Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:03   #706
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

The SportZ anniversary edition came in white colour and with the dual tone dashboard interior. Here's the link for the same.

Also, like to quote the S2 post for the same.

Quote:
It is shocking to see there is no engine start/stop button and neither does the car come with keyless entry (or even a smart key). Even the door handles are body coloured and not chrome. So then this is not really based on the 'sportz' variant but on the 'Magna' variant with a lot of additional features. It seems like by launching this special edition, Hyundai is smartly trying to push out excess stock of the Grand i10 'Magna variant' with 'Sportz' badging and added equipment
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:57   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_saunak View Post
Doesn't seem to be the case. The website still lists the features just as the first day. Attachment 1346149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Yes, I too noted the same and thats the reason I asked whether it's a 'SportZ Edition' or not. But Jag4 was very sure as he bought the car.

Jag4, It's a news to all of us.

Have the changes been really made ? Had the sales person sold you the 'Sportz Edition' (without the decals) launched on Sep 2014 ? How about other variants - any changes for 2015 ?
Quote:
Even the idea of the 'Sportz Edition' (without the decals) does not add up. The Sportz Anniversary Edition was based out of Sportz trim and should have come equipped with Smart Key and door sensors along with the added goodies like rear defogger and bluetooth and steering controls. Also, the interiors should also have been Black and Red. The car came only in red color and body decals. It's really strange.

This is certainly a news to all of us and surely would like Jag4 to comment further on this. May be the VIN details can throw some light on the manufacturing month and all.
Quote:
The SportZ anniversary edition came in white colour and with the dual tone dashboard interior. Here's the link for the same.

Also, like to quote the S2 post for the same.

I have been specifically told it's a 2015 model, could you please lead me to the link for checking the VIN.

Last edited by Jag4 : 3rd March 2015 at 18:22.
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:06   #708
BHPian

Interesting to see that the Sportz Edition does not come with a Start Stop button / Key less entry and does come in white......

BTW....Jag4.... I think you should not really share your VIN number like this....
However the car is surely made of 2015 as we can see from it...I am kinda stumped...
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:14   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
VIN NO : MALA851CLFM238749

I have been specifically told it's a 2015 model, could you please lead me to the link for checking the VIN.
Here's the link to decode Hyundai's VIN.

Hyundai's VIN will have 19 characters and you can locate the VIN below the driver seat of Grandi10. Your VIN denotes that it's a 2015 model .
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:26   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting to see that the Sportz Edition does not come with a Start Stop button / Key less entry and does come in white......

BTW....Jag4.... I think you should not really share your VIN number like this....
However the car is surely made of 2015 as we can see from it...I am kinda stumped...
Quote:
Here's the link to decode Hyundai's VIN.

Hyundai's VIN will have 19 characters and you can locate the VIN below the driver seat of Grandi10. Your VIN denotes that it's a 2015 model .
Using this method, one can not decipher the month of manufacturing.
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:33   #711
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Using this method, one can not decipher the month of manufacturing.
The following VIN decoder should be able to decipher the exact date & month of manufacturing for you, along with plenty of other useful details as well.

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Hyundai

I hope this helps.

Edit: I didn't know you had already posted your VIN here.

You car's colour is "Pure White" and it was manufactured on January 30, 2015. And yes, it does have Bluetooth functionality for the audio, electrically folding ORVMs and rear defogger.

I guess they have not yet updated the website to reflect these changes, which is rather strange.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd March 2015 at 19:56.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 19:22   #712
BHPian

Hi All,

Request help of the forum members please. A couple of days ago, I took the car to HASS for a more-than-normal steering and in-cabin vibration at idle, which disappeared once car was moving. The SA said he's fixed it by cleaning the throttle body, and when I checked, it certainly was back to its refined, smooth idle.

However, while driving back home I noticed that the overall pick-up had gone down and even though the car was revving smoothly it certainly wasn't moving forward with as much eagerness as it was doing till before this issue. Also, on releasing the throttle, the engine dropped speed rapidly almost like there was some mild braking!

Please let me know if this is some side-effect of the throttle body tweaking by the SA or something else? It certainly feels like it cos it happened immediately after this job was done!

I really don't want to take another day off and take it to the HASS 20 Kms away, I have already been there twice in the last week!
I'll talk to the SA once again and see if they can come to my house to fix this if it's a minor tweak/fix to the throttle body/air intake.

Last edited by Parth46 : 8th March 2015 at 19:23.
Old 9th March 2015, 17:54   #713
Senior - BHPian

Electricals acting wierd

The electricals of my car act a little weird at times. I am used to resetting the trip meter to 0.0 kms each time I tank up to calculate the F.E. I generally alternate between trip A and B to understand the pattern and exactly how the F.E. fares compared to the previous tankful. However, there are times when suddenly both the trip meters are resetted without me touching any buttons.

I have faced this issue around 4-5 times over the 11 months of ownership but I always overlooked it, thinking that probably my hand must have accidently hit the reset button on the steering. However, the other day I was driving with both my hands in a 9-3 position and just when I looked down, the trip meters were reset! It might sound like a silly issue and I hope it remains at that.

I read somewhere that some BHPian's Gi10's clock kept resetting without him doing anything (can't find the post). Did anyone else face a similar issue?

Last edited by S2!!! : 9th March 2015 at 17:56.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 20:01   #714
Senior - BHPian

Re: Electricals acting wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The electricals of my car act a little weird at times. I am used to resetting the trip meter to 0.0 kms each time I tank up to calculate the F.E. I generally alternate between trip A and B to understand the pattern and exactly how the F.E. fares compared to the previous tankful. However, there are times when suddenly both the trip meters are resetted without me touching any buttons.

I read somewhere that some BHPian's Gi10's clock kept resetting without him doing anything (can't find the post). Did anyone else face a similar issue?
Wow. Thought I was the only one who faced this. Infact, I feared to put it up here as it might sound crazy and an error from my side. But this has happened more than once. I always ignored it and thought it was my fault, accidentally I might have pressed the button. But now I realize its an error.

Usually, I have left hand on gear as my daily travel is through very dense traffic ( can rarely get in 4th ).
Also, I have observed that post second service, idle vibrations have gone up, so has noise. Emergency braking in a manner which avoids locking wheels results into too much vibration. No, the car does not pull on any side so alignment should not be an issue. No uneven tyre wear or any other thing. This vibration during heavy braking makes me nervous. My grand i10 has barely done 5300 kms.
My wagon R does not have this vibration issue or trip reset issue.
This is also the first car which I have come across where the trip meter has innate ability to reset itself.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 9th March 2015 at 20:03.
Old 9th March 2015, 20:18   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone else face a similar issue?
Exactly same issue here. Its very annoying, although the issue seems to have subsided for the past few months. I have a crazy notion that this happens more frequently if you cycle through the different trip meter readings often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Also, I have observed that post second service, idle vibrations have gone up, so has noise.
Just took my car back from second service and even I have a feeling that the noise has gone up. No vibrations though.
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 21:30   #716
BHPian

Even mine gets resetted every once in a while. In my 12 months of ownership it has resetted about 3 to 4 times. My car has done about 17.5 kms till now. I guess this issue has something to do with the engine running time info in the MID. I think it gets resetted if the engine running time reaches 24 hours. I have come to this conclusion because I rarely reset the engine running time and this reset issue arises only if I haven't resetted this engine running time for a long time.
Old 9th March 2015, 22:14   #717
BHPian

Quote:
the trip meters were reset!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
trip meter has innate ability to reset itself.
It will get reset only if the battery is disconnected. How about the average speed and elapsed time in the trip meter ? The elapsed time trip meter working range is between 00:00 ~ 99:59. Is elapsed time maximum limit linked with Trip A and Trip B ?

Does automatic reset of the trip meter indicates battery discharge ? Do by any chance, the old problem of Grandi10 battery drain happening again ?

Last edited by Grand Drive : 9th March 2015 at 22:19.
Old 9th March 2015, 22:34   #718
BHPian

Quote:
It will get reset only if the battery is disconnected. How about the average speed and elapsed time in the trip meter ? The elapsed time trip meter working range is between 00:00 ~ 99:59. Is elapsed time maximum limit linked with Trip A and Trip B ?

Does automatic reset of the trip meter indicates battery discharge ? Do by any chance, the old problem of Grandi10 battery drain happening again ?
Not at all in my opinion. There has been no battery discharge issue in my entire one year usage of the grand.
fazonater1911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 22:42   #719
Senior - BHPian

Xcent here and +1 on the trip meter reset issue!
Old 9th March 2015, 22:54   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, the battery drain issue was with petrol top end cars with push start engine feature. My car is Magna variant and diesel, does not have engine push start feature. The battery is never disconnected in my car.

Is it possible to inform Hyundai about this ? This, ideally, should not have anything to do with elapsed time.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 9th March 2015 at 22:57.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks