Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2019, 15:09   #2821
Senior - BHPian

Extended warranty comes from the company. So if you have written documentation then there is no reason to worry. Speak to Hyundai and they will be able to help. Lastly, if nothing works please take this or at lest threaten to take this to the consumer court.
Old 27th November 2019, 16:15   #2822

Re: Extended Warranty conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Btw, what did the fuel-gauge show when you drove off the dealership ? Was the fill-petrol lamp on ? Based on this and what the reserve of your car is, you can have an idea of what was in the car.
Yeah, the fill-petrol lamp was on

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Hi Abhinav,

Congratulations on a new car.

Sounds like you got served a bad apple in the form of an SA.

Usually, any additional accessories / discounts / services / extended warranties are always written in the Proforma Invoice and the final order booklet irrespective of what the customer pays for it.

Happy and Safe Driving!!
Thanks @sidpunjabi. I thought the SA was honest enough. But a lesson learnt and the same has been told to a friend as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Congratulations on the new car! As long as you've got a good copy of the car, in the long run that is what matters most.

At the outset, you've been cheated for extended warranty by the dodgy tricks of the sales advisor.
2 places where you could've been more careful are :
a) Getting a written/E-mail commitment from the SA/Dealer.

b) This :

Pay only after you sign the PDI dotted line, and ofcourse, sign the PDI only after you are fully satisfied with all parts of the deal i.e. the vehicle as well as the financial commitment.

Long story short, unless you have local support, I don't think you'll get any help from anywhere. At most you can probably expose the name of the Sales Advisor here, so that others may not get cheated similarly.
Agreed, I should have been more careful. I think I got emotional on the day of delivery and stopped using my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on the car! Wish you & your family unlimited safe & happy miles with the ride. I'd say you got a good OTR price there!
It will also give you a satisfaction of having done something rather than just being helpless. You might in fact get a good resolution as well.
Thanks @Reinhard.

I had raised a complaint to Hyundai. Got a call from the dealer, who again repeated the same thing, that giving extended warranty at this price point is not possible and abruptly cut the call.
Anyway, I think as everybody is suggesting here, I'll have to make my peace with it, and purchase the extended warranty from the outside. One thing I have made sure of is not to step-in the showroom, even for the service
abhi.modi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 19:36   #2823
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Guys a quick question, has the production of asto o CVT stopped? A close friend checked in Nasik, Jalgaon, Pune and finally found a Mumbai dealer having its inventory. All other dealers said the production has been stopped. Is it to minimise 2019 make inventory? He got his car at 9.8 Lacs on road cost.
Old 28th November 2019, 08:06   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Ended up with an invoice of Rs.3500, in which the single biggest component was the Synthetic oil which was close to Rs.2400.

So is synthetic the quality which is the default one for the i20?
Hi motorworks,

Short answer: No. There's no default specification saying that only synthetic oil needs to be used.

Your mileage of 5k per year, which I'm guessing is primarily to go from point A to B within the city, does not warrant the need for synthetic engine oil. A good quality mineral oil will work equally well and will be lighter on the pocket as well.

You can check out this T-bhp thread on the difference between Synthetic and Mineral oil and when to use what.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...neral-oil.html (ARTICLE: Synthetic oil vs Mineral oil)

While each type of oil has its pros and cons, in the end, it's a personal choice.
Old 31st December 2019, 15:46   #2825
BANNED

I own a petrol elite i20 need suggestion for a good service centre in east delhi, noida or ghaziabad.
Old 31st December 2019, 16:20   #2826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
I own a petrol elite i20 need suggestion for a good service centre in east delhi, noida or ghaziabad.
Are you looking for authorised service centre or an FNG?
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:44   #2827
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Are you looking for authorised service centre or an FNG?

Preferably authorized service center but FNG will also work.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd January 2020 at 12:50. Reason: fixed quote
Old 5th January 2020, 22:48   #2828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
If you are so keen on downsizing, may I suggest 185/70 R14 which the Era, Magna & Sportz variant gets. The 185/65 R15 comes in normal Asta & this size is also not a high profile tire size. I believe you are looking for a high profile tire with more sidewall height.
I find the low speed ride quality of the i20 Ellite Asta to be horrible. If 185/70 R14 makes noticeable difference, I would be happy to swap my rim/tyre from the lower trims. Do service centers facilitate such swaps? I will also explore exchanging at the service center (but they may not offer much for the Rim/tyre of an year old car)
I am not much worried about the looks.
Old 6th January 2020, 19:41   #2829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Do service centers facilitate such swaps?
Most of the service centers never facilitate such swaps. They just sell the tyres and rims but never swap. Regarding the low speed ride quality, did you try changing the tyre pressure? People always prefer up-sizing for better ride and control, but first time I hear someone actually wants to downsize.

Thanks,
TK
Old 9th January 2020, 17:15   #2830
BHPian

Quote:
I find the low speed ride quality of the i20 Ellite Asta to be horrible. If 185/70 R14 makes noticeable difference, I would be happy to swap my rim/tyre from the lower trims. Do service centers facilitate such swaps? I will also explore exchanging at the service center (but they may not offer much for the Rim/tyre of an year old car)
I am not much worried about the looks.
Hyundai Service centers do not have anything called as swaps, In case you are looking for swapping the rims/ alloys you need to go for Aftermarket setups.

Even I did face this ride quality issues on my i20 Sportz which comes with 185/70 R14 as well. I went with installation of Bosch Rogerab from Madhu's post which ride quality has improved a lot which is easy for your pockets as well.
Old 9th January 2020, 18:09   #2831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
Regarding the low speed ride quality, did you try changing the tyre pressure? People always prefer up-sizing for better ride and control, but first time I hear someone actually wants to downsize.
I know it is rare. I think in most cases, people want better handling and 'upsizing' is the way to go. In my case, I am keen on more absorbent ride quality at low speeds. Downsizing would result in taller side walls and this should help (theoretically)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Hyundai Service centers do not have anything called as swaps, In case you are looking for swapping the rims/ alloys you need to go for Aftermarket setups.

Even I did face this ride quality issues on my i20 Sportz which comes with 185/70 R14 as well. I went with installation of Bosch Rogerab from Madhu's post which ride quality has improved a lot which is easy for your pockets as well.
That means, just going for 185/70 R14 doesn't help. I will look in to the Bosch Rogerab option.
What I meant by 'swap' is, there must be customers who want to up-size from their R14 set up and I want to down-size. This could be a win-win situation. But going by your experience, the issue may not get solved by playing with the 'sidewall height'.
Old 10th January 2020, 17:13   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
But going by your experience, the issue may not get solved by playing with the 'sidewall height'.
The cause for your issue is either of two 1) inappropriate air pressure in the tyres

2) could be from suspension.

For me it was more of suspension. Due to the very soft suspension of Elite I20 ride quality also reduces in low speeds. This was fixed when I went with Rogerab by making the suspension bit firm.
Old 13th January 2020, 12:01   #2833
BHPian

Hi All,

The battery in the elite i20 has a black coloured cover. Anyone know if the cover is important? Mine was chewed at one side by rats and I checked with ASS and they do not have that as a part. They are saying it's just a cover given around the battery. Can someone say if it's of any use and if I can get a spare somewhere?

Regards,
Dhananjay
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-screenshot_202001131159422.png  

Old 13th January 2020, 12:21   #2834
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Can someone say if it's of any use and if I can get a spare somewhere?
Part Name: Insulation Pad-battery
Part Number: 371121J690
Price: ₹1,705.00

Check this link and place an order here

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th January 2020 at 12:24.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 12:26   #2835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Part Name: Insulation Pad-battery
Part Number: 371121J690
Price: ₹1,705.00

Check this link
Brilliant!! Thank you so much for that! Unfortunately, I cannot thank you twice

I've forwarded the part number to my SA. Will update in case they have a part available otherwise will order from boodmo. Thanks again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks