Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2016, 21:42   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanda View Post

What do you suggest I do?
Simply throw away this tyre and get a new one if you love yourself and anyone who might be accompanying you in the car!

Enough said.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 21:52   #1082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Roadside mechanic has installed a thick cover from the inside and put a tube inside. One of my experienced Sardar friends is telling me to get the tire replaced as it has chances of bursting up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Your Sardar friend is absolutely right. This crack is now the weakest spot on your tyre. If you hit a rough road patch at high speeds then the tyre bursting at that spot cannot be ruled out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Simply throw away this tyre and get a new one if you love yourself and anyone who might be accompanying you in the car!
Totally echo what utoIndian and bluevolt have said.

Firstly, your tyre's structure is badly compromised. Bear in mid the sidewall is the vertical part of the tyre that holds the weight of the car. Even cracks and punctures on the sidewall are enough to make us discard a tyre, and your picture shows far worse damage.

Secondly, running a tube is a huge nuisance. Even if you have an unrelated puncture, the tube will lose air far quicker than a tubeless tyre. Imagine a puncture when doing highway speeds - it can be dangerous, possibly fatal.

Please get a new tyre. Don't even consider using this as a spare. It will cost you a few thousands, but chalk that down to the cost of running a car on our pathetic roads!
arunphilip is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 22:13   #1083
BHPian

Thanks for your views...Will change it first thing tomorrow morning.

1 Question - I have driven about 5k kms on these tires and if I put in 1 new tyre, will it cause any alignment or related issues?
BlackPanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 23:07   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your views...Will change it first thing tomorrow morning.
Good decision there

Quote:
1 Question - I have driven about 5k kms on these tires and if I put in 1 new tyre, will it cause any alignment or related issues?
No, not at all. However for your satisfaction, get the wheel balancing done for the new tyre and also get the wheel alignment checked. Regular tyre rotation (between 5 tyres) at 10K kms interval should would enable equal wear on all the tyres.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 10:14   #1085
BHPian

I found a site offering kit for I 10.

https://www.icustommadeit.com/produc...body-kit/40242

Has anyone tried to customise/mod their ride? I know nothing can beat factory installation, however was just curious. I am on the lookput for some stickers. Right now, trying to save enough cash for couple of things a new tyre, extra horn, new set of light, teflon coating, windscreen film and then some stickers.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-i10-front.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-i10-back.jpg  

Old 28th September 2016, 13:42   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
I found a site offering kit for I 10.

Has anyone tried to customise/mod their ride? I know nothing can beat factory installation, however was just curious. I am on the lookput for some stickers. Right now, trying to save enough cash for couple of things a new tyre, extra horn, new set of light, teflon coating, windscreen film and then some stickers.
Hideous is the word - IMHO.

And that too for 85K? I wouldn't be caught dead with it.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 15:41   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right now, trying to save enough cash for couple of things a new tyre, extra horn, new set of light, teflon coating, windscreen film and then some stickers.
Dear BlackPanda, ditch the other cosmetic things in your list and go buy your car a new tyre first. Use the credit card if need be, but please, do not drive with that damaged tyre.

I hope you have replaced that with the spare tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Hideous is the word - IMHO.

And that too for 85K? I wouldn't be caught dead with it.
The apt phrase would be "I wouldn't want to be caught with that, dead or alive"

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 28th September 2016 at 15:42.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 15:32   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Dear BlackPanda, ditch the other cosmetic things in your list and go buy your car a new tyre first. Use the credit card if need be, but please, do not drive with that damaged tyre.

I hope you have replaced that with the spare tyre.

Yes Sir, I have. Now trying to save up for rest of the items. Just want to personalise her up. Hence looking for some cost effective ideas.
Old 29th September 2016, 16:43   #1089
BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 facelift unveiled at Paris Motor show.
Quote:
On the outside, the 2017 Hyundai i10 (facelift) gets a redesigned airdam with an integrated pair of circular LED daytime running lights, and new boomerang-shaped foglamp enclosures inspired by the 2016 Hyundai Elantra.

The side mouldings have also been updated and new 14-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels are now part of the package. The rear features a re-profiled bumper and a pair of circular reflectors.

Inside, the 2017 Hyundai i10 gets updated cloth upholstery and trim colors, and new features like a 7-inch touchscreen display with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, front collision warning and lane departure warning.

Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL) has started testing the Grand i10 facelift in India, and plans to launch it this financial year.
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-2017hyundaii10facelift2016parisshow.jpg
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-2017hyundaii10faceliftrear2016parisshow.jpg

Link: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/09/h...t-paris-243450

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 29th September 2016 at 16:44. Reason: Typo error.
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:13   #1090
BHPian

I guess, the existing Grand i10s can get these changes coming up in the facelift version?
Really liked the new fog lamps and the integrated pair of circular LEDs on the vehicle! Hope Hyundai also takes out some provision to install the upcoming touch screen systems in existing cars.

Quote:
Currently in Kolkata, Rajarhat area, roads have been replaced by small ponds and craters (may be part of new landscaping drive). However thanks to one of these craters, the sidewall of my car's tire has got damaged. Roadside mechanic has installed a thick cover from the inside and put a tube inside. Charged me with 700/-.

One of my experienced Sardar friends is telling me to get the tire replaced as it has chances of bursting up.

What do you suggest I do?
The same thing happened with my Grand too! For a temporary fix, I got the Alloy fitted in the spare tyre and have started using that as a primary. As obviously we hardly use the spare tyre, it would serve the purpose for a few months I guess. My car has already done close to 31,000 kms so tyre replacement coming soon. You can do the same instead of spending on a new tyre. Moreover, it would be better to upsize the tyre after some point of time.

On the other hand, I guess, the existing Grand i10s can get the changes coming up in the facelift version?
Really liked the new fog lamps and the integrated pair of circular LEDs on the vehicle! Hope Hyundai also takes out some provision to install the upcoming touch screen systems in the existing cars.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2016 at 07:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 16:52   #1091
BHPian

Back with another question
I own Grand i10 Sportz model which does not have auto locking of doors at certain speed. We had a nasty experience few days back fwhere one person tried opening the door to flick the mobile kept in car at red light but luckily we were saved. Earlier we had Getz model which has auto lock so still we are not used to this non auto lock
Is it possible to configure or buy after market installation. Any one configured if yes please hep with some pointer
Old 4th October 2016, 16:57   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Back with another question
I own Grand i10 Sportz model which does not have auto locking of doors at certain speed. We had a nasty experience few days back fwhere one person tried opening the door to flick the mobile kept in car at red light but luckily we were saved. Earlier we had Getz model which has auto lock so still we are not used to this non auto lock
Is it possible to configure or buy after market installation. Any one configured if yes please hep with some pointer
Just make it a habit to lock the doors whenever starting off a journey, as I have.

Speed sensing auto lock of doors cannot be activated in grand i10, even I have tried to get it done.

There might be aftermarket options refer this. but not sure if its available for grand i10 and will work seamlessly.

Let us know if you find a solution.

Last edited by sidzz : 4th October 2016 at 17:00.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 12:13   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Just make it a habit to lock the doors whenever starting off a journey, as I have.

Speed sensing auto lock of doors cannot be activated in grand i10, even I have tried to get it done.

There might be aftermarket options refer this. but not sure if its available for grand i10 and will work seamlessly.

Let us know if you find a solution.
I sent a message to the seller on Aliexpress.

His reply was a negative for Grand i10.
Old 5th October 2016, 12:39   #1094
BHPian

I have an year old i10 grand and the flimsy parcel tray broke from one of the hooks within 15 days of its arrival. Now the second hook too has given up. Honestly the hooks and the tray is the most flimsy thing I've seen in recent times. Called up the hyundai workshop and they said a new one cost 2200/- . Is there a way to source it cheaply online etc.? I am 100% sure the damn thing will give up once again too. As any one else faced this issue? The tray is necessary to keep prying eyes from the stuff in the boot. Any suggestions?
Old 5th October 2016, 12:45   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
I have an year old i10 grand and the flimsy parcel tray broke from one of the hooks within 15 days of its arrival. Now the second hook too has given up. Honestly the hooks and the tray is the most flimsy thing I've seen in recent times. Called up the hyundai workshop and they said a new one cost 2200/- . Is there a way to source it cheaply online etc.? I am 100% sure the damn thing will give up once again too. As any one else faced this issue? The tray is necessary to keep prying eyes from the stuff in the boot. Any suggestions?
Check Snapdeal. It is available for some 1200 bucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks