Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2014, 11:06   #1426
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Great!

Yeah I noticed that grey Zest too. Primarily because of it's wheel almost at right lock. The Zest most certainly has a totally new suspension setup (design). The wheels certainly look a bit weird when turned due to that. In-fact, the grey Zest reminded me of how my car looked after an accident where I ditched into a 6 ft pit, jumped out and landed back on earth . Looked almost identical!

Its a bit of a surprise that the old Dicor truck still sells. See new Dicors often here in Pune too. So the cult followers stick with the trusted beast instead of the newer and better Storme. Given that the Storme isn't selling in really higher numbers compared to the Dicor, one may say that TML's decision to continue with the Dicor is justified!
Actually it looks like the tryes turn more to expose more of the wheel Arches, but when I compared with other cars the degree of turn seems to be the same.

DICOR is one Good product from Tata's Stallion and suits the saying "OLD is GOLD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
JB - Congrats and wish you many happy miles. Even I did pdi yesterday and Vin series is ELN, hopefully it would be Nov mfg car. Have you completed all the banking formalities and is full payment completed.
I confirmed it with Prerana Motors. The Car allotted to me was the first November Manufactured car to be delivered in Karnataka. But not sure if the ELN decodes to NOV 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Confirmed with the Tata guys: All variants of the Zest now get alloy wheels of just one design - 18-spoke.
Yes. That seems to be the case. And also lot of changes are expected in the Features assigned to the different variants (XE, XM, XMS & XT) starting from January which includes a price increase in the order of roughly 2 - 3 %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
There is a group called Tata Zest Owners Group on FB and very positive comments. I read someone has even stated he is getting around 18.6Km Fe on the Petrol which is awesome.

Well I hope to see someone who puts up an ownership report soon!
Yes, I am also part of it. Have been seeing lot of good reviews on it.

Quote:
Hi Bhpians,

During PDI I observed that Revotron was getting heated and bonnet was hot even though the engine was on for few minutes. I would like to know if this is normal with Turbo charged engine or is there any fault in the car that is allotted to me, so I can request for another car before full payment is done. Current Revotron owners can throw some light on thermal issue and anybody facing the same. Thanks.
In my XT QJT also I sense the heat coming off the Bonnet area to be high whereas the Temperature gauge doesn't show anything alarming. If I am not wrong, this time around the outside temperature is low and hence we might perceive the heat coming off the engine area to be higher but in reality it might not be so. The best time to check it might be under a hot sun where the outside temperature will also be high.

Yipee! I have taken the delivery of my XT QJT on Saturday

The entire process was hassle free. Prerana Motors did a fantastic Job, Hats off to the guys! They did not hurry through anything and patiently attended to all my requests. Took my car for a drive to Chennai over the weekend and came back! The drive was awesome! People felt much more comfortable in Zest than they did on my Vista and also gave a verdict the space at the back seat was HUGE! For the whole Trip I Got an FE of 18.2(which also includes the city driving in Chennai in very heavy traffic; 22 on the highway alone since I kept the speed below 90). Will be posting an ownership review and will provide more details on that. For now Feast your eyes on the pics of my SOFTIE
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141206_12_55_30_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141206_12_55_57_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141207_09_52_51_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141207_09_53_30_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141207_09_52_25_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141207_09_52_07_pro.jpg  

Last edited by jasonbourne : 9th December 2014 at 11:09.
jasonbourne is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 14:25   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
I confirmed it with Prerana Motors. The Car allotted to me was the first November Manufactured car to be delivered in Karnataka. But not sure if the ELN decodes to NOV 2014.
I remember seeing someone post about the new VIN series for Zest and how to decode in the Zest Owners Group on FB.

Quote:
Yes. That seems to be the case. And also lot of changes are expected in the Features assigned to the different variants (XE, XM, XMS & XT) starting from January which includes a price increase in the order of roughly 2 - 3 %.
Any idea if the feature changes are upgrade/downgrade to current features?

Quote:
Congratulations JB on your new ride. Have fun.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 14:46   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I remember seeing someone post about the new VIN series for Zest and how to decode in the Zest Owners Group on FB.

Congratulations JB on your new ride. Have fun.
Thank you. The Nomenclature for the year remains the same. Only the ones for month got changed a little. Here you go.

A - JAN
C - FEB
D - MAR
E - APR
F - MAY
G - JUN
H - JUL
J - AUG
K - SEPT
M - OCT
N - NOV
O - DEC

I got this from the Zest owner's group in FB posted by a person working in Tata Motors Jamshedpur.

The change in features expected are related to the alloy wheels, navigation in HU, etc.. they were not even sure about the complete list.

Also found this AD clipping in FB. The Silver AMC Free offer expires by Dec 31st.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-1479346_1533288406909319_8753000632934744962_n.jpg  

Last edited by jasonbourne : 9th December 2014 at 14:50.
jasonbourne is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 15:02   #1429
BHPian

If my experience with my Club Class Manza is of anything to go by then I, would put my neck out and say you are going to enjoy this babe!

Many CONGRATULATIONS and wishing you happy smiles and miles!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 15:26   #1430
BHPian

Hi JB,

My hearty congratulations and wishing you a fuss free ownership.

Please let me know from where did you get the seat covers from ? are they Art leather and taken from dealer/outside and how much did you pay for it ?

Also, tell us what all accessories taken from dealer or outside ?

Last edited by Atif : 9th December 2014 at 15:29.
Atif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 16:29   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
If my experience with my Club Class Manza is of anything to go by then I, would put my neck out and say you are going to enjoy this babe!

Many CONGRATULATIONS and wishing you happy smiles and miles!
Indeed. My Cousin owns a Manza and mine was Vista. We bought our cars at the same time. Experienced both the cars. In comparison Manza was a class apart. But with Zest Tata, has again upped the Ante!

Quote:
Hi JB,

My hearty congratulations and wishing you a fuss free ownership.

Please let me know from where did you get the seat covers from ? are they Art leather and taken from dealer/outside and how much did you pay for it ?

Also, tell us what all accessories taken from dealer or outside ?
Thank you Atif. The Seat covers are indeed Art Leathers but of Excellent Quality for that Price. I got it done from a shop called "The Car Shop" on the Lalbagh Fort Road before the Minerva Circle. I have PMed you his number.

From the Dealer I took only the standard accessories for Rs. 2000. Zest Carpet Mats, Mud Flaps, Perfume and an Idol.

I took the Car Seat Covers and the entire floor mat done outside. Together they cost me 7K. The Floor mat was of better quality and hence it cost me more. I ordered for a Genuine Leather Steering cover. He said he will get the material and give me a call for fitting it. It is again a custom tight fit without removing the steering wheel.

Floor Mat Installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141206_16_29_51_pro.jpg  

Last edited by jasonbourne : 9th December 2014 at 16:47.
jasonbourne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 17:24   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats JB, the Zest looks cool in its blue
The seat covers look elegant too.

I'm fence-sitting to make the purchase right now and benefit from the 333 offer or wait for Jan/Feb for a new model.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 18:07   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post

Hope TM does not follow a Ford Ecosport and downgrade features in their upcoming revision.
Old 9th December 2014, 18:22   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Congrats JB, the Zest looks cool in its blue
The seat covers look elegant too.

I'm fence-sitting to make the purchase right now and benefit from the 333 offer or wait for Jan/Feb for a new model.
Thank you Balaji. Credit goes to the Home Minister for design inputs. There are Pros and Cons for buying the Zest now.

Pros:
  1. You get the Silver AMC free
  2. Price is lower now. For sure it is going to increase in Jan or Feb
  3. The 2015 Manufactured Vehicles will only be available from March 2015
  4. If you buy the car in Jan or Feb, you will still buy a 2014 Manufactured car but without the price advantage, without the Silver AMC and without some features

Cons:
  1. If you buy the Car in March 2015, you get 2015 manufactured car
  2. Depreciation is lesser

So my Humble Opinion will be to book it now.
Old 9th December 2014, 20:01   #1435
BHPian

Could anyone tell what exactly is the silver amc?.. and how does the gold amc differ from the silver amc?..
Old 9th December 2014, 23:23   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post
Could anyone tell what exactly is the silver amc?.. and how does the gold amc differ from the silver amc?..
Silver care:
Value care Silver covers your regular scheduled service maintenance and replacement of service parts. You need not worry about the regular checks with the Silver value care.

Scheduled maintenance services – labour, parts & consumables.

Check out this page:
http://service.tatamotors.com/content/value-care
Old 10th December 2014, 12:09   #1437
BHPian

Zest's Nov'14 sales stands at 3835 units. It is an increase over the past couple of months and betters sales of Honda's Amaze (3310), but is just a shade behind Hyundai's Xcent (3899). Though segment leader Maruti Suzuki's Dzire, is still in a league of its own, with 14009 units sold.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:23   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Zest's Nov'14 sales stands at 3835 units. It is an increase over the past couple of months and betters sales of Honda's Amaze (3310), but is just a shade behind Hyundai's Xcent (3899). Though segment leader Maruti Suzuki's Dzire, is still in a league of its own, with 14009 units sold.
I have still to understand what people find in the Dzire! The car is disaster from all angles and still people buy it left right & centre! What a rip off!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 13:29   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
I have still to understand what people find in the Dzire! The car is disaster from all angles and still people buy it left right & centre! What a rip off!
I had a conversation with one of the drivers when I was attending a function in Chennai about the Dzire and Zest! I would quote what he said word by word.

"சார் அதென்ன car (Tata Zest) இதென்ன car (Dzire). Maruthi மாதிரி வருமா? என்னதான் இருதாலும் அது ஒரு Tata Car தானே?"

Means - Whatever Said it is still a Tata Car!

Just because of this Brand image maruthi leads the sales even after Zest out classing Dzire in each and every section! The only way it can change is if tata stays consistent in the Customer Service section. They are on the right path now. Just need to carry on doing the good job. Things will fall in place!
jasonbourne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 14:22   #1440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey congratulations on the new ride. Wishing you and your family unlimited safe and happy miles!

The opportunity to be the first to post an ownership report is still open I think .

By the way what took 4 hours?? If it was smooth, it should have been over within an hour! Or you reached the showroom 3 hours before scheduled time?
The Process took 2 hours and waited 2 hours for driver. I recently learned driving and didn't want to take a chance with my new Zest in peak traffic (went back home around 6PM)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks