Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2018, 20:58   #2476
BHPian

i20 Diesel AC cooling

Test drove the diesel i20 yesterday.
Driving this car was a welcome change from test driving Swift and Baleno.
i20 handles so much better than the new Swift , also the fit and finish is a grade above.
One thing which caught my attention was the cooling of the AC.
It was not that the cabin was not comfortable,but somehow I found that even at lowest temperature setting the air was not '"as cool" as Swift's or Baleno's.

Any fellow members who have had a similar experience?

Also the local dealership is offering no offers or discounts on the top end Asta (O) diesel. Is that the case all over?
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 13:29   #2477
BHPian

Re: i20 Diesel AC cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Test drove the diesel i20 yesterday.
Driving this car was a welcome change from test driving Swift and Baleno.
i20 handles so much better than the new Swift , also the fit and finish is a grade above.
One thing which caught my attention was the cooling of the AC.
It was not that the cabin was not comfortable,but somehow I found that even at lowest temperature setting the air was not '"as cool" as Swift's or Baleno's.

Any fellow members who have had a similar experience?

Also the local dealership is offering no offers or discounts on the top end Asta (O) diesel. Is that the case all over?
I have a I20 diesel, the funny thing is that i never feel it is cold enough when I set the temperature to 22 in Bangalore but every fellow passengers have asked me to reduce the AC. And it has been the same since I bought the car. The only time I feel the AC is when the temperature is around 20 but in this temperature everyone else feels it is pretty cold.

Yes, I20 is a popular car, so there are no discounts. My mom irritated the sales guy to such an extent that he gave us 3k discount!
prasathlr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 20:35   #2478
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hello guys,

I am getting this number within a red circle in my i20 AVN. Is this a speed sensor warning or something associated with that ?

I am also hearing a chime sound when this number is displayed on the screen. Also, the number keeps changing when it pops up the next time.

Any pointers on this please ??
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-avn-pic.jpg  

Old 1st April 2018, 20:57   #2479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
I am getting this number within a red circle in my i20 AVN. Is this a speed sensor warning or something associated with that ?
That is the speed limit for the road which you're driving on.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 14:28   #2480
BHPian

Just completed 11k kms, thought of sharing these pics..!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20171129_115706_061_01.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20180124_231535_927.jpg  

prasathlr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 14:55   #2481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post
After a lot of thinking, I have decided to switch to Synthetic oil after a couple of thousand kilometres. I am going to use either Shell full synthetic or Liqui Moly Synthetic oil -15W40- as per manufacturer recommendation. Also planning to use Liqui Moly Ceratec ( just to satisfy my curiosity)

Will update this thread and share my feedback.
The best synthetic Diesel engine oil I have come across is Mobil Delvac 1 full synthetic. You can give it a try if you want to.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 13:14   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I plan to switch to Liqui Moly TopTec or Shell Helix 5W40 (Synthetic) during the 20,000 kms service.

Liqui Moly 9511 Top Tec 4100 5W-40 Engine Oil (5L)

Shell Helix Ultra 550041109 5W-40 API SN Fully Synthetic Car Engine Oil (4L)
Update on Shell Helix Ultra Synthetic Engine Oil change. Oh boy! There is a world of difference between Synthetic oil and normal oil.

As suggested by a4anurag, I placed an order on Amazon for the Shell Helix Synthetic oil. If you are buying it from Amazon it costs 3k per 4 litre bottle, but if you buy it directly from Shell fuel station, then it costs 5k. You can save around 2.8k for 5.3L engine oil required for Elite I20 if you order from Amazon. Plus, If you are residing in Bangalore, you are in luck. Amazon has a tie up with Shell, who will send some technicians to your home and change the oil free of cost. I got a call the next day asking for appointment for the oil change. After two days, two technicians from Carzippi came home and replaced the oil for free, but I had to pay for the oil filter.

I never thought there would be such a difference in the way the engine would behave after changing the oil. The engine feels lot smoother, relatively silent and revvs easily past 2k RPM. I had noticed that post servo oil change, I could sense the hesitation in the engine to revv beyond 2k RPM, and the engine felt crude and was quite noisy. After switching to Shell Helix, the engine behaves totally different. I have been using it for 3 days now, and am really satisfied with the performance.

I haven't checked the fuel economy, but I do feel there will be some improvement, will update on that later. Post Servo oil change, in my fuel tracking app I saw the fuel economy at 7.95
prasathlr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 13:43   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Update on Shell Helix Ultra Synthetic Engine Oil change. Oh boy! There is a world of difference between Synthetic oil and normal oil. ...... saw the fuel economy at 7.95
Hey bro!

Reading your comments makes me want to change my oil to synthetic right away! My i20 has clocked around 7K kms so far, and is just over a year old. Does the car come with mineral oil out of the factory? I already got the 10K service done, and I'm not sure what oil they used (if they changed the oil, that is LOL). I was unfortunately tied up in Kerala when the car was serviced in Ahmedabad and was therefore unable to keep a close eye.

The car is already so sweet to drive, and hearing your comments with the synthetic oil is making me super excited! (I have the diesel btw)

I intend on changing to synthetic oil at around the 10K mark.
Old 12th April 2018, 15:11   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Hey bro!

Reading your comments makes me want to change my oil to synthetic right away! My i20 has clocked around 7K kms so far, and is just over a year old. Does the car come with mineral oil out of the factory? I already got the 10K service done, and I'm not sure what oil they used (if they changed the oil, that is LOL). I was unfortunately tied up in Kerala when the car was serviced in Ahmedabad and was therefore unable to keep a close eye.

The car is already so sweet to drive, and hearing your comments with the synthetic oil is making me super excited! (I have the diesel btw)

I intend on changing to synthetic oil at around the 10K mark.
Even I didn't bother changing oil till 10k kms, but the other day I was reading the manual and it was mentioned that engine oil change is recommended at every 5k kms if your car under goes the following conditions :
Severe driving conditions
A : Repeated short distance driving (Check for me)
B : Extensive idli (Check for me)
C : Driving in dusty, rough roads (Check for me)
D : Driving in areas using salt or other corrosive
materials or in very cold weather
E : Driving in sandy areas
F : More than 50 % driving in heavy city traffic during hot
weather above 32°C (90°F) (Check for me)
G : Driving in mountainous areas
H : Towing a trailer
I : Driving for patrol car, taxi, commercial car or vehicle
towing
J : Driving over 170 km/h (106 mile/h)

After reading this I went for oil change only to be disappointed by the oil used by the service center.
Checked the fuel economy today and it is back to 14.xx km/l in Bangalore traffic.
Old 12th April 2018, 18:02   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
Even I didn't bother changing ....
B : Extensive idli (Check for me)
... traffic.
Extensive idli? That's a no for me. I prefer Masala Dosa any day! Haha!

On a serious note, thank you for this! I plan on changing the oil soon. I drove from Ahmedabad to Hyderabad recently, maintaining 100-120kmph almost throughout. Sadly, I got a fuel efficiency of around 11-12kmph only. Changing the oil should hopefully help! Granted, this trip did involve quite a bit of spirited driving!
Old 12th April 2018, 20:29   #2486
BHPian

Quote:

On a serious note, thank you for this! I plan on changing the oil soon. I drove from Ahmedabad to Hyderabad recently, maintaining 100-120kmph almost throughout. Sadly, I got a fuel efficiency of around 11-12kmph only. Changing the oil should hopefully help! Granted, this trip did involve quite a bit of spirited driving!
Hehe! I meant Extensive Idling!

I frequently travel to my native from Bangalore and always drive between 100 - 130 kmph and still I manage to get 16kmpl consistently.
Old 12th April 2018, 21:14   #2487
BHPian

Quote:
Update on Shell Helix Ultra Synthetic Engine Oil change. Oh boy! There is a world of difference between Synthetic oil and normal oil.

As suggested by a4anurag, I placed an order on Amazon for the Shell Helix Synthetic oil.
Well, the Hyundai Website says the following regarding engine oil
RECOMMENDED GRADE : API CH 4
SPECIFICATION: SAE 15 W 40
TOTAL QUANTITY: 5.3 L

You mention Shell Helix Synthetic Oil, do you know whether you ordered for Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 API SN Fully Synthetic Car Engine Oil , if yes, what is the grade CH4 or CI4 or neither? Could you please check and clarify?
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 22:42   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Well, the Hyundai Website says the following regarding engine oil
RECOMMENDED GRADE : API CH 4
SPECIFICATION: SAE 15 W 40
TOTAL QUANTITY: 5.3 L

You mention Shell Helix Synthetic Oil, do you know whether you ordered for Oil , if yes, what is the grade CH4 or CI4 or neither? Could you please check and clarify?
You have quoted for the old I20, in the same link that you shared please check the last row for Elite I20. This is what is mentioned.
New Elite i20 (2018) 1.4 L ACEA A3/B4 SAE 5 W 40 5.3 L

I have ordered Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 API SN Fully Synthetic Car Engine. It is ACEA A3/B4 as mentioned in the Hyundai website as well as the user manual.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 10:33   #2489
BHPian

Quote:

Apologies, I meant that I get around 11-12kmpl in driving in the city (driving was less than 3 km a day, less than 1 km at a stretch. I know it's bad for the car, but I didn't have a choice).

I got a mileage of around 16kmpl on the high way run!

Apologies again, I dont know why I messed this up
Old 13th April 2018, 16:59   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Just completed 11k kms, thought of sharing these pics..!

Gorgeous !! Crdi or VTVT ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks