Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 14:24   #12616
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
This confusion is all because of constant feature additions-deletions by Ford India.

I think you may have noticed a 2018 model that has everything except Sunroof. Not sure but check it again and then make a comparison with 2019 onwards model.
AFAIK from 2019 onwards, Titanium+, Thunder & Sports S models have Sunroof.

Titanium+ AT model equipped with Cruise Control and Paddle Shifters should have 6 airbags not 2.

But like I said, inspite of all these, you need to check and verify from the advertisement. Ask the owner or tell him to send more pictures if you have any features related doubt.
That’s what my understanding is. Titanium plus with Cruise Control and Pedal shifters should have 6 airbags too. Unfortunately all the cars listed on olx are through dealers and they themselves don’t know what they are selling.

I have attached the pictures of three different cars. The Grey car is from 2018. Brown one is from 2019 and the white car is from 2018 however the registration date is of February so I am assuming that this would be late 2017 model which the dealer is not disclosing. None of these cars have sunroof. Not even 2019 one.
Attached Images

Old 21st January 2022, 15:40   #12617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I have attached the pictures of three different cars. The Grey car is from 2018. Brown one is from 2019 and the white car is from 2018 however the registration date is of February so I am assuming that this would be late 2017 model which the dealer is not disclosing. None of these cars have sunroof. Not even 2019 one.
If you can get a copy of the RC from the dealer for the white one, you can easily decode the VIN to find the manufacturing month and year.

Additionally I also remember there was the below website which you can check to know the exact details of the car.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 23:29   #12618
BHPian

Booked a 2020 model on cars24. It’s Titanium plus with sunroof. So I think they introduced Sunroof in AT version in 2020 since 2019 cars don’t have sunroofs. Price is 10.09 lacs. Now I am really confused. Should I spend 10 lacs on a car from Ford which is not selling cars in India anymore. Could you guys confirm the on road price for Titanium Plus version ?
Old 25th January 2022, 11:41   #12619

Confused on Ford service center advice

Happy morning to all bhpians.

I am about to get my Ford Ecosport serviced for clocking 20,000km in 1year. The service center guys advised to get engine compartment cleaned and the ac duct cleaned which costs about Rs.3000. I don't know if these both are necessary for now.

The car's daily running is about 70km-80km. 50 percent usage on highways and 50 percent on city roads. The car runs all the time with the AC on.

Another issue that I face in my car is that it pulls itself slightly towards left on the long stretch of roads and needs correction if the steering is let go for 2 to 3 seconds. I heard the same from some of the owners but not convinced with the service center's reply to this issue stating alignment and balancing issue. I found this issue just 2 days after the balancing and alignment.

Please provide some insights about the confusions.

HAPPY MOTORING!!!
Old 4th February 2022, 22:49   #12620
BHPian

Has anyone tried adding ambient lighting to the latest versions. The car has the slots and I am assuming it would have the necessary wiring too. Please share your experience.
Old 6th February 2022, 08:49   #12621

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Has anyone tried adding ambient lighting to the latest versions. The car has the slots and I am assuming it would have the necessary wiring too. Please share your experience.
I have installed ambient light from the dealer in Ecosport 2021 titanium model. The fit and finish is good and no wire can be seen on the outside.
Unlike the titanium S trim which has square type factory fitted ambient light, this one is a ring one and stays on all the time irrespective of day and night.
It costed me around Rs 3000 and has 5 color choices
Mainly red, blue, pink, yellow.
The slots are perfectly made and fit and finish will be fine.
Hope this helps
Toxic_Drake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 21:45   #12622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic_Drake View Post
I have installed ambient light from the dealer in Ecosport 2021 titanium model. The fit and finish is good and no wire can be seen on the outside.
Mainly red, blue, pink, yellow.
The slots are perfectly made and fit and finish will be fine.
Hope this helps
Thanks Drake,

Would you be able to share a picture of the fitting? I am looking for something which can fir into the OE slots but haven’t been able to find anything so if the fitment is like OE I will consider what you have. I saw it in the accessories brochure of ford too.
Old 15th February 2022, 21:56   #12623
BHPian

It has been quite some time since I have updated anything on the forum. Just dropping this point across to fellow owners "pre-facelift".

After almost 8 years of owning my TDCi I started adding some bells and whistles (much needed) to my car. Recently I added a BiXenon Fog Lamp (2020). I just enrolled into one of the regional owners club and it helped me source the Cross Bars at a discounted rate.

But there are a few ones I would still like to add.

1. Engine Cover: Has anyone bought the engine cover for your car - I have read that the Duratorq one from the Fiesta fits well on the Eco Diesel engine as an engine cover.

2. Tweeters: Can anyone recommend or suggest the tweeters that would go into the slots provided on front doors. I did find one on Boodmo - any other recommendations?

3. Worn out seals/rubber near the windsheild: Of the few things that have been worrying me is the sad shape of the trim that holds the windshield. The entire base which holds the windshield wiper arms is in a bad shape and is worn out. Looks like the seal has detached from the windshield at some places, which makes dirt accumulate. Is there a way we can fix this, or should I buy the whole part in one shot? Any recommendation?

looking forward to your insights.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 14:45   #12624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
After almost 8 years of owning my TDCi I started adding some bells and whistles (much needed) to my car. Recently I added a BiXenon Fog Lamp (2020). I just enrolled into one of the regional owners club and it helped me source the Cross Bars at a discounted rate.

But there are a few ones I would still like to add.

1. Engine Cover: Has anyone bought the engine cover for your car - I have read that the Duratorq one from the Fiesta fits well on the Eco Diesel engine as an engine cover.

2. Tweeters: Can anyone recommend or suggest the tweeters that would go into the slots provided on front doors. I did find one on Boodmo - any other recommendations?

3. Worn out seals/rubber near the windsheild: Of the few things that have been worrying me is the sad shape of the trim that holds the windshield. The entire base which holds the windshield wiper arms is in a bad shape and is worn out. Looks like the seal has detached from the windshield at some places, which makes dirt accumulate. Is there a way we can fix this, or should I buy the whole part in one shot? Any recommendation?

looking forward to your insights.
Hello - can you share the details of the fog lamps.
1. Fiesta engine cover is a direct fit i heard, but my service center was never able to get 1 in stock
2. I don't think there is any wiring in the slots in front doors, do consider that in the estimated cost.
BhayanaV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 17:51   #12625
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a pre facelift 2014 EcoSport TDCi which is still in great shape. Need to add/ change some accessories and small mods that is very much needed after this many years of use

1. New floor mats - which one to install 3D/ 4D/ 5D/ 7D - what is the difference between these and which is the best brand to go for?
2. Headlight Upgrade - which one to go about
3. Engine bay insulation - need a new one

Can you suggest any good car detailer in Bangalore who can get this all done at one place.
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:22   #12626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhayanaV View Post
Hello - can you share the details of the fog lamps.
1. Fiesta engine cover is a direct fit i heard, but my service center was never able to get 1 in stock
Hi Bhayanav, guiding you to the more detailed thread from ChiranjitP. I upgraded mine based on his inputs. And this works magic. You essentially do not need the headlamp when this is in place, and align it well to ensure that the beams do not hit the oncoming traffic badly.

I have switched to night driving completely especially for long distance after the upgrade - which otherwise was a pain with the stock lights.

Photos and details of my upgrade is also in the same thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-ecosport.html (DIY: HID Bi-Xenon projector foglamps in our EcoSport)

Engine Cover: On the engine cover. Yes. I was told that the one that comes for the Global Fiesta is a direct fit. But no chance of sourcing. Not in stock on Boodmo as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhayanaV View Post
2. I don't think there is any wiring in the slots in front doors, do consider that in the estimated cost.
Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a pre facelift 2014 EcoSport TDCi which is still in great shape. Need to add/ change some accessories and small mods that is very much needed after this many years of use

1. New floor mats - which one to install 3D/ 4D/ 5D/ 7D - what is the difference between these and which is the best brand to go for?
I have a start 3D mat which I bought back in 2014 and is still doing duty. I have seen many people - especially the new ecosport going gaga over 7D mats which I feel are an overkill. I feel these are just random names that manufacturers add owing to the demand 3D created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
2. Headlight Upgrade - which one to go about
2. Headlight upgrade may not be worth given the old reflectors. Suggest to check out the fog lamps that can be upgraded - feel free to check out the link I shared above.

Can you suggest any good car detailer in Bangalore who can get this all done at one place.[/quote]
peterjim13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 10:17   #12627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Photos and details of my upgrade is also in the same thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-ecosport.html (DIY: HID Bi-Xenon projector foglamps in our EcoSport)

1. I have a start 3D mat which I bought back in 2014 and is still doing duty.

2. Headlight upgrade may not be worth given the old reflectors. Suggest to check out the fog lamps that can be upgraded - feel free to check out the link I shared above.

3. Can you suggest any good car detailer in Bangalore who can get this all done at one place.
[/quote]

Thanks Peter, summarizing your take have a few clarifications-

a. Can you share the pics or the brand of 3D mats which last and do the job well.
b. Understand from the thread that Headlight bump up will not work very well, does any change to premium bulbs help it a bit.

Also on the same topic now fully convinced on planning to go for the fog lamp upgrade to zenons, as I a completely a non DIY or technical guy, how should one go about this whole process.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 12:18   #12628
BHPian

crack in hose/pipe

today while checking oil noticed a crack in a pipe , for time being i have put on duct tape on it.

any idea what is this for and how urgently i should get it fixed.

its 2013 1.5L petrol version.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220224-12.05.34-pm.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220224-12.05.33-pm-2.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220224-12.05.33-pm.jpeg  

Old 25th February 2022, 16:08   #12629
BHPian

Checking for my friend, he owns 2020 Ecosport Sports model and has got problems with one of the TPMS sensors. Service centre is observing the issue (reluctant to change free of cost), meanwhile wanted to check if TPMS is covered under warranty replacement.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 25th February 2022, 20:44   #12630
BHPian

Hi Girish,
a.
Attaching the pics of the Mats - Now I recollect that this is not 3D as I went to purchase Star 3D Mats then which my friend secured for his A6. I couldnt find them anywhere and heard they were expensive and the logo on my car is 4D.

Looks very similar to 3D though.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img4474.jpg
This is my passenger side floor mat.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img4475.jpg
Just to show the gradient

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img4476.jpg
The sides, you can see some small areas where the stitching has come out. Same with the area right under the pedals.

There was a steel like plating around the area behind the pedals to support your shoe sole. That came off a couple of years back.

Anyhow - this guy has been there since April 2014.

I even bought the same thing for my XUV - but the second ones got torn recently.

b.

I tried upgrading to various halogen lamps including 90/100s with relay and harness. Failed miserably.

And on the fog lamps: Just follow the thread, from what I understand this is not a complex upgrade and more or less plug and play.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks