Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2015, 19:24   #616
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Pretty strong words.

No doubt it's not as FTD as a Swift or a Polo but I didn't think it's THAT bad.

On a side note, got a message from my SA saying prices being hiked from tomorrow.
I don't know what others are harping on about, but I find the elite i20 really great to drive. Yes, the EPS does give you trouble initially but you will get used to it in no time. Dents don't happen automatically, even if its made of tin sheet. I have been driving it for a month now, no dents or scratches till now, touch wood.
suv100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 19:51   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
I don't know what others are harping on about, but I find the elite i20 really great to drive. Yes, the EPS does give you trouble initially but you will get used to it in no time. Dents don't happen automatically, even if its made of tin sheet. I have been driving it for a month now, no dents or scratches till now, touch wood.
The dents never occurred on my car automatically. My dealership is probing at the ease with it occurs. Actually they induced dents on my car in test conditions to make a good case for Hyundai to take this as a serious concern.

The problem is not just with the EPS. The overall car fails to give you that level of assurance when you want to feel that the road, the tarmac, the chassis and the dynamics of the car are working in harmony together for you.

Probably it is because I have driven some really well sorted (w.r.t dynamics) cars before, like the figo, punto, polo, swift and fiesta. May be I simply am not able to fathom such lackings in the car that looks as marvelously beautiful and sporty as the elite i20 does.

I will try being more forgiving about it now though, as I have bought it anyways.

But, Yes, the dent issue is real. Don't trust me? I will help anyone pop one on their car with simple instructions (no tools required, fingers only!).

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 17th April 2015 at 20:03.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 01:36   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
Dents don't happen automatically, even if its made of tin sheet. I have been driving it for a month now, no dents or scratches till now, touch wood.
Absolutely. The bonnet dent issue seems to be blown out of proportions on this thread, my car is 8 months old with 18k on ODO and I don't have single dent on the bonnet or on the roof.

There have been umpteen occasions where my 6 year old son has climbed and sat on the bonnet, I don't have any dents on it whatsoever.

Also, the birds are not too thoughtful of my cars roof too.
Old 18th April 2015, 03:31   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Absolutely. The bonnet dent issue seems to be blown out of proportions on this thread, my car is 8 months old with 18k on ODO and I don't have single dent on the bonnet or on the roof.

There have been umpteen occasions where my 6 year old son has climbed and sat on the bonnet, I don't have any dents on it whatsoever.

Also, the birds are not too thoughtful of my cars roof too.
You mean to say that the Service Manager of the dealership is misguiding HYUNDAI itself?
Old 18th April 2015, 10:48   #620
BHPian

In my view, since the dealership has taken note of issue and infact Hyundai is sending someone over to see/verify the same it is unlikey that the occurrences are normal in anyway.
Having said that a serious note of caution has been issued to my drivers to be careful while cleaning the car, and that it should be cleaned with minimum pressure on the car.
Old 18th April 2015, 11:22   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
You mean to say that the Service Manager of the dealership is misguiding HYUNDAI itself?
Spotted a couple of Elite i20s in the parking lot on my trip to the local market yesterday.

Just out of curiosity, I applied some pressure on the bonnet on both of them. Fingers, then palms, and even a light punch . Happy to report no dents whatsoever.

I think the issue may be unique to your car/batch.

Mod Note: Members, please don't try this at home! Other people's property deserves to be respected.

Last edited by noopster : 23rd April 2015 at 11:58. Reason: Warning note inline
Old 18th April 2015, 11:26   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Spotted a couple of Elite i20s in the parking lot on my trip to the local market.

Just out of curiosity, I applied some pressure on the bonnet on both of them. Fingers, then palms, and even a light punch . Happy to report no dents whatsoever.

I think the issue may be unique to your car/batch.
Hi Naru,

Nope. Not just my car but the GM of dealerships tried the same on two different test drive vehicles available with them. This happens at specific portion of the body line on the bonnet. That's the only reason because of which he acknowledged this to be product related concern.
Old 18th April 2015, 12:03   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Everyone has there own view point, you posted your experience of ownership and I posted what I experienced from 8 months of ownership.

I never used the term 'misguided' in the conversation, but as you have brought it to the table you very well can have it.
Old 19th April 2015, 13:02   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Everyone has there own view point, you posted your experience of ownership and I posted what I experienced from 8 months of ownership.

I never used the term 'misguided' in the conversation, but as you have brought it to the table you very well can have it.
There's no point arguing on this. I am happy that you aren't facing this problem at all. But, when you say the issue is being (of dents) blown out of proportion, you are indirectly implying that even the acknowledgement from Hyundai's officials mean nothing.

I am sharing this update so that you all (who have bought the car and the ones who might in future) can be on the safer side of the warranty if you ever find such dents happening on these specific locations of your car.

My problem is resolved anyways.

Peace out!
Old 19th April 2015, 21:36   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Naru,

Nope. Not just my car but the GM of dealerships tried the same on two different test drive vehicles available with them. This happens at specific portion of the body line on the bonnet. That's the only reason because of which he acknowledged this to be product related concern.
So what is next?

Will Hyundai be doing a recall of all the vehicles that it has sold till now to fix this problem?

Did you get any update from Hyundai yet ?
Old 19th April 2015, 23:49   #626
BHPian

Quote:
My problem is resolved anyways.

So what did they do. Have they replaced the affected part or what. Please share the details if you can.
Old 20th April 2015, 01:00   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
So what is next?

Will Hyundai be doing a recall of all the vehicles that it has sold till now to fix this problem?

Did you get any update from Hyundai yet ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
So what did they do. Have they replaced the affected part or what. Please share the details if you can.
The dealership has given in written that they would get the dents go in any case. That may include working on the bonnet and repainting the same. I have told them as they have caused these 8 dents, they must replace the bonnet with a new one.

Also, they updated me that Hyundai wants to have a look of the same. Their arrival (team hyundai) is due this week. I will keep you all posted on this.

One way or the other the dents are going to go. Just hoping that Hyundai probes why are these specific sections so weak :fingerscrossed:
Old 20th April 2015, 06:01   #628
BANNED

Quote:
The dealership has given in written that they would get the dents go in any case. That may include working on the bonnet and repainting the same. I have told them as they have caused these 8 dents, they must replace the bonnet with a new one.
Good that the officials are coming to visit your dealership on your case. Whatever be their thoughts, if you do get the bonnet replaced be sure that the color is matched correctly before painting else you'll find a different shade altogether when compared with the rest of the body.

Do keep us updated on what Hyundai has to say on this denting issue.

As you say the dealership car too were facing this issue when their GM tried it, can you check the VIN of those cars and see if this is a particular batch issue or common with the Elite.

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th April 2015 at 06:02.
Old 20th April 2015, 23:09   #629
BHPian

Update on the DENT issue:

Received a call from the GM of Sharayu Hyundai (Navi Mumbai) today. He apprised me of the situation in hand. He conveyed his inability to get any kind of response from team HYUNDAI for the issue even though it's notified to them as a possible product issue. I wonder why HYUNDAI chose not to reply to it's own dealership's GM.

Anyways, Sharayu would replace the bonnet for me in warranty while making sure that the paint matches. This will be executed next week.

For me the issue is closed. For all of us here, keep an eye on these areas. If you ever see an unexplainable dent here, try taking up with your dealership.
Old 21st April 2015, 18:15   #630

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Hello,

It seems that the wait for my I20 Elite has finally come to an end.

Got the call from my SA today, he told me that someone else cancelled their car, and it seems, that I am the next in line, so they are offering it to me now.

Car is already in their stockyard. I just need to complete the payment.

Can anyone give me pointers as to whether the 3M deal is worth the expense?

Also, any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Cant wait to get my car home now!

Congrats Saket. Wish you many happy miles of driving the Elite i20.
Do let me know how was your experience with the delivery process and anything I need to be aware of when my turn comes.
If possible do share your WhatsApp number so I can get in touch with you.
Are you planning to go for the underbody rust protection plan from 3M? Any other extras you have planned for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks