Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 11:35   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

I'd been waiting for this GTO. Thanks a lot for the detailed job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead View Post
...probably the first Asta Option variant in my city.
Congratulations! Eagerly awaiting your detailed ownership review.

Quote:
Hyundai had proved that Cheaper Doesn't mean inferior, This should be a Slap in the face for entire Industry & a wake up call too
Especially Toyota for "designing" and selling "India specific" cars like Etios and Etios Liva. No offence to Toyota fans and Etios/Liva owners, but personally I'm apalled by such designs.

Just one point on the i10Grand:
Unless my eyes are decieving me, there seems to be too less a difference between the bootlid and the bumper surfaces. Especially, the curved part where the glass meets metal seems to be almost at the same level as the bumper. What I'm arriving at is - even in case of a minor impact from (say a concrete pillar or lamp post), the bumper may not provide adequate protection, so you might end up with dents on the bootlid. Got forbid shattered glass. I'll be happy if this observation is incorrect.
Old 17th September 2013, 11:53   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, after considering a lot of cars across all segments in last few months i just couldn't stop myself from buying a Pure White Grand i10 Diesel Asta Option a few days back, probably the first Asta Option variant in my city.
Congratulations on your new car and it looks stunning in white. I will be closely following your thread as I am eager to know the real-time performance, FE and capability of the diesel version of the Grand i10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
One question: Will the alarm and auto lock/unlock work when the switch in the fuse box is in Off position?
Same question here. Also, is this ON-OFF switch available on all variants, right from Era onwards, or is it only on the higher models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
The rising maintenance costs for Hyundai cars especially the i10's is something that needs to be factored in. I have 2-3 colleagues who drive i10's and they keep telling me that their average service bills are 5-6k on a regular basis these days. I believe the i10 has 5k service intervals.
The maximum that I paid for my 2010 i10 service has been Rs 4500 for the 30,000 km service. Other services have been between Rs 1000 and Rs 2500.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

What an amazing review? I reckon the best here so far - the bar keeps going high!!!

Keep revvin'!
Old 17th September 2013, 13:38   #79
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai - I bet you guys are listening. Please continue with the designer who has designed this Grand i10. Believe me, its really pleasing on the eye when compared to the various fluidic designs. Shall age well & looks contemporary.

Has the same gent designed the new Santa Fe? That too appears much better than the earlier iteration.

And thanks for this exhaustive review. Bet, all angels are covered.
Old 17th September 2013, 14:43   #80

As usual, a very detailed review GTO.

The switch in the fuse-box is most likely the battery saver switch used for shipping cars, so the batteries don't die sitting at the port etc. Although this is the first time I've seen this located so neatly! Would also be pretty handy when storing the car for long durations, as pointed out in an earlier post.

One issue I personally had with the i10 Grand was the excessively tall floor-to-door-sill height in the rear, which means the elderly have to lift their legs at least a good six+ inches to get their foot out of the door. But i guess this is a trade-off with almost all new cars with modern crash structures & with more stringent durability & structural rigidity requirements.
carthick99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 15:37   #81
BANNED

Excellent car and review

I liked this Hyundai a lot after so many days. Eon is not at all a good looking car for me. It has too many curves. This looks much much better. Thank god its not in the same styling which their other cars have.

Looks like this car is a killer for cars like Brio and Beat. It offers much more than those cars with excellent fit & finish and quality too. I feel it will mainly eat numbers from their own i10 & i20. Also cars like Ritz, Figo, Brio, Beat, Polo, Liva etc will get affected the most. Swift don't have to worry that much. God bless competition. Hyundai has priced this car very competitively. Lets see how it goes.

Edit: Somehow i feel that they should have named this car something else. Not sure why they have i10 in it. Lots of people will get confused for sure.

Last edited by aniketi : 17th September 2013 at 15:40.
Old 17th September 2013, 16:07   #82
BHPian

That's another excellent review. I am just wondering how does this fares with the existing beauty queen in the segment in the form of Fiat Punto.

I know the sales will never be a match , however a small comparison on specs and looks would help. Any volunteer in t-bhp gurus
Old 17th September 2013, 16:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you mention the service interval(months as well as km) from your user manual?

Thanks!
Old 17th September 2013, 16:18   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Can you mention the service interval(months as well as km) from your user manual?

Thanks!
IIRC, the sales guy mentioned it as 10K Kms/1 year. But it will be good to confirm this from the user manual.
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 16:29   #85
BHPian

Dear GTO,
As always, an amazingly detailed, practical and well balanced review.

Having already owned a Santro & Accent in the past and currently an i10Asta and i20 Sportz diesel, you can understand that i am a long time Hyundai fan. This Korean car maker knows how to spoil you for luxuriesand they have just set the bar higher with the Grand i10. The launch nearly happened at the same time as the movie Grand Masti. However, what a stark difference the both are... This car as is as good as poor is the movie.

Anyways, my wife has started naging me for a car, and i know which one to pick for her. thanks to Hyundai and a grand thanks to GTO for reviewing the Grand i10.

thanks again.
Old 17th September 2013, 18:12   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Thanks!
Its 1100-1500 for first service & 9-1000 second & every 9-10000 thereafter
autohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 18:14   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangelvishal View Post
Anyways, my wife has started naging me for a car, and i know which one to pick for her. thanks to Hyundai and a grand thanks to GTO for reviewing the Grand i10.
archangelvishal, how I wish my wife would have done the same. I would gladly have given her my i10 and have considered the Grand i10 diesel (Magna). She is qualified to driver a car, but somehow prefers our Activa scooter.

After the team-bhp review, the urge to own a Grand i10 is driving me crazy. For a sedate driver like myself, the diesel version ticks all of my requirements, including good cabin/boot space, superb fit, finish and quality, high expected fuel economy and the benefit of a large service network in India.

Right now, my i10 is giving such good service, that my head insists I have absolutely no reason to move on to the Grand i10. But my heart thinks otherwise...
Old 17th September 2013, 18:22   #88
BHPian

[quote=misquitas;3239624]Congratulations on your new car and it looks stunning in white. I will be closely following your thread as I am eager to know the real-time performance, FE and capability of the diesel version of the Grand i10.

I am also eager to check on those figures at the earliest, but right now my Grand i10 is awaiting Mud flaps & Foot Mats which were not available at the time of delivery and an upgrade to 185/60 R14 - Yokohama C Drive's, Which are not readily available. I don't want to loose out on exchange value if i drive on the original tyres before exchange.
Old 17th September 2013, 18:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

Superb review, GTO.

This seems to be a package for success. Whoever kept away from i10 because of its wimpish looks, or from i20 because of its size and price,can easily move to this model.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:49   #90
BHPian

After going through team-bhp's review on the Grand i10, I feel that there will be a close contest between three widely acclaimed cars for the coveted 'Car of the Year 2013'. The Grand i10, the Honda Amaze and Ford Ecosport will be the close contenders and for me, each of these three cars is a winner in their respective segments: hatch, sedan and SUV.

If, as mentioned in an earlier post, the service interval of the Grand i10 is 10K Kms/1 year, it will be yet another improvement over the old i10. At present the i10 service interval is 10,000 kms or 6 months, whichever comes earlier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks