Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 10:01   #211
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hi Guys, Took delivery of my i10 Grand 1.2 Asta (Stardust color) 2 weeks back. Since i was looking for a petrol hatch mainly for city drive , i10 grand was a good fit for me with its performance,looks,features and also it being a new model. I have driven it around 500 kms all inside city and is a nice peppy car although it is still a short time to comment on the +ves and -ves. From the mileage point of view i got around 10.5 in city with 100%AC from the first tankfull method. Hope this improves post the 1st service.
spiler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 11:00   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
Hi Guys, Took delivery of my i10 Grand 1.2 Asta (Stardust color) 2 weeks back.
The Asta you got is with ABS & Airbags or not?
When I enquired, they said all the Asta that are available are actualy Asta (o) and the version without ABS and Airbags is not available for the moment. Still compared to Sports version the Asta (o) was only 60K higher, which is VFM if you ask me.
Old 16th October 2013, 11:28   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post

The Asta you got is with ABS & Airbags or not?
When I enquired, they said all the Asta that are available are actualy Asta (o) and the version without ABS and Airbags is not available for the moment. Still compared to Sports version the Asta (o) was only 60K higher, which is VFM if you ask me.
Hi teemus, i took the asta (o) which comes with those safety features. Even the sales rep whom i interacted had no clue on just the asta variant. As per him only asta (o) is available. It is definetly value for money compared to sport. U get alloys, rear defogger + wiper, rear spoiler , bluetooth, steering mounted controls, rear adjustable head rests and most importantly abs + dual airbags all for approx 60k more.
spiler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 23:45   #214
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai is not bringing the i30 or the i40 to India anytime soon. The next model could be the Santa Fe SUV or the new i20 which could be called the Grand i20
Old 20th October 2013, 13:19   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

You can catch the very informative launch video here. This is the European i10 which is 100mm shorter than the Grand but similar in every other aspects and having cruise control as a plus. The actual product launch begins at the 9th minute of the video but its recommended to see the full video to get a feel of product inspiration and design.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:54   #216
Team-BHP Support

Just test drove a diesel. For normal stop start. traffic, it was not bad, pretty comfortable and great ergonomics.

On the debit side - I found the ride to be hard and the brakes to lack in feel.
Old 25th October 2013, 07:12   #217
Senior - BHPian

So do we expect next upgrade or may be 'Sports version' to have interiors matching body colour? Like what Euro spec. i10 has?

Pics : NetCarShow
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-hyundaii10_2014_800x600_wallpaper_50.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-hyundaii10_2014_800x600_wallpaper_4f.jpg  

Old 25th October 2013, 18:12   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Just test drove a diesel. For normal stop start. traffic, it was not bad, pretty comfortable and great ergonomics.

On the debit side - I found the ride to be hard and the brakes to lack in feel.
I am planning to buy a low cost Diesel Car. almost Zeroed in on Grand i10. previous car was Swift. So looking at Hyundai this time. Just read above hard riding and issue in brakes...are these real problems. please clarify.
Old 25th October 2013, 18:48   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun1010 View Post
I am planning to buy a low cost Diesel Car. almost Zeroed in on Grand i10. previous car was Swift. So looking at Hyundai this time. Just read above hard riding and issue in brakes...are these real problems. please clarify.
The Grand i10 has better ride than Ritz, but it is still softer than Swift (@ajmat found it hard by Hyudai's standards). IMO it is one of the best handling current gen Hyundais, alongwith Elantra.

However, I am not sure how the brakes could be an issue, especially in case of Hyundai cars, & those are anyway much better than L/V variants of Swift/ Dzire which are lousy at best.

Please refer 1st page of the review for comments by GTO in this regard & these should clear your doubts.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 18:53   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
The Grand i10 has better ride than Ritz, but it is still softer than Swift (@ajmat found it hard by Hyudai's standards). IMO it is one of the best handling current gen Hyundais, alongwith Elantra.

However, I am not sure how the brakes could be an issue, especially in case of Hyundai cars, & those are anyway much better than L/V variants of Swift/ Dzire which are lousy at best.

Please refer 1st page of the review for comments by GTO in this regard & these should clear your doubts.
Thanks a lot CARDEEP brother for the clarifications. Will follow accordingly.
Old 25th October 2013, 20:05   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is not a deal breaker, very similar to a swift. Brakes are lacking in feel, they do perform their job but I like a car which communicates what it is doing. Remember, I stepped out off a Jetta so the contrast effect is there.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 12:57   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It is not a deal breaker, very similar to a swift. Brakes are lacking in feel, they do perform their job but I like a car which communicates what it is doing. Remember, I stepped out off a Jetta so the contrast effect is there.
Thanks @ajmat

Now I clearly understand the reason for your comment, & I was even trying to refer to your ownership of bigger/ better cars as the probable reason for your comments, but refrained from doing so.

IMO Grand i10 is good choice for @Arjun1010 over Swift, because of neutral handling, 25% bigger boot & better brakes.
Old 26th October 2013, 19:08   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Thanks @ajmat

Now I clearly understand the reason for your comment, & I was even trying to refer to your ownership of bigger/ better cars as the probable reason for your comments, but refrained from doing so.

IMO Grand i10 is good choice for @Arjun1010 over Swift, because of neutral handling, 25% bigger boot & better brakes.
Thanks for the suggestion friend. Also suggest Between Sports and Asta Variants. Which one would be logical to go with. Is it worth going to Asta over Sportz....???
Old 26th October 2013, 20:40   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
Hi teemus, i took the asta (o) which comes with those safety features. Even the sales rep whom i interacted had no clue on just the asta variant. As per him only asta (o) is available. It is definetly value for money compared to sport. U get alloys, rear defogger + wiper, rear spoiler , bluetooth, steering mounted controls, rear adjustable head rests and most importantly abs + dual airbags all for approx 60k more.
Hi Friend. How much did Asta(o) variant cost you OTR. I am planning to buy Grand i10. And also update your experiences with the Car. What do you suggest.
Old 26th October 2013, 22:29   #225
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Friend. How much did Asta(o) variant cost you OTR. I am planning to buy Grand i10. And also update your experiences with the Car. What do you suggest.
In my case the OTR cost came to about 6.8 lakhs. This is in blore. Its a nice car and you wont be dissappointed. The only issue i had was with the tyres. Too much road noise while driving in not so smooth tarmac. So got rid of those goodyears and went with Bridgestone My02 with a little wider profile (185/60). Performance wise it handles very well even in the highways and of course in the city it is a blast to drive. Test drive and see if it suits you. It looks small but is quite spacious inside. Let me know if you are looking for any specific inputs.
spiler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks