Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:56   #541
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Anyone having experienced similar issues?
I have experienced this in our earlier Indica Xeta, and I agree with you that it can be a very scary feeling when it occurs unexpectedly.

The very same issue is mentioned by english in post #529 of this thread, and the solution is given in post #532:

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post

Occasionally brake will have a wooden feel and has no effect and stopping power. It is more like the brake is no more power assisted. This happens mostly on very low speed (mostly on bumper to bumper traffic) when the ride is on first or second gear. I can not remember it happened in normal traffic or in highways. When you ride it with half clutch or no clutch in 1st or second gear for sometime, suddenly brake pedal appears as a rock with no effect when pressed. If you press hard for two-three times, it comes back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post

Here is the update of the brake issue.

He told that he will refer this to Hyundai engineer.

Next week, we took a test drive with Hyundai engineer who finally recommended to replace the part called Hose-Brake Booster Vacuum.

It took a while to get the part to be available from Hyundai, but finally after replacement all looks good so far.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd October 2016 at 13:04.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 15:37   #542
Senior - BHPian

BHPians, I would like to draw your attention to a concern we are facing on our Xcent. The car seems to be tilted to 1 side. More details here. I would be thankful is you could share your opinion on the same!
Old 23rd November 2016, 11:45   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai XCent will receive it's first major facelift and arrive in showrooms by March 2017.

The updated XCent will have a front fascia similar to the Grand i10 facelift, due next year, while it's rear will be heavily reworked, as per customer feedback. Interiors will be similar to the current model on sale, with the higher variants touted to be equipped with a touchscreen AVN system.

Engine options are assumed to remain the same.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-ex_x2r.jpg

Quote:
According to company sources, the Xcent’s rear-end will be redesigned substantially to make the car look bigger. We had critiqued the rear styling of the Xcent and pointed out that the tail lamps are too small and that the rear styling lacks road presence. Hyundai’s customers have given the same feedback as ours, based on which the company is redoing the rear styling to give it a bold design more in line with larger Hyundai sedans sold globally. Particular emphasis has been given to the tail lights which are designed to stand out, especially at night. The bumper, rear fender and boot lid too, will be all-new to ensure that the overall look is as cohesive as possible.
ACI

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2016 at 17:10. Reason: Corrected as per source
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 11:57   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
while it's rear will be heavily reworked, as per customer feedback.
This is really a much needed change - the current rear design is pretty ordinary and plain jane with that tiny tail lamps spoiling the look entirely in the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Engine options are assumed to remain the same.
From the below Overdrive link, it seems there will be mechanical changes too - hope they plonk the 1.4 L CRDI instead of the 3 Pot 1.1 L currently on offer. All its competitors have bigger diesels, a proper 4 Pot at that - Dzire (1.3 L DDiS), Amaze (1.5 L iDTec), Zest (1.3 L Quadrajet), Aspire (1.5 L TDCi) and Ameo (1.5 L TDI).

http://overdrive.in/news/hyundai-ind...-half-of-2017/

Quoted from the above link:
Quote:
However, contrary to popular belief, the changes might not be just cosmetic. We hear there might be mechanical updates to the car too. However, specifics are still uncertain.
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:19   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
From the below Overdrive link, it seems there will be mechanical changes too
Details of the engine for the face-lift Xcent emerge,

2017 Hyundai XCent to get a new diesel engine.

Quote:
The new diesel engine is being made from the 1.6-litre diesel engine on the Creta and this will be a 1.2-litre engine. A new three-cylinder diesel engine, which will be powering the 2017 Hyundai XCent facelift.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 20:53   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Another 3 Pot , at least one good thing is the improved power. They may also retain the 1.1 L for the taxi version which bring good volumes for Hyundai.
Old 4th December 2016, 21:25   #547
BHPian

Quote:

Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Another 3 Pot , at least one good thing is the improved power. They may also retain the 1.1 L for the taxi version which bring good volumes for Hyundai.
I have a feeling that they may even continue with the same 1.1L diesel mill and the current existing model to be sold exclusively to the taxi segment (a.l.a. Maruti Dzire tour) and thus maintain exclusivity of the face lift for private vehicles.
Old 23rd January 2017, 20:20   #548
BHPian

Quote:

Link
Hi all,

I am planning to sell my Chevy Beat Petrol and buy Xcent petrol AT 'S' this month. Do you think its worth waiting for 2 months for a facelift or should I go ahead. Already Hyundai has discontinued the AT in higher SX / SX O, not sure why. Also, if anyone has bought the Xcent AT S model recently in Bangalore, please let me know what was the On Road price paid with any discounts.

Do you think Ignis Petrol AMT at price of 8 lacs or so would be a better deal than Xcent AT 'S' in similar price range.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 27th January 2017, 22:08   #549
BHPian

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Let me try to explain what is my requirement. I have two vehicles today, xuv 500 ( bought recently) and Beat. I park both in same parking in apartment. Need to sell Beat and buy an Automatic car as bangalore city traffic is too bad for manual one. Will be driving 40 km to 50 km a day. Car should have width between 1600 mm to 1700 mm and length within 4 m, due to space crunch. Lesser the width, the better. Budget between 6 to 9 lakhs, cheaper the better with some style and good mileage.

Took ride of Kwid amt and ruled it out due to poor amt features and bland car seats.

Celerio amt looked well but heart didn't click with it.

Did ride of Amaze but rubber band effect was a major turn off.

Ameo didn't have good DSG gear ratios for city drive and price also was high.

Ford Aspire was fun to drive but interiors of light beige and price was major turn off.

Hyundai Xcent looked well balanced in terms of ride, width and pricing. But I'm confused whether to buy it or wait for face lift in march. Though I'm getting a good deal for Jan 2017 Xcent AT S model at 8.20 lakhs. Should I buy or wait till march. Showroom says no Xcent dates have come for facelift, which I don't trust.

Ignis, need to visit Nexa but in amt model neither the phablet kinda console is there nor the digital ac controls. Not sure if it's worth the buck of 8 lakhs.

Need some inputs from all of you to come to a conclusion.

Thanks, Sanjeev

Last edited by SanjeevKalra : 27th January 2017 at 22:25.
Old 4th February 2017, 17:56   #550
BHPian

Finally I booked Hyundai Xcent S AT petrol today. Needed a quick car so this looked to be the fastest and balanced option.
Old 4th February 2017, 19:17   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Finally I booked Hyundai Xcent S AT petrol today. Needed a quick car so this looked to be the fastest and balanced option.
Apologies for not replying to your earlier post. I have the SX(o) petrol AT and it is excellent for city driving. It's pretty nimble and easy to drive and hasn't skipped a beat during the 15000 km I have driven. Driving in heavy traffic and narrow streets is very easy with this.
The possible downsides are:
No extended warranty (shocking!)
Not a great highway rider
Poor mileage (as expected in an automatic)
Not the most comfortable driving position (minor issue)
Enjoy the car!
Old 4th February 2017, 19:20   #552
Senior - BHPian

I ve been getting these Xcents of late when ordering Uber X.
They are absolutely superb cars to sit in as a passenger - even on the rear seat.
So extremely comfortable that I was completely floored!
Enough space in the boot for luggage too, for those trips to and from the airport.
Amazing.
I disrespected this vehicle all this time and now have done a complete "Volte Face"!

The same goes for the Etios which is every bit as comfortable for passengers in the rear seats and seems to have an inexhaustible capacity for luggage in its boot as well!
Old 5th February 2017, 00:50   #553
BHPian

Hi BenjiRoss and Shankar, thanks for the feedback. I am going to drive the car strictly in city for office going. Me and my wife alternate cars regularly for going to office.

Mileage, I had read mixed reports and should be able to live or manage with it.

For extended warranty I'm planning to tweet to hyundai today and see where it goes.

Thanks for the replies once again.
Old 8th February 2017, 21:36   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post

Mileage, I had read mixed reports and should be able to live or manage with it.

For extended warranty I'm planning to tweet to hyundai today and see where it goes.

Thanks for the replies once again.
The mileage is not a deal breaker for me.
Tweeting Hyundai about extended warranty drew a blank for me. Standard response asking for my phone number and promising a call back with no action for one year and then I have up. Can you share your tweet link to me when possible. I can retweet it to highlight the extended warranty issue for my car too.
Old 9th February 2017, 09:43   #555
BHPian

Hi Benji, here is the tweet link. I did get call yesterday from Hyundai and they said they don't have extended warranty on AT for Xcent. Then lady said someone from regional office will call me and hung the line. Quite poor service as compared to Mahindra. Here is the tweet link.

https://twitter.com/ksanjeeev/status/827960752661155840

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks