Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2017, 00:56   #2086
BHPian

My 2014 elite crdi has completed 40k now.
There is an irritating loud scrapping like of sound coming from the front suspension. This happens only when i have the brakes applied and the front suspension is compressed, like when going over a speed breaker with brakes applied or while i go downhill and have the brakes to slow the car.

It is not the sound of ABS working. Had reported this to svc multiple times and they had changed bushes multiple times (says so, cant confirm that it was actually changed)
Is anyone else facing similar issues?

Any solution?
Old 13th February 2017, 10:46   #2087

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
My 2014 elite crdi has completed 40k now.
There is an irritating loud scrapping like of sound coming from the front suspension. This happens only when i have the brakes applied and the front suspension is compressed, like when going over a speed breaker with brakes applied or while i go downhill and have the brakes to slow the car.

It is not the sound of ABS working. Had reported this to svc multiple times and they had changed bushes multiple times (says so, cant confirm that it was actually changed)
Is anyone else facing similar issues?

Any solution?
Did you check the sound by pressing the bonnets, to confirm if the sound is actually from the suspension? Or it may be with the brake pads, I feel this because you told that sound comes when brake is applied. Please confirm.
Old 14th February 2017, 11:32   #2088
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need some confirmation.
My car had to be taken to the service centre as there was a problem of rats biting the wires of the sensors near the cylinder head and check engine light turned on.
Now after the clearing of the error codes, I have 2 problems

1) There is no temperature display in the MID.If I remember correctly it used to display the temperature previously.
Can someone please confirm if you have the temperature display available in your car ?

2)It seems that the Automatic Climate Control is not working properly.
The Light on the AC button (Blue) used to stop glowing after sometime, which I think was when the car achieved the preset temperature, now it is glowing continuously.
Can you please confirm if that is how it works in your car too ?

I think I will need to visit ASS but need confirmation before or is there a way to do it by yourself.

Regards,
Nitin
Nits83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 12:06   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nits83 View Post
Hi Guys,
Dear Nits83
These are the answers to your queries.

1) There is no temperature display in the MID.:

Can you please confirm which variant do you own. If you own Asta then only it will display the outside temperature.

The Light on the AC button (Blue) used to stop glowing after sometime, which I think was when the car achieved the preset temperature, now it is glowing continuously.

That's not the case because when you press the A/C button it will not go off unless you switch off. If the preset temperature is achieved then it will cut off the compressor, blue light on the A/C button will not switch off.

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th February 2017 at 12:11. Reason: Fixing quote tag
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 12:16   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
Dear Nits83

Can you please confirm which variant do you own. If you own Asta then only it will display the outside temperature.

Yes I have the top variant actually i20 Active SX(O) but essentially the same MID.

That's not the case because when you press the A/C button it will not go off unless you switch off. If the preset temperature is achieved then it will cut off the compressor, blue light on the A/C button will not switch off.

Well not absolutely sure but when on Automatic Climate Control I remember seeing the Auto button light glowing continuously but A/C light coming on when I changed the preset temperature.
Old 14th February 2017, 12:54   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Well not absolutely sure but when on Automatic Climate Control I remember seeing the Auto button light glowing continuously but A/C light coming on when I changed the preset temperature.
If you set the temperature to hi setting then may A/C light go off.

In ACC if you set it in auto mode and change the fan speed then auto mode will go off. So if you have set the fan speed manually then the compressor will only cut off after preset temperature and fan speed will remain same. Now if you have set temperature at 23'c and press auto button then the ACC will control fan speed too. A/C light will remain on.
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 13:46   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
1) There is no temperature display in the MID.If I remember correctly it used to display the temperature previously.
Can someone please confirm if you have the temperature display available in your car ?
Outside temperature display in definitely there on the Asta variant.

Quote:
Can you please confirm if that is how it works in your car too ?
If car from inside is already cooler then the temperature you requested for using ACC, the blue light on AC button will stay off as the compressor is not working, it turns on only when the compressor is at work.
Bubby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 14:12   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
If car from inside is already cooler then the temperature you requested for using ACC, the blue light on AC button will stay off as the compressor is not working, it turns on only when the compressor is at work.
Bubby is right.

The blue light on the Ac button stays off if the ambient temperature outside the car is 4C lesser than what you have set on the ACC. it comes back on once the difference is close to 2C

e.g.: Outside temp is 18C; you have set the ACC to 21C; blue light on AC is off until the outside temperature is over 19C.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 15:27   #2094
BHPian

Thanks Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
Dear Nits83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Outside temperature display in definitely there on the Asta variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Bubby is right.

The blue light on the Ac button stays off if the ambient temperature outside the car is 4C lesser than what you have set on the ACC. it comes back on once the difference is close to 2C

e.g.: Outside temp is 18C; you have set the ACC to 21C; blue light on AC is off until the outside temperature is over 19C.
This makes sense seems the root cause is the ambient temperature sensor not working hence ACC also not switching off as it doesn't have any reference temperature to compare.

Any pointers to what can be the culprit for ambient temperature sensor not working ??

To me it seems like they turned it off while resetting the check engine light error code.
Old 17th February 2017, 13:17   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys
This makes sense seems the root cause is the ambient temperature sensor not working hence ACC also not switching off as it doesn't have any reference temperature to compare.

Any pointers to what can be the culprit for ambient temperature sensor not working ??

To me it seems like they turned it off while resetting the check engine light error code.
First check should be whether the said sensor is indeed connected or affected by the rodent attack.

I do not recall the option to turn off the sensor in the ECU; but i might have missed it.
Old 17th February 2017, 16:45   #2096

It's been two weeks since I took delivery of Elite i20 and I'm very happy with my decision after the horrendous experience with Tata Tiago here

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20170210_112548.jpg
Prashanth_mys is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 20:41   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanth_mys View Post
It's been two weeks since I took delivery of Elite i20 and I'm very happy with my decision after the horrendous experience with Tata Tiago here

Attachment 1609393
Congratulations on your new car. Was closely following your experience with Tata guys.

Time to flush out Tiago and update ‘My Car’ section
Scorpion 10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 10:42   #2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post

Time to flush out Tiago and update ‘My Car’ section
Did that! Thank you Scorpion
Prashanth_mys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 09:47   #2099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanth_mys View Post
It's been two weeks since I took delivery of Elite i20 and I'm very happy with my decision after the horrendous experience with Tata Tiago
Went through the whole experience, and all I can say is that this i20 must've truly been perfect and without even micro-scratches for you to have accepted it, going by the way you had inspected both the Tiago cars, specially the 2nd one.

I've never done an inspection for a car, and I wasn't a member of this forum then, only after joining did I even discover the concept of seeing before buying. I'd always imagined that most buying experiences happened like mine did, a humble drop-off at my home followed by handing over of the keys & a handshake that ends it all.

However, its not that I don't care for the quality of the vehicle before delivery, I am more into the mechanical/technical side of things and checking aesthetics never occurred to me primarily because I always assumed that every dealer, and the company before them, would have customer satisfaction in their mind and would do thorough inspection of even the paint before it sets off from the factory/showroom, Hyundai has been more than satisfactory in that regard but obviously the same cannot be said of TATA.

Things will improve for a brand only when they understand the concept of customer is king in ALL respects. They should hand over the car with pride and not just "palm" it off citing factory issues/dealership issues. Passing the buck happens in two ways in this country, one by literally passing the buck (bribe) and the other passing the blame onto whichever source is available. Its time that things change, if Hyundai had given such a defective car many people would've simply trashed it verbally calling it Korean junk and what not, Tiago was seen as a "game-changer" of sorts and even after such incidents it'll still be admired because of the "National" car-maker tag.

All brands have certain issues of their own in terms of ownership, maintenance or quality itself, but to me Hyundai manages to be optimal in all respects with only service being the sore point (primarily due to arrogance of higher volumes). If that changes they'll be unstoppable.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 13:33   #2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Went through the whole experience, and all I can say is that this i20 must've truly been perfect and without even micro-scratches for you to have accepted it, going by the way you had inspected both the Tiago cars, specially the 2nd one.
Haha, after the first glance at i20, I was assured of the quality. Just compare the rubber beading of the two cars and you will know what I’m talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Things will improve for a brand only when they understand the concept of customer is king in ALL respects. They should hand over the car with pride and not just "palm" it off citing factory issues/dealership issues. Passing the buck happens in two ways in this country, one by literally passing the buck (bribe) and the other passing the blame onto whichever source is available. Its time that things change, if Hyundai had given such a defective car many people would've simply trashed it verbally calling it Korean junk and what not, Tiago was seen as a "game-changer" of sorts and even after such incidents it'll still be admired because of the "National" car-maker tag.
Thank you man! I couldn’t have put it in better words.
The mid-level management at TML did not give a damn about my complaints. They have not given one reply until now, how did such defective cars make it to the showroom? What steps are they taking to make sure this does not happen in future?
Tiago was something close to the heart because of the homegrown ‘Made in India’ tag. It still looks great on paper- no other car in its segment can beat the specs. I only hope they pull up their socks to give their competition a good fight.
Meanwhile, if you are a person with an eye for details and do not like to live with niggles, you should definitely consider Hyundai cars!
Prashanth_mys is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks