Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2014, 12:07   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Beginning to see quite a few Mobilios on the road now....
I don't know if it's just me, or Powai-Mumbai, but am yet to see any Mobilios on the road!! Even during a lot of travel in Mumbai last week during Ganapati, didn't see a single one!! What's up Mumbai?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
System Cost: 25000....
Thanks Seran for that awesome info. I wonder why MPV systems aren't equipped with remotes by default, surely your kid / better half ain't going to allow you monopoly on the music right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Very good article on Autocar India about safety factors related to 3rd row seats in MPVs.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-blo...ay-390204.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Elephant in the room is absolutely the best way to put it. ....Dont see the point of anyone upgrading to a MUV from a decent sedan, atleast not me.
Quite right about safety risks of MPVs, that's where I liked the extra length (few inches more?!) that the Mobilio had over Ertiga. Would the Innova be a bit safer, with still more inches from the rear, better build, and more height?!
Old 7th September 2014, 10:32   #422
BHPian

Am beginning to see many Mobilios in Chennai. Most of the delivered cars seem to be white though.
Old 7th September 2014, 12:16   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
Thanks Seran for that awesome info. I wonder why MPV systems aren't equipped with remotes by default, surely your kid / better half ain't going to allow you monopoly on the music right?!
Yes. You are right. Mine has a Remote that has all the functionality. So My daughter manages things as per her wish. No choice for me al all! . In a way I am happy that I am not pestered to change Radio Channels or Audio Track while driving as she manages them with the remote, sitting in the rear seat.
Old 7th September 2014, 15:20   #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Just the person I was looking for - a Logan owner shifting to Mobilio.

My petrol Logan has been serving me beautifully for last 6 years and Mobilio will be on my radar some time in future. So wanted to find out your personal experience about the difference in ride quality.
Let's hear about the difference in ride comfort between Mobilio and Logan from a Logan owner's perspective.

I was quite shocked to see that at this price level Honda is not giving a basic engine guard for the petrol engine, while my Logan has a solid metallic engine guard even at almost half the price.

Delighted to meet a fellow Logan owner !!!!!! I absolutely love the Logan and it has taken a lot to move on to another vehicle, not got delivery yet will definitely post a response on your query after a few hundred kms of driving

The absence of a engine guard is indeed shocking I was told the same cannot be installed after market as well due to some issue wrt clips !! I definitely intend to look for one after market

Incase anyone has any ideas do share, I would like to protect the cars underside beneath the bonnet with something so some random stone or rodent does not get at the engine/ wires !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
Hi,

I had booked my Mobilio Diesel S MT in July with Dakshin Honda which I changed to Diesel V MT with airbags based on advise of my Doctor cousin. I have been regularly following with the dealer but delivery is expected only by mid this month since I had requested for a change in model. They offered me white colour which I accepted since deliveries for other colours are even longer.

I am new to this forum and need suggestions from fellow members on below :

1. AVN unit make and model for mobilio (Basic, Mid range options)
2. Suggestions on Rear view camera/sensor for mobilio
3. Vendor for anti rust treatment around south bangalore
4. Any other fitment which may be useful

Thanks in advance

Hi I too share your dilemma and had requested advise, it does seem a better idea to go for an AVN after market, my dealer though says it could void electrical warranty ! I have been talking to a vendor in Mumbai who has assured me he will manage the installation without cutting any wires, a top end pioneer launched in August 2014 costs 48000/- but the kind I require can be had at Rs.20000 plus levels, if required a pair of screens could also be fixed for the rear seat passengers, I have been quoted 11500/- for a pair

The rear camera would form part of the AVN

I also intend to do a paint protect layer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
The 70000 you mentioned is for the (O) variant of the V trim and includes the hideous faux wood dash panels. The AVN itself is available for 40K, and I would recommend the dealer option, given the peace of mind. If your dealer is not offering the same, you can always remind him that Modi Honda is doing so in Andheri and Borivali.

Congratulations on your purchase, do post some pics once you bring your car home.
Thanks the car seems sometime away yet will definitely post pics thanks

I have been facing some issues with the delivery of my Blue Mobilio !!!

My bookings dated 16th July ( pre booking !) and while I watch friends and others take delivery with bookings on later dates my booking number seems to have no relevance !!!

I was told it is because of my choice of colour ! ( my 5 yr old kid wants blue no way am changing that !) so I finally decided to contact Honda and enquire on why they have published 6 colours when the booking queues so against the blue

The dealer had assured me that come 4th September I would have my cars delivery date based on the production schedule but turns out even October is doubtful and for some optimism he decided to share that Honda City black was discontinued and they had refunded the booking sum !!!

The Honda call centre has been professional for now and I received quite a few calls and the dealer now states Tuesday I should have some news

Thought of sharing incase any ones having similar issues

Last edited by Stratos : 9th September 2014 at 09:11.
Old 7th September 2014, 20:08   #425
Senior - BHPian

I am begining to see some Mobilio on Road and majority of them are the petrol ones.
No offense to the Honda lovers, but the car has no road presence, One can easily confuse it to brio. It also feels only as tall and wide as a brio !!

A friend was seriously considering this and after doing a price check found that the S Diesel sells close to 11L in Bangalore. Where as Ertiga Vdi is selling at 9.6L (after all the discounts) Does this car deserve 1.4L over Ertiga ? I dont think so. I feel after few months the initial excitement will die down. In any case, Ertiga sales will continue to remain at current numbers. In fact the City buyers might get attracted by the extra row of seating.

In a way its good for the consumer. Maruti will be now forced to bring the Ertiga with extra feature set or else they need to continue to offer the discounts !!
Old 8th September 2014, 01:28   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Yes. You are right. Mine has a Remote that has all the functionality. So My daughter manages things as per her wish. No choice for me al all! . In a way I am happy that I am not pestered to change Radio Channels or Audio Track while driving as she manages them with the remote, sitting in the rear seat.
Ha ha, exactly the reason I feel remotes should be either standard or at least an optional thing on all car audio systems, but even more so on MPVs with the 3rd row where the frequent-channel-change-demanding kids would be seated!

Btw Seran, which car and system are you referring to? Was it built-in or aftermarket (cost in that case?) ?

Is any car, < 15 lakhs budget, providing such remote controlled systems by default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I am begining to see some Mobilio on Road and majority of them are the petrol ones.
No offense to the Honda lovers, but the car has no road presence, One can easily confuse it to brio. It also feels only as tall and wide as a brio !!
As a matter of fact, just today I happened to notice the first Mobilio on street: but alas, a test-drive model. And yes, maybe I noticed this one since it had Mobilio written on its side in a big font, and might have missed some others since they don't have much of a road presence / confused with brio?!
Old 8th September 2014, 10:24   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
Btw Seran, which car and system are you referring to? Was it built-in or aftermarket (cost in that case?) ?
Yes. After market. For Honda city SV idtec.
http:// http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/153362-honda-mobilio-official-review-28.html#post3522582
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 14:34   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Have seen a few White Mobilios in Bangalore over the last few weeks. At a juice center I saw a brand new hot from the showroom White Mobilio S and managed to talk to the happy owner, who was not really an auto enthusiast.

Asked him the following questions:
1. Why the Mobilio?
Ans:
- Brand new and stylish design + Honda brand
- His better half and his parents love the design and were very comfortable in the middle row
- his 5 year old daughter likes the third row and the fact that its all for her
- All reviews online were raving about the car and also the showrooms were packed with people checking it out

2. Did you check out the Zest?
- Did see it in the mall and only took a cursory glance at it because its a Tata vehicle i.e focused on cabbies
- Plus wanted a MPV that can seat 5 people easily

2. Why not the Ertiga? Did you test drive it?
Ans:
- Yes did test drive it but feel that the mobilio has more space and easier to drive in city driving conditions (lesser shifting)
- Also had seen a lot of commercial operators use the Ertiga and hence did not feel like investing in that
- Plus the Honda has better resale value because of better engine

3. Why is resale so important?
Ans: Changes car every 3-4 years and hence important that he get more back

4. Which car did you own before?
Ans: Ritz Vxi which had done about 20K km in little less than 4 years

Thanked him and wished him safe & happy driving and walked away.
This conversation very clearly highlights the importance of the brand and the importance of online reviews. The junta will blindly trust the brand and go with the 'expert' opinion.
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 16:54   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anup25 View Post
Delighted to meet a fellow Logan owner !!!!!! I absolutely love the Logan and it has taken a lot to move on to another vehicle, not got delivery yet will definitely post a response on your query after a few hundred kms of driving

The absence of a engine guard is indeed shocking I was told the same cannot be installed after market as well due to some issue wrt clips !! I definitely intend to look for one after market
Incase anyone has any ideas do share, I would like to protect the cars underside beneath the bonnet with something so some random stone or rodent does not get at the engine/ wires !!!

Hi I too share your dilemma and had requested advise, it does seem a better idea to go for an AVN after market, my dealer though says it could void electrical warranty ! I have been talking to a vendor in Mumbai who has assured me he will manage the installation without cutting any wires, a top end pioneer launched in August 2014 costs 48000/- but the kind I require can be had at Rs.20000 plus levels, if required a pair of screens could also be fixed for the rear seat passengers, I have been quoted 11500/- for a pair

The rear camera would form part of the AVN

I also intend to do a paint protect layer

Thanks the car seems sometime away yet will definitely post pics thanks
Thanks, which make n model of AVN can be had for 20k, I am also looking at something in similar range. Please share if you have more details

Last edited by Stratos : 9th September 2014 at 09:10. Reason: Reduced size of Quoted post.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:35   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
Thanks, which make n model of AVN can be had for 20k, I am also looking at something in similar range. Please share if you have more details
The after market guys mentioned choices in Mapmyindia , he also mentioned a couple of others, but since my delivery date is still a state secret at Honda {!!! } I do not recollect the names, shall fill you in on the same as I definitely intend to install the same on delivery
Old 8th September 2014, 19:41   #431
Senior - BHPian

A new mobilio has been delivered to someone in my building. It looks very impressive from the rear. I find the middle & 3rd row seats to be too upright.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:46   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
A new mobilio has been delivered to someone in my building. It looks very impressive from the rear. I find the middle & 3rd row seats to be too upright.
All the seats in three rows can be reclined, but may be the owner prefers it upright
Old 8th September 2014, 20:25   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Have seen a few White Mobilios in Bangalore over the last few weeks. At a juice center I saw a brand new hot from the showroom White Mobilio S and managed to talk to the happy owner, who was not really an auto enthusiast.
Thanked him and wished him safe & happy driving and walked away.
This conversation very clearly highlights the importance of the brand and the importance of online reviews. The junta will blindly trust the brand and go with the 'expert' opinion.
I think that the Honda Petrol engines are really proven ones especially the one doing duty on Mobilio is same as that on City.

Now with increasing Diesel prices, More people are going for Petrol and for an petrol MPV, i am sure Mobilio returns great FE numbers and pickup

Where as Maruti sells more Diesel Ertiga(as of today) so the 1.4 K series is relatively unknown
Old 9th September 2014, 00:03   #434
BHPian

Here is my booking ordeal.
I made a pre-booking for a base version of Honda Mobilio around July 10th with Capital Honda, OMR, Chennai. I was, initially, told of an expected waiting period of over a month post the official launch. I have not yet received the vehicle. Save this, I have not received even a tentative date on when I can expect the vehicle delivered.

Whenever I called the sales guy, during August, he would ask me to wait till September first week so that he could let me know of my allotment. Allotment, according to him, would define the date when the vehicle gets despatched and received which usually fall in the same month. I called him this month and was told that though my booking has priority, the vehicle has not been considered yet for production as the volume for entry level model's bookings are very less.

I took this issue a level upper to him, with his manager, to know what was happening only to get shocked to know that the booking being a lower end version of the vehicle I surely could not expect it for atleast a couple of months. So that closes my hope for the October window too. As per him had I preferred to shell out another 1.15 Lakhs I could have managed to get the next version of the car this month itself. I still have time to choose for the same.

Last Friday, I called Honda Car India's feedback / queries department and mentioned the case. The concern was noted by the customer care person with pretty good professionalism. He raised a ticket immediately and escalated the issue to the concerned team. The escalation so far, as I know, has reached Capital Honda's department. They called me the next day asking the details of the branch and sales person. They have promised to get back after resolving this issue.

The main reason I have been choosing a mobilio was due to a mix of reasons like the reasonably good after sales reputation that Honda enjoys, my necessity for a 6 seater and City's good powerful petrol engine which suited well for long drives too. But, ultimately, I feel that this indefinite waiting is a lesser ordeal compared to dealing with the likely dubious situation. Currently I am waiting for a call from the customer care department hoping for some solutions to this endless wait.

Last edited by eyesice : 9th September 2014 at 00:04.
Old 9th September 2014, 05:47   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Here is my booking ordeal.
I made a pre-booking for a base version of Honda Mobilio around July 10th with Capital Honda, OMR, Chennai. Currently I am waiting for a call from the customer care department hoping for some solutions to this endless wait.
Have you paid the full or significant amount already?
Is he the only dealer of Honda in your city?

If answer is NO, then you should cancel your booking straight away and go to another dealer. Or at least tell so to Capital Honda.
Also tell them that you are seriously considering to buy Ertiga as it is cheaper and readily available.

Don't listen to any bulllcrap these dealers speak.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks