Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 01:32   #166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I got my engine and chassis number and today the SA called and stated that the car had reached the dealership.
I am not sure of what to do about Insurance. Dealer is quoting about 33000 Rs. for Zero Dep Insurance.
Bharti AXA and Royal Sundaram are stating about 21000 Rs. Thats a huge difference.
Wonder what I need to choose.

What are the benefits arising out of choosing insurance from the dealership? More convenience in case of claims is one big reason I suppose. Anything else?

But you do get the same convenience if the insurance providers mentioned by you provide cashless transaction facilities at the service center you plan to visit on a regular basis, while saving you a nice amount as well. I would say- ascertain all the services provided by the insurance provider are applicable to your workshop and go ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 08:35   #167
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
I got my engine and chassis number and today the SA called and stated that the car had reached the dealership.
I am not sure of what to do about Insurance. Dealer is quoting about 33000 Rs. for Zero Dep Insurance.
Bharti AXA and Royal Sundaram are stating about 21000 Rs. Thats a huge difference.
Wonder what I need to choose.
There is no difference. The claim settlement will be the same, the dealers always make a 30%margin on the insurance. When I bought my Elantra the dealer offered a normal comprehensive cover for ₹63000. I got my zero depreciation cover from Bharathi AXA for ₹40000. Go for the one with the best price. Bharathi AXA has been good,I have stayed with them for quite a few years now. The trick is to keep the same insurance agent even for the renewal. He will help you out in terms of claims.spend the ₹10000 on some good Accesories.You should only worry if the insurance is tied up with the extended warranty a la Skoda.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 30th May 2014 at 08:39.
Old 30th May 2014, 12:22   #168
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Thanks for the tips. Will decide between Bharti AXA and Royal Sundaram as they both gave similar quotes.
Old 30th May 2014, 13:48   #169
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. Will decide between Bharti AXA and Royal Sundaram as they both gave similar quotes.
For my S 1.2, i chose Bharti AXA. The quote was something like 17000 including add on coverages.
Old 30th May 2014, 16:48   #170
Senior - BHPian

Had a discussion with the SA and the Insurance person at Hyundai. He insisted that the insurance they offered covered more items and also was better for third party cover, etc. He stated that the discounts that the other people gave would end up with more problems and costs when actual claims arose. Quite a non-specific discussion. Let me look at the quotes and post it on the Insurance query thread to get feedback.
Also saw my xcent in the stockyard and clicked a few pics. Waiting for it to get cleaned, registered and delivered.

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 30th May 2014 at 16:49.
Old 31st May 2014, 17:56   #171
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few pics of my dusty Silver SX(O) AT at the stockyard.
I got silver because there was no twilight or pristine blue available soon.
Will need to wait for the cars look to grow on me as it certainly does not look wow.
The automatic gear lever is different from the other automatics I have driven - it does not slide from one position to the other - hope the indicator shows up clearly.
I must appreciate the dealer for keeping me updated about the progress and delivering as per their promise.
Will take delivery of the car on wednesday.
The tires are Bridgestone B250s - any reviews on how they fare?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-dsc_1027.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-dsc_1028.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-dsc_1034.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-dsc_1037.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-dsc_1030.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-dsc_1033.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-dsc_1035.jpg  

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 31st May 2014 at 17:57.
BenjiRoss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 18:01   #172

This may be slightly off topic but I am unable to get seat covers for this particular car anywhere in Chennai. I did not want to get these done from the showroom as they were quoting very high prices but they don't seem to be available outside. Any help please?
Old 2nd June 2014, 18:29   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakkarmy View Post
This may be slightly off topic but I am unable to get seat covers for this particular car anywhere in Chennai. I did not want to get these done from the showroom as they were quoting very high prices but they don't seem to be available outside. Any help please?
I got a quote of Rs 5500 from these guys
http://chennai.olx.in/hyundai-xcent-...-iid-638580206

When I checked around annanagar(CarSlice?) I was quoted Rs. 6500 but they had only one color in stock and it just didn't go with the car interiors.

Kun Hyundai in Annanagar had for Rs. 4876 but it had some fabric mixed with the art leather.
kolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 08:01   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolguy View Post
I got a quote of Rs 5500 from these guys
http://chennai.olx.in/hyundai-xcent-...-iid-638580206

When I checked around annanagar(CarSlice?) I was quoted Rs. 6500 but they had only one color in stock and it just didn't go with the car interiors.

Kun Hyundai in Annanagar had for Rs. 4876 but it had some fabric mixed with the art leather.
I was able to get a quote of 5800 INR for a brand called Hitech from a shop called NS near Anna Nagar Tower. However the problem is that there are only two color options available, both are beige and I am looking for black. I will try again with Kun since I bought the car from them.
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:24   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakkarmy View Post
I was able to get a quote of 5800 INR for a brand called Hitech from a shop called NS near Anna Nagar Tower. However the problem is that there are only two color options available, both are beige and I am looking for black. I will try again with Kun since I bought the car from them.
Kun had black with light grey work done in fabric, they told me to go to their shop in Ambathur near wavin to have a look since they don't stock it in Annanagar. There is a small sticker near the Nallas Appa Kadai(opp 14 shops) as well he told me he will be getting stock today and he told me the color would be black as well but he didn't have stocks he was supposed to call me today with availability.
kolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 14:24   #176
BHPian

This weekend I got some time to see the new Hyundai Xcent and I was simply amazed.
This is such a well built car, this car deserves to eat up Dzire and amaze. The built quality and the interiors are miles ahead of it's competitors. All the panel gaps are pretty decent and the interiors is perfectly placed and colored.
The only thing which stuck me was the proportion of the engine bay v/s the dzire.
Amaze and accent have a short sloping engine bay compared to dzire which looks huge from the front angle although I agree for the boot awkwardness. The other two have a good looking back.
But overall I think it's a good deal for the customers.
Old 4th June 2014, 15:05   #177
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

A side profile of my S 1.2.

Notice the neat looking wheel covers. Not the usual cheapo wheel cap types.

Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-20140602_182833.jpg
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 21:08   #178
Senior - BHPian

Finally brought my new car home after a quiet delivery process. The drive home was uneventful. Felt sad parking the car amidst the dust and construction surrounding our flats. The engine was a bit rough, but I expect that to smoothen with time. Felt quite at ease sitting in the car and driving on narrow roads and 2 km of highway to get home. Hope to write an ownership thread after a few weeks.
Old 5th June 2014, 19:09   #179
BHPian

Sorry I could not update the thread earlier as I was traveling the last few days...I took delivery of my petrol SX(O) last Saturday! Insurance is from Hyundai itself.

The car runs very smoothly (the petrol engine is extremely quiet, almost too much so). Hope to post an initial ownership thread and pics soon!
Old 6th June 2014, 23:40   #180
Senior - BHPian

Finally i too am getting my car on Wednesday,did the inspection Yesterday. Everything is done just waiting for RTO formalities( tax receipt etc etc) , even the Reg no is with me. Tyres are a big let down (Mine has Apollo Amazer 3G), opting for Yoko Es100 (185/60 R14) with Matt black onyx alloys.
Any ideas if i can get the Electro chromic Mirror fitted at dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks