Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2018, 19:45   #226
BHPian

Re: Audi A3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
I believe now I have finally settled with my purchase of Audi A3 Premium Plus TDI.
Congrats on your new car. Wish you many miles. With regards to the beading I did actually ask the dealer if they could remove it and they said a firm NO. But on a serious note glad your issue got sorted.
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 00:58   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this a real sale on current 2018 manufactured cars or a realization that maybe they shouldn't have hiked the price in April so much? I can understand for the A4 which must be struggling with the wide global media coverage of the incoming 2019 version. But the A3?

Audi offers huge discounts on A3, A4, A6 and Q3
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-and-q3-408471

Audi has rolled out its 'You blink. You lose.' offer, which is valid till the end of June 2018. This limited-period offer gives heavy discounts – ranging from Rs 2.74-9.7 lakh – on Audi sedans and on the entry point of the Q SUV family in India. So it is good news for those of you who have been looking to buy the Audi A3, A4, A6 or the Q3.

The A3, which starts at Rs 33.1 lakh, is now going for Rs 27.99 lakh, a drop of Rs 5.1 lakh. Further up, the A4, which starts at Rs 41.47 lakh, is now priced at Rs 35.99 lakh, a discount of Rs 5.5 lakh.

It is the current A6 that receives the biggest price cut – down from Rs 56.69 lakh to Rs 46.99 lakh, a discount of Rs 9.7 lakh. The eighth-generation A6 is expected to be launched in India in 2019.

The Q3 has the (relatively) smaller price drop, cut from Rs 34.73 lakh to Rs 31.99 lakh, a difference of Rs 2.74 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom).

It's a well-timed price drop, considering the launch of the much-anticipated Volvo XC40 looming large.

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th May 2018 at 01:26.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 18:06   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is this a real sale on current 2018 manufactured cars or a realization that maybe they shouldn't have hiked the price in April so much? I can understand for the A4 which must be struggling with the wide global media coverage of the incoming 2019 version. But the A3?
This is usual way of selling for Audi. While they generally announce such discounts during a specific period of a year, similar deals can be negotiated throughout the year.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th June 2018 at 19:47. Reason: Removing the unwanted hits about whatsapp.
Old 29th July 2018, 13:36   #229
BHPian

Did the second service (30,000 kms) for my A3 TDI. Following works were done.

– Engine oil and oil filter changed.
– Air filter changed.
– Diesel filter changed.
– Cabin/AC filter changed.
– Rear brake pads changed.

A week before servicing the car I faced the following issues:
- Tiny increase of engine vibration and small change in engine sound.
- A burning smell from exhaust.
- ESC/ABS fault warning message appeared twice on MID.

I reported these issues to the Service Advisor. These are the answers I got from the SA and engineer for the above issues.

- Tiny increase of engine vibration and small change in engine sound.
This is normal for A3/Q3. They couldn't find anything abnormal in my car!

- A burning smell from exhaust.
Their answer was there is no abnormal smell coming from exhaust! But the smell was actually present. When I told this to the engineer he denied it and demanded that the exhaust smells normal!

This issue is due to the fault with one or more of the four sensors for ABS. The SA mentioned that many A3 & Q3's are now coming in with this problem since the heavy monsoon started in Kerala. The problem occurs due to moisture and dirt getting accumulated on the sensors. The SA assured to replace the faulty sensor under warranty.

But with my car they were not able to find the faulty sensor since the error is not always present. They cleaned all four sensors and did some simulation to find the faulty sensor but in vain.

They said they need the car with them for an uncertain period (that is till the fault reappears) to find and replace the faulty sensor. But I refused to give the car as I need it in the coming weeks. The SA confirmed to me that there is no safety issue and it's totally safe to use the car now and I can bring back the car if the issue appears again.

Today morning it reappeared. The MID showed two errors.
1. ESC / ABS fault.
2. Hill hold assist unavailable.

It appears for few minutes only and then disappears. It doesn't come when the car is in the workshop. Does any other A3/Q3 owners face similar issues?

Also did wheel alignment and balancing. Attaching the data sheet below. Someone who knows to read and understand the data can please tell me if the numbers are looking good. Thank you.
Audi A3 : Official Review-img_20180729_130731.jpg
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 14:16   #230
BHPian

A question for all A3 owners - have any of you guys had the window sill breaking/coming off after driving over broken patches? I drove the car after a couple months and noticed random squeaks/small rattles along with a broken window sill - nothing alarming, but still enough to set off my OCD Would love to hear from you guys about your experience and if it is normal for a 5-month old A3.

On a different note, been quite happy with the car through a slew of recent road trips across Rajasthan. Coming from driving a V6 Merc in the US, this 4-pot 1.4 TSI is far from disappointing, especially in terms of refinement and drivability. What has really impressed me are the brilliant driving dynamics. Sure, it's no 335i but it is quite a decent handler nonetheless - mind corner bumps through fast, sweeping, bends are handled with easy with little to no body roll. My only personal grouse has been the lack of grunt after 4k rpm and the gearbox still revving the engine beyond that point upon kickdown, other than a lifeless, though wonderfully precise, steering. How I wish Audi offered that sweet 2.0T engine in India. Wondering if it's possible to install any performance upgrades, though I'm not sure if the gearbox (DQ200?) will be a problem with its torque limit.

Last edited by mohaks19 : 14th January 2019 at 14:32.
mohaks19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 13:12   #231
BHPian

My A3 TDI will be 3 years in couple of months and is absolutely rattle free. The car is regularly used. I'm very happy with the build quality of Audi.

Have faced few small electronic/mechanical issues but nothing to rant about. The Varta battery (72AH) that came with the car conked off couple of weeks ago. Replaced it with an Exide 74AH. Also did a detailing job with polymer coating to retain the glamour. The car will be due for its 3rd service in July.

Audi A3 : Official Review-img20190419060046_mix01_mix01min.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
A question for all A3 owners - have any of you guys had the window sill breaking/coming off after driving over broken patches? I drove the car after a couple months and noticed random squeaks/small rattles along with a broken window sill - nothing alarming, but still enough to set off my OCD Would love to hear from you guys about your experience and if it is normal for a 5-month old A3.
I hope the problems with your car are fixed by now and you are a happy owner.
Flyer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:32   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Did the second service (30,000 kms) for my A3 TDI. Following works were done.
Can you share the price of service for the Audi A3? Do you get it serviced in Cochin?
Old 24th April 2019, 03:14   #233
BHPian

Quote:
I hope the problems with your car are fixed by now and you are a happy owner.
Indeed, the problems with the window sill were promptly fixed by the service center. Yet, I ended up facing another issue within just 6 months of purchase, albeit not related to the car itself.

While I've been in New York, my mother has been using the car as her daily driver and incidentally, a moron ended up rear ending our car (parked outside an associate's place) while casually reversing his WagonR (CCTV screenshot attached below).

Audi A3 : Official Review-screen-shot-20190423-5.32.17-pm.png

Audi A3 : Official Review-img_6253.jpeg

The culprit was eventually nabbed, but apparently neither did the guy have insurance on his own vehicle (which ended up being seized by the cops), nor did he have the resources to cover the expenses. Ultimately, we decided to bear the capital loss and move on. Issues like these really make you reflect upon the pathetic state of affairs in this country, particularly pertaining to the legal and policing institutions as well as nonchalance towards learning general driving ettiequte.

Rest assured, the car has been serving reliably and must say, I've been quite impressed with the build quality and comfort/ease of mind offered. This car was never purchased to be chauffeur driver or seat four people and it gets the job done just right.

Last edited by mohaks19 : 24th April 2019 at 03:24.
mohaks19 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 12:01   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Can you share the price of service for the Audi A3? Do you get it serviced in Cochin?
The regular servicing will cost near to 30k. I did the first and second servicing at Cochin. I'm planning to do the next one at their newly opened service centre in Trivandrum as its closer to home.
Old 25th April 2019, 22:02   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
While I've been in New York, my mother has been using the car as her daily driver and incidentally, a moron ended up rear ending our car (parked outside an associate's place) while casually reversing his WagonR (CCTV screenshot attached below).
Sorry to hear this. Did you manage to have the bumper heat-treated and pulled out? Is there any internal damage to the mounting points?

I suffered a similar incident in my Cruze and was forced to have the repair done by Chevy A.S.S. only, as the complex bumper mounting clamps were exclusively available with them.
Old 25th April 2019, 23:21   #236
BHPian

Audi A3 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sorry to hear this. Did you manage to have the bumper heat-treated and pulled out? Is there any internal damage to the mounting points?

I suffered a similar incident in my Cruze and was forced to have the repair done by Chevy A.S.S. only, as the complex bumper mounting clamps were exclusively available with them.

The internal clamps were indeed damaged (as can be seen from the misaligned bumper in the attached photo), alongside the left parking sensors and the taillight housing. With all this, even importing the parts myself would have nonetheless resulted in a FAT bill, not to mention the unnecessary headache and difference in paint quality (and possible warranty issues with Audi, besides the fact that I do not trust aftermarket mechanics in Jaipur to work on a new Audi). Hence, decided to claim insurance and get it repaired at Audi ASS.
mohaks19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 13:04   #237
BHPian

Audi A3 - TPMS Warning

I have Audi A3 which has completed around 19,000 kms and there was TPMS malfuntion warning; not specific to any single tyre.

This has happened twice in last one month and the error disappears if I stop, switch off/on ignition.

Any suggestions on this issue, I wanted to hear out from experienced members before I take it to Audi service
smack_himanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 17:04   #238
BHPian

Re: Audi A3 - TPMS Warning

I had similar issues but on my Vento, it would display EPC warnings but they would disappear on switch off/on ignition.

The service dealer asked me to ignore (as it goes off) and drive, as I also had my servicing due in a few weeks by then (I think). They had to perform a software reset/re-install during the servicing and it was all fine.

But, I would strongly advise in checking with the authorised service centre.
mpp19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 21:07   #239
BHPian

Quote:
This issue is due to the fault with one or more of the four sensors for ABS. The SA mentioned that many A3 & Q3's are now coming in with this problem since the heavy monsoon started in Kerala. The problem occurs due to moisture and dirt getting accumulated on the sensors. The SA assured to replace the faulty sensor under warranty.

But with my car they were not able to find the faulty sensor since the error is not always present. They cleaned all four sensors and did some simulation to find the faulty sensor but in vain.
An update regarding the ESC/ABS problem.

So after some days the ESC/ABS error message had gone. It didn't appear again and I had my piece of mind. Fast forward to May 2019, the same error appeared again, only this time it wasn't intermittent. I couldn't visit the service center immediately due to some other commitments. And then as I was driving the car at around 40kmph the car suddenly applied the brakes by itself for a second giving me the shock of my life. I immediately pulled over and called my friend who works in Audi and explained the event. He said its because of the faulty ABS sensor. It's giving faulty signals to the car's brake assist system causing the unintended braking. He advised me to drive the car to the service center with caution, maintaining a safe and slow speed. This unintended braking could have landed me in a dangerous situation if I was doing higher speeds.

After inspection at the service center the technicians found out the faulty ABS sensor and I was told they will replace it for me under warranty. The price for one sensor comes to around 15k rupees. The car is still at the service center as I'm writing this post.
Old 19th May 2019, 21:33   #240
BHPian

Quote:
After inspection at the service center the technicians found out the faulty ABS sensor and I was told they will replace it for me under warranty. The price for one sensor comes to around 15k rupees. The car is still at the service center as I'm writing this post.
The ABS Sensor is a common issue among VAG cars in India.

On my Vento, I have replaced a total of 4 ABS Sensors in 6 years, twice under warranty, and twice it costed me Rs.5000 each. One or the other sensor stops working every now and then and hence replacing the sensor is part of my periodic maintenance schedule

The fact is that VW has put a wheel speed sensor for detecting the speed of each wheel to detect any slippage and then activate the ABS, this sensor gets exposed to dirt and water and goes bad. Sometimes, it is possible to clean it and it works. But I have also noticed that, a faulty sensor on my car, gave a false warning to the engine speed sensor, which confused the computers and the engine started knocking and behaving abnormally. After restarting the car, the problem persisted, but then after sometime the ABS light started showing up on the dashboard, and then the car was fine again. The problem was there everytime the ABS light was not glowing, hence atleast for some time, I always wanted the ABS light to glow
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks