Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 17:18   #736
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Webpage is up
https://www.nissan.in/vehicles/new/t...rrano_AMT.html

Updated dual- tone interior colour scheme looks pretty classy, as compared to the old all beige interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-screen-shot-20161015-5.22.04-pm.png  

Last edited by Silverfire : 15th October 2016 at 17:23. Reason: Added image
Old 20th October 2016, 02:29   #737
BHPian

I went through the page linked in the post mentioned above.

It's a little saddening to see that they are really not offering any change to the interiors of the Terrano. They are still not offering a touch screen which has become standard in most lower segment vehicles below it, the automatic climate control and I wouldn't be surprised if the mid remains the same! This car might be an off shoot of the duster, but in terms of equipment offered I think the duster has progressed leaps and bounds!
Nissan should really buck up with their cats. They seem to be lagging behind the competition.

Last edited by ampere : 20th October 2016 at 08:15. Reason: Post formatted
Old 26th October 2016, 14:33   #738
Team-BHP Support

Nissan Terrano AMT ad on TV -

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20161026-1.png

Japanese Quality
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:01   #739
BHPian

Nissan Terrano AMT (Early ownership report)

I've been following the Nissan Terrano since it's launch, and a couple of key ideas jumped out at me. These are:

1) SUV Heritage - The Nissan stables have brought forth some legendary SUVs (Pathfinder, X-Trail). I refused to believe that a Nissan product would equal a Dacia legacy build.
2) Attitude - Self-explanatory for anyone who has seen the Terrano ad spots (Not doing much for your ego, am I?)

For me, a car has never been about sensibility, but passion. Having owned some bigger (and tougher) boys (like the Endy) in the past, I was fascinated by this little guy who spoke big. However, it remained a "back of mind" thing until I heard about the Nissan Terrano AMT about a month back.

After researching a little bit, I decided to reach out to Shahwar Nissan here in Bangalore. Now, I need to give a massive shout-out to Naveed from Shahwar Nissan. All sales guys can learn a lesson or two from this young chap. To give you a sense of the experience:

a) Naveed got me the first Nissan Terrano in Karnataka (a full two months ahead of schedule, as I was only supposed to get it in January end)
b) Got me the TD vehicle in early November (again, I believe I was the first person to test drive it in Bangalore).
c) He ensured that the accessories department went beyond the standard equipment in their menu (as I was particular about the component system)
d) Post delivery, he called me up at night to ensure that I got home safe and sound and requested me to call him for any issues/challenges I might have moving forward

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20161126_131952_hdr.jpg

I strongly recommend Shahwar Nissan based on my experience with them. Excellent people, responsive and definitely exceeded my expectations. But now, on to the main course - The Nissan Terrano AMT!

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img20161202wa0000.jpg

Now, let me state something - this is not a vehicle for those people trying to justify the price difference compared to the duster. This is not a vehicle for those who like sun-roofs and seat warmers and follow-me-home functionalities.

This is vehicle for those who love what it represents - The raw, the untamed, the abuse-friendly.

Like I said earlier, this is SUV heritage at work. From the magnificent alloys (the best stock alloys I have seen in a car in this segment) to the imposing grill (with just the right amount of signature Nissan chrome) to the little things which might save your life (ABS, EBD with BA, ESP, Hill Start Assist etc) to a functional yet very well put-together interiors (I love the piano black accents inside the cabin) to arguably the best ride quality in not just this segment, but maybe the next one too, this is tradition at play.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20161202_1401482.jpg

Now, I'm not going to rattle off the tech specs (interested readers can head over to the Nissan page for that). I'm going to share what it feels like to drive this bad-boy.

For an AMT, I think the ride is brilliant. I usually turn on "Eco" mode in city, and the ride is relaxed and predictable, with excitement on-tap when you floor the accelerator (even in Eco mode). The AMT is only available in the 110 PS version, and I've read reports that the 110 was sluggish in city compared to the 85 (in the older manual versions). However, it certainly doesn't feel that way in this fellow. Or if it does, I'm not enough of an aficionado to appreciate the subtle difference.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20161202_1358272.jpg

Now, one gripe I had was the original music system. Hey Nissan - 1980 called, they want their silly HU back.I put in the Blaupunkt 530 HU and replaced the stock speakers with Hertz components. Keep in mind, I am not an audiophile, but I do love my music. For me, the current setup is aces. I apologize for the potato quality of the photo itself, but the interiors feel nice. The beige is not over-done, and the black elements are quite tasteful. I specially love the piano black gloss on the door handles and the area around the HU. I wish the steering had those thumb rest areas, but it's definitely not a showstopper. I do not miss the steering mounted controls -now this is a matter of personal choice, but I never enjoyed controls being steering mounted. I tend to drive with a relaxed hold on the steering (one-handed), and therefore always had to put equal effort whether the controls were steering mounted or on the HU.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img20161202wa0001.jpg

Now the above picture was taken by a colleague of mine, who later realised it was my car. There you go people. If someone takes the time in a traffic jam to snap a picture of your car, then you have a head-turner!

On a serious note, I love the design language which Nissan has employed for the rear. While it looks so minimal, the effect is brilliant. I also opted for the spoiler, which I think Nissan should make into a default attachment. It greatly improves the look of the rear.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20161202_1359132.jpg

Another potato quality pic of the stock alloys. The wheels are Apollos, as opposed to the earlier Wanderers. I wonder why? Noise perhaps?

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20161202_1358432.jpg

The cabin interiors are efficiently anointed. The key word here is efficiency. You do not have a lot going on inside the cabin, but whatever is there is excellent. The rear seat is angled just right to make it comfortable. The suspension tuning (which Nissan have done a brilliant job on, btw) makes for a planted and rather fantastic ride experience. The Terrano chews up Indian roads like no-ones business, and does so silently. A couple of friends remarked that the interior was incredibly silent, even at higher speeds. From a drivers perspective I can confirm that while it is no Endeavour, the Terrano certainly earns a place amongst the most comfortable SUVs I've ever driven. In terms of comparison, in my opinion based on my test-drives, I rank the driving comfort as Terrano>Duster>Creta.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20161202_1359032.jpg

All in all, I would say you buy a Terrano AMT with your heart, not your mind. You drive it with passion, not sensibility. Nissan's design language has always been something I've subscribed to - Designed to Dominate. The little SUV which talks big has done just that!

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20161130_1357072.jpg
Anarchy83 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 19:15   #740
BHPian

Congrats Anarchy83 and I am sure Terrano will grow on you!!

Even I am a big fan of Nissan design language.

Here is my ownership review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ano-85-ps.html

I too had very good experience with Shahwar Nissan during sale and even during services.
Old 10th December 2016, 23:17   #741
BHPian

Again, it's not growing on me, it has completely taken a hold of me. We were on a longish drive (my wife and me), and she went to sleep like a baby. When she woke up, she told me that somehow the Terrano seat (front seat) "hugged" her better than the Endy (but she always loved the Endy for it's sofa-esque seats). Apparently, it's going to be "her" car from now on.

After having driven the Terminator (named cuz it seems to keep on going) a little bit, here are additional thoughts:

1) Nissan should provide an awesome center armrest (currently, only my seat has it)
2) I think the Terrano has an awesome crouch position - but Nissan should've provided wider tires. Would have improved the road-hugger aspect immensely (don't get me wrong, it does a fantastic job as-is)
3) I think their beige interior idea was quite good. It does feel roomy and bright.
4) I wish the power OVRMs would fold in automatically when parked. It would add so much pizzazz.

All in all, still loving the drive. My wife has remarked that I've become a more calmer driver on the road. I attribute it solely to the sheer comfort and ease of driving this fellow.

Hell, if your new car don't make you a better person, then not much will!
Old 6th January 2017, 10:49   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Facelift On Nissan Terrano Coming in March 2017.

Quote:
The SUV is likely to get its mid-life facelift and will host some major exterior and some subtle interior changes. The SUV is likely to get revised front and rear bumpers, more chrome on the face and will continue to get the AMT variant which was introduced at Rs 13.75 lakh (ex Delhi) on the Terrano in October 2016.
Link
Old 1st March 2017, 16:27   #743
BHPian

I have an issue with my Car charger for 12V power socket. I have a Jabra Car charger and another one that I got from USA and both of them do not work with the 12V socket provided in the front in Nissan Terrano. But Charger I got from USA, works with the rear 12V socket I provided.

I took it the service station and he checked that it works with his car charger.
Does the Car charger for 12V socket in the front work for you? If yes, can you please provide the name and link to Amazon or where you bought it?
Old 1st March 2017, 16:52   #744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
I have an issue with my Car charger for 12V power socket. I have a Jabra Car charger and another one that I got from USA and both of them do not work with the 12V socket provided in the front in Nissan Terrano. But Charger I got from USA, works with the rear 12V socket I provided.
Do you have the latest button type -ve contact (similar to the 2nd snap)?
If so, this makes trouble in few sockets. I'm facing a similar issue with one of my car charger in Nissan Sunny and MS Swift. Regular chargers (with old school stripe type negative contact) works well. Latest button type ones don't protrude much to have a good contact with the socket.

Old, Strip type -ve contact
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-02.jpg

Latest type -ve contact
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-01.jpg

Image source : Google
Mr.Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 09:49   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Do you have the latest button type -ve contact (similar to the 2nd snap)?
If so, this makes trouble in few sockets. I'm facing a similar issue with one of my car charger in Nissan Sunny and MS Swift...
Thanks Boss. My Charger is old school stripe type negative contact but still it does not work. I just noticed that car vacuum cleaner works fine so I need to check for the Charger that works; may be I will visit the Automative store close by and buy one that works.
Acelerar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 16:13   #746
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Terrano face-lift launching on March 27!

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-c7mmop7vsaa8llc.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:25   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Nissan India has confirmed that they will be launching the updated Nissan Terrano SUV in India on March 27.
The SUV is one of the most popular products in the company's line-up of models in the country. One of the reasons behind it is the ride quality that it offers but as time passed by, the car began to feel that it needed a few updates here and there. The new Terrano is expected to be a facelift of the current generation model and have changes in terms of cosmetic updates and addition of features, whereas it might continue to be powered by the same mechanical configurations.
The expected changes include a revised front-end design with a new bumper along with Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), new wheel design for an updated side profile and a reworked rear end with new bumpers and possible LED lights.
The big changes, though, could be inside the cabin as the new Terrano may come with a touchscreen infotainment system on board and an automatic climate control unit. In terms of safety, Nissan could launch the new car with ABS, EBD and dual airbags.
The new Terrano could be powered by the same engine under the hood which is the choice of a 1.6-litre petrol engine that delivers 103 hp and 145 Nm of torque or a 1.5-litre diesel engine in two states of tuning – an 83 horsepower and 200 Nm torque output offering and a that comes with a 5-speed manual transmission or the 109 horsepower and 248 Nm unit that comes with an AMT transmission.
Upon launch, the latest from Nissan will be going against the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the Renault Duster.
Article from News18.com
Facelift officially confirmed on March 27
Old 25th March 2017, 18:55   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrano Facelift - mechanically unchanged , will get more features. Takes on Ford Ecosport, Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza , Hyundai's Creta and even Renault's Duster in the specification comparison - but is it really enough to take it to a respectable monthly sales figures?

- Nissan is finally introducing a 7″ touch screen infotainment system with navigation
-The new version gets a new seat fabric which looks better
-The new Nissan Terrano also gets new door trim design
-The steering is new as well with integrated controls for audio and cruise function.
-The new Terrano will be offered in five versions of XLP, XED, XLD(O), XVD Pre and XVD Pre AMT

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-17467726_10211758583629745_436766925_n.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-17496064_10211758584429765_954866717_n.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-17506094_10211758583829750_751949383_n.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-17499773_10211758589309887_1420844084_o.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-17499673_10211758593269986_1031195318_o.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-17499908_10211758587349838_174098011_o.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-17521646_10211758588629870_692078654_o.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-17521755_10211758590189909_414043505_o.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th March 2017 at 18:59.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 00:51   #749
Senior - BHPian

Looks promising, this facelift. Hope Nissan doesn't disappoint. Interiors and ergonomics have been the Achilles heel of the Terrano (and Duster). Hope they improve this substantially. They have to, to stay relevant. Wonder why they're not thinking ahead by bringing in some of the new Kicks' interior components (like that awesome instrument cluster) and sticking them into the Terrano facelift. They'd need to set up that supply chain anyway when they launch the Kicks later this year. Anyway, let's hope we see something nice on the 27th!
Old 31st March 2017, 20:26   #750
BHPian

I think this is a great move by Nissan . If anything this fantastic car lacked in, it was in the list of features offered (some even basic ones). I do not wish to list out everything as it has been discussed a lot on this forum. By including at least some of those features, Nissan has a great chance of capturing a larger pie of the compact SUV market.

After having driven the 110 BHP for over 5000 kilometres now, I can vouch that this machine can match any car in terms of power and punch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks