Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2022, 23:15   #12661
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaak009 View Post
Hi wanting to upgrade from my stock tyres. Looking at Yoko Earths and MRFs anyone has any input? Want to find the best grip and price quotient. Brands over these two are a welcome as well
Hi,

Would urge you to also consider Ceat Securadrive as well in your options. Have recently changed the tyres on my ES as well. My list of options were Yokos, UC6 & the securadrive. Finally went with the securadrive considering the budget I had. The initial impressions are good, but the next couple of months will decide if my decision was right.
iamsai_iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 01:03   #12662
BHPian

Bad experience with Ford ecosport service

I gave my ford ecosport for service on 26th May 2022 to Harpreet Ford,Sahibabad and it was returned dirty without cleaning!!

They picked up my car @ 8AM in the morning and commited drop by 4PM.
But to my surprise it was returned at 2PM itself, dirtier than its pick up state.

I am skeptical if they have even serviced my vehicle at all.Please be aware of such malpractices.There is no way to escalate these complaints since no one has responded yet to my complaint.

Sad to say that I had no "family wali feeling" (ford tagline) and only left with "feeling cheated"
Old 1st June 2022, 14:47   #12663
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Ford ecosport service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
....There is no way to escalate these complaints since no one has responded yet to my complaint.

Sad to say that I had no "family wali feeling" (ford tagline) and only left with "feeling cheated"
This complaint has been registered directly with Ford or at the dealer level ? Ford is usually very prompt to react to complaints. As per the settlement deal with the dealers, a lot of their service related payouts are linked to customer satisfaction, so do reach out to Ford if you have not yet.

If yes, do contact them via social media channels and you should get a response.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 21:02   #12664
BHPian

Guys I faced a weird issue in my EcoSport twice, once last Saturday on my way to Hyderabad and the same issue today while on a drive to Mahabalipuram.

The Issue:

At roughly about 85-100kmph there was a heavy shudder while I was accelerating. This happened for hardly a second. When this happened for the first time last week (continuosly for about 3 accelerator inputs all for a second) about 100kms into my trip. The entire car vibrated with the front wheels feeling like they were bouncing.

When this happened for the first time both my dad and me thought it might be the road as we were crossing a part of the NH that was patched up(even though I felt the engine not accelerating despite me flooring it). Post that my car performed flawlessly for the entire trip ~1457kms. Post my return I covered about another 200kms in city traffic.

Today on the smooth ECR I felt this same issue again for a fraction of a second. It felt like the engine was choking, post that I floored the car and it behaved normally. No error codes on the MID. This time the feeling of vibration was less intense than the first time.

My 2021(March) EcoSport has run 26,250kms in 15 months. The Odo was 24.7k kms when I felt this first. No issues and no DPF warnings also till now. *Touchwood*

Has anyone else felt something similar in your EcoSport ? Safe to say I am very worried by this and planning to take the car to Ford service center sometime next weekend.

Kindly provide your input.

Last edited by Shanksta : 11th June 2022 at 21:04.
Old 13th June 2022, 08:27   #12665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Has anyone else felt something similar in your EcoSport ? Safe to say I am very worried by this and planning to take the car to Ford service center sometime next weekend.

Did you get the DPF replaced under "Recall"?
Old 13th June 2022, 22:17   #12666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNaga View Post
Did you get the DPF replaced under "Recall"?
No, I received the recall letter for 21E13 from Ford. However, when I called the dealership they said that they will be calling me when it's my turn. I kept following up and they said they have not received the parts from Ford for the same. About a month ago I called Ford helpline directly to find why I did not get the parts, the executive told me that Ford has actually stopped the recall as they have some software update now to rectify the issue and I would be notified regarding the same. Not received anything till now.

Also adding to this fact was my EcoSport *touchwood* did not have any issues and I had clocked 23k kms at that point. Plus I kept reading that many cars had more issues post the recall, hence even I did not pursue the matter beyond that.

Coincidentally just 3 weeks before this issue occurred I was asked to come back to office(post pandemic WFH) and my car faced proper city traffic. Out of the 23k kms before that it was almost 21k kms purely on the highways.

Last edited by Shanksta : 13th June 2022 at 22:19.
Old 15th June 2022, 13:41   #12667
BHPian

Quote:

Update:

Took my car to Dhruvan Ford yesterday, they connected the laptop and checked for error codes which were none. They then checked the DPF and it had a soot level of 68%. They attributed this could be the cause for the issue I experienced and ran the DPF regen process via OBD port. Additionally there was also a software update which they updated.

All of this took about 3 hours and I got my car back at 12PM with everything billed free of cost. I need to use it again and see if I face the issue again. So as per the current design and working of the DPF Ford wants their BS6 diesel customers to take the car for a highway run every week .

*Fingers crossed* I don't face any issue again. I really love my EcoSport and don't want this DPF to be the reason I sell her earlier than intended.

Last edited by Shanksta : 15th June 2022 at 13:42.
Old 19th June 2022, 02:42   #12668

I have been facing similar issue with my 2020 Ecosport. Getting this error from last 2 weeks. I did drive on the highway on 60kmph / 2000rpm however I am still stuck with the same error
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220619-2.38.31-am.jpeg

Quote:
Update:

Took my car to Dhruvan Ford yesterday, they connected the laptop and checked for error codes which were none. They then checked the DPF and it had a soot level of 68%. They attributed this could be the cause for the issue I experienced and ran the DPF regen process via OBD port. Additionally there was also a software update which they updated.

All of this took about 3 hours and I got my car back at 12PM with everything billed free of cost. I need to use it again and see if I face the issue again. So as per the current design and working of the DPF Ford wants their BS6 diesel customers to take the car for a highway run every week .

*Fingers crossed* I don't face any issue again. I really love my EcoSport and don't want this DPF to be the reason I sell her earlier than intended.
Old 20th June 2022, 11:27   #12669
BHPian

Does anybody have a clue how many Amps battery the first gen ecosport uses?
There's no mention of it in the manual.
My 2013 ecosports battery died out and the shop replaced the existing 52Ah battery with 45Ah one. It's working flawlessly, but i don't know what the car originally came with.
Old 20th June 2022, 11:33   #12670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Does anybody have a clue how many Amps battery the first gen ecosport uses?
Comes with 43. But I remember some members mentioning they've put a higher capacity battery because the stock isn't sufficient?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 11:52   #12671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Comes with 43. But I remember some members mentioning they've put a higher capacity battery because the stock isn't sufficient?
Very strange, as the old battery which I just threw out was a Ford motorcraft 52Ah installed by the service center. I guess they are all interchangeable? And offer less or more service life.
Old 20th June 2022, 13:50   #12672
BHPian

Quote:
At roughly about 85-100kmph there was a heavy shudder while I was accelerating. This happened for hardly a second. When this happened for the first time last week (continuosly for about 3 accelerator inputs all for a second) about 100kms into my trip. The entire car vibrated with the front wheels feeling like they were bouncing.
Hi

Faced something similar in my first year of ownership(my ES is a 2018 model & has done some 44k). At that time it was attributed to a clogged fuel line. The SA showed me photos of sediments in the line.

Had got the fuel lines cleaned & post that had not experienced the issue till date.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th June 2022 at 14:07. Reason: Trimming quoted post
iamsai_iyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 01:20   #12673
Mao

Hello everyone!
Lately I have been facing this issue in my 2013 Ford Ecosport (1.0L Ecoboost Titanium). One day while driving my Ford Sync gave up on me. When I tried to lower down or increase the volume, it didn’t work. I tried to switch off the power button and start it up again to see if that would solve the issue, but it didn’t. In fact the screen froze and was showing only the FORD SYNC logo. Once I got back home, I switched off the car engine and started the car again and it started working again (the screen started working, buttons were responsive, and I could change between radio and USB mode). But as soon I start to drive the problem seems to come back again.
Now I’ve googled for answers if there are any solutions for that. There was many troubleshooting advices which I saw and tried – Master reset, restoring to factory defaults, pulling the fuse for SYNC & audio for a minute or two and putting it back again etc etc, but none of these troubleshooting methods seems to work. I’ve tried connecting it to an OBD scanner but there were no fault codes.
Now, first I thought it would be a low battery issue, but the car starts fine even with headlights and AC on. Now I’ve ordered some 15Amp mini-fuses for Ford and will change the fuse and see whether that will work or not.
My fear is that the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) has gone haywire and I just don’t want to replace it unless I’m sure that the APIM is the issue and I’ve not yet visited a Ford dealer because back in my mind I have this feeling that they would surely go ahead with that. Maybe its just a loose wiring issue or some grounding problem of the module somewhere behind the dashboard!!
Any suggestions or advice on what should be my next move?
Old 28th June 2022, 15:51   #12674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller17 View Post
I have been facing similar issue with my 2020 Ecosport. Getting this error from last 2 weeks. I did drive on the highway on 60kmph / 2000rpm however I am still stuck with the same error
Attachment 2322348
My ES is BS-VI 2021 April. Was using mostly on highways and had no DPF issue. Got the Recall done in end of December '21 when DPF along with some other components was changed and PCM Software was updated. Continued with mostly highway runs. In April, when I went to Chennai, got the same message in about 300 km of city run. Had another highway run planned already, so drove at 2000 RPM till I got another message saying "EXHAUST CLEAN DRIVE COMPLETED" or similar.

At 2000 RPM, in 5th gear, the speed is above 90 KMPH so you can't maintain the engine speed. I have found a trick where I drive in 4th gear at 2000 RPM when the speed is 75 KMPH which is better maintainable than 90 KMPH. In fact, one can try 3rd gear where the speed would be even lower and even more maintainable. Idea is to maximise the continuous time for which the engine will be running at 2000 RPM. Keep an eye on the "INSTANTANEOUS FUEL CONSUMPTION" - a lower figure will indicate "EXHAUST CLEAN DRIVE" going on, and the figure will magically jump to at least 140% once the "EXHAUST CLEAN DRIVE" completes.

With the updated PCM Software, it tries to automatically perform exhaust clean drive every now and then, which leads to a BIG drop in the "INSTANTANEOUS FUEL CONSUMPTION" figure. Follow procedure as I've told above.
KNaga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 17:28   #12675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I faced a weird issue in my EcoSport twice, once last Saturday on my way to Hyderabad and the same issue today while on a drive to Mahabalipuram.

The Issue:

When this happened for the first time both my dad and me thought it might be the road as we were crossing a part of the NH that was patched up(even though I felt the engine not accelerating despite me flooring it). Post that my car performed flawlessly for the entire trip ~1457kms. Post my return I covered about another 200kms in city traffic.

Today on the smooth ECR I felt this same issue again for a fraction of a second. It felt like the engine was choking, post that I floored the car and it behaved normally. No error codes on the MID. This time the feeling of vibration was less intense than the first time.

My 2021(March) EcoSport has run 26,250kms in 15 months. The Odo was 24.7k kms when I felt this first. No issues and no DPF warnings also till now. *Touchwood*

Yes, I faced the same issue on my March 2021 Ecosport in the end of April this year. And I had not got it in the prior 13 months. I first got an 'exhaust filter overloaded, drive to clean message' on the way back from an airport drop. Did not have a chance to drive at a constant speed to clean it. I tried the 3rd gear trick of driving at 60 kmph, but could not maintain that for more than a few minutes, owing to traffic.

After a couple of days, I took it for a drive on the ORR and I got the same judder twice, each for 4 to 5 seconds. Exactly as you have described. No such judder later. I drove for an hour in 4th gear at a speed of 80 to 85 kmph (ORR is a bliss in Hyderabad) and the message did not come after that. During that hour, I did get 'Filter cleaning' message a couple of times.

I also had my cat con replaced in Jan 2022. The car had completed only 7800 kms by then, and mostly on the highway till then. The issue cropped up for the first time within 1500 kms of changing the catcon, where the car was used maximum on congested roads. I'd even kept the engine running for 20 minutes while having breakfast at a roadside joint a couple of days before I got that error.

To summarize, I think I'd have got it much before, had i used the car on congested roads. That did not happen due to WFH policy and also because driving during the 3rd wave was a breeze even on city roads.

Quote:

Coincidentally just 3 weeks before this issue occurred I was asked to come back to office(post pandemic WFH) and my car faced proper city traffic. s.
As mentioned, this could be the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNaga View Post
At 2000 RPM, in 5th gear, the speed is above 90 KMPH so you can't maintain the engine speed. I have found a trick where I drive in 4th gear at 2000 RPM when the speed is 75 KMPH which is better maintainable than 90 KMPH. In fact, one can try 3rd gear where the speed would be even lower and even more maintainable. Idea is to maximise the continuous time for which the engine will be running at 2000 RPM. Keep an eye on the "INSTANTANEOUS FUEL CONSUMPTION" - a lower figure will indicate "EXHAUST CLEAN DRIVE" going on, and the figure will magically jump to at least 140% once the "EXHAUST CLEAN DRIVE" completes.
Driving in 4th gear at around 80 to 90 is what I had done. 3rd gear is not advisable, going by the recommendation of Ford. I'd first tried the 3rd gear trick for around 10 minutes, but that did not seem to work.

Please see the url below, and it mentions driving on 4th or 5th gear for about 60 kms at > 60 kmph, with the odo between 1500 to 2300 rpm.

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/die...culate-filter/
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks