Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 00:32   #1636
BHPian

Why is every buyer here so cynical? Is it because its a Tata? Man, every car here and there will throw up a few niggles, be it a Tata, a Honda or a VW. No need to get so paranoid just because its Tata. As I understand, their quality checks are good enough. In spite of that, be at the manufacturer or dealer level, a few odd chinks might crop up. For that to be taken care of is what you have your warranties and amcs for, right?
Every buyer on this forum seems like being on a 'Spot the fault in your Rest' contest. Whoever plans to buy this car, as a satisfied owner, I would say, don't worry!
Its a great value buy. I have bought it, at 6k km now. For a 6-8 lac car, its unbeatable VFM. I can vouch for that. Buy it, you won't regret it. Just be realistic, that's all, don't expect Tata to offer you a Jaguar for this kind of money.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Also please take proper care while typing (examples - thats/dont)

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th January 2015 at 18:25.
mobydick1983 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 17:19   #1637
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

I just woke up to an extremely upsetting news, that both my ORVMs have been ripped out along with the whole bracket by someone in the night near our home, which has further resulted in scratches and small dents on both doors as well.

I was expecting it to be a huge bill (around 5k each) and was already looking for some other "jugaad" however when I enquired from TATA the mirrors are quite decently priced. The entire assembly is 1900 each, and then they charge 1500 for painting the pair. I guess there is some advantage in TATA after all!

However, there is no point getting one installed till I can find a solution to this thieving menace, or else, this can happen again. Are there any ways to prevent the ORVMs from getting stolen? Please help
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 17:22   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Are there any ways to prevent the ORVMs from getting stolen? Please help
You can install a spy cam on temp basis inside the car, facing outwards which, can record any movement around the car to catch the culprit.
Old 9th January 2015, 17:24   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
I just woke up to an extremely upsetting news, that both my ORVMs have been ripped out along with the whole bracket by someone in the night near our home, which has further resulted in scratches and small dents on both doors as well.

However, there is no point getting one installed till I can find a solution to this thieving menace, or else, this can happen again. Are there any ways to prevent the ORVMs from getting stolen? Please help

Well, it used to happen to high end cars, since in Delhi practically every car is parked outside, it's easy money for these thieves, these mirrors would end up in the spare part market at Daryaganj or at Sotiganj in Meerut.
There's nothing really one can do to stop this, except to maybe park at a safer location or put a car cover at night.
Old 9th January 2015, 17:38   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post
Why is every buyer here so cynical? Is it because its a Tata?.. Man, every car here and there will throw up a few niggles, be it a Tata, a Honda or a VW.. No need to get so paranoid just because its Tata.. As I understand, their quality checks are good enough.. In spite of that, be at the manufacturer or dealer level, a few odd chinks might crop up.. For that to be taken care of is what you have your warranties and amc's for, right?.. Every buyer on this forum seems like being on a 'Spot the fault in your Rest' contest.. Whoever plans to buy this car, as a satisfied owner, I would say, dont worry!
.. Its a great value buy.. I have bought it, at 6k kms now.. For a 6-8 lac car, its unbeatable VFM.. I can vouch for that.. Buy it, you won't regret it.. Just be realistic, thats all, dont expect Tata to offer you a Jaguar for this kind of money..

The 'cynicism' stems from the fact that the earlier models of Tata have been quite a pain in the back in terms of reliability. My family owns an Indigo and I can't even recollect the number of times the car broke down due to faulty electricals / blown fuses etc and it was harrowing each time. Even after several visits to the service station, the car never felt 'tight' to drive. There would be some occasional noise popping out time and again, the lights would dim out suddenly, the rpm would rise erratically.. the niggles just don't end.

And now since Tata is struggling so much to regain the lost market share, offering an AMC as standard package would be a good USP for the buyers. The Zest is a brilliant car, no doubt about it, but Tata needs to go that extra yard (even after the fantastic pricing of the car) so that the prospective buyers feel some amount of confidence in the product.

I am equally aware that the Japanese and Germans also throw up reliability issues, but Tata has a not so good reputation amongst private buyers and hence they will have to go that extra mile.
Old 9th January 2015, 21:59   #1641

Thanks Admins for approving my membership to Team-BHP. Have been an avid follower of the forum which in fact helped me to home onto the Zest XT RT. Booked the vehicle on 27 Nov and took delivery on 26 Dec. Tejaswi Motors- Hyderabad was very responsive and also gave me good deals on the insurance and accessories.

All I can say is that I am loving the car especially on the horrible Hyderabad roads and traffic.
Old 9th January 2015, 23:02   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Are there any ways to prevent the ORVMs from getting stolen? Please help
You can inquire with your dealer or local accessories guy about mirror locks. I have heard that they are to prevent the ORVMs from getting stolen.
Old 9th January 2015, 23:07   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Saab View Post
Thanks Admins for approving my membership to Team-BHP. Have been an avid follower of the forum which in fact helped me to home onto the Zest XT RT. Booked the vehicle on 27 Nov and took delivery on 26 Dec. Tejaswi Motors- Hyderabad was very responsive and also gave me good deals on the insurance and accessories.

All I can say is that I am loving the car especially on the horrible Hyderabad roads and traffic.
Congrats on the new ride! Put up an onwnership review here. I will be getting my Diesel XT tomorrow. Unable to sleep.
Old 10th January 2015, 06:10   #1644
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Congrats on the new ride! Put up an onwnership review here. I will be getting my Diesel XT tomorrow. Unable to sleep.
Congratulations to both of you for your Tata Zest's. It's an amazing vehicle. Wishing you many happy and safe miles. There are so many Zest owners on Teambhp but very few ownership report. Cmon guys start your ownership thread.
HappyRoadie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 15:14   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Congratulations and here's wishing a long and happy ownership to you two.

Quite happy to see many petrol Zests coming on board too. Has Tata finally cracked the Petrol code? Let's see if the Bolt, priced lower, will carry this trend.

Last edited by safari_lover : 10th January 2015 at 15:15.
Old 10th January 2015, 17:42   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post
Every buyer on this forum seems like being on a 'Spot the fault in your Rest' contest. Whoever plans to buy this car, as a satisfied owner, I would say, don't worry!
Its a great value buy. I have bought it, at 6k km now. For a 6-8 lac car, its unbeatable VFM. I can vouch for that. Buy it, you won't regret it. Just be realistic, that's all, don't expect Tata to offer you a Jaguar for this kind of money.
I am not surprised by the bashing. i have seen this and most don't even own a Tata Vehicle. If you push, one would hear my friend had one and struggled or whatever.

It is typical snob value which comes into play.

Nobody make a honest car the way Tata does. How much steel do you get (weight of car) for the money you pay is a simple way to judge this aspect. Another aspect is features to money being paid. Should a Suzuki or Honda give you all the features that Tata does they would charge you atleast 200K additional

Simply put there is no car like the Zest in the Market! That's actually a fact but people will struggle to admit and will come out with so many excuses not to buy. I can safely say that should Tata Badge this as a Eco Model of the Jaguar it would sell in tens and thousands so to speak!

We love to pull our country down and i doubt if this will change!

However, the bright side is that Tata still will make the others improve and that's all because of an Indian company!!!!

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2015 at 14:33. Reason: Please do NOT bring nationalities into this. And keep your posts civil. This is way out of line
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 20:51   #1647
BHPian

The Zest is the best in its segment and so would be the Bolt. People will take some time to accept this, you are right. Meanwhile, we people will continue evaluating the product by its merits and to invest our hard earned money on the better product.
I bought an XMA for my parents and my friend got his RT XMS's delivery today itself. This guys didn't even bother to TD the likes of Polos and i20s after driving the Zest and getting to know the price list. This car is a beauty. No arguments.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2015 at 14:33. Reason: Quoted post edited, thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 22:45   #1648
BHPian

Got the delivery of my Diesel XT today . Pics and initial ownership review coming up in a week's time. For now, I am enjoying the car and trying to get comfortable with it.
Old 10th January 2015, 22:58   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Got the delivery of my Diesel XT today . Pics and initial ownership review coming up in a week's time. For now, I am enjoying the car and trying to get comfortable with it.
Congrats on your acquisition.

A week's wait is justified only for detailed writeup and photoshoot
For now, a few pics and an initial impression report is must esp. about the engine's performance since diesel engine is like a stepson for Tata in Zest and Bolt with hardly any reports about it
Old 10th January 2015, 23:02   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Congrats on your acquisition.

A week's wait is justified only for detailed writeup and photoshoot
For now, a few pics and an initial impression report is must esp. about the engine's performance since diesel engine is like a stepson for Tata in Zest and Bolt with hardly any reports about it
Agreed bro, but give me time until I check the capabilities of the engine completely, else it would be unfair to give an opinion. I had to drive in peak weekend traffic to reach the temple, and then home and could barely stay in 5th gear for 5 mins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks