Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2017, 08:50   #1141
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Planning to purchase petrol magna automatic. Couple of questions to current owners

1. Any specific item that I need to check during PDI. Any known issue with i10s?

2. It doesn't come with factory fitted audio, but would they have the internal wirings for speaker or power connections​?
Old 1st April 2017, 09:23   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Planning to purchase petrol magna automatic.
Have you checked out other Options ? Celerio AMT, Ignis AMT, Tiago AMT ?

Grand i10 Magna AT is priced at 7.29 lakhs On Road, Bengaluru. This is the base variant in Automatic. Frankly speaking, this model is Overpriced. And with that not so great 4 Speed AT, the fuel efficiency is low.

My friend had Asta AT, he used to get 7.5-8 kmpl with AC in City. He was disappointed & sold his car within 10 months. His running costs was proving to be expensive.

The above mentioned cars are much better options compared to Grand i10 & also are way cheaper & are available in fully loaded variant with ABS & Airbags. I hope you reconsider this fact before getting a Grand i10. If you were looking at Manual, I wouldn't have complained.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 09:42   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Have you checked out other Options ? Celerio AMT, Ignis AMT, Tiago AMT ?
CarguyNish, thanks for detailed feedback. I did consider them (except Tiago ) and decided to go ahead with i10 Magna. I may have gone with Ignis, but the wait period was too long for my comfort. Considered Celerio and WagonR, but they lost to i10 on interiors. I did hear that the efficiency is not that great, but this car will have low mileage and I am not too much worried on that aspect.

I am now thinking of an audio package for the car. Wanted to know if the dash comes with a USB/aux port. If not, how did the Magna/Era model owners manage to get Aux/USB connectivity?

Also, Can the rear doors handle oval speakers?

Last edited by tortoise : 5th April 2017 at 09:47.
Old 5th April 2017, 11:27   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am now thinking of an audio package for the car. Wanted to know if the dash comes with a USB/aux port. If not, how did the Magna/Era model owners manage to get Aux/USB connectivity?

Also, Can the rear doors handle oval speakers?
Dash will not come with USB/AUX ports. In aftermarket head units these ports are generally provided on the head unit itself, so that should not be a concern. Rear doors will accommodate only round speakers. For ovals you will need to go for a parcel tray.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 13:27   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
In aftermarket head units these ports are generally provided on the head unit itself, so that should not be a concern.
Thanks AkMar. I was looking at potential candidate models ( from USA too) that has touch screen and rear Aux/USB ports and camera input. These models did not have an inbuilt USB port in the fascia. Will review my options once I take delivery of the car. Meanwhile, if someone has managed to get a rear USB port accessible, please let me know how you did that. I will continue to scourge the ICE section for inputs.
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:52   #1146
BHPian

I am facing certain issues with the a/c in my 2014 grand i10 diesel. Since the last two months or so I have been noticing that after about half an hour to 45 minutes of usage of ac the force of the air from the ac vents gradually decreases to a very minimal air with reduced cooling. If I continue to use the ac in the same manner the ac comes back to normal in another 5-10 minutes or if I switch it off completely or by pressing the a/c button and just run the fan it comes back to normal in around 2 minutes. Over this period I have also noticed that as soon as I switch on the ac there is a faint noise that comes from the ac, something like "shhhhh" for about 5 seconds.

During this time I had taken the car for the regular service as per the maintenance schedule. The Hyundai service engineers were not able to come to a particular diagnosis or correction of the problem as per the description of the problem that I have been noticing. It is partially my fault too as I haven't been able to find time to give the car to Hyundai service centre as they told might have to keep the car in service centre for two days or more.

Anyone here as an idea regarding what this could be due to?
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:46   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
I am facing certain issues with the a/c in my 2014 grand i10 diesel. Since the last two months or so I have been noticing that after about half an hour to 45 minutes of usage of ac the force of the air from the ac vents gradually decreases to a very minimal air with reduced cooling. If I continue to use the ac in the same manner the ac comes back to normal in another 5-10 minutes or if I switch it off completely or by pressing the a/c button and just run the fan it comes back to normal in around 2 minutes. Over this period I have also noticed that as soon as I switch on the ac there is a faint noise that comes from the ac, something like "shhhhh" for about 5 seconds.

Anyone here as an idea regarding what this could be due to?
Fazonater, the evaporator coil may be icing up hence the reduced flow of air.

Get the amount of gas in the system checked. Also have the evaporator coil and blower area cleaned up.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 18:50   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Fazonater, the evaporator coil may be icing up hence the reduced flow of air.

Get the amount of gas in the system checked. Also have the evaporator coil and blower area cleaned up.

Regards
Nikhil
Any idea as to how much this might cost in Hyundai as well as independent garages?

Thanks in advance
Old 1st August 2017, 12:20   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks AkMar. I was looking at potential candidate models ( from USA too) that has touch screen and rear Aux/USB ports and camera input. These models did not have an inbuilt USB port in the fascia. Will review my options once I take delivery of the car. Meanwhile, if someone has managed to get a rear USB port accessible, please let me know how you did that. I will continue to scourge the ICE section for inputs.
One can try the Sony website and Pioneer website, as even the basic touchscreen models have camera input support.
A friend has a Pioneer setup with rear USB and aux-ports, and the technician has neatly placed them in the glovebox.
On a personal level, having used both Pioneer and Sony, I would recommend Sony, firstly, cause it has a 3 Pre-out channels, and the interface of Sony is much more premium & polished looking than Pioneer. The latter looks like a Chinese aftermarket product.
I recommend : http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/in...ers/xav-w650bt

Last edited by sharktale : 1st August 2017 at 12:22.
sharktale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 12:56   #1150
BANNED

So, after 3.5 years of ownership of Gi10 1.1 CRDI, the door auto lock feature has activated itself without any external intervention. Now, as soon as i cross speed of 20 kmph, all doors auto lock themselves. I attribute this behavior to a dying battery. The starter turns over very slowly before the engine starts. I hope this auto lock feature will cease to exist once i replace the battery with a new one. But, one thing is for sure, this feature is possible in a Gi10 but hyundai refuses to activate it. I have asked the service centre several times to activate it, but they deny that it is even possible.
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:55   #1151
BHPian

Hello All,

I've purchased a Sport (O), automatic, manufactured June 2017. Is there no theft alarm system included? I could not find any mention on the feature list hence the question.

Alternatively, If i have to install one, can the system be wired to operate using the existing keys?

Cheers
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:58   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
Hello All,

I've purchased a Sport (O), automatic, manufactured June 2017. Is there no theft alarm system included? I could not find any mention on the feature list hence the question.

Alternatively, If i have to install one, can the system be wired to operate using the existing keys?

Cheers
Yes, you can install Autocop Plip 40.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 08:01   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
So, after 3.5 years of ownership of Gi10 1.1 CRDI, the door auto lock feature has activated itself without any external intervention. Now, as soon as i cross speed of 20 kmph, all doors auto lock themselves. I attribute this behavior to a dying battery. The starter turns over very slowly before the engine starts. I hope this auto lock feature will cease to exist once i replace the battery with a new one. But, one thing is for sure, this feature is possible in a Gi10 but hyundai refuses to activate it. I have asked the service centre several times to activate it, but they deny that it is even possible.
Same with me. For me, the new feature would be activated, after the ECU reset problem while cranking the engine.
Though replacing the battery solved the issues, I am little disappointed with the quality of OEM battery used in the car, as numerous people have had their battery die out in under 3 years (2.5 years for me), a problem I never experienced in any of the others cars in our garage.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:50   #1154
BHPian

Hello All,

A question on Car Play:
I've an iphone 6s, running iOS 10.3.3 which connects flawlessly with the GI-10. However as soon as i connect the cable, the maps disappear. I tried speaking to Apple support, but they have pushed the balme to the vehicle.

Is there any work around for getting the maps to display on the infotainment screen?
Advice from the web is very mixed ranging from using google maps as a background service to the cheeky using android auto for google maps.

Anyone here have an idea for getting the maps to run using CarPlay?

Cheers
Old 10th August 2017, 10:23   #1155
BHPian

Friends,

I'm in the market to replace my house hold's second car 'Alto K-10' and the final three (in Petrol) are Grand i10 (Sportz), Figo & Tiago. The others that didn't make the cut were Liva, Micra, Punto & KUV and I didn’t consider Maruti’s offerings at all.

I wanted to take your unbiased opinion hence this post. The car will be doing mostly intra city and few highway runs (could be more) and after evaluating the option that I'm inclining towards is i10 Sportz, due to:

1. Good build quality - e.g. the 'thud' sound when closing the doors is unmatched (quality on both Punto & Figo was unimpressive where I had high expectations)
2. Bluish Interior illumination is amazingly nice compared to others. (Tiago’s interior is nice but not as suave & appealing)
3. Peace of mind ownership/H.A.S.S like Maruti
4. Benefits of 4 pot engine compared to 3 on Tiago, proven kappa engine.
5. Fairly spacious for 1/2 Adults and 2 kids at a time (better than Tiago)

Dislikes:
1. Vanity mirror only on passenger side (Gents aside, does Hyundai think that the ladies will never drive)
2. Safety features like ABS only in top variant and no EBD. It’s very disappointing that Hyundai & TATA are keeping ABS only in top end variant. kudos to Toyota, Ford here.

I'm a big fan of ATs but I'm not inclined towards i10-AT due to 4-speed transmission, limited warranty & low FE being reported all around. Besides, IMO a smooth, reliable, non-jerky automatic (i.e. non AMTs) might be too much of an ask at this price point.

I understand that the Sportz model will be without ABS but then I don't plan to take the car on maniac runs or unmanageable speeds so I guess non-ABS should be okay as I've some experience driving non-ABS cars since good 20+ years.

The sales guys at Hyundai are much more willing to go the extra mile to close the deal hence offering exchange bonus, better deal for the Alto. On the accessory front, I’m considering the usual ones namely steering cover, mats, mud flaps and seat cover (might go for gear lock as there's no alarm). Would you advise any other accessory on top of stock setup?

So, can you please advise if I’m missing a car in this segment, or have overlooked any other parameters of other cars that could swing the favour, or are there any issues in i10 that could impede my above expectations?

Thanks & cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks