Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 13:55   #391
BHPian

Just saw a mobilio for the first time on the road. Is it just me or the car is really that small when compared to ertiga? Specially when viewed from the back the car looked very puny. Maybe its because of the low door line. But whatever it is, it looks nice & compact.

Last edited by TB16 : 24th August 2014 at 13:58.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 08:39   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Had to get my City serviced - thought of visiting the service station rather then pickup so i could take a closer look at Mobilio.

Overall, its not as bad as its made out to be. Sure, its no where close to what we expected but one should be able to get used to the disparity real soon. Interestingly, the service advisor kept coming back to mileage & "speed". I suppose speed meant iVTEC engine from City. But he did admit the build quality was not at par but interestingly he said this is to enhance the mileage to make it lighter.
Their main selling point is mileage and thats getting a lot of sales (5 kms per litre more than closest competition)!
Inside space management is a huge plus over Ertiga (he subtly mentioned its near Innova!)

Last edited by Equus : 25th August 2014 at 09:01.
Old 25th August 2014, 15:59   #393
Senior - BHPian

Honda added three new trims to the Mobilio.
  • V(O) Petrol, V(O) Diesel and RS(O) Diesel
  • Rear View Parking Camera
  • 15.7cm Touch Screen Audio Visual Navigation (DVD/CD, Bluetooth, USB, AUX, i-pod, MP3, FM/AM). This would replace the 2 DIN system.
  • Woody Garnish On Center Console
  • Woody Garnish On Door Armrest
  • The price difference is INR 69,000 more than the corresponding V and RS models.
More here: https://www.hondacarindia.com/mobilio/Features.html
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 16:26   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Had to get my City serviced - thought of visiting the service station rather then pickup so i could take a closer look at Mobilio.
Inside space management is a huge plus over Ertiga (he subtly mentioned its near Innova!)
Ditto in my case, I checked it out during the visit to get my City serviced.

The doors around the middle row are very large. The windows are just humongous. With the doors closed and windows rolled down, it is possible to literally walk/climb out through the open windows. The door glass is super thin and easily flexes, felt it could break off easily.

Space management is excellent like you mentioned. The amazing part is the relatively small Diesel engine (1.5 Litres) in the Mobilio will belt out almost the same Power and Torque as the Innova (2.5 Litre) and yet return a fuel efficiency of 20+ kmpl while the Innova can manage about 14 kmpl.

It is built out of wafer thin sheel panels. The City feels very well put together in comparison.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 25th August 2014 at 16:36.
Old 25th August 2014, 16:29   #395
Team-BHP Support

Honda Cars India has announced the launch of two new trim levels on the Mobilio MPV. Dubbed V(O) and RS(O), they will be available from mid-September 2014.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

The V(O) is available in on both the petrol and diesel versions of the Mobilio and is positioned above the E, S and V trims. The RS(O) is available only on the diesel version and slots above the RS variant.

Prices (ex-showroom, New Delhi):
1.5L V(O) (Petrol) - Rs. 9.46 lakh
1.5L V(O) (Diesel) - Rs. 10.45 lakh
RS(O) (Diesel) - Rs. 11.55 lakh

Last edited by Aditya : 25th August 2014 at 16:30.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 17:40   #396
Senior - BHPian

Has Honda gone mad with such pricing? 9.46 L ex showroom Delhi means its like minimum 11+ Lacs OTR Pune. Currently Ertiga is available around 8 Lacs OTR for Zxi with bargain & discounts. So for RS Mobilio you will pay 3 lacs extra than Ertiga Zxi?? RS version itself is joke with that funny looking interiors & they are demanding such a high price for it. Right combination for the disaster. Already Mobilio is costlier than Ertiga, now they are making it even more. Wow, just great !!!
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 18:36   #397
BHPian

Yesterday, I went to Solitaire Honda, Borivali East, for a Honda Mobilio TD and here are my takeaways from the same:

1. Demo cars were offered in both Petrol and Diesel. Since, I was going after Honda's legendary iVTEC motor, I was positively surprised by this. Compare this to the Maruti Ertiga, which can be TDed only in its diesel avatar and its salesman had the audacity to say, both Petrol and Diesel feel / drive the same!

2. I had test driven my neighbors petrol Ertiga, and driving the Mobilio felt positively different. More powerful and "cant-find-a-term" delivery of that power brought an immediate smile, this was no downgrade from the SX4, atleast in terms of its Engine. driving this car almost as similiar to my SX4. I managed to climb a flyover in fourth starting at ~20 kmph in the Mobilio, albeit with serious pumping. The ECO mode suggestion was helpful, and was ON 25% with my normal driving style.

3. Gear knob felt puny compared to the meaty grips I was used to...its almost a standout "needs-getting-used-to" feature of the drive experience. The gears and shifts themselves are absolutely spot on. Never did I feel under-powered, nor experienced any sudden surges.

4. Dashboard and Instrument cluster is the weakest link, boring and downright "out-of-class" with the rest of the vehicle. Firstly, the speedo was reflecting the groovy surface behind the steering wheel, and secondly, to check efficiency one has to hit a button! The AC knobs were a similiar story, function over glory. Music system, I did not care much, but its steering wheel controls looked sturdy.

5. Doors are adequately heavy, and have enough quality to not dissapoint anyone "upgrading" from any of the 10L sedans. Windows are massive, and add to a very pleasant interior feel. AC's effectiveness in middle and Rear is more than sufficient, however it was mildly sunny and quite pleasant weather around late 20s maybe.

6. Now to the second and the last weak link, its middle row. They are flat, both the seat and the back. There's a good reason for them being flat, folding and flexibility et al, but I can almost feel the designers predicament over curves and ergonomics vs flexibility and wide appeal. That they chose this design was likely a bitter pill for them as well, but I can say, its impossible to balance both given the dimensions. Will they be comfortable over a long journey? Quite hard to tell...sorry.

7. Enough has been said already about the boot and 1st & 3rd rows. Let me just add, with the 3rd row up, both my kids - ages 5 & 3, could sleep flat on the floor, so a long drive with mattresses would be ideal for them. Just an idea mind you, the safety of doing so is abysmally low, and I might never attempt it, but a thought nevertheless.

8. Fuel efficiency indicator was showing an ominous 6.7 kmpl, throughout the drive.

9. I might have missed, but couldnt find a clock anywhere.

10. I was told the touch screen ICE head unit was available as an accessory for 40k more. Can anyone else concur thats a genuine Honda offering and not dealer opportunism?

11. Was told to expect a 3 month waiting period for the petrol, seemed ridiculous and typical sales talk...I dont expect it to be anything more than a few weeks.

12. Four year warranty available.

13. Windshield wipers left a good 3 inch area untouched to the right.

14. Honda showroom was brimming with deliveries and test drives.

15. Salesman was hitting against the Ertiga at all times. Overall, the salesperson answered all the questions rather well.

Lastly, let me just put a disclaimer that I have no business interests with Honda whatsoever, but am very likely to buy the Mobilio having experienced monotonous and unambitious Maruti Service for the last 5 years.
Fornax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 01:32   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Honda Cars India has announced the launch of two new trim levels on the Mobilio MPV. Dubbed V(O) and RS(O), they will be available from mid-September 2014.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Good addition I feel, adds some features which are certainly missing from the ertiga, and give a "premium feel", but is it value for money? Not sure...City V variant has more premium feel probably, and costs 50k less, while VX is certainly superior, at just 50k more than the V (O) Mobilio (am talking petrols here).

And Honda, you are still not listening: bring on the Mobilio automatic, CVT or otherwise, please!
Old 26th August 2014, 01:47   #399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Honda added three new trims to the Mobilio.
  • V(O) Petrol, V(O) Diesel and RS(O) Diesel
  • Rear View Parking Camera
  • 15.7cm Touch Screen Audio Visual Navigation (DVD/CD, Bluetooth, USB, AUX, i-pod, MP3, FM/AM). This would replace the 2 DIN system.
  • Woody Garnish On Center Console
  • Woody Garnish On Door Armrest
  • The price difference is INR 69,000 more than the corresponding V and RS models.
More here: https://www.hondacarindia.com/mobilio/Features.html
Two features that were mentioned as a real relief to have been dropped from the production version- that garish wooden trim and the poor touchscreen console is back- and that too with a premium price tag!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 09:53   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Two features that were mentioned as a real relief to have been dropped from the production version- that garish wooden trim and the poor touchscreen console is back- and that too with a premium price tag!
Agree about the wooden finish, might appeal to somen, but does look a bit garish, hope actual thing would be better!

But I feel the touchscreen console with satnav, rear parking cam and bluetooth, is definitely a positive, and premium, addition, so long as they ironed out the bugs / issues with the one shown in the pre-launch vehicles!
Old 26th August 2014, 11:27   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
9. I might have missed, but couldnt find a clock anywhere.
No separate clock, time is displayed on the music unit head i guess, if i am not wrong.
Old 27th August 2014, 02:26   #402
BHPian

Ertiga can still be used as a Sedan with 5 seats and lots of baggage space. Mobilio seats are so thin, that anyone sitting in the middle seat happens to be a tall body like me, he can feel my knee on his back.

Mobilio also looks like a compressed Duster in shape when I look from outside.

A lot depends on how this is going to shape up the market. A top end Ertiga costs under 11L in Bangalore but a Top end Mobilio is more than 11L. For me still Ertiga is a winner hands down.

Though I like the Honda City much better than my current SX4. If the SX4, had a 1.6 litre diesel engine like Vento / City, I would be like WOW.
darkbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 18:44   #403

Firstly did book a Honda Mobilio Petrol top end ( guess that has changed to second from top with the launch of the AVN model!)

1] My current drive is a Renault Logan which has been faithful for over 7 yrs now, Build quality, Space and Suspension were the main criteria for my selection and a budget as well !

2] Budget ensured the Fleunce and Octavia were out of the window, after some thought the Verna went out as well and not being a huge Maruti fan except for the kizashi ( technically Suzuki) was left with the Fiat Linea , Honda City CVT and The Honda Mobilio

3] The Mobilio ranked third in my preference was a little Skeptical of its steering and Suspension before taking the test drive

4] After much thought did a test drive at Hallmark which is many many kms further away from where stay leaving atleast 3 dealers in between ! Was a good decision considering Igot kms of good road, choice of the worst pot hole filled roads to test drive in New Bombay

5] Sales executive was good did not hurry the TD ample time was provided

6] The car was a petrol V model and the empty roads meant could floor the pedal, moved to almost 100 in 3rd gear before truck ensured the brakes had to be hit, car had good acceleration, steering seemed small and too sensitive at lower speeds

7] Taking a U turn was effortless

8] Car seemed spacious

9] Camera/ Sensor should have been mandatory

10] Had to hit sudden brakes on meeting a speed breaker moved from 80 plus to zero car stayed straight and true , the exec hit the front seat with his shoulder but my son in row 3 was grinning thanks to having put on his seat belt

11] The worst roads in midc the car handled well ground clearance was satisfying as well,my worries on suspension proved unfounded

Booked in July since my son had liked the Octavia gave him the choice of colour with the Mobilio and he selected Blue !! Dealer said I could drive out any other colour tomorrow, Blue not available Next production schedules out on 4th Sept and we will have an update then

The Build quality seemed poor after a European car but have been informed that there are crumple zones which would make the car as efective in a collision as any car with heavier metal build

Am confused on whether to spend another 70000 for the new AVN or just fit one at half the price from an accesories store and not the dealer, any suggestions?
Anup25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 20:23   #404
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anup25 View Post
Firstly did book a Honda Mobilio Petrol top end ( guess that has changed to second from top with the launch of the AVN model!)

Am confused on whether to spend another 70000 for the new AVN or just fit one at half the price from an accesories store and not the dealer, any suggestions?
Going with the dealer is a better and safer bet since the car is new and nothing much is known about its long-term status, reliability and niggles so accessories fit from after market will stand voiding the warranty or may interfere in electronics etc.

So I suggest you to stick to the dealer else talk to the sales and service manager there and ask what if you install these after market?!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 20:53   #405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anup25 View Post
From Octavia / Fluence to Mobilio?

Interested to know what made you choose the Mobilio over the other cars you have mentioned - Verna and stablemate City?

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2014 at 14:47. Reason: PM coming up :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks