Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:13   #241

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Hey Tarun,

I am not home and will be back only after a couple of months. I did try calling home to get the model no. but Micra is at the service centre right now. Will try and get it soon after the car is back.

I remember telling Amaron guys that its Micra Petrol and they brought the battery as per their spec. sheet for the car. When swapping, that guy as well as myself was suprised to see a much bigger and higher capacity stock battery. He had to go back and get tha 65ah to replace it. That is why I specifically mentioned it in my post. I don't know if this is only for the CVT model.

And regrading the model, Amaron has many models with 65ah, for the same car, with different warranty duration and in a range of prices. You could get one for 6K with better quality and warranty as well as may be for, say 4K with lesser warranty. Anyways I will let you know once I get to know which model was installed in my car.
Hi Ajay,

Further update. Got to know from Nissan (another showroom. had to write to Nissan India on Facebook) that the official recommended battery by the company to replace Hitachi battery in Micra CVT is Exide 75D23L, which is 68Ah. I am now confused as the reviews seem better for Amaron. Not sure if I should move to Exide (as recommended by Nissan) or go for a 68Ah in Amaron. Is there any issue with installing a higher Ah battery?
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:27   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunkagarwal View Post
Hi Ajay,

Further update. Got to know from Nissan (another showroom. had to write to Nissan India on Facebook) that the official recommended battery by the company to replace Hitachi battery in Micra CVT is Exide 75D23L, which is 68Ah. I am now confused as the reviews seem better for Amaron. Not sure if I should move to Exide (as recommended by Nissan) or go for a 68Ah in Amaron. Is there any issue with installing a higher Ah battery?
65ah or 68ah, both will have no issues technically and will work just fine. Between Amaron and Exide, you can just pick any because both are leading automotive battery makers. I have personal knowledge about Amaron's state of the art manufcturing facility and prefer Amaron for all my automotive battery needs. But both brands are leading ones in the market and have heard equally good reviews about both.

BTW, I did not have time to enquire about the warranty matters during my battery change. Did you ask Nissan about it? I mean in case of such low battery life?
Old 24th November 2015, 18:00   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
65ah or 68ah, both will have no issues technically and will work just fine. Between Amaron and Exide, you can just pick any because both are leading automotive battery makers. I have personal knowledge about Amaron's state of the art manufcturing facility and prefer Amaron for all my automotive battery needs. But both brands are leading ones in the market and have heard equally good reviews about both.

BTW, I did not have time to enquire about the warranty matters during my battery change. Did you ask Nissan about it? I mean in case of such low battery life?
Thanks Ajay for all your inputs. Finally, got Amaron 90D23L (68Ah) installed today.

Checked with Nissan, the battery Warranty is only 1 year. Thanks.
tarunkagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 16:07   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan has slashed the prices of it's Micra CVT variants.

Micra XL CVT:
Earlier Rs 6,53,252/-, now Rs 5,99,000/-. (reduced by Rs 54,252/-)

Micra XV CVT:
Earlier Rs 7,19,213/-, now Rs 6,73,500/-. (reduced by Rs 45,713/-)

Both prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

Quote:
Commenting on the development, Nissan Motor India Managing Director Arun Malhotra said: "As Micra is produced right here in India, we are able to better serve the market in terms of faster, more efficient delivery and improved localization levels. This allows us to pass on these benefits to our customers in the form of a revised, even more competitive price for our popular premium hatchback."

The company claimed that the Micra CVT gives a mileage of 19.34 kmpl as per ARAI tests.

ET
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 23:04   #245
Senior - BHPian

Between Jazz CVT and Micra CVT, which is

- Value for money?
- Reliable?

I have liked the looks of XV trim (top end) yet am not sure with this price reduction, is it a compelling buy or not?

Suggestions please !
Old 20th June 2016, 07:01   #246
BHPian

Both cars are equally reliable and capable
Micra is a city car, easy to drive in tight spaces.
The Jazz appears bigger, has more estate to offer and interior feels more premium.
For a solo city driver Micra makes more sense.
Jazz is good for someone who drives around with a family of four and traffic is not problem.
It's easier to find buyers for Honda than Nissan when it comes to selling it off. But for the price difference Micra makes more sense.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 11:23   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Between Jazz CVT and Micra CVT, which is

- Value for money?
- Reliable?

I have liked the looks of XV trim (top end) yet am not sure with this price reduction, is it a compelling buy or not?

Suggestions please !
If budget isn't an issue, pick Jazz Cvt anyday.
ScorpMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 06:11   #248
BHPian

After going through the threads on automatic hatchbacks, test drives, discussions, etc. Finally booked a silver Micra xv cvt at Bhujbal Nissan Pune Price offered after discounts 7.60 L on road pune.

Hyundai dealer was ready to match the price offered by nissan dealer for the grand i10 Asta.

Reasons for booking Micra:
1. Feels more solid built than the i10
2. CVT is Smooth.
3. Driver seat is more comfortable compared to i10.
4. A few features like driver armrest, BA.
5. My kid (3.5 yrs) was facinated with the design of the auto climate control and the no of buttons available.

I have noticed that the micra doesnot have reverse sensors or a camera. I wish to get both as the car would be used by my wife 90% of the time.

The dealer has an option of rear view mirror mounted screen. I have heard stories where the rear view mirror loosenes over time because of the weight.
Please recommend a good brand for dashboard mounted screen.
architkarpe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 11:09   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

After rejigging it's entire Indian lineup, Nissan India prepares to launch a refreshed version of the Micra in a new "Sunshine Orange" shade.

The only other change reported for this refreshed Micra is all-black interiors.

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-3micra_mc01.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-2micra_mc02.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-1micra_mc03.jpg

Do note that the Micra comes in only 4 variants now - 2 petrol CVTs and 2 64PS diesels.

Shifting Gears
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 15:37   #250
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the Micra CVT yesterday and below are my observations :

Pros :
- Nice and airy interiors. The conventional dash layout is well built, compared to the quirky one found in the Brio AT.
- The visibility is great, I felt the A-pillar is narrower than my Swift and that aids visibility.
- Overall quality leaves absolutely no room for complaint. Nothing squeaked or rattled on the TD car.
- Equipment list over the Brio : Engine start stop , bluetooth , rear wash and wipe, more cubbyholes, adjustable neck restraints, bigger 15" wheels on the XV, efficient climate control, driver's armrest.
- The CVT transmission is butter smooth. I feel this is the cars biggest plus point. The engine is not that coarse (I was expecting a thrummish-note) , and is barely perceptible at idle. The driveability in bumper to bumper traffic as well as slow moving traffic was extremely effortless. I almost felt calm at the end of the TD. The light and effortless steering is a big positive.
- The 15" alloys and the relatively plaint suspension absorbs road imperfections very well.
- Initial acceleration is acceptably brisk.
- At 7,01,000 Rs On Road Pune for the XL-CVT variant, it is also India's cheapest automatic car, if you leave out the AMTs. It comes with a driver airbag and ABS as standard. And thats before we get to the discounts, which are aplenty.
- Positive showroom experience at Shiv Nissan , Pune.
- The engine and gearbox combo are perfectly designed to isolate you from the task of driving as much as possible, perfect for the elderly and the non-enthusiasts.

Cons :
- Nissan's unfocussed approach to India.
- Forum is peppered with poor after sales experiences of Bhpians, lack of spare parts.
- Managed to flummox the gearbox while trying to crawl up a pebbly unfinished incline.
- Non-involving driving experience. This could actually be a big positive for whom it is just a task to be done away with.
- No loaded XV Premium variant (4-Airbags, reverse camera etc) on the petrol CVT.
- Reliability is an unknown area, would love to be corrected on this.

The on road price of the XV-CVT variant is 7,93,000 Rupees in Pune. Bargaining may actually make it cheaper than the Honda Brio VX AT , its chief Jap rival.
I am very undecided.
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 12:12   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I am very undecided.
I forgot to add , the basic MID showed a mileage of 10.7 kmpl. Both me and the salesperson couldnt figure out how to just switch the ignition on without cranking the car.
I had to use the start stop switch to crank the car to start the stereo and check the trip computer.
The current waiting period for the Micra runs into a maximum of 45 days if the color we want is not in stock.
Old 7th September 2016, 11:05   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan India has launched the "refreshed" version of it's Micra hatchback range from Rs 4.56 lakhs (Active variants) and Rs 5.99 lakhs (regular variants), ex-showroom Delhi.

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-micra1.jpg.ximg.l_full_h.smart.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-micraactive.jpg.ximg.l_full_h.smart.jpg

The freshened-up Micra range now comes with all-black interiors, even in the Active variants, and with a re-introduced colour shade - Sunshine Orange.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th September 2016 at 11:06.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 16:25   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

- Reliability is an unknown area, would love to be corrected on this.

Well, I can say Micra CVT is reliable to a good extent. My sis owns one and she has clocked more than 16K so far. No suspension issues, No engine problems, No gearbox issues, No rattlings so far. A well tuned car for city runabouts. Occasional highway sprints are good too.

The steering is light, but I actually liked it. Helps a lot for city drives.

So unless one intentionally abuses the car, Micra seem to hold good on the longer run.

A.S.S in my home town is pretty okay. Still not matching Maruti or Hyundai. The only grouse is - any major part has to be ordered from Chennai. So it may take upto 5-7 working days to get things fixed. Our Micra's bumper was side-pushed by a Tata Ace, and we got a new one replaced under insurance. But the new unpainted bumper has to be shipped from Chennai to Erode, and we had to wait almost 5 days to get all things (shipping, painting & fixing) done.

Go for XV-CVT it has got some nice goodies than XL-CVT. You will not reget.

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 8th September 2016 at 16:28.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:32   #254

Nissan has released a video of their all new black "European" interiors which can be viewed in the link below.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC66...x45YfKTR7czHZQ
Shreyas Hande is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 18:14   #255
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Micra's new all-black interior (with delightful touches of chrome & silver) looks very upmarket! The superb Sunny steering wheel (which was introduced a while ago), only adds to this feel:

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-screenshot_20160926175955.jpg

It's a case of too little, too late for the Micra, though. The Micra & Pulse are highly under rated cars in the market. Nissan & Renault only have themselves to blame for the low sales numbers of these two cars. It must be noted that the Micra began its Indian innings on a strong note and was initially causing a worry or two for both Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai. But one blunder after another from the Renault-Nissan Alliance led to their slow & painful decline.

Even with this update, the foolish product planners at Nissan have done away with the dCi XV Premium variant that offered side airbags, reverse camera & electro-chromic IRVM with display.

Last edited by RSR : 26th September 2016 at 18:16.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks