Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 11:29   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
That's an interesting point. Has either of these cars started rattling on the inside? I ask this because Marutis of the yore were notorious for rattling issues, while Hondas were not. Seeing that Maruti interiors have improved significantly and Honda's, specially the Brio clan, have declined a bit in quality (please correct me if I am wrong here), it would be interesting to see who rattle first.
My Amaze rattles , front right A pillar , dzire does not rattle at all .
Honda after the one year service which took place this week have promised me they have taken care of the rattle , it does not rattle now , but I'll wait for a few days and then give feedback on the rattle to you .
anky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 11:55   #302
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I own a Dzire and the new City bought 2 months apart. City has started with the noises whereas Dzire is still silent. Driving conditions, driver, etc - all factors remain the same in both cars. As I mentioned on another post, even the new City does feel built to a cost to an extent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
My Amaze rattles , front right A pillar , dzire does not rattle at all .
Honda after the one year service which took place this week have promised me they have taken care of the rattle , it does not rattle now , but I'll wait for a few days and then give feedback on the rattle to you .
Wow! Coming from actual owners, that’s a real eye opener. Thanks guys for sharing!

My brother has a Brio, which has been with my father in Aurangabad for almost a year now. Driving on Aurangabad roads is like driving on moon, they are simply non-existent. I will ask my father if he has started experiencing any rattles in Brio. BTW, my father used to own the dolphin Honda City VTec and he drove it for 5 and a half years, 55000 KM. That car did not rattle AT ALL, even though it was driven daily on very bad roads.

It’s very sad to see the quality of Honda cars go south. But particularly in case of the Mobilio, it makes me angry that the price has not gone south in proportion to the quality!
Old 25th July 2014, 13:06   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
In what way? The only differentiator is the engines, that too slightly. It's like the SX4 or the Linea don't belong in the City/Verna/Vento segment because they have lesser-sized engines.

Both belong to the same segment, but Honda's pricing makes the Mobilio target the "premium" buyers instead.
I think you have selectively pulled out my mention about engine capacity. What I have said is that Mobilio offers better space, has a bigger engine and offers a better fuel efficiency.

Quote:
And yes, lack of features at a starting price of 8L is shocking, and not only a few, but MANY BHPians are complaining.

If this pricing doesn't convey that, then what does? It's not a VFM product anymore, any which way you look at it.
Lack of feature is one thing, but there are multiple posts on this thread where people were talking about Mobilio lacking certain features which in reality it has. I would call that misleading.
Old 25th July 2014, 13:19   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I find it strange that some people are holding on strongly to their belief that Honda has launched Mobilio as a direct competition to Ertiga. In No communication, media drive or top management interview has anyone from Honda stated this. In fact all throughout they have been saying that Mobilio will occupy a space which exists between Ertiga and Innova, which I believe it does in terms of space. If most of the consumers don't believe so then I would blame Honda marketing team for this failure.

3. I don't know if anyone has put their thoughts into this. Honda per month on an average sells 15,000 units while Maruti sells 95,000 units. So essentially, Honda's 6.3 months sale is equal to Maruti's 1 month sale. Can you imagine the economies of scale Maruti would be enjoying on every unit sold and hence the profits? If you look at Amaze which is priced at 4.99 lacs and compare that with Dzire which is sold at 4.85 lacs, is this gap of 14k justified? Amaze on an average sells 7k units per month while Dzire sells a whopping 18k units per month. Why not blame Maruti for pocketing huge profits? In FY13 Honda India made a loss of INR 1,300 crore. Compare that with Maruti which made a profit of INR 2,469 crore.

I think people should restraint themselves before posting comments about Honda being greedy for profits. At least these numbers don't suggest so.
That's the height of fanboyism! Are cars segmented my body style or with a Plastic Ruler? Going by your own statement, which Honda Brochure mentions the Mobilo is between Ertiga and Innova? And do tell us if a separate segment should be created for Mobilo in the July Sales Chart else you might feel bad when people discuss about it's sales in comparison to Ertiga, Innova etc.

And what's your point with the financials? That's the most ridiculous comparison I've seen in recent times.

P.S: I haven't seen a Mobilo in person.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 14:34   #305
BHPian

Here's the feature vs cost difference between the three variants. (Does not include the RS though).

Difference between E & S variants

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-e-s-difference.jpg

Difference between S & V variants

Honda Mobilio : Official Review-s-v-difference.jpg

I can understand the variance of 10,000/- in cost difference (petrol vs diesel) between S & V variants due to ABS available on V variant of petrol.

But what justifies the 30,000/- variance in cost difference (petrol vs diesel) between E & S variants? Is that a premium pricing on base diesel variant "E"?

Am I missing something here?
mrbaddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 15:18   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
That's the height of fanboyism! Are cars segmented my body style or with a Plastic Ruler? Going by your own statement, which Honda Brochure mentions the Mobilo is between Ertiga and Innova? And do tell us if a separate segment should be created for Mobilo in the July Sales Chart else you might feel bad when people discuss about it's sales in comparison to Ertiga, Innova etc.
As you are aware, the segment classifications are released by SIAM and is not defined by manufacturers or by me. There is a gap /void / segment which currently exists between Ertiga and Innova which Honda with Mobilio is trying to occupy. Never did I mention that we need to have a new segment classification specifically created for Mobilio.

While EcoSport and Duster both fall in C2 segment, does EcoSport really belong in C2? Maybe or Maybe not. For me it does not because EcoSport looks like a hatch with a higher ground clearance. Am I saying that we need to create a new segment classification for EcoSport - No

Also, just because EcoSport has better features and better interiors, I don't expect Duster to drop the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
And what's your point with the financials? That's the most ridiculous comparison I've seen in recent times.
I am amused that you did not find it ridiculous when someone on this forum commented about Honda trying to pocket higher profits and find it strange when I point out the same for Maruti. I have mentioned in my past posts as well, every company exists to make profits, they are not running a NGO.
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 15:53   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
As you are aware, the segment classifications are released by SIAM and is not defined by manufacturers or by me. There is a gap /void / segment which currently exists between Ertiga and Innova which Honda with Mobilio is trying to occupy. Never did I mention that we need to have a new segment classification specifically created for Mobilio.
Sorry, but based on what criteria is Mobilio in a different segment than Ertiga? Is it by size? By price? or by the engines? Except the slightly longer body, the Mobilio is actually smaller than the Ertiga.
Name:  mobilio.png
Views: 13497
Size:  83.1 KB
Price cannot be a criteria, as then you would have to claim that the Merc C class is in the same segment as an Accord.

If it is engine capacity, is the Altis D4D and Figo in the same segment? As such we see a wide range of engines in the same segment depending on the type of customers they are targeting.

Innova is miles ahead in dimensions, space, engines and price .

Quote:
While EcoSport and Duster both fall in C2 segment, does EcoSport really belong in C2? Maybe or Maybe not. For me it does not because EcoSport looks like a hatch with a higher ground clearance. Am I saying that we need to create a new segment classification for EcoSport - No

Also, just because EcoSport has better features and better interiors, I don't expect Duster to drop the price.
Cars get compared by the virtues it offer to the customers. Ecosport and Duster offer similar virtues, and certainly would get compared to each other. They often figure together in people's shopping lists. Similarly, Mobilio is more likely to figure along with Ertiga in somebody's shopping list than together with the Innova.
blacksport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 16:13   #308

First of thanks to GTO for posting beautiful review and also thanks to many other members who shared their own experience with Ertiga and other cars in comparison with Mobilio.

Like few others even I was waiting from couple of months for Honda to launch Mobilio and to decide whether to go for Ertiga or Mobilio? After reading full 20 pages of comments posted by many experienced members and some nice debate on pocketing higher profits by one or other manufacturer, I just visited Maruti and Honda showroom.

For me decision factor is not interior or exterior styling/finishing of car but,

1) Better Driving experience on long trips. 500+ kms (Choice is Ertiga because of high seating offered, even I found little less under thigh support for driver in Mobilio unless you push back driving seat too far.)
2) Any passenger should be able to sit in 3rd row for 2~3 hours. (Now most of us knows Ertiga scores over Mobilio on this point and I experienced it by sitting in Mobilio for a while)
3) Enough legroom for 2nd row passenger when first row is at adequate position for my driving style. (I am 5'10" and usually don't position driving seat very far or very close to steering) (Mobilio has better leg room no doubt but I felt even Ertiga offers adequate space so why are we complaining about legroom in Ertiga?)
4) Comfortable seating of 3 passengers in 2nd row. (In Mobilio I felt little tighter then Ertiga)

Sadly, Mobilio disappoints on all these key decision factors which are important for anyone who is looking for 5+2 seater with similar reasons.

I am also looking for SRS and this made me compare only highend models of Ertiga and Mobilo. Even if I consider better engine and good mileage offered by Honda I think its not worth to pay much price difference!

Since TD car is not ready with Honda dealer in Bangalore (Whitefield Honda) I will wait for couple of days however all above factors have influenced my decision to move on to Ertiga.

Last edited by Rev2Run : 25th July 2014 at 16:15.
Rev2Run is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 17:27   #309
BHPian

Excellent comparison between the Mobilio and Ertiga in the below article.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...parison/19234/

Finally it comes down to below 3 factors:

1. badge value,
2. if budget constraints are there,
3. design

Personally I love the rear of Mobilio and the middle seats is the one where you want to be in Mobilio. Although the plain interiors do not do justice considering the car will cost upwards of 1 million.
Old 25th July 2014, 18:51   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest TVC of the Mobilio:

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 19:04   #311
BANNED

Quote:
Latest TVC of the Mobilio:
What happened to poor Kapil Sharma?

----------------------

24 kmpl, isn't it a bit optimistic?

How much does your Empress give buddy?

Anurag.
Old 25th July 2014, 19:11   #312
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post

Personally I love the rear of Mobilio and the middle seats is the one where you want to be in Mobilio. Although the plain interiors do not do justice considering the car will cost upwards of 1 million.
Yes, the rear looks stylish from outside compared to somewhat boxy rear of Ertiga.
However, this stylish rear results in a reduced height (especially in the rear portion) and I believe, it has forced Honda to reduce the height of third row seats, which resuts in a less than comfortable third row seat. if you increase the height of third seats, it will result probably in a reduced head room for 3rd row occupants.

Regards,
JLS
Old 25th July 2014, 19:30   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What happened to poor Kapil Sharma?

----------------------

24 kmpl, isn't it a bit optimistic?

How much does your Empress give buddy?

Anurag.
Guess the launch pricing scared him off!

As for the ARAI figure, I think they are close to real-time figures of the i-DTEC.

Empress gives 22 kmpl inside city (with ACC on) and 24-25 kmpl overall on the highways (with ACC on). I am guessing 19-20 kmpl for the Mobilio inside the city, and ~23 on the highways. Reduce 1-2 kmpl for a full load (7 passengers +/- boot stuff), either way.

The i-DTEC is a sweet little performer when it comes to FE, no doubt.

News coming in for the Mobilio's bookings is that it's a HUGE 85:15 split in favor of diesels, so that's a clear indication of where the market is going for this MPV.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th July 2014 at 19:34.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 22:33   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

With the atrocious pricing and now this TV ad, you really come to know that Honda has really really lost the plot with the Mobilio. Sorry to say but that ad is absolutely hilarious.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 00:12   #315
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
With the atrocious pricing and now this TV ad, you really come to know that Honda has really really lost the plot with the Mobilio. Sorry to say but that ad is absolutely hilarious.
It is indeed hilarious to see three generations of the same family act as wannabe rapsters!

To give those ad-makers some credit, at least they tried to be different.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks