Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2024, 18:07   #7321
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
...gave our 2014 Honda City iDTEC for 1,80,000 Kms service ... got the timing kit replaced along oil seals and radiator.

..got the new set of clutch along with master slave cylinder ...

The bill I got is close to a lac

....thinking whether to sell off this car or retain even after we get its replacement and retain as a 3rd car ....
few folks I know, who advised me against selling off this car.
You seem to have already replaced all big ticket parts, except the power steering rack, fuel injectors, alternator and fuel pump.
If the Honda service can check and confirm that the above parts are in good condition, then you're good to go for another few years to recover the ROI on your spending
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 11:24   #7322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
You seem to have already replaced all big ticket parts, except the power steering rack, fuel injectors, alternator and fuel pump.
If the Honda service can check and confirm that the above parts are in good condition, then you're good to go for another few years to recover the ROI on your spending
Had replaced the power steering rack during suspension overhaul itself 2 years ago.

Btw, the car has completed 1,88,000 Kms few days ago and I can see some drop in FE even after getting serviced and getting the EGR cleaned.

I think I should do a highway run in order to see the increase in FE.
Old 9th August 2024, 12:02   #7323

A new 4th gen Honda City owner - replaced my trusted Ecosport with a preowned 7 yo City VX last month. The vehicle has done 18k km only and passed with a clean chit for quality at Honda service station. There are a couple of issues I'm facing and wondering if these are normal for the City.

1) At every ignition on in the morning (first time of the day) the motor revs at 1200-1300 rpm (without the AC on) in neutral and continues to do so at every gear. I haven't noticed when it comes back to revving at 1000 rpm but it does after a few minutes of driving. Is this normal?

2) Down shifting to first gear is very tight - almost as though the motor doesnt want to be slotted into Gear 1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks