Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 14:53   #11851
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I have a Ford Ecosport 2017 model (previous gen). Whenever I slam the brakes hard the Tyre doesn't hold onto the tarmac but skids off, moving forward. Think of it as aquaplaning on dry tarmac. Thankfully I have only panic braked for speed breakers till now but it is quite scary to think what would happen if I slammed the brakes to avoid a pedestrain and the car doesn't stop. Anyone experienced this before?

I am not sure if the wheels are getting locked or is it the Tyres that lack grip. Mine runs on Goodyears.

Last edited by veyron_head : 8th April 2019 at 14:54.
Old 8th April 2019, 18:17   #11852
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Has anyone recently updated the sync software version on their Ecosport?
I just logged in to check; the website says there is an update available but when I try to download it, I get an error prompt. This is after I agree to T&C after "Request Download".
Old 8th April 2019, 20:29   #11853
BHPian

Re: Ecosport 50k km service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Indeed there is a sound, which is very distinctive when you are lifting off your foot from the accelerator pedal. Did you also get the engine mounts checked for unreasonable vibrations? In your comparative videos, the NVH levels of the first video sounded to be more compared to the 3rd video.
I did ask them to check the engine mounts, they physically checked the mounts & told me that they are fine. They didn't swap the mounts & check, but I guess a (skilled) mechanic should diagnose a worn out mount by physically checking it.

As for increase in NVH levels, I believe the NVH levels on the move are same as they were when the car was new. Of course I might not notice any slight, gradual increase in engine noise, since I have been driving this car regularly for the past 52k km. I have also not driven any Ecosport diesels in the recent past.

I did observe a very slight change in idling sound (from outside the car) around the 40k km mark. When I listen to the engine idle sound from certain areas, like near the headlights & the fender, I notice a faint change in the engine sound. I did complain about it during the 40k km service , none of the mechanics could detect any abnormal noise. I also checked the engine sound with the bonnet open, the sound from the engine area is the characteristic TDCi clatter. Only when I listen to the engine sound, a bit far away with the bonnet closed, I notice the slight change in idling sound. I shall try to capture the change in engine idle sound & upload it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
With the AC turned off, the pulley should run without contacting the clutch face. If the air gap is not adjusted properly during manufacture, the clutch will not disengage fully when AC is switched off and will keep rubbing against the metal face of the pulley. If a lubricant is sprayed in the location when engine is running, the noise will stop!
I am not very well versed with the working of an AC clutch, though I am sure they didn't check anything regarding the AC. They however did check the accessory drive belt (Ecosport has only one drive belt). They removed the accessory drive belt, put in a new one & checked. The noise was still there with the new belt.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 8th April 2019 at 20:39.
Old 9th April 2019, 12:00   #11854
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
I did ask them to check the engine mounts, they physically checked the mounts & told me that they are fine. They didn't swap the mounts & check, but I guess a (skilled) mechanic should diagnose a worn out mount by physically checking it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Did you also get the engine mounts checked for unreasonable vibrations? In your comparative videos, the NVH levels of the first video sounded to be more compared to the 3rd video.
To check engine mount condition please do this observation.

1. Is there any vibration while switching off the engine. If yes, what it the level of shuddering?. If it is minimal, then it is better to ignore.

2. Park the car on an even surface and start the engine. Just rev the engine by keeping the hand in the steering wheel. If you are able to feel some level of vibration, then the condition of the engine mounts have become bad.

One may experience the 1st and the 2nd may be very minimal. Go for replacement only if the 2nd one becomes more prominent. The car may run more than 10k km even after the 1st one is experienced.

The cost of the mount is around 5k.

I have fixed a new headlight relay (Thimson - Mysore based company) for 100/90W headlight bulb upgrade. Went for Osram Rallye (German make) as well. The performance is good. I need to lower the beam still further, but could not do. It is in the lowest position and also tried to adjust the plastic screws which are with the headlight assembly, but the results are not as expected. Need to go the ASC soon.

I fixed the headlight relay on top of the fuse box, but the manufacturer said it is not recommended and shifted to the sidewall of the ECM box. The below photos may give an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wiring2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wiring3.jpg  

RGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 22:51   #11855
BHPian

Gave my car for its 6th year/40000 service today. The ride has suddenly become extremely bouncy (post service) from the rear right side. I checked tyre pressure and filled it up to 32psi from 30psi. The bounciness is still present. Any clues on what could've gone wrong in the service? Would they swap out suspension parts from older cars to put in mine? Btw, i serviced it at fortune ford, Tolichowli and im a regular there.
Old 19th April 2019, 00:54   #11856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Gave my car for its 6th year/40000 service today. The ride has suddenly become extremely bouncy (post service) from the rear right side. I checked tyre pressure and filled it up to 32psi from 30psi. The bounciness is still present. Any clues on what could've gone wrong in the service? Would they swap out suspension parts from older cars to put in mine? Btw, i serviced it at fortune ford, Tolichowli and im a regular there.
Went back to the SVC and they diagnosed it as a bad shock absorber on the rear right. Had to shell out 6.5k for replacing both the rear shocks. Is it common for shocks to go bad after being lifted on the hoist? Or are they taking me for a ride? Btw car has driven 35k kms.
Taha Mir is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 00:29   #11857
BHPian

Quote:
Or are they taking me for a ride?
Looks like it. If you're positive that there is a definitive difference in the way the car drove before and after the service you should be raising hell already and making it crystal clear that you're not taking garbage from them. If you put your foot down things work out positively. It's a shame how workshops pull a fast one on numerous customers especially when they know which customer is not going to wake up and smell the coffee. In most cases, the unsuspecting folks don't know any better.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 09:21   #11858
BHPian

Exactly the same thing happened to me at 80k service at fortune ford tolichowki
The car was brought back from service by their driver and it started jumping badly. Next morning i took it back. Same story. Rear right shock gone.
I changed it after a lot of arguing. They charged me 2000 for it. Next day i took it back and got the rear left also changed. No discount given.

Until the previous day i had no issues. I got convinced that it was a coincidence that the shock failed at 80k service.
Now I am wondering.
Srinivas C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 10:44   #11859
BHPian

All Ford Authorized Service Centers are covered under CCTV. Including the workshop area for preventing these type of (possible) parts switching.

Its impossible for both shocks to fail just after regular oil change service.

I think those who suspect foul play must raise the issue up with Ford. Make sure to include the previous service bill & vehicle report card. Bad shocks which may need replacement in near future should have been flagged in previous service as in "yellow" in your vehicle report card.

So make sure to attach all the concerned service bills and raise a complain with Ford via email. Further, make sure to follow it up with their social channels (twitter/FB etc) once you have a complain ID/no. Demand to review the CCTV footage of the concerned service work.

Thanks
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 04:26   #11860
BHPian

Had a minor accident a few days ago; completely didn't see an alto in my rearview while reversing. Hit the alto even thought my reverse sensors were beeping like mad .Alto suffered a minor dent on the bumper while my reverse lamp was broken.
Purchased an aftermarket reverse lamp from a local parts shop for 500 rs. You have to use a plastic pry-tool to remove the lamp from the bumper (I just pulled it off with my hand as it was already broken). Its held only with clips, no screws involved. Installing the new lamp is easy as pushing it into the bumper gently until it clicks. Also, make sure to fit the bulb in the lamp housing THEN pushing the lamp into the bumper as it is a pain to get your hands on its backside.
Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20190505wa0001.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20190506wa0006.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20190506wa0009.jpeg  

Taha Mir is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 16:14   #11861
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a minor accident a few days ago; completely didn't see an alto in my rearview while reversing. Hope this helps!
Sometimes this kind of mistake happens. Did you replace it as a pair or changed the damaged one alone. Can you post a photo of the entire bumper?

Note: Need to replace my right side cracked reverse lamp and hence my doubt.
Old 29th May 2019, 16:53   #11862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Sometimes this kind of mistake happens. Did you replace it as a pair or changed the damaged one alone. Can you post a photo of the entire bumper?
I bought and replaced only the damaged right lamp. If it matters to you, the red is a shade darker than the oem lamp and a little more light is emitted from the aftermarket as compared to stock, which is a good thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20190529_164510.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20190529_164622.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20190529_164553.jpg  

Taha Mir is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 11:55   #11863
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I sourced these wheel nuts from amazon.com through my friend

https://www.amazon.com/DPAccessories...s%2C345&sr=8-8

Attaching a few pictures. The nuts are of good quality and cheaper (20 nuts costs 25 USD). Each nut comes around ~88.00 rupees.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img1097.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img1098.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img1099.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 7th June 2019 at 12:04.
Old 7th June 2019, 18:47   #11864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I sourced these wheel nuts from amazon.com through my friend

https://www.amazon.com/DPAccessories...s%2C345&sr=8-8

Attaching a few pictures. The nuts are of good quality and cheaper (20 nuts costs 25 USD). Each nut comes around ~88.00 rupees.
Thanks. During my last service, the service guys had changed 2 nuts to some local make as they had issues. I was told each original nut from the factory was 300/-. Shall try to these source these. Let us know your experience.
Old 18th June 2019, 16:56   #11865
BHPian

Booked the Trend diesel after the recent price cut.

Ford added driver seat height adjustment and 16 inch wheels to the Trend, but removed the spare wheel cover

Also the seats are now available with light/medium stone colour. Black is only available in ambiente.

Searched on etis.ford with the VIN and found that EcoSport comes with 6 year corrosion protection

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks