Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2014, 23:16   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
As per the price list provided by Hyundai S (O) and SX are having 14" Clear Alloys and only SX (Option) is having 15" Diamond cut alloys. Even i have booked a S(O), which will come with Clear Alloys. Have a look here..
Oh ok, thanks for pointing that out.

I was under the impression that SX and SX(O) both come with 15 inch alloys.

Was wrong
Old 27th April 2014, 06:24   #107

My concern was not with the alloys but with the tyres. I wanted the pictures to check if the tyres were Bridgestone or Apollo.

Dealer has said there is a possibility that it could be either one based on the batch which is received from factory.

I'll try and get them swapped to Bridgestone if possible as i prefer it to Apollo
Old 1st May 2014, 21:11   #108
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

How exactly one would describe the sound quality from the OEM system of the Xcent (or Grand for that matter).

I have read conflicting reviews regarding the same - from being medicore to being best in class.

The T-BHP reviews says the quality is "decent". If i were to benchmark the quality of sound (the bass and treble etc.) against an aftermarket system, what would be the right comparison?
Old 1st May 2014, 21:59   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys, How exactly one would describe the sound quality from the OEM system of the Xcent (or Grand for that matter). I have read conflicting reviews regarding the same - from being medicore to being best in class. The T-BHP reviews says the quality is "decent". If i were to benchmark the quality of sound (the bass and treble etc.) against an aftermarket system, what would be the right comparison?
Problem is- this is purely subjective. Even when you mention 'aftermarket system', it ranges from 10k systems to well over a lakh (sometime a couple more too!). And even with the same configuration- the sound can vary a lot based on tuning. What sounds perfect to one person might sound absolute crap to another.

Would be best for you to take a pen drive and check it on the display car in the showroom.
Old 1st May 2014, 23:04   #110
Senior - BHPian

Correct C_D. My only concern is that it should not sound like the crappy Nippon stereos we generally see in budget hatchbacks.

Btw is your car delivered?

Mine has arrived at the dealer stockyard, only awaiting final formalities
from my leasing organization. Hopefully by mid next week i should be taking the delivery.

Last edited by DCEite : 1st May 2014 at 23:05.
Old 2nd May 2014, 00:17   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Btw is your car delivered?
Congrats.

Mine is still (atleast) a month away from delivery- facing the grim consequences of booking an automatic small car in India.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd May 2014 at 00:18.
Old 2nd May 2014, 07:27   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats.

Mine is still (atleast) a month away from delivery- facing the grim consequences of booking an automatic small car in India.
I'm considering the auto sx too and am awaiting info about availability.
The dealer said no offers or discounts at all. Has anybody had any luck with discounts?
Old 2nd May 2014, 09:22   #113
BHPian

Quote:
How exactly one would describe the sound quality from the OEM system of the Xcent (or Grand for that matter).
I have read conflicting reviews regarding the same - from being medicore to being best in class.
The sound is quite decent. I've plugged in a usb. Quality with radio or bluetooth streaming dips. The front speakers sound good for a oem unit. Reasonable bass.The rear speakers are bad, they have no bass. When you shift the fad from front to back. For the same volume the front speakers are much louder.
Eventually I may shift my front speakers to the back and get an amp and components for the front.
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:05   #114

Took Delivery of my Petrol SX(O) on Wednesday. The SA told me that the S variants were ready but the RTO office still does not have them as list of approved models so would take some time.

Sound clarity is good, The speakers are only in front if not wrong will check again. I didn't notice any dip in clarity when USB drive plugged in.

Did notice that the headlight was a bit less powerful when compared to the Swift. Otherwise no complaints with the car.

No discounts whatsoever. Had to push the dealer a lot to get Floor mats.

kolguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:49   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolguy View Post
Took Delivery of my Petrol SX(O) on Wednesday. The SA told me that the S variants were ready but the RTO office still does not have them as list of approved models so would take some time.

Sound clarity is good, The speakers are only in front if not wrong will check again. I didn't notice any dip in clarity when USB drive plugged in.
Congrats, if i am not wrong, you are the first Xcent owner on Team-BHP.

The speakers are on all four doors. Probably because the rear speakers are weak you didn't notice them as much. Try using fader function, then you can confirm.

Any idea on RTO approval for S model in Bangalore?
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:57   #116

Quote:
Any idea on RTO approval for S model in Bangalore?
You are right about the Speaker my bad. I have not yet sat in the back seat either to eager to drive

SA told me it would take one or two weeks before the S variant delivery would start here not sure if its going to be the same in Bangalore.
Old 3rd May 2014, 18:03   #117

Brought home our XCENT SX(O) AT.
Booked on the 8th April, delivered on 30th April.
Here are a few pics
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-cam00278.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-cam00274.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-cam00269.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-cam00284.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-cam00280.jpg  

ankitmahi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 00:49   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolguy View Post
Took Delivery of my Petrol SX(O) on Wednesday. The SA told me that the S variants were ready but the RTO office still does not have them as list of approved models so would take some time. Sound clarity is good, The speakers are only in front if not wrong will check again. I didn't notice any dip in clarity when USB drive plugged in. Did notice that the headlight was a bit less powerful when compared to the Swift. Otherwise no complaints with the car. No discounts whatsoever. Had to push the dealer a lot to get Floor mats.
Congrats... The first ownership on team Bhp. Looks like both of you took delivery on the same date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitmahi View Post
Brought home our XCENT SX(O) AT. Booked on the 8th April, delivered on 30th April. Here are a few pics
Congrats... Please post more on the automatic driving experience, the gearbox in particular since it is not covered in our official review as well.

I have booked a silver SX(O) AT as well, on 14th March, but still have no confirmed delivery date from my dealer. Bad luck or bad dealer I guess. By the way, can you let me know which City/ dealership is yours?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 08:35   #119

Quote:
Congrats... The first ownership on team Bhp. Looks like both of you took delivery on the same date.

Congrats... Please post more on the automatic driving experience, the gearbox in particular since it is not covered in our official review as well.

I have booked a silver SX(O) AT as well, on 14th March, but still have no confirmed delivery date from my dealer. Bad luck or bad dealer I guess. By the way, can you let me know which City/ dealership is yours?
Thank you, I am from chandigarh and the dealer is ultimate hyundai.

This is my first experience of owning an AUTOMATIC. car is primarily for our city run abouts and I think it's the best combination of convenience , safety equipment and technology for the money.

About the gearbox, it is no DSG but shift are really smooth and gradual. We shouldn't be expecting it to shift like a double clutch box but the performance in D mode is more than adequate to putter around in city. Manual or sports mode is really nice to use. This is the biggest change from yesteryear hyundai AT's of the segment, in manual mode it downshifts itself wen not in rev range but doesn't up shift.

The car is for my parents, so the convenience of AT and standard safety feature like ABS, DUAL AIRBAGS were a priority. Hence the XCENT AT.
ankitmahi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 08:53   #120

Quote:
I have booked a silver SX(O) AT as well, on 14th March, but still have no confirmed delivery date from my dealer. Bad luck or bad dealer I guess.
Sad to see you wait so long, I too had my doubts over delivery but we had bought our first car also from same dealer in 2008, and the team that were dealing with us remembered us and courteous enough although I did show my interest in buying seat covers from the dealership itself ( no more accesories are required for sx(o) variant ) of genuine hyundai mobis, so even though small but dealer had something extra to plonk in. Around 5k for the covers.
ankitmahi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks