Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2014, 20:03   #301
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

From a performance standpoint I have felt the SX (O) to be pretty good. The petrol engine is good and peppy enough. I have used SX (O) AT for the last few months and have always felt the engine to be appropriate for the power and efficiency.

Cheers
Rajain
Old 20th December 2014, 10:24   #302
Team-BHP Support

Any news on the extended warranty options for AT variants? My dealer still doesn't have a clue if / when Hyundai will come up with this option.

A shame since the AT variants seem to be very popular, atleast on the forum.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 20:18   #303
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any news on the extended warranty options for AT variants? My dealer still doesn't have a clue if / when Hyundai will come up with this option.

Took a TD of SX(O) AT today (Trident Hyundai, Hosur Rd, Bangalore) and the extended warranty column in price sheet was blank - so still not offered and SA had no clue when they will start offering.
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 17:38   #304
BHPian

I was trying to book an Xcent AT in Chennai. Checked with 2 dealers in OMR and both of them said they can take booking only for white color . Yet to check with other dealers here. Also the year end offer is 5K .
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:16   #305
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
I was trying to book an Xcent AT in Chennai. Checked with 2 dealers in OMR and both of them said they can take booking only for white color . Yet to check with other dealers here. Also the year end offer is 5K .
In Bangalore, the year end offer is free insurance and basic accessories for in-stock cars. One dealer told me they have stopped production since 15-Dec and another told me they will resume on 15-Jan (didn't make any sense why they would not resume on 1-Jan!!). The first dealer quoted a price hike of 10K from Hyundai for SX(O) AT plus whatever excise hike.
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:29   #306
BANNED

Quote:
Here in pune also same situation, One dealer told me that company only have stock of white color so can be order only white.

Hi,

Can anybody give me feedback about IDBI auto loan. Finance person from dealer is insisting IDBI for financing the Xcent.
Sorry if this not the correct forum for this question.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd December 2014 at 21:34. Reason: back to back posts
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:41   #307

Quote:
I took a twilight blue AT 2 weeks back. I was given silver, red or white as the choices available for delivery with in 2 weeks and other colors would take 2 months. I pushed them back and got delivery in 3 weeks. I got from dsc. Let me one if you need contact of the sales guy.
VolBrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:44   #308
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
They sure are!!! Hyundai themselves must be quite surprised at the response to the Xcent AT. Every member who has posted on this page (before me) either owns, or is in the process of buying, or has decided to purchase the Xcent AT. A fabulous choice!

Hyundai seem to have underestimated the demand for the AT variants. This sounds like the most likely reason for delivery delays and limited availability of certain colours for the Automatic cars, as reported by members from different cities.

I hope this solid, sustained and growing demand for Xcent AT makes them realise their mistake in not providing the Grand i10 AT with safety features like airbags and ABS. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I have to keep repeating that a Grand i10 AT with airbags and ABS would be the ideal choice for many!

Last edited by RSR : 23rd December 2014 at 14:48.
Old 23rd December 2014, 18:27   #309
BANNED

Hi,

Xcent is having white color in solid and other colors in metallic, also their is less 3500/- for white color.
But same pattern is not in elite i20/verna. Does it mean that i20's white color is metallic? Is their differnce in white color of xcent and i20?
Old 24th December 2014, 02:58   #310
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarsw View Post
Hi,

Xcent is having white color in solid and other colors in metallic, also their is less 3500/- for white color.
But same pattern is not in elite i20/verna. Does it mean that i20's white color is metallic? Is their differnce in white color of xcent and i20?
Hi pawarsw,

The white shade on the Xcent is termed "Pure White" (colour code - PJW) and the i20's shade of white is called "Polar White" (colour code - RBC) by Hyundai, according to their website.

So there is indeed a difference in the white colour of the Xcent and that of the i20. However, I don't know whether the i20's white is a solid colour or not.

Last edited by RSR : 24th December 2014 at 03:09.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 11:54   #311
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai is rumoured to be considering a 1.4-litre diesel engine for the Xcent.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 14:15   #312
i10
BHPian

Considering? They should be in the launch planning phase now - those engine is one reason an otherwise competent product isn't selling the way it should.
i10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 18:24   #313
BHPian

Thats a much needed upgrade from Hyundai. 1.1L is just not sufficient for XCENT. This will definitely make it more relevant in the segment and make it on par with dZire or Amaze.

I am curios as it how much of an impact will this have cost-wise? Any ideas there?
skotha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 17:03   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hyundai is rumoured to be considering a 1.4-litre diesel engine for the Xcent.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post
Considering? They should be in the launch planning phase now - those engine is one reason an otherwise competent product isn't selling the way it should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skotha View Post
Thats a much needed upgrade from Hyundai. 1.1L is just not sufficient for XCENT. This will definitely make it more relevant in the segment and make it on par with dZire or Amaze.

I am curios as it how much of an impact will this have cost-wise? Any ideas there?
1.4 in Xcent is certainly welcome. The 1.1 can barely perform, be it hatch or sedan.
However, what makes me wonder is overlap Hyundai will inject with 1.4 Xcent. Already there is more than enough overlap among Grand i10, Xcent and Elite i20 when we factor in petrol motor.
The 1.4 diesel Xcent will certainly result in a price increase bridging the gap between Xcent and Elite i20.
Hyundai should have given Xcent a 1.4 in de-tuned form from day one. A smaller 1.2 derived from 1.4 would also have done the job for Xcent, be it performance or placement/position in market.
Considering slightly premium segment targeted by Elite i20, a de-tuned 1.4 should fit the bill for Xcent.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 21:31   #315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Considering slightly premium segment targeted by Elite i20, a de-tuned 1.4 should fit the bill for Xcent.
Considering the Elite i20 is off to a super start in the market- I don't think Elite i20 would be affected if the 1.4L engine is shared with the Xcent.

However- the same 1.4L can transform the Xcent diesel into a superior package for the segment. Best performance, best quality, best features, almost class- leading space. Should be tough competition for the DZire.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks