Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2013, 22:05   #331
BHPian

Looks like I have no option but to wait for 2014 model. As shreenath Hyundai has no clue about the allotment of my car.
Old 30th December 2013, 16:43   #332
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

When I took the test drive I was very uncomfortable with the 'quick bite' brakes as well. Almost got hit from behind by couple of bikers. The BLUE Hyundai SA said it's because 'its latest technology - all round disc brakes"

Kindly share your experience particular to this aspect. Also, it would be great if you mention the “yardsticks” against which you formed your opinion on the Grand i10 brakes.
Old 30th December 2013, 23:56   #333
BHPian

Hey GTO, any plans of adding the auto box review for the grand i10? It would be really helpful! please do consider!
Old 31st December 2013, 10:01   #334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Hey GTO, any plans of adding the auto box review for the grand i10? It would be really helpful! please do consider!
Checked out grand i10 auto last weekend.

1. No TD available (Atleast thats the case in trivandrum). Cars will be made available in 1 month based on order.

2. No ABS.

3. No airbags.

4. Priced 75k more than equivalent manual version (Asta especially. Didn't cross check price difference for Sportz version).

5. 4 speed automatic transmission. Doesn't have good FE returns if i10 figures are compared. I think Honda 5 speed / Nissan CVT does it better here.

At almost 7L on-road, its not worth a second look IMO.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st December 2013 at 10:04.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 00:44   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

1. No TD available (Atleast thats the case in trivandrum). Cars will be made available in 1 month based on order.

2. No ABS.

3. No airbags.

4. Priced 75k more than equivalent manual version (Asta especially. Didn't cross check price difference for Sportz version).

5. 4 speed automatic transmission. Doesn't have good FE returns if i10 figures are compared. I think Honda 5 speed / Nissan CVT does it better here.

I believe for few reason, its worth it. Until the official review is up for an AT Grand i10, I request to go through my ownership review of the same at - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-wine-red.html
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 12:37   #336
Senior - BHPian

The car is now available with CNG fitment as well. Please refer below ICB link for details on the same:

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/auto-n...clusive-78878/

This, however, unlike Maruti Suzuki voids engine warranty (same as in case of Honda City).

IMO considering the reliability of the mill/ engine this (@ Rs.55k) is not a bad tradeoff, for those who wish to go for cheap motoring for not so longer drives.
Old 13th January 2014, 14:56   #337
BHPian

Spoke to two separate dealers in Bangalore and both of them mentioned that since this is a new car, they will not be able to offer any discounts at all. I was hoping to get atleast some sort of corporate discount but they are not willing to provide it. Also, they are not budging on the approx 9k of handling charges as well.
Old 19th January 2014, 12:08   #338
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

2. No ABS.

3. No airbags.

7L OTR without ABS and airbags ? I thought the top end ones had these features ? If what you say is correct, it's definitely over priced, not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Spoke to two separate dealers in Bangalore and both of them mentioned that since this is a new car, they will not be able to offer any discounts at all. I was hoping to get atleast some sort of corporate discount but they are not willing to provide it. Also, they are not budging on the approx 9k of handling charges as well.
Make hay when the sun shines, goes the adage. Mahindra did it with the XUV, Reanult with the Duster, now Hyundai with the grand i10. Nothing new eh ?

Wait for six months, the very same car / model will be on the Delhi Times section, screaming offers and discounts, like the i10, Santro do now.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 14:17   #339
Senior - BHPian

I just had a brief test drive of the Grand i10 diesel.

These people came to our apartment for showcasing the Grand and the Eon. Surprisingly there are no discounts on offer other than corporate discount(5k) on the Grand. Onroad price in Bangalore for diesel Grand Sportz variant is about 7.7 L.

The car is good with the quality of interiors and the overall feel of "refinement". But what disappointed me is the engine performance. The acceleration is pretty linear but its linear in a "slow" kind of way - not in the same league as Amaze iDTEC or even the Micra.

There is no Turbo boost at all and hence those looking for that fun to drive factor should look somewhere else.

Otherwise their are a lot of positives like good braking, decent equipment level (the Sportz variant i test drove had integrated ICE and push start/stop button).

All in all its a good vehicle fort those looking at a good vehicle to go from point A to B with good fuel efficiency and a refined drive. But nothing more than that in terms of outright performance.

Last edited by DCEite : 19th January 2014 at 14:20.
Old 19th January 2014, 19:41   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Surprisingly there are no discounts on offer other than corporate discount(5k) on the Grand.
Same here, I am booking one for my wife tomorrow, petrol Asta (O). They did not even offer corporate discount to me. Could you kindly check and confirm if the corp discount is pan India?

So far I am able to negotiate 50% on handling charges, comes to rs.3,145. Mud flaps and floor mats. Trying to get gear lock and seat covers (but not sure if I'll get) before I book tomorrow.
Old 20th January 2014, 09:58   #341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
7L OTR without ABS and airbags ? I thought the top end ones had these features ? If what you say is correct, it's definitely over priced, not worth it.
For the AT- there is no option of purchase with the option pack (Asta O variant) that comes with these features.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:11   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Surprisingly there are no discounts on offer other than corporate discount(5k) on the Grand.
Can you please share the dealer name which is offering 5K corporate discount on the Grand. Will help in my bargaining with the dealer.
Old 24th January 2014, 15:27   #343
BHPian

Hyundai has increased prices of Grand i10 from today. Approx rs.10k increase on all variants. Revised prices are updated on their site:

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Shoppin...ote/index.html
amit1234singla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 13:47   #344
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Just booked the Grand i10 Auto Asta. 7.41 lakhs on road with no discounts whatsoever. Advaith Hyundai says it will take 20 days for delivery.

Test drove the car yesterday. The TD car had about 333km on the Odometer. Tried the outer ring road as well as some rough roads. Very impressed with the handling and overall fit, finish and build.

I am 6'4" tall and it was surprising that I did not have the push the seat completely back to drive comfortably.

Sped up to about 100KMPH on the outer ring road, Bangalore. The engine was a bit laggard, but it seem to be eager once it picks up some speed. The AT seems to be smart and changes up and down quickly. Triptronic was, well, patchy. It worked sometimes, but I think there is a software override somewhere that causes it not to under some conditions. I intent to use this car only in the city, so did not try pushing up the speed beyond 100KMPH. Nor do I really intent to use Triptronic.

One thing the sales staff couldn't answer was on the "ECO" indicator. It kept coming on and going off without any pattern that I could decipher. Any idea what that could be or how it works.

There are no official accessories available yet. But having gotten addicted to the reversing camera in the SUVs that I drive, I cant live without one. Any recommendations for a reversing camera.

Also, being a music buff, any ideas for an aftermarket ICE for the grand i10 ?
harikrishnanm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 14:25   #345
Senior - BHPian

My brother will book a Silver Grand i10 Magna Petrol by the evening. Basically, he wanted a non Maruti-Suzuki car in Rs.5 lacs.

I had suggested him few other options, but, he had his reason for rejecting each of these cars. I could also not convince him for a safer car (ABS, Airbags) .

Hopefully the car should serve him well. Will keep you all updated on this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks