Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 12:47   #481
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I have done a few long highway runs and hilly roads and rough roads and none of the wheels have come off!
Thanks Am fairly new to driving, so sometimes get worried
Old 28th January 2016, 23:32   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
Thanks. I was worried that something was loose and the car/tyres would not be stable at high speeds.
As Benji mentioned, there is no need to worry about stability in highways, but yes the suspension is in the softer side. It would've been much better if the suspension is little firmer, but no worries for me till now.

Myself has done a couple of drives to Yercaud, some more long drives to Pondy, Hosur, etc. and feels the Xcent is planted and stable but I never pushed it beyond 120 .

In fact, if you want further proof there is one BHPian who took Xcent for a long 11K journey for 45 days and came back satisfied and mentioned that it the earlier posts of this same thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3670801

Happy motoring .
Old 26th February 2016, 23:05   #483
BHPian

Guys,

I got my Xcent SX(O) on 19th Feb (last Friday). Today as I was parking my car, my dad noticed that the left tail-light was not working.

Am shocked. Its just a week old with less than 120kms in the Odo. And, I'm pretty sure that I did not get any hit.

What could be the reason?
Old 27th February 2016, 12:37   #484
Senior - BHPian

Xcent is fast becoming the cabbies preferred sedan.

The Logans got replaced by the Dzire Tours and Etios.
Is Xcent now replacing the Etios?

A 400 lts boot space in the Xcent coupled with a decent mileage and good Hyundai after sales may also contribute to its success in the fleet business.
Old 27th February 2016, 13:20   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Am shocked. Its just a week old with less than 120kms in the Odo. And, I'm pretty sure that I did not get any hit.

What could be the reason?
Most likely a fused bulb. No reason to be shocked, just take it to Hyundai and they'll check and replace the bulb.
Old 27th February 2016, 22:37   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Most likely a fused bulb. No reason to be shocked, just take it to Hyundai and they'll check and replace the bulb.
Shocked bcoz it's a brand new car and couldn't fathom a fused bulb within a week.

Anyways, took it to service centre and got it rectified. The bulb had come out of it's socket. Dunno how
Old 5th March 2016, 20:07   #487
JD1
BHPian

Past few weeks I have not been happy with AC performance. (10 months now/just 5000 kms). Last week I took to service center and they cleaned the dust on AC filter (I had already changed the Air filter in November - it was full dark after usage of just 6 months!). Now again AC is performing well after the cleanup. He recommended I get the AC filter checked again and maybe replaced during 1 year service.
Anyone else faced problems with AC filter getting dirty? This is in Bangalore.
Old 14th March 2016, 12:47   #488
BHPian

Guys, I got a car-cover last week. Unfortunately, while buying the cover, I failed to note that it doesn't have the pockets for either the rear-view mirrors or the roof-antenna.

Is it okay to put the car cover on top of the antenna as it is? I'm afraid that the antenna might bend or break.

I noted that the antenna is just screwed on to its socket and it is easily removable. However, removing the antenna while putting the car-cover (once or twice a week) regularly might loosen up the thread/screw.

Please advise.
Old 14th March 2016, 20:20   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Xcent is fast becoming the cabbies preferred sedan.
Seeing lot of Xcent taxis in Chennai too and from a showroom brochure I have seen that they have a separate category for Taxi which is lower than the Base variant - the main difference is the absence of ABS. Also, this will tell us whether the Xcent is reliable over long period of ownership - which I am intended to do .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Past few weeks I have not been happy with AC performance. (10 months now/just 5000 kms).
The A/C performance is one of the cons with the Xcent - even its hatchback sibling i10 Grand fares better in this department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Guys, I got a car-cover last week. Unfortunately, while buying the cover, I failed to note that it doesn't have the pockets for either the rear-view mirrors or the roof-antenna.

Is it okay to put the car cover on top of the antenna as it is? I'm afraid that the antenna might bend or break.

I noted that the antenna is just screwed on to its socket and it is easily removable. However, removing the antenna while putting the car-cover (once or twice a week) regularly might loosen up the thread/screw.

Please advise.
You can remove the antenna before covering the car and fix it after un-covering it - it's perfectly fine since I have been doing this for the past one year without any issues. But do not cover the car with the antenna, since it will sure bend the antenna and will be ugly looking.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 20:45   #490
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Has anyone been able to fit a handrest successfully? I understand the rear air-con can create an issue. Any inputs would be much appreciated?

- Ashish
Old 15th March 2016, 10:55   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Seeing lot of Xcent taxis in Chennai too and from a showroom brochure I have seen that they have a separate category for Taxi which is lower than the Base variant - the main difference is the absence of ABS. Also, this will tell us whether the Xcent is reliable over long period of ownership - which I am intended to do .

The A/C performance is one of the cons with the Xcent - even its hatchback sibling i10 Grand fares better in this department.

Dear JP

Xcent Base is devoid of all creaturely comforts,

No Rear PW, No Rear AC Vents, No Music System, Defogger, Wheel Caps etc.

It is a variant that has a AC and a EPS.
As you hae correctly mentioned, AC is not one of the virtues of the Xcent.

It is poor in cooling and also has an effect on the 1.1 underpowered Diesel heart.
In terms of long term reliability, I guess it should make the mark considering Hyundai cars are reasonably reliable and robust.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 12:03   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
My total bill for the second free service came to ₹2522. A lot of the amount is taxes!
I have got done with the 2nd free service for our Xcent Petrol and the bill amount comes to 2581. Only oil change and the Wheel alignment and balancing as part of regular service.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-hyundai_xcent_2nd_free_service.jpg

I see 640 for Wheel alignment and 140 per wheel for balancing, which I think is more than normal, but both the labor rate chart in the showroom and the Hyundai Care app shows the same amount.

Edit: The amount mentioned was specific for Chennai and it changes based on the city where the Showroom is located. For Rest of India, I see 490 for wheel alignment and 90 per wheel for balancing, in the Hyundai Care app.

Last edited by jpcoolguy : 21st March 2016 at 12:05.
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:23   #493
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if Hyundai plans to offer extended warranty on the Xcent Petrol Automatic at all?
My dealer is sure they will but the standard response is "by next month" for the past 18 months! I have emailed Hyundai more than 5 times in the last one year and gotten only their standard automated response (almost memorised it by now!) They have avoided responding to my tweets after initially promising a response.
I'm quite disappointed by their tendency to avoid responding to phonecalls, emails and tweets.
Obviously the fact that they haven't yet offered an extended warranty on the petrol automatic (even though every other automatic in their stable has an extended warranty) two years after the launch does not inspire confidence in the long term abilities if the car. Hyundai usually offers standard 5 year warranty in a lot of countries.
Old 5th May 2016, 11:28   #494
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

I am planning to book the Xcent SX(o) AT; The local dealer in Mumbai told me that, it is being discontinued? How true is the news? Is it to do with the car now being sold to cabbies?

Or a face-lift is on the unveil?
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 22:51   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hi Team,

I am planning to book the Xcent SX(o) AT; The local dealer in Mumbai told me that, it is being discontinued? How true is the news? Is it to do with the car now being sold to cabbies?

Or a face-lift is on the unveil?
No extended warranty and now a possible discontinuation. Doesn't sound good.
I was thinking they may change the gear box!
When launched, the Xcent SXO AT was one of the few budget cars that had all safety features in an automatic. Pity if it is not sustainable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks