Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 19:12   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I knew my decision would make a few go .

My Innova ( damaged and repaired in the 1st year, due to driver falling asleep on wheel) has a weird knocking in the 1st gear, which Toyota ASS hasn't been able to rectify even after 20 services. My go-to- mechanic points it out to the engine block being misaligned on the chassis.
Now I know the real itch behind getting rid of your Innova. It is indeed sad that your local Toyota service centre is not able to fix it. But why don't you try another service centre?

Quote:
The Bench seat, is very wide and comfortable to sit on, but sitting behind the driver on bumpy roads, surely makes me queasy. I have to hold on to the handlebar above the window, to stop myself from puking( exaggeration) in the car. The car moves/rolls a lot on bumpy roads.
I have the 7-seater (captain seats version) and no one sitting behind me has ever complained about getting nauseous, even on long drives. I guess the suspension set-up is the same on both 7 and 8 seater versions.

Quote:
Maybe driving a huge van is not for me,since even on 80 odd kms drives, it drains the hell out of me. I am used to driving automatics,since last few years and this could be the reason for draining me out. Or me being spoilt by the Honda City Auto and an A4 2.0, could be another reason towards the 'change my Innova' campaign.
Now that is what can be called "hitting nail on its head". A person who is used to driving automatics, will definitely find the 1.7 tonner cumbersome, combine that with the extra long gear lever and the long clutch travel. You can be driven around in the Innova but driving Innova is definitely not your cup of tea.

Quote:
As for my requirement,
1) I need a 6 people( mix of adults and kids, along with the driver) transporting vehicle, mostly within the city.
2) The van is driven by me once in 3 month to a farmhouse 80 kms away from Mumbai.
3) Alternate day run is about 20 kms to and fro and driven by a driver.
4) A Van with a smaller overall presence, which is why I am leaning towards the Mobilio.
Both the Ertiga and the Mobilio fit your requirements perfectly (barring point# 2). Even for that if the road to your farmhouse is in good shape, then both these can fare well. However mind you if ever you think of carrying 7 or more (average to well built) adults in any of the above 2 cars for long distances, they won't be happy.

Quote:
P.S. Banging the Innova at 80 kmph, doesn't deploy the Airbags, even with both front passengers wearing the seatbelts. The SRS Airbags are a humbug.
That is quite a stinker . Could you please share the details on that incident/accident, wherein you banging the Innova at 80 kmph and it didn't deploy the Airbags?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 12:22   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
That is quite a stinker . Could you please share the details on that incident/accident, wherein you banging the Innova at 80 kmph and it didn't deploy the Airbags?
On the expressway from Mum to Pune, I was sleeping in the passenger seat and driver slept on the wheel too. We banged on a Qualis which was in the slowest lane, while our Van moved from middle lane to the left. The Qualis had a step fitted on the back, which punctured my Van from the front. Radiator leaked and we had to tow the car back and pay the qualis repair bill too. The damage on my Innova was visually and financially very high vis-a-vis the Qualis, which was unscathed. Owner ne chance pe dance kiya and sent me his repair bill too.

As of last night, I have decided to take your suggestions in consideration and soup up the Innova itself.

Maybe in the near future, an Innova killer is launched, I may consider changing the car.

Sorry for the off-topic discussion Mods. Maybe you can move it to a new thread.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 17:51   #513
Senior - BHPian

Not so good news for Honda.

Motorbash is carrying this news item ----> http://motorbash.com/mobilio-sales-f...els+here..!%29

Quote:
Mobilio Sales Fall to an All-Time Low of 1697 Units; 5 Month Comparo With Ertiga

Mobilio’s sales have been dropping and for the month of February 2015, it plummeted to an all-time low domestic figure of 1697 units. The country’s most fuel efficient MPV was launched in July 2014 with a lot of fanfare.
It started with consistent over 3000 units and sales peaked and crossed 5000 units in Aug and Sep 14. However, it started to fall in December and now in February 2015, it is at its lowest figures yet and sales are under 2000 units for the first time.
In comparison, look at Ertiga’s figures (it also includes a few hundred Gypsy units) during the last 5 months. They have almost always consistently averaged over 5000 units without any big sway!
Mobilio vs Ertiga: 5 Month Comparative Sales

Monthly Sales Comparison
  • In October, when the festive season was at its peak, Honda manufactured 3,781 Mobilios, sold 2,985 units and exported 126 units. Maruti Suzuki on the other hand produced 5849 units of Ertiga (and Gypsy), sold 6,027 units and exported 759.
  • November saw a production of 4,619 Mobilios, export of just 60 units, while the domestic sales were pegged at 3,589 units. Maruti’s figures though were better, as it saw a production of 8,292 units, export of 1,166 units and domestic sales of 5,155 units.
  • December kept the slide on for Honda with production down to only 1,802 units, domestic sale of 2,098 units and export of 165 units. Maruti stood with a production of 4,934 units, domestic sales of 5,774 units and export of 1,073 units.
  • The New Year with higher excise rates did not shake the MPV segment and saw Honda produce 2,816 units, sell 2,942 units and export 204 units. Maruti on the other hand produced 8,151 units, sold 6,432 of them and exported 803 units.
  • February was bad for Honda. They produced just 1,803 units, sold 1,697 units and exported 136 units. Maruti on the other hand kept the spirit going with a production of 7,300 units, domestic sales of 5,863 units and export of 1,049 units.
Mobilio’s fall is primarily because of its higher-than-expected price tag. And with the Renault Lodgy coming next month, things may be worse for Honda, more than Maruti since, history tells us that new car launches in a particular segment have more often than not, affected other cars than Maruti’s.
Note: These are official SIAM-shared sales figures
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 16:08   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Not so good news for Honda.

Motorbash is carrying this news item ---->
Yes. Many have commented about the ambitious price tag of Mobilio compared to the competitor Ertiga. Honda even disrupted the production of the hot going City to stream line Mobilio production and finally they are not able to sell even 2000 a month. It would be interesting to see how Honda is going to manage this sales dip in Mobilio. but for the price tag I think it sure is a very good MUV.

thanks for sharing the info.
Old 16th April 2015, 14:53   #515
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
I would like to share that I have brought a Mobilio RS last month - carnelian red pearl. I did check other options like Ertiga, Innova, XUV and Scorpio (new). I also waited for Lodgy for sometime, before going for Mobilio.
It has been 3 weeks, and I am very happy with my decision. It is very smooth, easy to drive, no niggles till date, good fuel efficiency (about 20kmpl), much better in space as all my family members are about 5.5 ft tall and seating is comfortable, even last row is fine, my family also likes the looks and color.
I will post a detailed review later.
Regards,
Abhishek
Old 16th April 2015, 15:34   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Hi Everyone,
I would like to share that I have brought a Mobilio RS last month - carnelian red pearl. I did check other options like Ertiga, Innova, XUV and Scorpio (new). I also waited for Lodgy for sometime, before going for Mobilio.
It has been 3 weeks, and I am very happy with my decision. It is very smooth, easy to drive, no niggles till date, good fuel efficiency (about 20kmpl), much better in space as all my family members are about 5.5 ft tall and seating is comfortable, even last row is fine, my family also likes the looks and color.
Regards,
Abhishek
Great. Congrats. Pl share lots of pictures. Also pl share the on-road price and its break-up. Enjoy your ride.
Old 16th April 2015, 17:37   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Hi Everyone,
Regards,
Abhishek
Congratulations! Great choice. You cannot go wrong with a Honda vehicle. Brilliant mileage too.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 06:28   #518
@KP
BHPian

Maybe slightly OT, but the new Jazz/Fit Shuttle seems more appealing than the Mobilio - definitely in looks, not sure about specs and features.

Dunno, why Honda didn't consider it for India.
Old 20th April 2015, 21:16   #519
BHPian

A friend is looking at buying a top end (vo petrol variant) in Mysore (instd of Blore). He is being quoted the full price of VO @12.23L with some silly approach of selling him a V variant & adding additional accessories to bring it up to the VO version. My point was, why go for this? He wants to book one tomorrow considering it is an auspicious day.

Two questions:
1. Is VO petrol variant not easily available?
2. Seeing the dwindling numbers, aren't there any discounts being offered on this model?

Last edited by null : 20th April 2015 at 21:19. Reason: edit
Old 22nd April 2015, 10:25   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Two questions:
1. Is VO petrol variant not easily available?
2. Seeing the dwindling numbers, aren't there any discounts being offered on this model?
V(o) is just a cosmetic upgrade with multimedia head unit (with navigation, touchscreen & bluetooth additional) & the fake wood finish plastic cap/sticker (whatever it is) for the console panel & arm front arm rests.

My friend finally booked a VMT petrol variant last night since the color he wanted was available readily and wanted to book a car yesterday. Got some parking sensors, bumper & protectors and door step light panel accessories as free. They have added some unwanted avocado coating & under body coating.

Lead times quoted for V was like 1-1.5 months & no commitment for VO which appears strange.
After checking lodgy, mobilio & ertiga, ertiga continues to be the best value for money package all round IMO from all aspects.

BTW Honda never offers any discounts? This is what was told to us yesterday.

Last edited by null : 22nd April 2015 at 10:27.
Old 24th April 2015, 09:30   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Maybe slightly OT, but the new Jazz/Fit Shuttle seems more appealing than the Mobilio - definitely in looks, not sure about specs and features.

Dunno, why Honda didn't consider it for India.
Hey KP, Jazz shuttle is the estate version of Jazz i.e. it is also a 5-seater with a humongous boot. It is not a pseudo-MPV like Mobilio. But then, it will not be too tough to add an extra row of seat Another factor could be cost. Jazz shuttle will definitely be more expensive to build than a City (If you remember, Honda said, Jazz and City costs almost the same to build). Pricing an MPV above your premium (!!) sedan will be suicidal. Not than Mobilio is getting great numbers, but Jazz shuttle will not even sell that much.
Old 24th April 2015, 11:28   #522
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Pricing an MPV above your premium (!!) sedan will be suicidal. Not than Mobilio is getting great numbers, but Jazz shuttle will not even sell that much.
I know, pricing an MPV above premium sedan will be suicidal. I am just way too biased towards Jazz/Fit I guess.

Right now am in SL and every time I see a FIT / FIT Shuttle / Vezel pass by me, I cringe. Why are these not available in India !!
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 12:19   #523

Sliding mechanism for middle row - Honda Mobilio

Folks, I own a Honda Mobilio diesel - s variant and it does not come with sliding seats for the middle row.
The guy at Honda who proposed this to enhance sales of the higher variant needs a whack on his head. When you buy a car that costs 11 lakhs we don't expect them to shamelessly remove the sliding mechanism out from the middle variants.

I checked with the Honda dealer to have them fix this for me and they told me that they would have to swap the entire seats out and it would cost me 40K. Now that's a load of crap because when I looked closely at the bottom of the seats and compared it to the higher variant I didn't see a big difference except that the pull up lever was missing in mine and maybe some springs inside.
So I'm now looking for someone who can add this feature for me. I live in Bangalore and any leads will be greatly appreciated.
Old 24th May 2015, 23:28   #524
BHPian

Re: Sliding mechanism for middle row - Honda Mobilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
BTW Honda never offers any discounts? This is what was told to us yesterday.
I just read in the paper that Honda is offering benefits worth 50000 on the Mobilio (not sure about the breakup). I too had heard that Honda never gives discounts. But I know of another example from Honda that got huge discounts on it. Jazz was running close to 1 Lakh rupee discounts for sometime, and later its prices was revised altogether by more than a lakh, before it got discontinued. I really hope this is not headed for the same fate. Jazz was in a segment that had not matured in India, when it got launched and was just too ahead of its time (kind of like the Ford Fusion). I actually quite like the Mobilio and feel that Honda should revise the price to somewhere around 50K more than an equivalent Ertiga variant. The Brio/Amaze cousins have a healthy amount of localization and I fail to understand why the price is so high. (and just put the sliding middle row in all variants for god's sake!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr4d View Post
Folks, I own a Honda Mobilio diesel - s variant and it does not come with sliding seats for the middle row.
The guy at Honda who proposed this to enhance sales of the higher variant needs a whack on his head. When you buy a car that costs 11 lakhs we don't expect them to shamelessly remove the sliding mechanism out from the middle variants.

I checked with the Honda dealer to have them fix this for me and they told me that they would have to swap the entire seats out and it would cost me 40K. Now that's a load of crap because when I looked closely at the bottom of the seats and compared it to the higher variant I didn't see a big difference except that the pull up lever was missing in mine and maybe some springs inside.
So I'm now looking for someone who can add this feature for me. I live in Bangalore and any leads will be greatly appreciated.
This was one of the deal breakers for me, that made me choose the Ertiga above the Mobilio.
Old 3rd June 2015, 08:04   #525
Senior - BHPian

After lots of deliberation I have finally booked the Carnelian red Honda Mobilio iDtec RS. I will be taking delivery tomorrow or on Saturday. I'm having EW&RSA, zero deep insurance, car care, touch screen with camera(36000). Please advice the things I need to check.
I have been told that the touch screen audio can be blaupunkt San Diego or map my india, which one should I go for?
What other accessories do I need?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks