Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:05   #2386
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi All! Anyone else has faced this issue in their Elite i20. I have no clue how has this happened in my car. Need to speak to the SA on this. Tried a quick fix using Fevi Stick but didn’t work.

Disclaimer - The image used is for representation purposes only and has been sourced from the Elite i20 forum on Facebook. There are a lot of owners who've faced similar issues on the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-e06c86b182504192ab6c246a09743f8c.jpeg  

Last edited by verma_rahul : 23rd November 2017 at 11:08. Reason: Minor Edit :-)
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:24   #2387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Hi All! Anyone else has faced this issue in their Elite i20. I have no clue how has this happened in my car.
Happened to a colleague's year-old i20. No real reason there either, that bit just appears to be flimsy.

He just let it be because he didn't trust the A.S.S. to not make a bigger mess trying to fix it.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:47   #2388
BHPian

Does anybody know Fog lamp specs?

In the manual the wattage of the bulb is mentioned as 35. That means its a H8.

But the Hyundai parts catalog mentions 27 watts. This means its H27.

Few people have mentioned H27 on team bhp itself On the internet some people have mentioned it as H27.

Im super confused. Any body can help out with this. Otherwise i will have to crawl underneath and check.

The bulb from the front of the housing looks like a H27.

Does that mean that owners manual has wrong information?
Old 24th November 2017, 17:09   #2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Does anybody know Fog lamp specs?

In the manual the wattage of the bulb is mentioned as 35. That means its a H8.

But the Hyundai parts catalog mentions 27 watts. This means its H27.

Few people have mentioned H27 on team bhp itself On the internet some people have mentioned it as H27.

Im super confused. Any body can help out with this. Otherwise i will have to crawl underneath and check.

The bulb from the front of the housing looks like a H27.

Does that mean that owners manual has wrong information?
It is H27 only. Even once I got confused and opened and saw. But its very hard to get one as upgrade. If you can able to find one let me know. Wondering why Hyundai has fitted this rare bulb. Now my headlamps and Fog lamps color differs. Headlamps are more whitish than Fog lamps which is yellow.
Old 24th November 2017, 19:26   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balachandran View Post
It is H27 only. Even once I got confused and opened and saw. But its very hard to get one as upgrade. If you can able to find one let me know. Wondering why Hyundai has fitted this rare bulb. Now my headlamps and Fog lamps color differs. Headlamps are more whitish than Fog lamps which is yellow.

I am looking at something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Motor-...5P8?th=1&psc=1

880 size is compatible with H27
Old 25th November 2017, 20:34   #2391
BHPian

Experience with bluetooth phone call:
I'm linking my iphone5 with the bluetooth. Whenever I accept the call (while driving), the car nav shows as in-call and timer running but my phone keeps ringing. It takes several rings (4 to 6 rings) on the phone before the audio gets connected.
The audio is not available from both ends till the audio connection completes.
In the mean time, the party at the other end sometimes assumes call problem and disconnects.

The number of rings before which the audio connects varies. Sometimes its immediate and at other times upto 6 rings.

Anyone faced such issue?

What I presume is more of issue with iphone. I'll update to latest version on phone and see if it solves the problem.
Old 26th November 2017, 03:26   #2392
BHPian

Hi all,
I owned the car in 2015 after deciding to upgrade from my 2009 i10 Sportz. I was in need of a car due to nagging suspension and the infamous steering rattling of the i10 and to have a larger boot space within my budget. Hyundai and Maruti are my only choice due to service centre availability.
My mind said waiting for launch of Baleno and Brezza but I apprehended long waiting periods from various posts and waiting 4-5 months more for the launch was making me impatient. So booked the i20 Asta petrol for 7.65L on road including 5 yrs registration fees.

Just to summurize my experience after driving for 35000 km:

PROs:
1. Great ride quality. After being behind the steering of i10 for 6 years, for me its the most appreceable thing. Compared to the floaty i10, i20 remains planted. I can even take some corners in 80kmph which I was afraid to take at 60kmph in my i10. I am not bashing the i10 though as this car also set some benchmarks in its days.
2. Great looks. Like the official review says, its Universally Appealing.
3. Great and premium looking alloys.
4. A segment first 16 inch 195 section wheels.<br>
5. Premium feel of the cabin and dashboard materials. Baleno really lags behind in this.

CONs:
1. No EBD. This is really a reproachable approach of Hyundai to omit EBD in cars upto Verna. (Have not checked the 2017 verna though.)
2. Fixed grab handles. Even my 2009 i10 had retractable handles.
3. Only one reversing light!!!!! Simply pathetic and shamelss cost cutting to say the least.
4. Hyundai Removed DRL and rear disk brakes from the previous gen while keeping the price constantly going up in phases.
5. Removed the 2nd usb port.
6. No autolocking doors. A premium hathback without this feature???? Even my 2009 i10 had this.
7. No request sensor on 2nd door. It is very handy to access the glovebox from passenger side.
8. Compared to the premium price Hyundai commands for this vehicle, the engine is very underpowered. At this price they could have plonked an 1.4L I think.
9. Screwed up AC buttons. The manual fan control is on the AutoAC knob and the temperature control is on the Fan on/off knob!!!!!
10. Very small glovebox.
11. Cluster ionizer seems to be for sticker only. More often than not smell of dust, animal&nbsp; corpses come inside the cabin.
12. Window glasses rattle when not fully up. I dont remember having this in the i10.
13. Annoying sound of the horn when locking and unlocking the car. I fail to think why Hyundai cannot give a different buzzer for this.
14. The infamous steering rattling noise is still there although it appeared a lot latter, at around 30000 km of running.
15. Long travel clutch pedal. A premium hatchback does not deserve this.
16. A premium hatchback should have been given a full sized spare alloy wheel.
17. Ultra light steering, like for a child&apos;s play. Should have had some weight on high speeds.

I think Hyundai is getting away with all of the above and still sell the car in great numbers because of no real competition for years after launch and smashing looks (I also fell for that). So I sincerely thank MSIL for bringing Hyundai down to earth by launching the Baleno at a far superior feature to price ratio and by including the much needed safety features as standard.
In spite of so many cons I still love my car as it has never failed me. I had only a good amount of grudge towards Hyundai management for the above cons (even if knowing that no single car can have every feature and can satisfy one and all).
anu007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 03:36   #2393
BHPian

An important update for everyone who is suffering with this weird problem with regards to Air Conditioner in the Elite i20 not working properly during long drives and the blowers not letting in any air:

I, myself faced this issue many number of times in last 6-7 months. I couldn't see the pattern at first, but then I realized something is wrong with the system. Searched on the net for anyone suffering from similar issue to realise it's something that's commonly occurring in the elite i20s across India.

Took some snaps and a little video to explain the same to SA and HMIL, both.

Resolution:

1. AC Thermistor Replacement
2. AC valve replacement
3. Gas Re-fill

Kindly note all of these are covered under warranty and you shouldn't be paying for manufacturers errors. They will shamelessly ask you to, but, you can sternly deny.

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 26th November 2017 at 03:38.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 19:47   #2394
BHPian

Hi all,
I jus had my AC compressor replaced under warranty as well as AC valves and thermistor. AC seems to be working fine.
After driving for close to 150 km, i am now having a concerning issue.
My engine vibrates like a small buzz while acceleration, at exactly around 1500 rpm in any gear. The vibration can be felt on the entire car, and the dashboard, door glass everything rattles with the buzz.
Has anyone faced this issue?
Old 28th November 2017, 19:57   #2395
BHPian

Hi,

Today while coming back from work, heard some wierd noise in the car, coming from the engine bay I think, it was not the tick tick or kat kat kind of sound but a continuous whiriing kind of noise, it seemed to be a very elongated ac gas wizzing kind of sound, but to me it seemed to be stemming from some mechanical part.
There was no drop in performance, the ac was not switched on.
The brakes seemed fine, the sound was not the ABS kind of sound, I hear this sound for quite a distance, then it died, only to come again and die again.
In the cold start hear a very similar sound for few minutes.I have started to feel a vibration at the fag end of the clutch travel when changing gears, my hunch is this has something to do with the clutch, the vehicle has done 33k kms
2014 sportz petrol, any leads or ideas, and whether its safe to drive the car?
Reached home, checke under the hood, seems the bloody rat again, found a biscuit over the battery, with the cover of the +terminal dislodged!I got the middle vents changed, hear a sound, when switching off, coming from inside the dash, the sound I am talking about is different to that, but could be related.
Regards
Shailesh

Last edited by aspire : 28th November 2017 at 19:59.
Old 3rd December 2017, 14:43   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Experience with bluetooth phone call:
I'm linking my iphone5 with the bluetooth. Whenever I accept the call (while driving), the car nav shows as in-call and timer running but my phone keeps ringing. It takes several rings (4 to 6 rings) on the phone before the audio gets connected.
It was indeed iPhone problem. After update to latest version, its OK now.
Old 3rd December 2017, 21:11   #2397
BHPian

Dear all,

Day before yesterday it rained in Bangalore and I left office a bit late. I faced this severe fogging on the windshield from the outside when the wipers were on. The ACC was on and set to 23 degree Celsius. When a vehicle was approaching from the front, the combination of its headlights and this fog made visibility less by almost 95% and it was like I was driving blind. This has happened for the first time. Not even during the heavy rains that Bangalore has had this year.

I am attaching a sample image here that I clicked around 7:30pm. If anyone has any idea about why this happened and any resolution for this then please let me know. Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-15ca779a206c45aca1f8ec76f075cfc3.jpeg  

Old 4th December 2017, 07:27   #2398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
I faced this severe fogging on the windshield from the outside when the wipers were on. The ACC was on and set to 23 degree Celsius.
The fogging of windshield on outside indicates that even though it's raining, the temperature of windshield on outer side is more than inside. Increase the temperature of ACC to may be 25-27 and see.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 20:00   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Dear all,

Day before yesterday it rained in Bangalore and I left office a bit late. I faced this severe fogging on the windshield from the outside when the wipers were on. T

Regards,
Dhananjay
You can go through the article http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ing-rains.html. This will help you to fix your problem.
meetbadri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 12:01   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The fogging of windshield on outside indicates that even though it's raining, the temperature of windshield on outer side is more than inside. Increase the temperature of ACC to may be 25-27 and see.
That is quite strange as this has happened for the first time. The MID was indicating a temperature of 21 degrees (I'm assuming it displays the outside temp) and I had set the inside temperature as 23. I shall show this to the SA as my second service is due. Thanks for the heads up on this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
You can go through the article http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ing-rains.html. This will help you to fix your problem.
Thanks for this! Will also show fogging issue to the SA during the second service just to have peace of mind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks