Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2016, 23:57   #1996

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Dear All, today I got the delivery of Polar White Elite i20 Asta (O) VTVT with 6 airbags. My first drive was amazing and I love the performance of projector headlamps & DRL's. My sincere thanks to all the forum members for their valuable input which made me to go with Elite. Earlier I had a Santro for 10 years and to be honest, not even a single day it had troubled me. Kudos to Santro.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20161209_1852132.jpg  

sunildn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 12:14   #1997
BHPian

Got delivery of the Elite i20 Asta (o) petrol 6AB model yesterday. It will be joining my GT TSI and will be primarily used by my dad and wife for city commutes and occasional highways to my native. Was not really favorable towards hyundai before, but pretty impressed with the ride home post delivery. Will take it for a spin on one of my highway trips to explore it more. Promptly subscribing to this thread. Few pictures for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20161216_15_09_36_pro.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20161216_15_09_27_pro.jpg  

drpudhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 14:44   #1998
BHPian

Hi, i have a doubt. Recently bought elite i20, the newer one with 6 air bags. The nav system doesnot show the map SD card slot as seen in the previous versions. I'm not sure if it still houses the SD card or have they moved to an in built memory ? Can any new users throw some light.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20161812143821.jpeg  

Old 18th December 2016, 15:18   #1999
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi, i have a doubt. Recently bought elite i20, the newer one with 6 air bags. The nav system doesnot show the map SD card slot as seen in the previous versions. I'm not sure if it still houses the SD card or have they moved to an in built memory ? Can any new users throw some light.
Doc, can you not pull that button off? Is it like a dummy button there?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 15:28   #2000
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations, sunildn & drpudhi! So glad to see the Asta(O) variant with 6 airbags becoming a very popular choice!

I hope Hyundai soon replicate this in their models positioned below the i20/Active. I would like the face-lifted Grand i10 & Xcent to come with 6 airbags on their top variants as well. Don't disappoint us, Hyundai!

Last edited by RSR : 18th December 2016 at 15:30.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 15:37   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Doc, can you not pull that button off? Is it like a dummy button there?
Hi ganesh. I tried pulling it out but there was a little too much resistance to my comfort. Didn't want to break something on a brand new car. But, surely the older versions had clearly written "SD MAP" over that dummy button which is now missing.

P.S. Hope you are fine in Chennai. Though i'm glad i left chennai for good after so many years (college + work), was a bit disappointed i missed you by a whisker as you moved in just after i left.
Old 19th December 2016, 17:12   #2002
BHPian

Re: had a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post

I had a few questions
Question 4. Sunfilms are banned, but i do want to go for the UV filter films, are these legal and where can i get a good deal

Most Hyundais have tie up with 3M and they offer a clear film which keeps the cabin cool. You can also walk into the nearest 3M dealer and get it installed. Quoted me about 15k for all 4 windows + windscreen

Question 5. In my swift and i10 i was told the car already comes with underbody treatment done, do i need to get that done again

Got an underbosy coating done from 3M. Again this can also be done from the dealership if they have a tie up or else from the nearest 3M store. I paid 3.9k for underbody coating with 5 years warranty.
Old 24th December 2016, 23:25   #2003
BHPian

Can anyone please tell me how to change the date and time on the Asta (o) AVN,My AVN is suddenly showing the date and time incorrectly and I couldn't find anything to correct it.

As anyone experienced this before and if so how can it be corrected?
Old 25th December 2016, 00:08   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag08 View Post
Can anyone please tell me how to change the date and time on the Asta (o) AVN,My AVN is suddenly showing the date and time incorrectly and I couldn't find anything to correct it.

As anyone experienced this before and if so how can it be corrected?
It's happened with my Active a couple of times, it is linked to the GPS and there's no provision for manually setting the date and time.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 00:14   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
It's happened with my Active a couple of times, it is linked to the GPS and there's no provision for manually setting the date and time.
Thank you for your reply.So does it revert to the correct date and time on its own?How did you solve it?
Old 25th December 2016, 00:16   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag08 View Post
Thank you for your reply.So does it revert to the correct date and time on its own?How did you solve it?
Yes it does, probably you lost signal for an extended period.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 01:29   #2007
BHPian

Guys!

Can anyone confirm the actual fuel tank capacity of the i20? And the distance it goes after giving off the fuel warning?

I have at times filled around 41 liters of fuel with it showing 3 bars on the fuel gauge. The tank capacity on the site is 45 liters. Is it excluding the reserve ?

Hyundai has really lost a few points here by skipping the DTE meter. It makes it harder to calculate the efficiency without knowing exactly how much fuel was consumed.
Old 26th December 2016, 10:03   #2008
vsi
BANNED

Our new family member - Hyundai Elite i20 Stardust Silver:

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-1.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-3.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-4.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-5.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-6.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 26th December 2016 at 17:25. Reason: Correcting image orientation
vsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 10:32   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
I have at times filled around 41 liters of fuel with it showing 3 bars on the fuel gauge. The tank capacity on the site is 45 liters. Is it excluding the reserve ?
, but I have never managed to fill more than 32L with 3 bars remaining. Thats my reminder to visit the fuel up. You may want to visit another gas pump and crosscheck
Old 26th December 2016, 10:34   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
Guys!

Can anyone confirm the actual fuel tank capacity of the i20? And the distance it goes after giving off the fuel warning?

Hyundai has really lost a few points here by skipping the DTE meter. It makes it harder to calculate the efficiency without knowing exactly how much fuel was consumed.
I've filled in 50+ liters with the fuel indicator at the last bar & the low fuel light on. I managed to drive 50+ kms easily with the low fuel light on. I admit that it was stupid of me to drive with the low fuel light on, but it was a desperate situation. Demonetization and no electricity post a cyclone can do that to you.

The tank capacity, as you've correctly mentioned, is 45 liters. But it can take 50 liters easily.

Normally, as per my knowledge, there’s no standard for how big the fuel reserve is, but most of the time it’s about 10-15 percent of the overall size of the tank. So by that logic, 45L + 10% of 45L is close to 50L.

So yes, I'd say 45L is the capacity without the reserve. and 4-5 L is the reserve capacity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks