Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2024, 12:06   #12931
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Any word on Ford India launching new vehicles soon? One of the service advisors did mention December this year as the likely date but not sure.
Old 11th July 2024, 21:17   #12932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
Hi,

Would urge you to also consider Ceat Securadrive as well in your options. Have recently changed the tyres on my ES as well. My list of options were Yokos, UC6 & the securadrive. Finally went with the securadrive considering the budget I had. The initial impressions are good, but the next couple of months will decide if my decision was right.
Request you to please share your experience with Securadrive. I am on conti and its time for a change and wanted to experiment with another brand.
Old 14th July 2024, 15:04   #12933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
So on further investigation by self, I found the relay for Fan Motor Highspeed(R1) missing from the Fuse Box under the hood. Wonder if that was the reason the AC want working at the first place and they made me replace the entire fan motor assembly and related parts for over 15K ? Just to be sure replaced the relay and checked in OBD, the error disappeared. I really am not sure about Ford's up to, especially after this incident I'm absolutely upset. In 9 years+ ownership I have never had any concerns. Also i visited the ASC with the same concern and they deny it even being there and need a day to check if it really has a relay or not. Sometimes these ASC's think they know everything, but when an informed customer tries to show them their place, they just show their arrogance. Can anyone check their Fusebox if the relay is there or not and share a pic. Mine's a 2015 Ecosport TDCI Titanium+
Not sure if you ever got a response from owners here but if not, I would advise starting a new thread for visibility collating all your relevant posts till now. Posts like these get lost in a generic review thread.
Old 14th July 2024, 20:01   #12934

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2533.jpg

An idle brain is a devil's workshop and whenever I am idle, my mind becomes my workhorse's workplace. Whenever I have some free time I resort to my parking lot, working on the interior, exterior, and under the hood.

It's been more than 2 years since I got it water-washed outside. I got an Agaro pressure washer. Got a blower, and an interior vacuum cleaner. Have all machinery for polishing and supplies from 3M and other brands to keep my Darkhorse immaculate inside-out.

Apart from general services on the dot, spares part changes whenever required, I got the suspension overhauled at Chennai Ford very recently. I also have replaced my 205/60/R16 Mechiline P4STs (with >60000 KM on them) and with a brand-new set of Mechilines but went with a wider 215 set-up as I had plans to bump up a few horses. Called up WolfMoto and enlisted my vehicle for a Stage 1 upgrade on their next visit to Chennai (In a month or so).

Well, to come to the meat of the topic now, I have been bitten by a facelift bug. Whenever I see a 2019 or higher Black EcoSport, my wife tells me to wipe off the drool off my face. I have no intention to swap my trustworthy mate being my first car and a strong emotional connection.

So, I am exploring the possibility of changing the facia to a 2019 or higher version. I have seen a video where a Kerala Youtuber did it and a person from Delhi.

As far as I know I need to swap the bonnet, headlights, grill, DRLs, bumper on the outside. On the inside, the radiator mount and AC ducts.

I have checked with a few garages in Chennai and they turned me down saying they wont carry out the job citing parts. My request to mechanically sound minds here is what are the other parts I should be looking at to change? Any idea on the estimate? Any references as to who can get the job done anywhere in India.

I am heading to Sepang MotoGP in Nov and is there any way I can buy parts and ship them here?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2469.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2020fordecosportinshadowblack_o.jpg  

Old 17th July 2024, 11:16   #12935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEcoBeast View Post
I decelerate way ahead of speed breakers and toll plazas and let the car roll.
If you are doing this in-gear (ie not neutral) then it's a good idea, and you are winning on multiple counts:

1) Not using/overusing your brakes (ie. extending life)
2) Not going through multiple deceleration/acceleration cycles (which would use more fuel)
3) Smoother drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEcoBeast View Post
On open roads and slight slopes (not in hills), I shift to neutral when the car is running in 50s or 60s speed. It just rolls till the slope is over and saves fuel.
This is a bad idea for 2 reasons:

1) It's unsafe. Engine braking gives you a lot more control over your car.

2) This will give you WORSE fuel efficiency than leaving the car in gear and taking your foot off the accelerator!

Why? Because modern fuel-injection cars have something called DFCO (Deceleration Fuel Cut-Off).

I'll quote from an old post of mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Fuel IS cut off when you take your foot off the accelerator.

- This is assuming you are not at low / near-idle RPMs
- The car will still cruise along, especially in high gear (don't underestimate the momentum of a 1000kg car travelling at 50km/h!)
- Look at the real-time fuel efficiency gauge, it will show "0", "-", "99.9" or "infinity sign". This further proves my point.
- This is technically called as "DFCO" (Deceleration Fuel Cut Off)
- Naturally, it is dependent on other conditions too, and there are occasions when the injectors will fire occasionally - but for all practical purposes, there is no fuel going into the engine.
If you were in neutral, fuel WOULD be going to the engine to keep it idling, vs in DFCO absolutely no fuel would be used, as the momentum of the car would keep the engine turning over.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks