Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2024, 14:13   #12946
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

UPDATE

Sharing a long delayed update:

I will try to briefly summarize what happened since my last post here. Interesting fact that even Ford is reading this forum, as I got a call for mentioning the AC guys role in ironing out the challenge with the "Thud" sound.

So this happened since I dropped the car at the QuickLane in March :

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
4. After short drives or city drives especially with AC on - I observed that my radiator fan is mostly on High Speed, and then the compressor goes off.
So the jerk is that of the AC compressor going on and off. (my assumption
So this is precisely the radiator fan switching on to high speed mode - and might also be turning of the AC compressor to control heat.

Quote:
They suspect that the thermostat is not pumping sufficient coolant to manage the engine temperature as coolant levels are closer to max.
Looks like this is it. I replaced the thermostat and I checked rest of the components including radiator fan, AC compressor, coolant pump etc. All seems to be in place.

Now I see the thermostat in action to switch of the fan when not in need as well as toggling between high speed and low speed.

btw: These may be a regular thing and you may not notice the fan speed - but my mind is now tuned to listen to this since I have been running with this for a while.

Quote:
By logic, this should solve it. But I am sad that I had to have the AC guy find it and not the FASS.
This is something that made Ford flag this with the dealer and I have clarified with them about my year long run to solve this.

Summary

The regular "Thuds" are no longer to be seen, but I still see regular activity of radiator fan as soon as the AC is on. Which is normal to me.

But I somehow can feel that the fan is typically on top speed and there is some constant heating up happening around the engine.

This is something I need to look at - my car is slated for the 11 th year 1,10,000 KM service this Nov.

Btw - the car just recently clocked 99,750 on the ODO. Did a few Wayanad and Munnar trips over the summers "touchwood"
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 18:57   #12947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
I can connect you to one person in Chennai who can help you with this(not Idumbakumar) . He supplies Ford parts. I can share his contact in private message and he stays in Porur.
Wonderful! Thanks so much for all the info. Very useful. I am going to Chennai this weekend. Would you send me the supplier contact please? I just sent a PM to you. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TheEcoBeast : 6th August 2024 at 19:01.
TheEcoBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 13:54   #12948
BHPian

Recently my elder brother's EcoSport petrol automatic faced a weired issue that I wanted to share with you all.

Suddenly, the car just refused to crank while it was parked outside. At first the thought-process was the battery was somehow discharged and needed a jump start. The car was on duty and was driven by a chauffeur. As it happened while it was parked, the driver managed to get hold of a mechanic who tried with a charged battery but yet again, the car refused to crank. Also, we found that the car's electrical system is behaving erratic. Sometimes lights are getting on, then getting off after some time. Gear (AT) is locked, rear door is not opening etc. Ultimately, we called RSA and the car was towed to service centre.

Possibilities were playing in my head was
1. dynamo / alternator problem - not charging the battery
2. BCM malfunctioning
3. Something is shorted inside, leaking current

After inspection, the service centre provided a very weired reason for the case, that, due to the battery was completely drained out, all programs in the car are wiped out . According to them, this might happen in case a specific capacitor fails. So the capacitor needs to be changed and all the programs need to be reloaded. Service centre asked for 14k to replace the capacitor.

Now this sounded very strange to me, that, why on earth a drained battery and a faulty capacitor would wipe out programs from a car. Does anyone has any idea what it means? Are programs in this car are loaded on a powered memory which always need power to store its content? And why would some company like Ford (or any other manufacturers) design a car like that?

Being very much confused, I put up the case here, in case, someone can throw some light.
Old 14th August 2024, 10:23   #12949

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDevil009 View Post
Update: The car has been lying with the Ford ASS for over two weeks now, and the SA has called and informed that the expert from Chennai has inspected the vehicle and has informed that the only fix possible is to replace the entire Gearbox, and it is going to cost a "WHOPPING 5.5 LACS" . We are not ready to spend that kind of money on a soon-to-be 6 yr old car whose manufacturer has left the country. We are stuck in this predicament.

Please suggest any alternative solution if there is any like any known FNG or a good Ford ASS who can repair the gearbox. The forward gears engage and work fine. I am thinking of bringing the car down from native in Vijayawada to Bangalore so maybe there are more skilled people here who can help fix this.
Thanks a lot in advance.
We found that a used car dealer in Vijayawada is willing to source a used Ford AT gearbox for 2.5L, but i am wondering if it will very soon endup with issues, as its from quite an old car with lot of mileage. Is there any place i can source an older gearbox from a reliable source in Bengaluru? Or anybody who can repair the existing one?
Please help if anybody has done something similar before.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks