Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2023, 21:32   #12826

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookieraj View Post
I own a Dec 2013 model Ecosport 1.5D. Reading your post seemed like I was revisiting my experience with the door latches a year later. I too had to get both door latches on the left side replaced last year.

As I was not aware of any Ford service advisory or recall on this particular defect, the entire bill was footed by me.
Thanks, I had a similar experience. I was informed by the service center the next day that the Ford FSA would not cover it. I escalated to Ford but that didn't help as well with Ford advising that the door latch FSA had ended in February. To me, this was quite disappointing as I can't understand the rationale behind offering it only till February. Anyway, I paid out of my pocket and got it replaced. Since I was not in the city, I had the card delivered to my place and couldn't check it out.

I came back today and was disappointed to see that they broke the call button on the steering wheel (the car had been parked since the day it was delivered). I called the service advisor right away and it seemed that since the service was over 15 days ago, he wasn't willing to help. After a bit more discussion, he said he would get back to me tomorrow. I am curious to see what they have to say.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1image.jpg

All in all, this is probably the first time that I have been disappointed with Ford's service and support. Usually, I drop and pick up the car from the service center every time but since I was not in the city this time, I had no other option but to have the car delivered and hence could not report the issue earlier. In addition, I feel the front passenger window is making a lot of noise while opening and closing. This is the same door for which the latch was changed so, I am assuming proper care was not taken by the technician.

I do love the car and would like to have it with me at least for the next 3-4 years. Thinking of finding an independent and capable garage for the next time.

P.S.: I saw a TBhpian's post on another thread which I am unable to locate again. They had faced the door latch issue before the supposed February deadline and all 4 of the door latches were replaced for free in their case.
DetonatoR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 18:54   #12827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I noticed a issue first time while going to Pune TeamBhp meet @Wai. When my car is in turbo zone, rpm is getting up and down a bit randomly. Its not jerking, but it feels micro surge & sink of power for a constant A input. It feels like someone is making small adjustments to A pedal throttle. Going to get my pending service done soon and look into this issue. However as usual all symptoms disappear when i visit workshop & explain them to technician.
True I have no answer and consistently fail to reproduce this on FASS visits. Somehow I have the recording of the tachometer, I will get this sorted with my service due in November, which I may get done a month before. This will be my 9th year service and if that doesn't work an EGR cleaning is next in line.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 23:56   #12828
BHPian

EGR Cleaning Woes

Quote:
I noticed a issue first time while going to Pune TeamBhp meet @Wai. When my car is in turbo zone, rpm is getting up and down a bit randomly. Its not jerking, but it feels micro surge & sink of power for a constant A input. It feels like someone is making small adjustments to A pedal throttle. Going to get my pending service done soon and look into this issue. However as usual all symptoms disappear when i visit workshop & explain them to technician.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
True I have no answer and consistently fail to reproduce this on FASS visits. Somehow I have the recording of the tachometer, I will get this sorted with my service due in November, which I may get done a month before. This will be my 9th year service and if that doesn't work an EGR cleaning is next in line.
So finally this week I got my 9Yr / 1.1L KM servicing done. Initially the SA agreed to do EGR cleaning for 1K. He was trying to search the labor code for the same and was unable to find it. So under estimate he chose something else which amounts to 1K and made the quote. However when the service started, the technicians informed him that:

1: EGR cleaning is not required for Ford
2: In case of issue, replacement is done and not cleaning.
3: It will take multiple days and car will be stuck for 3 days

So EGR cleaning at Ford Authorized Workshop was ruled out, in line with what ABHI_1512 had mentioned in his post here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5606552

The SA unofficially told me that the technicians have no experience of EGR cleaning, and they are scared of damaging components during this process. So Sir, please do it outside in a skilled workshop preferably where your friend (ABHI_1512) have done it. So the Ford technicians have admitted that they are not skilled enough compared with FNG

Then I had a requirement of changing the steering ball joints and inspect tie rod ends. SA was pushing for the whole steering rack replacement for 15K. When I only wanted to do ball joint replacement he mentioned that part was not available.

Also my clutch is still running stock for 1.1L km and due for change. So is the battery which crossed 5yrs.

Total service bill came 6.2K, which included extra brake oil replacement and a pair of front wiper blades. After using Bosch Clear Advantage frameless wipers, the oem framed wipers looks pretty bad and have a white motocross branding which is an eyesore.

I happened to be the only customer who came to service car on Ganesh Chaturthi ! The workshop was deserted with a couple more cars brought down as home pickup and drop.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20230919_115033.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20230919_112515.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th October 2023 at 07:39. Reason: Masked the plates of the Blue Ecosport.
Samfromindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 00:07   #12829
BHPian

Re: EGR Cleaning Woes

Quote:
So finally this week I got my 9Yr / 1.1L KM servicing done.
So that's the way with EGR.

Let me know post your drive and any observation on that unpredictable/irreproducible "jerk". I will scout for a place for EGR cleaning in Cochin - while I wait to hear from you on your observations.

My car is due for service in a month.
Old 22nd September 2023, 00:19   #12830
BHPian

Quote:
So that's the way with EGR.

Let me know post your drive and any observation on that unpredictable/irreproducible "jerk". I will scout for a place for EGR cleaning in Cochin - while I wait to hear from you on your observations.

My car is due for service in a month.
Yes actually next week I am having Pune - Aurangabad drive lined up, will notice if that rpm fluctuation issue is still there or disappeared after the service.

Before December I plan to:
  1. Replace stock clutch
  2. Replace steering ball joints + tie rod ends (Or whole steering rack)
  3. Replace Battery

I need to drive Pune - Kolkata (~2K KM) on 1st week of December. If problem still persist the only option is to find a reliable FNG who will do the EGR cleaning, or approach Bhpian dip27in (hi everyone from Kolkata) with some expensive whiskey so he provides the same favor to me which ABHI_1512 got at his personal workshop
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 15:10   #12831
BHPian

Quote:
Yes actually next week I am having Pune - Aurangabad drive lined up, will notice if that rpm fluctuation issue is still there or disappeared after the service.
On deeper observation of the issue with the car, I have nailed this down to the AC and compressor. I have ruled out the EGR issue given that the car works hassle-free without the AC.

A few observations I had are:

1. Very clear push-up/down when AC is turned on - when the car is on the move. Which makes me feel that the AC is too powerful for the engine to take.

2. That weird up / down acceleration + jerk when the car is on AC.

3. Not-so-regular movement of tachometer on idling with AC.

I got my 10th year / 1 L KM service done and my car has around 96K on the ODO.

FASS could not identify anything and has replaced all the filters and replaced engine oil.

I plan to take it to the AC guys to see if they know something here as FASS does not take this to be an issue.
Old 25th October 2023, 12:55   #12832
BHPian

I have also observed this slight jerk when AC is on in my 2017 Aspire tdci. As this only happens during the AC compressor turns on/off, I have ignored the issue.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 14:47   #12833

Hi, the image that you have uploaded in this post is my vehicle ( the Blue ecosport), I get call from Ford Regarding clarification on issue that I never faced.
Can you take out the image or blur the number of my vehicle please.
pragyaal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 04:21   #12834
BHPian

Quote:
FASS could not identify anything and has replaced all the filters and replaced engine oil.

I plan to take it to the AC guys to see if they know something here as FASS does not take this to be an issue.
Glad you were able to identify the root cause of the issue at least. Do update us if the problem is solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragyaal View Post
Hi, the image that you have uploaded in this post is my vehicle ( the Blue ecosport), I get call from Ford Regarding clarification on issue that I never faced.
Can you take out the image or blur the number of my vehicle please.
Haha so your 2nd post on Team Bhp happened due to me accidently uploading a picture of your car Read further down below to know what really happened !

Quote:
So finally this week I got my 9Yr / 1.1L KM servicing done. Initially the SA agreed to do EGR cleaning for 1K. He was trying to search the labor code for the same and was unable to find it. So under estimate he chose something else which amounts to 1K and made the quote. However when the service started, the technicians informed him that:

1: EGR cleaning is not required for Ford
2: In case of issue, replacement is done and not cleaning.
3: It will take multiple days and car will be stuck for 3 days

So EGR cleaning at Ford Authorized Workshop was ruled out, in line with what ABHI_1512 had mentioned in his post here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5606552

The SA unofficially told me that the technicians have no experience of EGR cleaning, and they are scared of damaging components during this process. So Sir, please do it outside in a skilled workshop preferably where your friend (ABHI_1512) have done it. So the Ford technicians have admitted that they are not skilled enough compared with FNG

Then I had a requirement of changing the steering ball joints and inspect tie rod ends. SA was pushing for the whole steering rack replacement for 15K. When I only wanted to do ball joint replacement he mentioned that part was not available.

Also my clutch is still running stock for 1.1L km and due for change. So is the battery which crossed 5yrs.
Quote:

Before December I plan to:
  1. Replace stock clutch
  2. Replace steering ball joints + tie rod ends (Or whole steering rack)
  3. Replace Battery

I need to drive Pune - Kolkata (~2K KM) on 1st week of December. If problem still persist the only option is to find a reliable FNG who will do the EGR cleaning, or approach Bhpian dip27in (hi everyone from Kolkata) with some expensive whiskey so he provides the same favor to me which ABHI_1512 got at his personal workshop
Last month completed 800KM Pune - Aurangabad (Ajanta-Ellora) trip. The clutch had reached its end of life and slipping in higher RPMs. Served well for 1.1L KM. Meanwhile the electronic boot release system got stuck and not able to open the boot (Seems to be a common problem).

Last week got call from Ford Workshop (Talera Ford, Wagholi, Pune) to discuss about the above quoted post I made on TeamBhp.

Apparently this made its way to Ford India and their workshop got escalated. Got a couple more calls from Workshop manager and then the service advisor called me in audio recording mode.

He was continually asking me if he said what I have written above:

Quote:
What I realized is that he was made scrape goat by the higher management / workshop manager for this escalation and they wanted a recorded proof that he said this or I made this up. However in reality the SA initially accepted the EGR cleaning request and also quoted the charge on the job card, only to get rejected by the technicians post which he informed me otherwise. I tried to save him by diverting from this topic but he was adamant to know what he said (probably in front of higher management)

Anyways they informed me to come immediately for the EGR cleaning and get it sorted. I have finally scheduled my visit tomorrow, however this time I need to replace clutch & the ball joints, so not keen on doing the EGR cleaning along with it so that I can better judge the effects of the other mechanical fixes for this job. Besides due to reasons quoted above, I don't want to end up as a guinea pig for a work they don't do otherwise, but now doing due to this escalation.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 6th November 2023 at 04:40.
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 09:38   #12835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last week got call from Ford Workshop (Talera Ford, Wagholi, Pune) to discuss about the above quoted post I made on TeamBhp.

Apparently this made its way to Ford India and their workshop got escalated...
This gives me so much re-assurance in that Ford India is still monitoring online channels and taking up issues even without a formal complaint !

You know that feeling when something feels too good to be true ?! Even after they have left, to be able to offer such a good service experience and to be able to have control over the dealers is a commendable feat and fingers crossed this continues.
fiat_tarun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 15:28   #12836
BHPian

Quote:
Glad you were able to identify the root cause of the issue at least. Do update us if the problem is solved.
Interestingly, yesterday I had gone to Ford quicklane about a few minutes from my house to inspect a "thud" from my front suspension. I bumped into a senior SA whom I knew and he recognized me being long terms customers. We took the car out to drive, and he pointed out the "thud" to the suspension and suggested to replace them both together whenever I plan to.

I explained the scenario to him, and when I pointed out at the AC service I did outside he suggested one probable case.

It seems the AC gas has a pressure check and anytime it is overfilled or underfilled this might affect the cut-off sensor to prompt the compressor to on/off intermittently. (This is what I could understand as a layman)

He also added, that externally they many not cross check the optimal pressure but would just refill. This intermittent cut-off would be the cause of sudden push and pull while the AC is on.

For me, this sounds like it. He said they can do the refill at FASS but would need time, I am planning to give the car for suspension replacement in a week or so and plan to get this done as well. Hope this should sort it out.

Quote:
Anyways they informed me to come immediately for the EGR cleaning and get it sorted. I have finally scheduled my visit tomorrow, however this time I need to replace clutch & the ball joints, so not keen on doing the EGR cleaning along with it so that I can better judge the effects of the other mechanical fixes for this job. Besides due to reasons quoted above, I don't want to end up as a guinea pig for a work they don't do otherwise, but now doing due to this escalation.
I had taken up this issue with a Senior SA I know, he said this can be done but mentioned that its not easy due to multiple connectors and valves which are on route and will need some patience to get this done. Any valves removed to get the EGR might have to be replaced. He expressed concerns on the workmanship & also suggested not to do unless there is a malfunction.
Old 15th November 2023, 20:27   #12837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It seems the AC gas has a pressure check and anytime it is overfilled or underfilled this might affect the cut-off sensor to prompt the compressor to on/off intermittently. (This is what I could understand as a layman)
Is it really a 'thud' or just 'tik' sound? Isn't it normal that the compressor turns on and off intermittently for Ford vehicles? Do you notice this at you garage while idling? Didn't that sound exist right from the day of purchase?
Old 15th November 2023, 22:41   #12838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Is it really a 'thud' or just 'tik' sound? Isn't it normal that the compressor turns on and off intermittently for Ford vehicles? Do you notice this at you garage while idling? Didn't that sound exist right from the day of purchase?
Hi Thoma, I understand the sound you are referring to which is usually loud from outside near the bonnet, but not so audible inside the car.

For me, the story is when the car is on the move, where even we may not hear the compressor going on and off. This is more of a feeling on the pedals than the sound by the way.
Old 15th November 2023, 23:19   #12839
BHPian

I have an issue in my ecosport diesel. During winters when I switch off my engine there is a sound which is like sound of belt (that used to come in wagon r). This happens during initial 6-7 km and then it goes. During this period the car while switching to 1 or 2nd gear and accelerating also makes the same sound and slight jerk is felt. I am attaching a video to see. If any one can help in diagnosing or would be a great help. Thank you.
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 21:56   #12840
BHPian

Quote:
I had taken up this issue with a Senior SA I know, he said this can be done but mentioned that its not easy due to multiple connectors and valves which are on route and will need some patience to get this done. Any valves removed to get the EGR might have to be replaced. He expressed concerns on the workmanship & also suggested not to do unless there is a malfunction.
Yes like I said, the so called unauthorized FNG mechanics are doing it like a pro while the Ford trained "educated" mechanics are cowering with fear on something which is supposed to be a periodic maintenance for older cars with high miles. The only thing they know is to replace and not repair and inflate the bill by replacing unnecessary parts which may not have reached the end of life.

2 weeks back I finally got all the pending work done at Talera Ford, which included: Clutch Overhaul and Steering Rack Replacement (Workshop SA are more interested to replace the whole rack instead of finding the problem part like ball joint, tie rod ends etc.) Got a call from SA to replace the lower arm, tie rods & bush as well. Cost for all these came around 42K. Also had some body work done. On 2nd year LH fender got denting & paining done @ FASS under insurance after accidental damage. Few years back noticed paint bubbling in that area and subsequently white spots. Now had to repaint that with my own money thanks to shoddy paintjob by Ganges Ford, Kolkata. Along with it had the boot painted as well which had minor dent along with key scratches. All these came for 10K extra. Got the car back after paying 52K. As I mentioned before, skipped the EGR cleaning, the workshop made me sign that I am skipping the same.

The SA tried to sell me Goodyear Assurance tires by insisting my 4yr 40K run Michelin Primacy 4 have reached end of life Same with the Amaron Flo battery. I think he may be having a target to hand me 1L bill.

The cleaning guy had total apathy for work. Car was not cleaned properly and had to tell multiple times the problem areas. Then found him using same cloth for both exterior and interior job. I had earlier requested the body shop guy to touch up the nicks on door edges during the painting process, that was also not done. He was making excuses like it will look bad and will not stay when I am doing the same for last 9 yrs in different workshops.

Then the most comical part, in the vehicle report card they mentioned wiper to be end of life, the one which I replaced 3 months back from them and had maybe 3-4 times usage. What I realized is that, SA will randomly pick part for replacement without checking condition or the necessity for getting a new one for $.

Well the good part is the clutch feels light and most of the suspension noises are gone. However the boot repair seems to have introduced noises on rear which I need to check. The boot door inner trim was also not aligned properly which exposed some white paint, the bodyshop guy insisted its normal after removing once

Last edited by Samfromindia : 21st November 2023 at 22:01.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks