Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2014, 10:45   #271
BHPian

Thanks Suman, On road in Bangalore for S(O) AT was 7.7L including b2b insurance. My first tankful returned me 10 in the city. Second tankful with mysore trip thrown in (approximately 50%city and 50% highway) gave me 13. Third tankful with really bad city traffic with long idling times returned 9.5. All in all its been a pleasant experience so far and welcome change from Scorpio as far city driving is concerned. However, I still use Scorpio for my highway drives.
Old 6th October 2014, 22:05   #272
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Its been 4 months and couple of thousand kms. Never felt that car was unstable at high speeds (100+) or unresponsive steering. Probably the reason is change of tyres, which made steering gain a slight weight. Ride to has become a bit harder, but cornering and handling has become better. On the power front, i would say its more suited for city use than highway. Anybody tried any tuning boxes or remaps yet.
Old 9th October 2014, 20:09   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Its been 4 months and couple of thousand kms. ....
Can you please throw some light on FE ?
Old 9th October 2014, 21:40   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
Can you please throw some light on FE ?
Highway mileage has been around 20-ish Kmpl and city has been like 15-16 Kmpl.
Old 10th October 2014, 01:00   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Highway mileage has been around 20-ish Kmpl and city has been like 15-16 Kmpl.
Thats impressive.

Now really getting confused between Xcent and Zest. Planning to buy in December in the hope of getting some discount or offer.
Old 13th October 2014, 09:55   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
Thats impressive.

Now really getting confused between Xcent and Zest. Planning to buy in December in the hope of getting some discount or offer.
Here is something that you can have a look to help make your decision.

Old 18th October 2014, 23:02   #277
cnu
BHPian

Took delivery of our Xcent SX(O) Auto last week after a wait of almost a month. Haven't seen a black xcent on this forum yet, so mine would be the first one probably. Some pictures below.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-xcent2.png

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-xcent3.png

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-xcent1.png

Initial impressions:

Positives:
1) The quality of the interiors, NVH and the overall refinement levels are top notch. Was very much impressed with these.
2) Smart key, push start, reverse parking camera (integrated into the RVM), bluetooth are very convenient and a breeze.
3) Steering provides good feel at low speeds, not too light.
4) The integrated audio and the speakers are decent.
5) The rear seat comfort and the leg room is decent enough.

Negatives (mostly minor):
1) Lack of dead pedal. May not be a concern for manual variants, but I felt a dire need for the auto version.
2) Insufficient/lack of illumination on the driver side door panel switches. Have to search in the dark to find the right buttons. Also, no illumination on the head lamp leveling switch.
3) During nights, can't make out the current gear easily by looking at the gear indicators (P,R,N,D). The current gear should have been shown in a different color rather than just brightening it up little bit compared to other gears.
4) Can't navigate the media files from the steering mount controls, have to use the knobs on the music system.
5) Missing some of the simple features like auto door lock, FE indication on the MID on an otherwise well loaded car.

FE: Initial 250km run returned about 9.6kmpl in pretty bad bumper to bumper Bangalore (ITPL,KRPuram) traffic with AC on all the time and a lot of idling. Measured by tank full method.
cnu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 23:31   #278
BHPian

Hi is there any way to dim the dashboard and front panel lights in the night. Also what is the recommended tire pressure for the 165/65 R 14 tires
Old 29th October 2014, 08:18   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Took delivery of our Xcent SX(O) Auto last week after a wait of almost a month. Haven't seen a black xcent on this forum yet, so mine would be the first one probably. Some pictures below.
Many congratulations.Black looks stunning. Wish you many miles of happy driving.
Old 7th November 2014, 12:16   #280
BANNED

From lot of posts petrol mileage seems to be very bad, less than 10 in city.

I think I should rethink before booking this car.
Old 7th November 2014, 13:59   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarsw View Post
From lot of posts petrol mileage seems to be very bad, less than 10 in city.

I think I should rethink before booking this car.

Please read the posts carefully, mileage quoted is for Automatic. I myself own an automatic xcent and get about 10 Kmpl in Bangalore City. Highway mileage is about 15.

Manual should give you much better mileage.
Old 8th November 2014, 14:46   #282
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
Many congratulations.Black looks stunning. Wish you many miles of happy driving.
Thanks motorlover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Manual should give you much better mileage.
Many have reported about 12-13kmpl on the manual in the city traffic.
Old 10th November 2014, 14:35   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Took delivery of our Xcent SX(O).......
@cnu

How would you term the rear seat of the Xcent ? Ok for 3 people ? Or say 2 people + Infant car seat ? We had done a TD of the Xcent long time back so sort of forgot.
If we plan to buy a new car (too much hassle with used), we may be going for the Xcent SX(O) AT only.
Also how much did it cost you final price ? In Mumbai, I had got final price in ballpark of 8.7 Lakh OTR. We were mighty impressed by the fit and finish of the car and the interiors were just awesome. The rear seats reclining a bit gave a very plush relaxed seating arrangement. This was just immediately after we TD the Brio AT. But family rejected the brio for being small car for the price and weird looking back and very tiny boot.
I could see my dad really liking the Xcent.

I know AT Xcent is not great in terms of mileage (may be that's why doesn't give the FE on its MID) but for not a frequent car user like me, I believe it may not really be a concern.

Btw what other cars you considered before drilling down to Xcent Automatic. Asking because I am looking for only automatic and manual is totally out of picture.

Last edited by raksrules : 10th November 2014 at 14:36.
Old 10th November 2014, 14:53   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
How would you term the rear seat of the Xcent ? Ok for 3 people ? Or say 2 people + Infant car seat?
A minor point: I find that - in general - its easier to seat 3 people, than 2 people + 1 child seat. So, while your question implies that 2+1 needs lesser space than 3, I think it'll be the other way around: 3 people can bend and adjust around, but a hard and unyielding child seat will make it difficult for the other 2.
Old 11th November 2014, 20:22   #285
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
How would you term the rear seat of the Xcent ? Ok for 3 people ? Or say 2 people + Infant car seat ? We had done a TD of the Xcent long time back so sort of forgot.
Rear seat is very comfortable with good back support. Three medium sized adults will fit in perfectly but will be comfortable for city travel or short trips only. With three in the back, you wont have space to stretch, so will be little cramped for long drives. I haven't used an Infant car seat before so can't really comment on that, but I would agree with Arun's comment above. Would suggest you to do a TD again and check it out. If you need a comfortable space for three in the rear for long drives, then I think you need to go one segment further.

Quote:
If we plan to buy a new car (too much hassle with used), we may be going for the Xcent SX(O) AT only.

Also how much did it cost you final price ? In Mumbai, I had got final price in ballpark of 8.7 Lakh OTR. We were mighty impressed by the fit and finish of the car and the interiors were just awesome. The rear seats reclining a bit gave a very plush relaxed seating arrangement. This was just immediately after we TD the Brio AT. But family rejected the brio for being small car for the price and weird looking back and very tiny boot.
I could see my dad really liking the Xcent.
Quote:
Btw what other cars you considered before drilling down to Xcent Automatic. Asking because I am looking for only automatic and manual is totally out of picture.
We were looking too for an automatic, mainly for city driving with occasional long trips. Was impressed with the boot space available (for a hatch) in Grand i10 and wanted to go for it, but the lack of safety features on the automatic variant made us to look further. Looked at Brio and Amaze but were not impressed with the build quality, interiors and the equipment list against their price. Bangalore OTR prices for the top-end AT are roughly 7.3L(Grand i10), 7.54L(Brio), 8.94L(Xcent), 9.4L(Amaze) so it made more sense to go for Xcent for what its offering for its price. With Xcent, I was sheerly impressed with the build quality, fit and finish, equipment list, NVH levels and the overall refinement in every aspect. The ride quality in the city roads is excellent and the auto is a boon in the bumper to bumper city traffic.

Final price was about 8.85, saved close to 9K by not going for the insurance from the dealer. Got the 0% dep insurance from HDFC Ergo online for about 22K whereas the dealer was charging about 31K. The only accessory that I plan to put on are the DIY noodle mats. Pretty much everything you need comes as stock.

Quote:
I know AT Xcent is not great in terms of mileage (may be that's why doesn't give the FE on its MID) but for not a frequent car user like me, I believe it may not really be a concern.
Xcent AT gives about 10KMPL whereas the MT will give 2KM more. I think this is a small price to pay for the sheer driving comfort of an AT in the city traffic. As long as your monthly drive is not much, this should not be a concern at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks