Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2016, 16:30   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
As I have mentioned before, the relay used in my SX4 is of the same rating(15A) as that in my Celerio.
Exactly what I wanted to know. Is this mentioned anywhere in the manual as well, the relay rating I mean?

And you're right, most horns have a max rating of 6A. In fact Minda's catalogue for India doesn't have any horn, including trumpet, that exceeds the 6A rating.

What about the wiring part, I'm a total noob to car electricals so anything to be careful of when getting the horn job done coz wouldn't twin horns mean extra wiring?
Old 14th September 2016, 16:35   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Exactly what I wanted to know. Is this mentioned anywhere in the manual as well, the relay rating I mean?

And you're right, most horns have a max rating of 6A. In fact Minda's catalogue for India doesn't have any horn, including trumpet, that exceeds the 6A rating.

What about the wiring part, I'm a total noob to car electricals so anything to be careful of when getting the horn job done coz wouldn't twin horns mean extra wiring?

Relay rating will be printed on the relay itself. There is wiring for one horn, just use a pair of splices and wire the second horn in parallel with the required connector for the horn. Else create a parallel harness to connect both horns and then make a link to the existing horn connectors. That way the factory wiring will be left untouched.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 17:25   #378

Maruthi Celerio - Brake pedal noise and Mileage concern

Hello all,
This is my first post in Team BHP and I am about to share my limited experience with Maruti Celerio ZXI AMT (O). I have recently purchased this vehicle 20 days back (first vehicle) and done with the first service after 700 KMS, since I had to go for a long drive.

I have a few questions/Observations about the vehicle and I am looking for some advice on the same.

Things I liked are
1. Good boot space, Nice ground clearance and the AMT technology.

Things I am concerned are
1. The seat is not really comfortable..Have slight neck pain even if i sit in comfortable position

2. When the vehicle is stable and if i push the brakes and release it, I hear a mild noise..which I dont like. Is the Brake pedal rubbing with pivot? not sure about the problem

3. The dealer and manufacturer promised a mileage of 16-18 in city and around 20 in High way. Before the first service I used to get 12 KMPL and after service I get 15 KMPL. I have taken it for chennai - Trichy highway and the mileage is still 15 KMPL. the average speed was 80-110 KMPH. is not it significantly lower than 20 KMPL what Maruti promoised?

Having said that I am a conservative driver and I don't accelerate harsh. The AMT option is fantastic which eases the pressure and I am comfortable attending con calls while driving. Thanks Maruthi for that.

Experts out here, if you could kindly advice me where am i going wrong with 1, 2 and 3, it will really help me.
Old 16th September 2016, 19:18   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruthi Celerio - Brake pedal noise and Mileage concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Prasad Ram View Post
Hello all,

Having said that I am a conservative driver and I don't accelerate harsh.

The FE figures you have quoted is too low. My ZXI(O) is just 1050km old but has been giving more than 19 kmpl. I am not a conservative driver at all. I drive on the same Trichy-Chennai highway, and most of the time at 120 kmph. For your style, you should be getting atleast 20 and above on the highways. AMT is as efficient as the manual. Check with the A.S.S.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 16th September 2016 at 19:20.
Old 17th September 2016, 09:39   #380
BHPian

Hi All,
Got my Zxi MT (O) on 14th September and have 100 km on Odo. Below are my initial observations, trying not to mention points already covered elsewhere.

Please note I have not yet gotten over my bias with my beloved Zen which I still believe was one of the best cars for city driving in India.

At the delivery exit, the showroom filled 5 litres & the low fuel warning light still persisted. So I think it is safe to assume that the next time the warning light starts blinking you still have atleast 5 litres to reach the nearest pump.

The steering wheel very badly obstructs view of the dash board while turning, overall its spokes are too thick.

The A pillar is too thick and obstructs view in turns and curves, need to go much slowly.

Is it just me, the K10B almost feels/ sounds like the ddis (please no brickbats from diesel lovers challenging my temerity to compare the two) The K10B is definitely a overall significant improvement over K10.

Nvh levels are pretty much acceptable at this budget range
Other than the Wiper and light stalks in steering column, the overall plastic quality is not acceptable at this price range.

Sound quality is "good, acceptable, decent". Can't expect top notch OEM ICE at this price range.
Old 18th September 2016, 19:00   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I made this wiring myself, please refer to this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4059198

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post

The steering wheel very badly obstructs view of the dash board while turning, overall its spokes are too thick.

The A pillar is too thick and obstructs view in turns and curves, need to go much slowly.

Is it just me, the K10B almost feels/ sounds like the ddis (please no brickbats from diesel lovers challenging my temerity to compare the two) The K10B is definitely a overall significant improvement over K10.
Even I had issues with the A pillar while taking turns. Same is the case with the SX4, hence I pull the seat all the way back and this solves the problem. However, I feel this will be an issue for short people.

I really didnt find the Celerio engine noisy, after driving the same engine in the WagonR for the last four years. Not sure if there is a difference in the manual and the automatic.
Old 19th September 2016, 17:01   #382

Re: Maruthi Celerio - Brake pedal noise and Mileage concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
The FE figures you have quoted is too low. My ZXI(O) is just 1050km old but has been giving more than 19 kmpl. I am not a conservative driver at all. I drive on the same Trichy-Chennai highway, and most of the time at 120 kmph. For your style, you should be getting atleast 20 and above on the highways. AMT is as efficient as the manual. Check with the A.S.S.
I took the car to an authorized dealer. They did some basic search using a software by logging data from the car and said all the parameters are good and we cannot do anything. So the problem is still on and I am clueless
Old 19th September 2016, 22:58   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Even I had issues with the A pillar while taking turns. Same is the case with the SX4, hence I pull the seat all the way back and this solves the problem. However, I feel this will be an issue for short people.

I really didnt find the Celerio engine noisy, after driving the same engine in the WagonR for the last four years. Not sure if there is a difference in the manual and the automatic.
Yes, I am 5'5" and facing difficulty, yesterday I almost rammed into another vehicle on a sharp turn Have to be much much more careful and slow while turning.
Sorry, I didn't mean to say Celerio is noisy. Was more referring on the sheer power and drive-ability, so sometimes at 3K RPM it does sound similar to DDIS. So either you can consider this noisy or DDIS silent I just expressed my initial reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Prasad Ram View Post
I took the car to an authorized dealer. They did some basic search using a software by logging data from the car and said all the parameters are good and we cannot do anything. So the problem is still on and I am clueless
I am constantly monitoring the real time FE and also as per the manual, not accelerating harsh is not enough, the key is in maintaining consistent soft touch on the pedal. Everytime I take the foot off the pedal without even changing gears, the FE drops quite a bit.
Old 20th September 2016, 08:35   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to say Celerio is noisy. Was more referring on the sheer power and drive-ability, so sometimes at 3K RPM it does sound similar to DDIS. So either you can consider this noisy or DDIS silent I just expressed my initial reaction.
Oh sorry I mistook the sentence. Try raising the seat to the highest position and not pushing the seat too forward and check if it works. I am 5'11 and I dont find it a serious issue, though I admit the pillar obstructs the view.

Quote:

I am constantly monitoring the real time FE and also as per the manual, not accelerating harsh is not enough, the key is in maintaining consistent soft touch on the pedal. Everytime I take the foot off the pedal without even changing gears, the FE drops quite a bit.
Things that work in favour of good FE are(from an automatic perspective):
  • Coasting in gear or if in city speeds, locking the transmission in 3rd, 4th or 5th and decelerating slowly to a stop. The transmission has a tendency to shift up gears fast, and shift down early. In city traffic, sometimes its better to hold a gear like 3 or 4 instead of wasting time and fuel shifting up and down, and having to gun the pedal down.
  • Light foot on the throttle
  • In D mode, there is a tendency to accelerate and this is a little addictive since the car picks up speed easily. However, it will lead to excessive acceleration and braking and this impacts FE.
  • Hard acceleration doesnt cause that much of a dip in FE. After accelerating, maintain a consistent speed. Since my commute to work in the morning is on empty roads, I gun the accelerator until I reach say 50-60kmph and then ease out completely. It gives a nice feeling and yet does not dip the FE.
Things that dont work in favour of FE:
  • Short distance trips - Around my house in residential areas, the initial two days of short trips had got the FE to 11.xx.
  • In manual mode, pushing the car to higher gears and trying to lug it then after.
So far, on my daily office commute, the avg. FE display shows a consistent 13.5-14kmpl. This with good acceleration runs on empty stretches and lots of bumper to bumper traffic. All with AC. The car has already done 2000kms within the first six weeks.

Things that dont work in favour of FE
Old 20th September 2016, 09:23   #385
BHPian

Quote:
So far, on my daily office commute, the avg. FE display shows a consistent 13.5-14kmpl. This with good acceleration runs on empty stretches and lots of bumper to bumper traffic. All with AC. The car has already done 2000kms within the first six weeks.
Did you check the mileage using the tankful method to know how accurate are the figures displayed by the MID?
Old 20th September 2016, 09:44   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Did you check the mileage using the tankful method to know how accurate are the figures displayed by the MID?
Tankful to tankful I had got 15.4kmpl, but that included a highway run too. Hence, I couldnt verify the actual comparison, since I had reset the MID for city and highway runs. I think whatever is shown on the MID is pretty realistic. City only use had returned me 13.1kmpl two weeks back while the MID was showing 13.5 at that time. For this week, I have reset both trip meter and MID after filling the tank up. Hence by the end of this week, I can get a real picture of mileage for around 300kms inside the city itself.

Since my usage is very high, a rough idea is like this - When the fuel indicator lights up, there is around 5 liters of fuel in the tank. When I fill the tank, only 30.xx liters of fuel gets in. For this 30.xx liters of fuel, I get a range of around 400kms if driven inside the city only. I usually fill up after driving for 380-390kms, which translates to every sunday. This weekend I will get a clear picture of the mileage and comparison to MID.

My wagonR on the other hand used to hardly give 330kms per fill, of around 29-30 liters. The best I had managed was 360.
Old 5th October 2016, 11:38   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
MID is around 5% inaccurate compared to real world FE using tankful to tankful. Last fill the car took 22.4L of petrol and at that time driven for 294kms mainly inside the city that gives an FE of 13.1kmpl. The MID was displaying 13.8kmpl.

Currently done 2800kms within 7 weeks. Last time I filled the tank to the brim with Speed 97 since it would make the high compression engine feel better. After that, took it for a 150km run to my farm and now still at the half tank mark with 220kms done.

On the highway, a steady pace of 90kmph with gradient compensation will return 22-23kmpl easily. Anything above 110 will eat up FE. Last time for a gunned down trip to the same place, I got 18.5kmpl. Not sure if its the driving or the fuel that made the difference. Speed 97 has improved acceleration and the low end performance has also improved, which is letting the transmission stick to gears for longer times before downshifting.

Too bad the price is very high - Rs. 90 per liter which is a considerable difference compared to regular petrol. But since this engine has a higher compression, the difference is much more noticeable than a few other instances where I rarely felt a difference in other cars.

Overall, after doing close to 3k kms within two months, the Celerio has had a positive impression in me as well as my family.

Had one unplanned visit to the service center yesterday since I was hearing an occassional creak from the engine bay. As usual they could not get to know the issue. And also the clutch has started shuddering mildly at some occasions. They reinitialised the transmission which solved the issue to a great extent, but its a hardware issue, and I will press for a clutch change at 5k kms if it gets worse.
Old 17th October 2016, 18:45   #388
Senior - BHPian

I was told by the SA on my last service that an AC filter is much needed for Celerio as it doesn't come with it. What is this AC filter and how important is it for me to get it asap?
Old 17th October 2016, 19:04   #389
BHPian

Quote:
I was told by the SA on my last service that an AC filter is much needed for Celerio as it doesn't come with it. What is this AC filter and how important is it for me to get it asap?
Hi!
It is highly recommended to get the cabin air filter or ac filter installed in your car. Maruti shamelessly ommits this important component out of factory just to save some costs.
Just like how the engine air filter protects dust and debris getting inside the engine, the cabin filter helps eliminating such foreign particles inside the car's cabin through ac vents and also helps keeping the ac components in heallthy shape.
Prolong usage of ac without the ac filter will put more stress on your car's ac system and reduce it's long term effectiveness.

Hope this helps.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 13:23   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hi!
It is highly recommended to get the cabin air filter or ac filter installed in your car. Maruti shamelessly ommits this important component out of factory just to save some costs.
Wow! Need to get this installed asap then, will head to the nearest MGP seller to get this, many thanks!
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks