Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 13:11   #376
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Saw the first mobilio on road today in the domlur ring road area. It was an Urban Titanium. In few days time, will get to know how popular or not Mobilio is ? I wanted to have a closer look at the badging but then a octavia with a black vinyl was in front and it distracted me from the mobilio
Old 7th August 2014, 13:24   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The Indian psychology of anything that is priced higher than its real value ought to be good is playing here to Honda's advantage..
Then why do people buy Maruti instead of Ford/Honda? Its not that easy to stereotype the Indian buyer, we have many different groups of buyers with different psychologies.

The masses buy in herd mentality to find comfort in numbers so that resale value is decent, enough servicing centers are available, as long as there is reasonable quality for acceptable price. Hence, Maruti & Hyundai have thrived.
Old 8th August 2014, 11:19   #378
BHPian

Last night, even I spotted my first Mobilio in Jayanagar 7th block, Bangalore in front of the Throttle auto accessories shop. It was a white coloured one.

Rgds
Suhas
Old 8th August 2014, 13:19   #379
Senior - BHPian

10K bookings dont mean anything - remember the Etios also had crazy bookings upfront. Even XUV created a storm. Lets wait for the cool-off period to sense the real interest. It will sell reasonably well (around 2-3K units per month) but well below Ertiga, IMO.

The new Scorpio might be interesting - this has potential to unsettle things around if priced in the same range.
Old 12th August 2014, 11:09   #380
BHPian

Honda is not providing Mobilio for commercial registrations (Yellow board). I was thinking that since this is a MPV, they might get good bookings from the Fleet operators. This seems to in line with their policy of not providing honda vehicles for commercial registrations. Perhaps to protect brand equity. Amaze had lots of inquiry from the fleet but they were turned down.

Another update is the bangalore RTO is taking time to determine tax structure for Mobilio. thats the reason why many mobilios are not yet spotted. Dealers have received around 80-100 Mobilios and only few of them moved out(with temp registration).
Old 14th August 2014, 17:06   #381
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, the Mobilio advertisement could qualify for the contest of Worst Car advertisements of all time. Mind you, the product is fine, but the advertisement is seriously poor quality.

I wonder why didn't Honda shoot a TV advertisement with Kapil Sharma, like they had 2-3 ads online with him, which were good.
Old 17th August 2014, 11:20   #382

Actually even I quite didnt like the Honda Mobilio ad. But then saw the car at the showroom last weekend. Apart from other stuff, I quite actually liked the boot space. They have left significant amount of boot space at the back. Although the 3rd row of seats were not as comfortable.
Old 17th August 2014, 18:06   #383
Team-BHP Support

Totally irritated with the new TV ads for the Mobilio, the quality is just as poor as the car- and the song dubbed in regional languages is just pure torture.

The online ads with Kapil were much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 19:44   #384
BHPian

I felt the most interesting part about the advertisement is that the dashboard is not shown even in one shot.

This shows that even Honda recognizes that the Mobilio is not 'stylish', as claimed for Mobilio.
Old 17th August 2014, 20:24   #385
BHPian

Best and Worst of Mobilio!

Though Mobilio is quite good looking from front and back, from few other angles, the short bonnet Vs long body creates an ugly image!! And rear side view is the best according to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-mobilio-back.jpg  

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-mobilio.jpg  

sivadas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 15:55   #386
BHPian

Hasn't anyone bought (made full payment or got the delivery, Not just booking it with 51K) the Mobilio on Team - BHP yet? Was waiting for some of the owners to post their experiences and perspective. I recently saw a lot of Mobilio's parked outside a Honda showroom on Nagar - Aurangabad highway, so it seems that the deliveries have started.
Old 19th August 2014, 11:39   #387
BHPian

Yes, even i am looking for a first hand update from anyone in our BHP community who has bought the Mobilio to provide the initial ownership review. This would help get better insight.

Maybe this is also an indication of the quality or inkling of the customers towards this car?
Old 19th August 2014, 14:11   #388
BHPian

Saw a white Mobilio S in person in Subramanya Arcade in Bangalore. I liked the overall vehicle, especially the space inside. I was not able to check the seating comfort or the quality of the interiors. I definitely liked the leg and the boot space compared to my Ertiga.
Suhas
Old 21st August 2014, 16:42   #389
BHPian

Yesterday went and saw Mobilio S Variant in the showroom

Dashboard and Door Trims looks very cheap - low grade plastics used

Front Driver and Passenger Headrest - integrated - looks awful,

The back support of front and rear seat is hardly 2 or 3 inches, passenger from 2nd row knee could be protruding the back of front row, ofcourse the legroom is better but still

2nd row is only for 2 adults and 1 kid or 1 adult and 2 kids

3rd row is definitely not for adults , 2 kids maximum

No ACC, NO Bluetooth

Overall it was disappointing for me,

with the hype given in the media that it will eat out bigger share of market from Innova and Ertiga - in reality its not going to be now

Suzuki can breathe little easy now, but have to wait and watch of Renault MPV to be launched soon...
ckmraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:37   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
Hasn't anyone bought (made full payment or got the delivery, Not just booking it with 51K) the Mobilio on Team - BHP yet? Was waiting for some of the owners to post their experiences and perspective. I recently saw a lot of Mobilio's parked outside a Honda showroom on Nagar - Aurangabad highway, so it seems that the deliveries have started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV500_BLR View Post
Yes, even i am looking for a first hand update from anyone in our BHP community who has bought the Mobilio to provide the initial ownership review. This would help get better insight.

Maybe this is also an indication of the quality or inkling of the customers towards this car?
Just a few days after posting this, I saw two Mobilio's in my society itself!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks