Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2013, 13:38   #1141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly View Post
I am just thinking out loud, isn't the yeti a much better car for almost the same price.

All skoda dealers end up giving you a good discount and it is a tried and tested practical car. With every review coming in on the ecoSport I am not very sure if we, the consumers, should really be fueling the demand for a car that has yet prooven itself...
I am sorry, but have you seen the price of the Yeti? Even the base active 4x2 costs nearly 15 lacs ex showroom and pretty basic on equipment (a little less than ecosport titanium). Even if you get a discounts of nearly 1.5 lacs, it would still end up at least 3-4 lacs more than the Ecosport, and the Yeti looks more hatchback than the EcoSport.
Not to forget, the legendary Skoda dealers.
It is not necessarily a tried and tested car, it has only been sold in small numbers.
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 14:33   #1142
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

First 'Visual' Comparison b/w the rivals? (Source : FB).

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1009926_10201557570441530_1243658513_n.jpg
aviorp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 15:00   #1143
BHPian

Duster-"i rule the streets of India."
EcoSport-"wait till i hit the streets."
Duster-"waiting"
EcoSport-"wait for some more time."
Duster-"waiting"
EcoSport-"a bit more time."
Duster-"still waiting"

And it goes on!
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 17:04   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Went to Malayalam Ford service center in Kochi for a minor issue with Figo & spotted these.

TD request was denied. All 3 cars were Titanium TDCi. Blue looks good.

EcoBoost has not arrived acc to technicians who were checking out the car.
That's black standing next to the blue right?? Or is it grey?
Hoping the black looks good in reality..
Old 23rd June 2013, 18:23   #1145
BHPian

Black looks OK, but EcoSport has matt black body cladding, black/chrome fog lamp inserts & blackened C pillars. Such details are muted in black colour car.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 18:40   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Accommodation: Can seat 5 for short drives and city commutes. For long drives, it's a strict 4 seater. The rear bench is just not wide enough to accommodate 3. But leg room / knee room / head room shouldn't be a problem for even tall folks. Good under thigh support at the back thanks to the higher seats and not sheer space per se. Ingress / egress is good but once inside, you do feel claustrophobic. Boot is about the same as the Jazz's, I'd say. Perhaps a tad smaller?
Completely agree with you. The car as such is wide inside, the problem is with the rear bench, which is not wide enough. Its the protruding plastics meant for charging slot,rear seat recline lever eats the space. To seat 4 its much more comfy than a hatch and some c-segment sedans.I checked the New fiesta and Ecosport beats Fiesta hands down interms of legroom,under thigh support,headroom at rear.

BTW if DTE is to be trusted i was seeing FE of 15KM/l throughout my testdrive. The car had run 203 KM's.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 18:47   #1147
AWD
BHPian

As far as the front looks go, Duster takes the cake for me. Clean & clear lines, very masculine. While Eco-Sport with all that chrome & too many design cues looks a little fuzzy.

When it comes to sides & back, Eco-Sport trumps, Duster claims it back on overall stance. Just commenting on the looks, feature wise & otherwise Eco-Sports steals a march over Duster.
Old 23rd June 2013, 18:57   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Waiting time quoted for diesel is max 90 days, Ecoboost and automatic variants could take upto 4-6 months is what am told.
If someone from Ford India is reading these forums, they should immediately report this to their CEO, who I thought has gone on record quoting that the factory is ready to produce whatever number of vehicles the customers desire......

Something is fishy, and surely someone is lying- since both those statements can't be true ! And I wonder who it is ? Well, the moment of truth is not too far away.

Short-sighted dealers often have an uncanny knack of undermining both the "message" and the "image" of the companies they serve. These are the moments when Ford should drive/enforce dealer discipline, else they risk damaging their brand equity with their customers, that too at a time when they probably need it most.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 23rd June 2013 at 19:02. Reason: better nuance..
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:05   #1149
BHPian

Test drove Ford Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium today, it was an unofficial test drive for about 3 KM as the dealer directed many potential customers to their stockyard nearby where people were queuing up for test drives. They had mostly 1.5 TDCi diesels and one Ecoboost petrol and one of the 1.5 petrol models and certainly not the 1.5 AT (may be a side effect of poor sales of Fiesta leaving 1.5 TDCi engines in inventory, whom they would have bet on)

Here is my two cents worth:
- Engine has just the right notes; sounds like a bigger displacement engine
- Very comfortable driving posture, I didn't feel road visibility to be a challenge; good road presence and certainly a gain of height over my current Swift
- Interior is roomier compared to Swift thus will work well for me
- Nice equipment levels, I forgot to release the handbrake and kept getting a warning chime; I checked doors, seat belt and then realized it is hand brakes - handy feature
- Instrument cowl brushed against my left knee but this is certainly better than VW Vento where it cuts into the foot well; dead pedal is a welcome feature; since I am opting for 1.5 AT, this wouldn't be as much of a problem
- Excellent noise and vibration insulation; could feel the difference once I was back again in my Swift

Now the nitty gritty; as shared by other members - the dealers are creating a frenzy around availability mentioning 3-6 months waiting period for petrol editions. I guess the picture will be clearer once they get their allocations after formal launch and when the price list is out but if Ford is expecting people to put up with another six months of wait - they are way too optimistic or casually assured about their volumes. Given that it is an almost complete package at <INR 12 lakhs, alternative products are not as much appealing and thus the compulsion to wait.
On the other hand, given their inventory management at Figo launch, I hope that a better sense prevails. My take is that they have been building inventory for the past 3-4 months as they weren't pushing any Fiestas thus may be in a position to capture the demand well. Let us keep our fingers crossed for another 3 days.
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:18   #1150
BHPian

Pictures of interiors of Ambiente variant of EcoSport on TAI. Interiors have light grey shade.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport3.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:21   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Passed by Palace Road Metro Ford today and stopped by to check the EcoSport.

It was quite crowded compared to when the Eco Sport was not there. There were two of them as display cars in the showroom.
Took a look inside and felt the rear space and seat were as good as my Figo. The boot was not all that big for a car this size either.
I only sat in the drivers seat as there were many others jumping in and out of the car at the same time. Loved the steering wheel. It was small and felt very sporty. The driving position itself felt very sporty, just like the new Fiesta and leg space was adequate for me (6.2)

Space is a let down as compared to Duster. The only selling point for me, is the looks and engine(Ecoboost). The Titanium has the 16inch wheel which was parked next to the 15inch version and visually and otherwise, it needs a 16 inch set.

Test drives were going on in full swing and I wanted to drive the Ecoboost which was actually available.,one of the Urban Discovery car and another dedicated test vehicle with stickers on it was the TDCI.
There were no advisors around and only two guys who were busy with the test drives and there was actually a good crowd waiting for the drive . Left without a test drive since I knew it would be a short one .

If not priced right, I really dont see many takers. Looks and technology alone does not go well for majority in our country.
Regards

Last edited by tharian : 23rd June 2013 at 19:28.
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:46   #1152
BHPian

I called up TI Ford , Guwahati today regarding the Ecosport. I was told that the ex-showroom prices wil range from 6.5 to 10 lakhs across variants. Vehicle has still not reached their showroom. He asked me to call on 26th.
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:48   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
First 'Visual' Comparison b/w the rivals? (Source : FB).

Attachment 1100937
I believe this snapshot was taken from the ndtv profit review. The ecosport looked bigger from every angle. I guess its compact design makes it look small when not kept alongside Duster.

Anyone knows if Talera Ford Pune has started giving official test drives?
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:54   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Space is a let down as compared to Duster. The only selling point for me, is the looks and engine(Ecoboost). The Titanium has the 16inch wheel which was parked next to the 15inch version and visually and otherwise, it needs a 16 inch set.
I just had a look at the ecosport at Metro Ford St.Marks road. I went along with my sis-in-law and her husband in their duster so that we could see how it compares. I actually found the space to be a bit less than the duster but not by much. I am 6'1 and there is space for me to sit behind after adjusting the driver seat for my comfort level. The only area where Duster scores is in the boot and a wee bit more in interior width. The extra length of the duster is mostly used up in the bonnet area and the boot. There is not much difference in the interior space (length particularly). The interiors are definitely atleast a notch or 2 above the duster. I will buy the ecosport over the duster purely because I prioritize handling over ride. But only a test drive will confirm how good the Ecosport is.
Old 23rd June 2013, 20:57   #1155
BHPian

A lot has been said about the car already, my 2 cents below.

Engine : The car does have a measured pull, but didn't feel under powered at all. If one is used to driving diesels, you will know that turbo kicks in after certain rpm, and the power felt adequate. Yes, its not a Verna with 126 BHP, but you don't need that many horses. Let's remember, its direct comparison is with Duster (85), and other hatchbacks, and its right there; Not to mentioned the refinement level; The car is super silent in its diesel avatar.

Handling : Yes, its not a figo in its handling, but the steering is not as bad as a Verna; Let's face it, each manufacturer is moving to EPS, and it's a matter of getting used to it.

Suspension & Comfort : Once you are in the car, you do feel the 'premiumness', definately better than Amaze, Dzire, Swift, Polo, I20, Fabia, etc. This is in a different league for sure; Maybe not so much in terms of plastics, but the thoughtfulness with which the interiors have been built. The suspension is a tad stiff, but again, individual preferences I guess, but I liked it, knowing how it will perform on longer drives.

Space : Lets stop fretting on the space on the back seat. It is no Duster, and that should be known to us, knowing that thus is a under 4m car, and the rear bench & boot space would always be a premium. A family of 4 + child will not have a problem. Any bigger, well, one may have to look for a MUV. This car is not designed to be a people mover, and we need to accept that.

Gadgetry : This is where the ecosport blows you away! You have tons of it to play with, and it's totally fun.

How a Neighbour Will Feel : Well, my BIL has a 3 month old Verna, and he was envious when he experienced the Ecosport. Just right height, just right size, practicality in the city & a decent drive on the highway, and killer looks.

If you go with an open mind, without expectations and standalone assess the car, most of us would love it. For me, upgrading from the Swift, for a family of 4, this is the most practical car, which satisfies the enthusiast in me, while keeping the office goer and a family man also happy.

My experience with Cauvery Ford has been quite good as a prospective customer, and I was told that they will try & have me as one of the first customers who will be handed the Keys on 26th June

Fingers Crossed

Last edited by Gizmokid : 23rd June 2013 at 20:59.
Gizmokid is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks