Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2016, 17:21   #931
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

That's nice to know that the parts were replaced under warranty. But it's it normal the turbo and the ABS sensor malfunctions happen so early in grand i10? Looking at the good doctor's note, seems it's just about two years old.
Old 1st January 2016, 17:59   #932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
That's nice to know that the parts were replaced under warranty. But it's it normal the turbo and the ABS sensor malfunctions happen so early in grand i10? Looking at the good doctor's note, seems it's just about two years old.
Yes my grand i10 is just 2 years old. I had clocked 53k kms and had not opted for extended warranty. Actually I had no complain in performance. SA was friendly and he just noticed minor oil leak from turbocharger. He told he can check with Hyundai for entire turbo replacement. My warranty got expired and still I got new turbo as the job card was opened before expiry of warranty.
Kudos to Hyundai and Kanchana Hyundai mangalore!!
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 14:42   #933
BHPian

So, finally, after a long time, got our grand i10 CRDI Asta (O) delivered. Obviously kicked, since this is our first new car A few snaps of the car attached during the delivery as well as the traditional pooja following that.

Couldn't get anything else done since it's the middle of the week. So, this weekend will be busy-busy getting the under chassis coating and other stuff done.

Also, has anyone tried the 3M noodle mats - they seem to be pretty expensive, but the 3M showroom guys gave a convincing demo of the mats. A bit confused between the 3M noodle mats (approx 6k) versus the standard '3D' mats (approx 2-2.5k).

A question to the existing grand i10 owners - I found that the steering is a bit 'tight' when i twist to the left, the right side seems ok though. Is it just me or would it have something to do with the air pressure in the tires too? My previous ride is a swift - so that's my point of comparison.

Any suggestions on the above would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-pic1.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-pic2.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-pic3.jpg  

turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 14:47   #934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, finally, after a long time, got our grand i10 CRDI Asta (O) delivered. Obviously kicked, since this is our first new car A few snaps of the car attached during the delivery as well as the traditional pooja following that.

Couldn't get anything else done since it's the middle of the week. So, this weekend will be busy-busy getting the under chassis coating and other stuff done.

Also, has anyone tried the 3M noodle mats - they seem to be pretty expensive, but the 3M showroom guys gave a convincing demo of the mats. A bit confused between the 3M noodle mats (approx 6k) versus the standard '3D' mats (approx 2-2.5k).

A question to the existing grand i10 owners - I found that the steering is a bit 'tight' when i twist to the left, the right side seems ok though. Is it just me or would it have something to do with the air pressure in the tires too? My previous ride is a swift - so that's my point of comparison.

Congrats buddy!! Grand i10 diesel is a perfect city car. Steering is feather light and easy to maneuver in city. I too found the steering way too light compared to my SX4. Hyundai is known for light steering and soft suspension. Grand i10 is definitely better than other Hyundai cars when it comes to steering and suspension because the car is developed in India for our road conditions.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 14:50   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your car!

Quote:
Try a DIY with noodle mats, if you may. I have been planning to do it since a long time but have been busy with work.

Refer: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...loor-mats.html

or any other thread posted by other BHPians.

Quote:

I drive a Grand i10 petrol. The steering is as smooth as butter. Please get your car steering inspected at the ASA.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 17:29   #936
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs guys. Let me see for a couple of more days (first check the air pressure). If this persists will get it checked up from the service center people.
Old 8th January 2016, 12:43   #937
BHPian

Day 2 Update (so to speak) - there's a faint rattle on the left (co-)driver side window (I think - or could be the left rear passenger side) which I noticed on the way to office on NICE expressway. Stopped and checked if there was any loose change or other stuff in the glove box that caused the sound. Nope, nothing that could cause the sound. Drove on for some more time and noticed that it is indeed present - it's not a major irritant like the one in Swift that I used to drive on the same road, but it's definitely there. Not continuously, but definitely present. Plan to get this checked up on my next visit to the A.S.S.

Was trying my best to follow the T-BHP run-in guide of not breaching 2200 RPM for first 1000 KMS. However, in lower gears it is a big problem, especially in 1st, sometimes in 2nd; from 2nd onward it's very manageable. The good part is on the NICE expressway, I can reach and stay at 80 KMPH just under 2000 RPM (was about 2100 - 2200 RPM for 80 KMPH in my Swift); besides, I am not that 'fast' a driver - my usual speeds are between 80-90, almost on any roads.
Another thing that I noticed, the torque just pulls the car forward in 2nd gear without accelerating, so much so that I almost panicked when this 'pull' happened on a slope where I had to take a turn This, I believe, is normal for diesel cars (any other opinions, please chip in). I guess I am still adjusting to the diesel heart and should be OK after a few more KMS.

Last edited by turboturtle : 8th January 2016 at 12:45.
Old 8th January 2016, 14:12   #938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Day 2 Update (so to speak) - there's a faint rattle on the left (co-)driver side window (I think - or could be the left rear passenger side) which I noticed on the way to office on NICE expressway. Stopped and checked if there was any loose change or other stuff in the glove box that caused the sound. Nope, nothing that could cause the sound. Drove on for some more time and noticed that it is indeed present - it's not a major irritant like the one in Swift that I used to drive on the same road, but it's definitely there. Not continuously, but definitely present. Plan to get this checked up on my next visit to the A.S.S.

Was trying my best to follow the T-BHP run-in guide of not breaching 2200 RPM for first 1000 KMS. However, in lower gears it is a big problem, especially in 1st, sometimes in 2nd; from 2nd onward it's very manageable. The good part is on the NICE expressway, I can reach and stay at 80 KMPH just under 2000 RPM (was about 2100 - 2200 RPM for 80 KMPH in my Swift); besides, I am not that 'fast' a driver - my usual speeds are between 80-90, almost on any roads.
Another thing that I noticed, the torque just pulls the car forward in 2nd gear without accelerating, so much so that I almost panicked when this 'pull' happened on a slope where I had to take a turn This, I believe, is normal for diesel cars (any other opinions, please chip in). I guess I am still adjusting to the diesel heart and should be OK after a few more KMS.
I have driven 55000 kms in my Grand I10 diesel and zero rattles till now. Yes, it takes some time getting used to the torque. Car pick up speed in 2nd gear even if you don't accelerate. My house is on uphill and car just pulls in 2nd gear without touching accelerator.
Old 8th January 2016, 15:22   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Day 2 Update (so to speak) - there's a faint rattle on the left (co-)driver side window (I think - or could be the left rear passenger side)
I've had a slight rattle from one or both of the rear headrests from day 1. Only happens when the headrests are extended in mid or highest position. No sound if it is at the lowest position.
Old 8th January 2016, 17:09   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have driven 55000 kms in my Grand I10 diesel and zero rattles till now. Yes, it takes some time getting used to the torque. Car pick up speed in 2nd gear even if you don't accelerate. My house is on uphill and car just pulls in 2nd gear without touching accelerator.
Thanks for your inputs Dr.Naren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I've had a slight rattle from one or both of the rear headrests from day 1. Only happens when the headrests are extended in mid or highest position. No sound if it is at the lowest position.
Thanks promit. However, the rear seat is not used at all, so both the headrests are in closed / lowest position.

Let me get the rattles checked over the weekend.
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 09:13   #941

Many many congratulations turboturtle! You made an excellent choice indeed.

I got mine on 1st Jan. a Sports petrol for me. I am mighty impressed with the Hyundai customer service during the delivery.
And about the car, I couldn't have been happier. The steering is actually butter smooth, the overall drive is excellent. Although I'm still exploring her out, no complains till now.

Wish you good luck with your drive!

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th January 2016 at 10:01. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 10th January 2016, 11:41   #942
BHPian

Quote:

First of all, Many Many congratulations on the car. You made a very good decision if you don't mine me saying. I'm just sad that there are no safety features on the Asta variant which comes with Auto Gear. Other than that, Beautiful car.

Wishing you many more happy and safe miles!

Quote:

I've had this car for ~3 Months and there are literally No rattles at all. Do check with the A.S.S. As for the steering, I'm not sure that is normal. Do check it.
The Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 11:26   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
First of all, Many Many congratulations on the car. --snip--
Wishing you many more happy and safe miles!
--snip--
I've had this car for ~3 Months and there are literally No rattles at all. Do check with the A.S.S. As for the steering, I'm not sure that is normal. Do check it.
Thanks The Dude for the wishes. Made a quick visit to Blue Hyundai where I got the car over the weekend. Below's the update:
1. Steering free play - The service center guys connected the OBD scanner and checked for any warnings / faults. There weren't any. On a test drive too, they said it was correct. Got the car driven by a relative who also said the steering was fine and no issues with the free play. Then, the only thing that I suspect is that my earlier Swift had alignment issues - maybe I got used to this so much that I considered that as 'normal' - will monitor until the first service and bring it up in case I feel it recurs. (and off topic, time for the swift wheels to be aligned again)
2. Vibrations - me had the laptop bag and seatbelt on co-driver side pushed to the co-driver door side. That was the cause. Drove on the NICE expressway thrice after that (without the bag) and didn't see any vibrations. So, touch wood, all's well.

All in all, pretty satisfied with the service center folks as well (except for the fact that they dirtied my car a bit more than I expected). A few (mis)apprehensions from a new owner, guess it's my OCD kicking in again

Couldn't get anything done over the weekend (under chassis coating and other stuff) as I was held up. Am planning for this weekend to complete these, let's see how it goes.
Old 11th January 2016, 11:52   #944
BHPian

Has anybody installed an underneath engine guard on their Grand i10?

I have been looking for one.
Old 11th January 2016, 14:38   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Has anybody installed an underneath engine guard on their Grand i10?

I have been looking for one.
I'd asked the SA when I wanted to book the grand i10 but was told that this doesn't come as-is; when probed further if I can get it installed outside, he informed that this might void warranty. Although this is extremely desirable in Bangalore roads, if this entails voiding warranty, best approach it with a bit of caution; on another note, I believe there are a lot of such controversial topics about voiding warranty and manufacturer claims, but, if you've already inquired and know that this doesn't void warranty, you could go ahead. Let me know how it pans out.

Last edited by turboturtle : 11th January 2016 at 14:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks