Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 10:10   #12211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

The first service (3 months/ 2500kms) for my BS-6 Ecosport TDCI is coming up by next week. Looks like the first service is only a cursory check and wash like most 1000 kms/ 1 month services are. Has anyone replaced oil at the first service (3 months), since it does not seem to be a recommended action as per the owners manual?

Anything else to look out for?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 28th January 2021 at 10:17.
Old 28th January 2021, 10:13   #12212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
is it only a cursory check and wash like most 1000 kms/ 1 month services are
Yep; just a cursory check and wash. You can choose to change the oil (at your cost, labor free) if you prefer to, but otherwise, this service is just a formality.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 15:46   #12213
BHPian

Hello All, I was about to finalize the Titanium AT+ and I had some doubts. Please help in getting me answer:

1. How is the long term review of AT ?
2. How does the mileage firm up in mix of City and Highway driving?
3. Is there a way to replace the crappy FlyAudio to SYNC3 or any other Android auto music system?

Out of the above 3, I find the Fly audio the biggest deterrent to buy this car. Checked with sales team and they mention there is no way to upgrade to SYNC3.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:05   #12214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Out of the above 3, I find the Fly audio the biggest deterrent to buy this car. Checked with sales team and they mention there is no way to upgrade to SYNC3.
There is no easy way to replace Fly Audio with Sync3 system. Ford won't do it and it's not available in the aftermarket. The only way would be to somehow source the Sync3 system (from abroad mostly) and have it installed at any car accessories shop. An easier and cheaper alternative is to go for aftermarket HU like an android based system or a branded HU from the likes of Pioneer or Blaupunkt which can be bought and installed from an accessories shop. Again in both these cases, Ford doesn't prefer to do such installations and doing it outside will void your car's warranty. My suggestion would be to wait until your warranty period is over and then you can spice up your ride with new HU, new ECU remap etc

Last edited by Funny : 4th February 2021 at 18:07.
Funny is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:37   #12215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
There is no easy way to replace Fly Audio with Sync3 system. Ford won't do it and it's not available in the aftermarket. The only way would be to somehow source the Sync3 system (from abroad mostly) and have it installed at any car accessories shop. An easier and cheaper alternative is to go for aftermarket HU like an android based system or a branded HU from the likes of Pioneer or Blaupunkt which can be bought and installed from an accessories shop. Again in both these cases, Ford doesn't prefer to do such installations and doing it outside will void your car's warranty. My suggestion would be to wait until your warranty period is over and then you can spice up your ride with new HU, new ECU remap etc
Thanks for the information. Currently, I plan to delist Ecosport from list of purchase. The current flyaudio is very basic and as I plan to keep the car for 8-10 years I do not buy a car with outdated AVN system. Anyways I have time till April to buy the car and hence will wait for FORD, in case they bless the titanium+ AT with a SYNC3.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th February 2021 at 18:53. Reason: Typo
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:47   #12216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information. Currently, I plan to delist Ecosport from list of purchase. The current flyaudio is very basic and as I plan to keep the car for 8-10 years I do not buy a car with outdated AVN system. Anyways I have time time April to buy the car and hence will wait for FORD, in case they bless the titanium+ AT with a SYNC3.
Good decision. I hope Ford is reading this. They are losing many potential customers due to their constant rejiggling of features. To me, the ICE plays a pivotal role in deciding on what car to buy.

Good luck to you.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 19:42   #12217
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All, I was about to finalize the Titanium AT+ and I had some doubts. Please help in getting me answer:

1. How is the long term review of AT ?
2. How does the mileage firm up in mix of City and Highway driving?
3. Is there a way to replace the crappy FlyAudio to SYNC3 or any other Android auto music system?

Hey Harpreet,

I've recently got the Titanium AT and covered close to 1400 kms, hence wouldn't be able to comment on the long term review of AT. However, the AT drive is easy and don't see overtaking an issue on highways. There's the sport mode handy to take full control of the powerband when in need.
I've been going easy on the throttle and was able to achieve an odo indicated 12.8 kmpl with a mix of 10% heavy city traffic, 30% low to moderate traffic and 60% highway runs (highway speeds around 90-110 kmph with occassional short bursts). I expect this to improve over time but not in city driving(expect it to range around 8-10 kmpl in heavy traffic).
I've compromised on the FlyAudio infotainment system as I definitely wanted Ecosport AT and didn't have an option. I'll upgrade it but not anytime soon.
raiuday is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 07:27   #12218

Hi all,

I booked an Ecosport TDCI Titanium on Jan 28th in Bangalore(PPS Lalbagh). They gave me a delivery date of 28th March. Is this accurate? Are there chances of getting the car before the promised date(fingers crossed) or get delayed(god forbid)? I've seen a bunch of 2021 ecosports in Bangalore with TBHP decals. Wanted to check with someone with a little more experience in this section than me. This is my first car and I can't wait to start driving this beauty.
Old 11th February 2021, 08:40   #12219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
Hi all,

I booked an Ecosport TDCI Titanium on Jan 28th in Bangalore(PPS Lalbagh). They gave me a delivery date of 28th March. Is this accurate? Are there chances of getting the car before the promised date(fingers crossed) or get delayed(god forbid)? I've seen a bunch of 2021 ecosports in Bangalore with TBHP decals. Wanted to check with someone with a little more experience in this section than me. This is my first car and I can't wait to start driving this beauty.
Congratulations and great choice of vehicle and power train. I believe the semiconductor shortage issue has created a big backlog for many manufacturers including Ford, not sure if that has been resolved yet. Two months waiting time seems par for the course in light of this.

I picked up my TDCI S EcoSport in late November, just few weeks before this shortage began ! The wait will be worth it, for sure. Lovely driving experience on this vehicle. What color did you choose?

Also- have you checked with other dealers like JSP or Cauvery Ford, in case they have shorter delivery timelines? You might just get the vehicle before the committed timeline in case the supply chain issues get sorted out or if some other dealer has stock lying with him.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 11th February 2021 at 08:56.
Old 11th February 2021, 10:08   #12220

Thank you. I opted for Diamond White. Black was my initial choice but a strict no no for my family.

I did check with other dealers about the wait and its pretty much the same. Yes, it will be worth the wait. I have driven every model since its came to India in 2013 and loved all of them.
Old 11th February 2021, 11:16   #12221
BHPian

Quote:
The first service (3 months/ 2500kms) for my BS-6 Ecosport TDCI is coming up by next week. Looks like the first service is only a cursory check and wash like most 1000 kms/ 1 month services are. Has anyone replaced oil at the first service (3 months), since it does not seem to be a recommended action as per the owners manual?

Anything else to look out for?
I believe I'm obviously late answering this; but I had got the engine oil changed during the first free servicing (3 months/ 2500kms) of my March 2020 Ecosport TDCI. The service engineer mentioned that it isn't really needed but was ok to change it. It didn't make any perceivable difference though. Apart from that, there was routine underbody check and other stuff as mentioned in the owners manual.
Old 11th February 2021, 11:19   #12222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I believe I'm obviously late answering this; but I had got the engine oil changed during the first free servicing (3 months/ 2500kms) of my March 2020 Ecosport TDCI.
Thanks, actually, the service is still pending since I have not had time to schedule it yet. Ill probably just stick with the service manual which does not really recommend an oil change at the first service.
Old 11th February 2021, 11:46   #12223
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, actually, the service is still pending since I have not had time to schedule it yet. Ill probably just stick with the service manual which does not really recommend an oil change at the first service.
I have got a Hyundai Verna 2020 SX Petrol 1.5. This car's manual has zero instruction about the engine break-in phase or more commonly known as running-in.

Manufacturer doesn't warn or ask the user to take it slow and easy for xxx kms for engine brake-in process.

Does it mean this vehicle's engine came from factory after they have done the break-in process? Some super cars do that right? or has Hyundai India found some special material to build their engine which spits out zero metal dust while the engine break-in process goes on?

Ford manual doesn't skip it thankfully.

Engine oil isn't going bad in 1500 or 2500 kms but it will definitely contain small amount of metal dust coming out under running in time of the engine. Oil filter is there to catch them but under certain heavy load, every engine is designed to bypass the filter to allow free flowing oil to keep itself lubricated. Unluckily if you end up circulating the oil with such metal dust, long term reliability & performance would take a hit. Surely it wont destroy the engine but small damage to piston rings or such may end up causing some mileage & power loss, cam scratches may end up causing those unwanted harshness or vibrations !!

Under engine break in phase, vehicle manufacturers always recommend users to keep the engine below higher RPMs. One of the reason for this is to reduce the chance of those certain load conditions where engine may end up using that oil filter bypass valve and circulate unfiltered metal dust filled oil.

Last of all, changing the oil & filter is just Rs. 1500/- for Ford 1.5 TDCi

Thanks.
Old 11th February 2021, 12:53   #12224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
I have got a Hyundai Verna 2020 SX Petrol 1.5. This car's manual has zero instruction about the engine break-in phase or more commonly known as running-in.

Manufacturer doesn't warn or ask the user to take it slow and easy for xxx kms for engine brake-in process.
Seems like its there in Verna`s manual, please check.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-breakin-verna.jpg

No need to worry much, just normal day to day driving should be good enough.
Old 11th February 2021, 17:00   #12225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Seems like its there in Verna`s manual, please check.
No, previous generation Verna manual did have that but this latest 2020 model doesn't have it.

Let me know the page number of this screenshot, I will post a picture of the physical owners manual coming with Verna 2020 SX Petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks