Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2018, 00:51   #2611
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag View Post
Hi there, to all fellow Automotive Enthusiasts !
I need ur suggestions.
I currently own an Elite i10 (Asta) Diesel 2016, which has done around 28,000 Kms.
Wanted to change its Engine Oil to a good synthetic one along with its tyres (sometime around 33-35,000 Kms) as the current Goodyear ones are very noisy.

Can the experts here suggest the best options for both ?
Would really appreciate your help !
Oil: isn't the car under warranty? If not, try Mobil 1 - it's known to be a good oil.

Tyres : what's your style of driving or what's your expectations from the tyres? Since it's an i20, I assume you don't look for tight handling, then we have grip, comfort & silence as parameters.

Michelin is a way too expensive option which will score on all. Yokohoma has some good options while I'll suggest an MRF ZLO for practical, budget conscious buyer. I hear good things about Apollo Accelere too. Any soft compound tyres will have less noise.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th October 2018 at 00:53.
Old 8th October 2018, 09:21   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag View Post

Wanted to change its Engine Oil to a good synthetic one along with its tyres (sometime around 33-35,000 Kms) as the current Goodyear ones are very noisy.
Hey Parag,

I have been using Michelin Primacy 3ST on my i20 for about 20k kms now.
They are extremely silent - much better than Goodyear assurance I was running on earlier. The ST stands for silence tuned. Also, the braking has become much much better and so has the ride quality... the downside is that the nearest config they are available are the 205/55R16 which means there would be a slight hit to the mileage. You can also try pilot sport 4 which comes in 205/55R16 and is cheaper as well if you prefer lower profile tyres.

As for the engine oil, I have been using Shell Ultra Helix for 45k+ kms and am very happy with the results. Warranty won't be an issue as you can see in the owner's manual that Hyundai recommends shell and quality of oil (Shell Helix Ultra). I hand over the oil (purchased my be) to Authorised Service centre at all my services and till now I never had any issues with them refusing to use the oil to talking about it voiding the warranty.

Hope this helps !

Last edited by Rahul_ : 8th October 2018 at 09:24. Reason: adding more info
Old 8th October 2018, 09:46   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I hear good things about Apollo Accelere too. Any soft compound tyres will have less noise.
Not Accelere. Apollo Alnac 4G. Using them on my CRDI Asta as they came OE, very very happy with them. Will replace them with the same one's in another 5k Kms.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd November 2018 at 07:29. Reason: compacted quoted post
toiingg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 19:24   #2614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Not Accelere. Apollo Alnac 4G. Using them on my CRDI Asta as they came OE, very very happy with them. Will replace them with the same one's in another 5k Kms.
Thanks, I got it mixed up I guess. What's the price of both, if you know?
Old 14th October 2018, 15:06   #2615
BHPian

I got the 3rd service (17K Km) done of my elite i20 1.4 Diesel a few months back at Modi Hyundai, Thane.
Since then I'm facing engine vibration and harshness issue (It was running absolutely fine before that).
I gave my car two times to them to check this issue, but each time I get my car back with the response that it is running absolutely fine.

My first guess is, this issue is related to engine oil, as someone earlier mentioned in the thread that Hyundai has switched their full synthetic oil from Shell to Servo. I'm now planning to get the oil changed to Shell Helix Ultra to see if it makes any difference.

Also, an unfortunate incidence happened in the last service/repair, my car's front driver side seat was damaged by the service center guys :

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-seat-damage.jpg

PS: I even took a friend's i20 for a quick drive to check if it is my mind which is playing games but after driving his car I can definitely say there is more harshness in my car.
Old 21st October 2018, 23:40   #2616
BHPian

My parents were in town this weekend, so we embarked on a short-notice trip to Goa.

The route followed was:

Bangalore (E-City) -> NICE Road -> Tumkur -> Hubli -> Belgaum -> Goa (Arpora)

Goa (Arpora) -> Karwar -> Davanagere -> Tumkur -> Bangalore (KIAL) -> Bangalore (E-City)

We left early morning, around 5:30AM on Thursday. It took us around 10.5 hours of driving, plus 1 hour for breaks. We reached the hotel around 5 PM.

We had already visited Goa earlier, so this time, it was more of a relaxation trip, and family bonding over road trips.

On Sunday, we left Goa at 6:30AM. Till Tumkur, it took us around 9 hours. Tumkur to KIAL took another 3 hours, and KIAL to my home in E-City took 1h 45m. Blame peak BLR traffic

Spirited Driving all day got me around 12.3 km/l average over a total of 1394km driven

Letting the pictures do the talking

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-1.jpg
The beautiful ride <3

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-3.jpg
The smooth tarmac

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2.jpg
Windy Ghats

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-4.jpg
The Room (Park Regis Goa)

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-5.jpg
The Hotel (Park Regis Goa)

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-6.jpg
The Hotel Pt. 2 (Park Regis Goa)

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-7.jpg
Baga Beach

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-8.jpg
Alternate Ride on alternate days

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-9.jpg
Fun at Candolim Beach

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-10.jpg
Return Journey (via Karwar)

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-11.jpg
Peaceful Karwar Beach

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-12.jpg
Last parting shot near Tumkur
ts1506 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 02:34   #2617
BHPian

I have an important update for all Elite i20 owners (old/new/petrol/diesel):

Hyundai India now offers standalone 5th Year Extended Warranty for all the cars in it's stable.

You can check the prices for the same by clicking here:

http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/Up.../EW-prices.pdf
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 23:21   #2618
BHPian

Guys,

I'm taking delivery of new Elite i20 Asta tomorrow and planning to replace the gear knob in Asta with that of Asta option.
I've tried it through Hyundai service, apparently, you have to order parts based on your car VIN and I cannot order the leather wrapped gear knob that Asta (o) has, using my VIN.

Anyone has any idea on how I can get this? the other option I have is to order under my friend's VIN which is old Elite sports which came with the leather knob. The knob costs 2400 + labour

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st November 2018, 06:34   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satheesh1909 View Post
Anyone has any idea on how I can get this? the other option I have is to order under my friend's VIN which is old Elite sports which came with the leather knob. The knob costs 2400 + labour
Try AliExpress.com. They have a lot of options and aren't heavy on the pocket.

I replaced my i-gen i20's old worn out gear knobb with 1 found on the new Xcent / Elite i20.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd November 2018 at 07:30. Reason: compacted quoted post
sidpunjabi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 15:02   #2620
BHPian

Hyundai i20 scores 3 star safety rating – Bodyshell unstable says Global NCAP

Global NCAP has crash tested the new Hyundai i20. The results of which were released today. As per the crash test report, for adult safety it has scored a 3 star rating while for child safety it has scored a 2 star rating. The crash test was conducted at 64 kmph. Bodyshell of Hyundai i20 has been declared unstable by Global NCAP.

Source : https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-i20...-12286277.html

GNCAP tested the South African model. Not confirmed if its made in India.
Old 22nd November 2018, 16:31   #2621
BHPian

Hi Fellow Bhpians. Recently after a lot of brainstorming finalised and changed my goodyear assurance tyres 195/55/r16 at 37.6k kms to Continental MC 5. I was very confused between Yokohama earth 1 and continental mc 5 cost wise. But in the end heart won over brains. Our car deserve good pampering isn't it. Also, got a a cool fast track sunglasses as complementary. What more I can ask for.
Old 23rd November 2018, 01:34   #2622
BHPian

Hello Guys,
I need your expert opinion and advice on an issue with my car.

I have a 2015 Elite i20 1.4 Diesel Asta. The car has 26K on the ODO. Lately I have observed that whenever the car is going over a bump or an uneven surface, there is a 'Kirrk' noise from the front suspension. I took to the car to the HASS where the service personnel acknowledged the sound from the suspension during the test drive.

Till date I have given the car to them thrice for this very issue. It's still with them as I type this post.
The technician is unable to pinpoint the source of the issue. They stated that they took the whole suspension apart, lubricated it and put it back together, changed the bushes, shock absorbers. Still the issue remains. Yesterday evening the technician called and advised that they have tested a couple of other cars (Elite i20) for the same sound and that the sound is coming from them as well (which I think is a lie). HASS is absolutely sure that it's not a problem to be concerned and wants me to collect the car tomorrow.

My car is under extended warranty as of now. Can I push the HASS for a full from suspension replacement?

All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd November 2018 at 04:27. Reason: Added spacing for improved readability.
NirmalK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 08:50   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirmalK View Post
Hello Guys,

I have a 2015 Elite i20 1.4 Diesel Asta. The car has 26K on the ODO. Lately I have observed that whenever the car is going over a bump or an uneven surface, there is a 'Kirrk' noise from the front suspension.

All opinions and suggestions are welcome.
Hello Nirmal,

I have a Verna 4S and I had a similar sound coming from the front of the car when it crossed uneven surface or when it went on pavers etc. I checked with my HASS and the SA was quick to determine that it was not at all related to the suspension and rather the EPS motor which had developed 'play'. He got my EPS replaced under warranty and so far, the sound hasn't returned. Probably, you should check out this angle.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 12:38   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirmalK View Post
Hello Guys,

I have a 2015 Elite i20 1.4 Diesel Asta. The car has 26K on the ODO. Lately I have observed that whenever the car is going over a bump or an uneven surface, there is a 'Kirrk' noise from the front suspension.
I have the same noise for last 3 years. Same response by HASS. By the way mine is 2014 Petrol. And it only comes at slow speeds (1st gear speed less than 10 kmph) when crossing a speed-breaker or going over uneven surfaces. The noise is not heard or is very faint when going faster(say 10+ kmph).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th November 2018 at 10:27. Reason: Typo corrected.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 19:03   #2625
BHPian

I have also faced this problem in my 2015 elite i20 diesel model. After many permutation and combination in the end they changed my front lower arm. After that there was no sound at all . It was covered in my extended warranty. Hope this helps.
sam_machine is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks