Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2014, 12:37   #1096
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vauto_fan View Post
Brakes are effective. Being a non ABS user felt car is coming to halt on slight press of brakes. People who are used to ABS may have a better idea on how good ABS is on Zest.
Actually the ABS won't have a direct impact on the brake performance in normal use. It kicks in on aggressive/emergency braking situations where the system senses wheels locking and skidding resulting in loss of steering control. Brakes get released for tiny durations at that time.
I think the good braking you experience may be a result of better servoed/boosted setup or more so if your previous car had normal drum brakes and not discs.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 13:10   #1097
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hi friends, can anyone suggest a decent Tata showroom in Delhi? I am willing to buy a Zest but not sure which showroom to contact as I am in Bangalore and the new car will serve my parents.
I would recommend Concorde Motors in South Extension.
I had very good experiences there when I went for test drives and got good deals from them as well.
Old 19th October 2014, 13:10   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends, can anyone suggest a decent Tata showroom in Delhi? I am willing to buy a Zest but not sure which showroom to contact as I am in Bangalore and the new car will serve my parents.
Buy it from any dealer close to your parents place. More than the dealer its the nearest service center that will matter more.
Old 19th October 2014, 13:46   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Interesting, my iPhone4 & Nokia C2-01 (Symbian) both work flawlessly - phonebook & call logs.
I reset the Harman sytem and now call logs and phone book working for symbian , I will check the same for Andriod and will update.

Quote:
Amusing how some onlookers react to my Zest
  • First they glance at it from front curiously
  • Then give it an admiring stare
  • Then walk to the rear & check what car / model it is
  • Visible surprise
Cool , Yesterday I was in Mathura (180 kms from Delhi) and one person on bike stopped me by trying to overtake me @ 65 km/hr. I thought and a bit worried about the matter and then he started ample of questions about zest and I was surprised the way he stopped me. Then he said it's the Zest only that he is going to buy. So I booked a car virtually for TATA There are other peoples as well near ISKON who enquired about the car and fear factor is one was commercial driver

Quote:
Any dealer, please keep in mind the proximity from your residence. I like AutoVikas and took the delivery from there. So far experience is good. Staff is always ready to help however some lack of knowledge was evident (to some extent only), with more deliveries I think they will be fully equipped to answer all queries.
thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 14:14   #1100
BHPian

I had booked my car (diesel XT) during launch in August. Last week I was told that the car is in transport and i should be getting it in 10-12 days and need to come over and make my payments.

Anyways on Thursday I visited the showroom (KB motors Kolkata) for these formalities. I was asking about any discount or freebies available and the SA told me that I will be getting a welcome kit which is a combination of some accessories. This is a new offer tata motors is giving to customers working in any tata company. There are 6 options available; I choose the utility pack which comprised of a car cover, rubber mat, mud flaps and mobile holder.

Also to my surprise, the SA said that I take the insurance on my own. I promptly did and saved 4k compared to what KB motors was quoting.

Is this is new trend, that dealers are allowing customers to choose their insurance or tata motors really wants to build customer trust?
Sabyasworld is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 14:22   #1101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
3 years Maintenance, Road assistance, warranty
Peace of mind with zero scheduled maintenance cost up to 45,000 kms/ 3 years, whichever comes earlier
Does the above Maintenance plan comes under extra payment of around 8K or is it free of cost?
Also, regarding the extended warranty, Is it a manufacturer warranty or the dealer warranty?

When my brother-in-law called Tata for clarification, they are asking to contact dealer and dealer is not giving much information on this. Hence thought of getting some information here from owners or people awaiting delivery.
Old 19th October 2014, 17:18   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I would recommend Concorde Motors in South Extension.
I had very good experiences there when I went for test drives and got good deals from them as well.
Contacted them, thank you for the tip, talked to an SA and really liked the experience.

Quote:
Buy it from any dealer close to your parents place. More than the dealer its the nearest service center that will matter more.
The reason I wanted to buy from Delhi is that my parents have a Delhi registered Baleno and I wanted to exchange it for the new car, but Concorde Delhi have quoted Ra.60k for my 2006 Baleno LXi with 1L on odo, which is not acceptable and decided to keep it as of now. Contacted Nawal Motors, Mathura- my parents' place and Mr. Vijay Chaudhary there was helpful in letting me know tge details, have asked for a detailed quote on mail, and details of finance options.

A question for you sir, and for others, why do they keep pressing for booking to be done at dealer and not online? The SA says that it would be easier for them if we book through them, to track the car and to try for an earlier delivery.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 21:04   #1103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of Buzz Blue XMA today from K H T Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore. There was a mega delivery drive which happened there, atleast 10-12 ZEST's were delivered today. Most of them are mid variants, I could spot many XM's, couple of XMS and XMA in Red, Biege, Sky Grey, Buzz Blue, Silver...
Congrats on the new car. Would have loved to see the pics of all colors!

Quote:
....5. ABS works well ( I am used to non ABS, so had tough time with sudden brake in initial drive back to home)...
Quote:
Brakes are effective. Being a non ABS user felt car is coming to halt on slight press of brakes. People who are used to ABS may have a better idea on how good ABS is on Zest.
I doubt this is the ABS working. When ABS deploys, you will feel a pulsating / vibration effect on the brake pedal. This (your case) is more to do with the brake bite I guess. And ABS will kick in under hard braking; if you were soft on the pedal, it's definitely NOT ABS.

Quote:
....4. Once above 40-50 car picks up well, but being XMA coming from manual background would need some time to get right feel....
Usually, for a smooth drive in an Auto, make sure you "build" speed and NOT stomp down the pedal as in a manual.

Quote:
...A question for you sir, and for others, why do they keep pressing for booking to be done at dealer and not online? The SA says that it would be easier for them if we book through them, to track the car and to try for an earlier delivery.
Two reasons I can think of;

1. They can play around with the booking which are made to them - like prioritizing someone else's at your cost.

2. Hard cash at their disposal which can earn them interest.

When you make an online booking, both these advantages (of dealers) are lost.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th October 2014 at 21:06.
Old 19th October 2014, 21:45   #1104
BHPian

Any information on the launch of Bolt?
Earlier reports suggested October 2014, but I read in one website that it will be in February 2015. I am not sure whether Feb 2015 is launch date or delivery start date.
Old 19th October 2014, 22:04   #1105

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurimproveous View Post
Congrats on the new car. Would have loved to see the pics of all colors!

I doubt this is the ABS working. When ABS deploys, you will feel a pulsating / vibration effect on the brake pedal. This (your case) is more to do with the brake bite I guess. And ABS will kick in under hard braking; if you were soft on the pedal, it's definitely NOT ABS.

Usually, for a smooth drive in an Auto, make sure you "build" speed and NOT stomp down the pedal as in a manual.ooking,.
Thank You. I could not get all colors in single frame, but you can see bits and pieces of 5 colors across pictures I uploaded.

Yes you are right on ABS it is initial brake bites for me.

Definitely will improve on speed build up. I have driven regular torque based automatics, I meant to say AMT behavior of computer controlled gear change is felt
Old 19th October 2014, 22:56   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
Any information on the launch of Bolt?
Earlier reports suggested October 2014, but I read in one website that it will be in February 2015. I am not sure whether Feb 2015 is launch date or delivery start date.
Launch date could be close. Tata Motors official site has already listed Bolt in their hatchbacks list and the dedicated site also seems to be up and running, though behind the curtain. So they are ready for the launch, though it remains to be seen how their experts decide the best launch date would be. Since Zest is already launched, they can afford to wait a couple of months and launch in 2015 model year for the Bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Two reasons I can think of;

1. They can play around with the booking which are made to them - like prioritizing someone else's at your cost.

2. Hard cash at their disposal which can earn them interest.

When you make an online booking, both these advantages (of dealers) are lost.
If we go with online booking, I assume we would know which car is sent in our name from the factory. In case we do a PDI and is not satisfied with results, would the dealer make a fuss citing that the car was shipped in your name from the factory and cannot be given to someone else or something on those lines? Would we be forced to take it irrespective of how it is?

Last edited by zenren : 19th October 2014 at 23:08.
Old 20th October 2014, 08:20   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Does the above Maintenance plan comes under extra payment of around 8K or is it free of cost?
Also, regarding the extended warranty, Is it a manufacturer warranty or the dealer warranty?

When my brother-in-law called Tata for clarification, they are asking to contact dealer and dealer is not giving much information on this. Hence thought of getting some information here from owners or people awaiting delivery.
The standard AMC includes 3 years/45000 km including the cost of consumables as per maintenance schedule. This is provided at no extra cost. This is known as AMC Silver in Tata-speak.

At the same time, warranty is for 3 years/ 1 lakh km.

Another AMC , known as AMC Gold, is being provided at an extra cost of Rs. 8200. This includes worn out parts ( excluding tyres and such). This is valid for up to 3 years/45000 km.

An extended warranty for the fourth year/ up to 1.5 lakh km is provided for at an extra cost of Rs.8000.

Quote:
XMA has ABS, yes It doesnot have airbags
XMS has a price difference of about about Rs.16000 over XM which is ABS with EBD and CSC equipped. What is stopping Tata from launching airbag equipped XMA with slight increase in price?

Last edited by Stratos : 20th October 2014 at 09:01.
simplyself is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 08:46   #1108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
XMS has a price difference of about about Rs.16000 over XM which is ABS with EBD and CSC equipped. What is stopping Tata from launching airbag equipped XMA with slight increase in price?
couldn't agree more. I feel the variant will come sooner or later given the obvious customer feedback and demand. Certainly makes a good sense. Perhaps they are waiting to launch it on 25 December with the variant name "X-MAS" :-D.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 09:07   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psankar View Post
Any idea if the AMT model with safety pack will be out anytime soon ? I remember TATA telling that based on the demand, they may introduce the Automatic model with the safety pack (ABS and Airbags)
Going by the spy shots of the petrol AMT, it is again XMA variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
All those who purchased XMA and would have wanted airbags too please pass on the feedback directly to Tata Motors. If they realize that a good fraction of their current clientele would have preferred airbags too in their AMT, that is probably a better incentive for them to update the XMA spec with airbags down the line or at least introduce XTA variant than the reviews and comparison charts published by the experts.

Your feedback should be probably much more effective than arm-chair pundits like me commenting or lamenting the lack of a diesel AMT with airbags since you guys actually purchased their car and they should take initial feedback seriously as an indicator of the changing consumer preferences if they are planning to turn around their fortunes.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 10:17   #1110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
....If we go with online booking, I assume we would know which car is sent in our name from the factory. In case we do a PDI and is not satisfied with results, would the dealer make a fuss citing that the car was shipped in your name from the factory and cannot be given to someone else or something on those lines? Would we be forced to take it irrespective of how it is?
That's why we shouldn't make the full payment till we sign off the PDI. We pay for an undamaged car and that's anyone's right. Deny taking delivery or sign any dotted lines if you are not happy. Take enough pictures of the damage as well to prove your point.

To put a word to the SA would be nice before. But an online booking with the company will be easier to deal with than dealership bookings I feel

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th October 2014 at 10:19. Reason: Typo
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks