Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2017, 13:12   #11506
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Couple of questions:

- What is the logic for the cabin lamps to turn on when you shut down the engine?
Some times, the cabin lamps turn on after I shut down the engine (I have the push button start); and at times, they only come on after I open one of the doors
Yes, That's true. been using an March 14 model Titanium(opt).
There's a specific pattern that the lights come on in when you shut the engine while still not opening the doors.
Been trying to figure it out but still have'nt managed to completely.

It's usually - Park, Slot gear lever to Neutral, Handbrake up, Foot off Brake Pedal. Lights/AC off. Turn car off.

It's like a flying checklist.
Pretty neat and nifty though.
Old 7th October 2017, 16:20   #11507
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Cabin lights always come on right after shutting the engine off.
Umm, nope.

I think mine come on in ONLY the following scenario:

Drive - stop, unlock doors - drive again (doors don't get unlocked) - stop, and shut down engine.

Otherwise, cabin lamps turn on only when the door is opened.

Quote:
And all lights (cabin, parks, puddle) come on after opening a door or the boot or when the car is unlocked.
Both cabin lamps come on in my car when the car is unlocked.

Mine has push button start. I either unlock through remote or the sensor on the door and the cabin is illuminated well before I step in.

--

Fun fact even though you didn't ask (We discussed this many pages back)

On the AT:

Scenario 1:

Drive - stop - unlock doors - drive again (doors will NOT unlock even after crossing 20 kmhr)

Scenario 2:

Drive - stop - slot to N/P - unlock doors - slot back into D - drive: doors WILL lock after crossing 20 kmhr
Old 13th October 2017, 09:04   #11508
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Remapped and Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I'm very sorry to dig up this old post. My friend and I were looking at such a headlight assembly for his car too (hopefully my future Ecosport too). When you say adjustable, do you mean the headlight leveller works? Because the seller mentioned that it doesn't.
Hi Komalthecoolk,
Not sure if this reply is still relevant, as it is coming quite late. However, to answer your question, double barrel head lamps surely provide better visibility, as they produce more light. This is because both low and high beams lights are on when you switch on the high beam.

Unfortunately, the projector light levels in my headlamp assembly cannot be controlled from within the car by the light leveler. you need to do that by opening the hood and turning a leveler given on the lamps, manually. That said, It is not such a big deal because these are projector head lamps. They have a very wide and long spread. Unlike reflectors, they don't focus on a spot, so you don't need to adjust the throw so often. Once you have leveled it to a sweet spot of your preference, you won't need to fiddle it with again. At least that's what I experienced.
Hope this helps.
EcoBeast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 11:43   #11509
BHPian

Got the 60000 Kms - 7th Periodic Service done on my Tdci. It was handled decently well for the most part. Standard replacements for 60k service were done and the only additional part was the Wheel A&B that I usually get done from outside. The bill came close to ~9k. This has been the most expensive service so far, against how it would usually cost me between 5-7k.
The SA told me that the brake pads are worn and might need replacement after about 4-5k kms max. Might drop in after 5k kms to get that done. The front brake pads cost about 2.5k a set (labor extra) is what I heard from them.

Needed wiper blade replacement and they quoted 900 bucks+labor (What labor for a wiper blade replacement?). Skipped it at the ASS and got a set of Bosch Eco blades at a Shell pump on my way back home for 360 bucks.
The SA at the ASS had also added Engine Bay Protective Care Treatment costing me 700 bucks. Requested them to skip that as well, considering that's just a spray all over the engine bay (Easiest way for them to make 700 bucks).

Now coming to the shocking part- Due to a recent order from the Central Govt., the service stations have been prohibited from using water for the vehicle wash. So the guys here dry-brushed the wheel wells to remove mud secretion and splashed half a mug water. For the exterior body wash, they sprayed some liquid all over the paint/glass/plastic areas and wiped it off with the microfiber cloth. Before I could think and stop them, they had sprayed the liquid all over.
This has left some swirls over all the paint areas of the car. I've decided to ask them to skip the exterior clean from my next visit and would highly recommend others here to do the same. Wouldn't mind driving it back home and giving it a quick bath.

Honestly thinking from an ASS point of view, shouldn't this be a major point that needs to be discussed with the customer before proceeding to clean it this way, by mentioning the consequences? I understand that the Govt. ruling is towards the greater good and have been following this news for a while now. But from an enthusiast's perspective, this is a blunder committed, ruining all the care and detailing that we do to take care of the paint job through years of ownership trying to keep it in pristine condition. I wouldn't mind taking the not-so-clean car back home after service, and give it a neat bath to avoid getting swirls. I'm sure most of us here would do the same considering the ill consequences of a spray+wipe process.

Anyone else faced such a situation or has any pointers on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Planning on giving my Ecosport AT for its second service tomorrow.

Facing clutch judder/slip in two specific scenarios
Raised a similar concern during my 50k service about 4 months back and they performed a clutch bleed. This has helped resolve the issue for the most part. The extent of the issue now is only about 10-20% of how it was before the bleed. The clutch was untouched during this 60k kms service and it's still going good.

Would recommend you to get a clutch bleed done, and I feel that should help with the situation. They will try to sell you a clutch replacement with a backing story, and I wouldn't recommend that unless really necessary. If they do that, try getting a second opinion from a good mechanic outside and hear him out.
nitish.h is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:01   #11510
BHPian

Hello all,

Is it recommended to buy a used Ecosport Diesel, which had an engine replacement under warranty?

New engine has cloaked around 5000 Kms, and vehicle is 4 years old. If yes, what are the main areas to be checked and verified?
Old 23rd October 2017, 18:08   #11511
Distinguished - BHPian

My experience is that in general, it is an extremely solid vehicle. The underlying Fiesta platform is well proven around the world, the vehicle is built like a tank and the electronics are not too complicated and prone to expensive replacements. Ford has become extremely transparent with parts and service costs and the service experience is also quite good.

However, I would really question why you would want to buy this particular car. There are plenty of Ecosport vehicles of 2013-14 vintage in the market and the prices are very reasonable. Fortunately the old reputation of Ford as being expensive to maintain that was formed from the Ikon days is still somewhat there and this is artificially deflating resale values. So you can pick up a really low mileage vehicle in good condition for a very competitive price.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 18:36   #11512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
Now coming to the shocking part- Due to a recent order from the Central Govt., the service stations have been prohibited from using water for the vehicle wash.
Well, it's not really so shocking, because the procedure is present since quite some time now. I have a Hyundai and know for sure that these guys have been doing it for quite some time now. I'm sure there are other car-makers too who do it this way.

But it certainly doesn't mean you have to have scratches and swirl marks as a result of it. That's a service-center specific issue, as far as I can imagine.

The first time I saw the thing being done in front of me I was pretty awestruck but all in all it's a great way to wash.
Old 24th October 2017, 14:53   #11513
Distinguished - BHPian

I was on my way to clinic when I spotted a brand new Ecosport going in front of me. What caught my eye was the absence of the spare wheel or it's attachment mounts. I thought it's a facelift version but turned out to be an old one , some Platinum edition with those new alloys. The spare mount looks like to be covered in a factory fitted contraption. Any idea if this was available?

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20171024_144201.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20171024_144229.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 19:40   #11514
BHPian

Use of Substandard Quality Material for Drain Panel Clips

Last week, I had taken my vehicle to the Ford ASS for cleaning of the cabin air filter due to some unpleasant (pungent like spice, not rotten) smell from the AC vents. The SA also suggested cleaning of the external air filter located below the plastic drain panel under the front windshield.

To my shock, I observed that the metal clips that secure the plastic drain panel to the engine bay had rusted away and the rust had already started affecting the surrounding areas in contact with the rusted clips

Evidently, the material used by Ford for these clips is substandard and prone to rusting after a few months. This is in stark contrast to the stainless steel clips and powder coated metal clips that have been used in other places in the engine bay.

Also, the dirt from the front windshield gets washed down and accumulates into the cavity behind the plastic drain panel. Since this area is not accessible during regular cleaning of the vehicle, there is a high possibility of rust setting in here as the accumulated dirt tends to trap and retain water.

I have escalated the matter to Ford India, who have assured me that they will look into it, but it would also help immensely if the other Ecosport owners here too could check and complain to Ford.

Edit: Has anyone else experienced a pungent spice like smell from the AC vents? It seems to only come when the recirculation mode is set. Cooling is normal, so it doesn't look like a coolant leak.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-001.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-002.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-003.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-004.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-005.jpg  

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 24th October 2017 at 19:44.
hemant.kamat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 12:53   #11515
Senior - BHPian

From the pictures I can say that rusted clips are powder coated, your understanding about rusting is also correct. The cause for spicy smell is due to continuous use of re-circulation mode from a long time. The other reason may be due to rats storing their spices inside the AC ducts, get the ducts cleaned, replacement of cabin filters will not solve the problem. The source of smell is within your vehicle.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 16:34   #11516
BHPian

Finally got the time to get the SYNC issue diagnosed.

The problem is in the module. The new module will cost Rs. 18000/- plus labour charges.

Now I can't see this amount logical for a 4 year old car.

Now what other options can I have?
Can i change the system all together. If yes than will the steering controls work?

Pls advise comments.
Old 25th October 2017, 17:21   #11517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes always on. Will drain car battery if left for long connected to dashcam. Read 4-5 days. I know from experience.
You mean i can keep a dashcam running for 4-5 days before the battery dies ? I will be getting a Yi dashcam soon which will draw its power from 12v outlet and was wondering if i can keep it powered on during my 8-10 hours of office work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Finally got the time to get the SYNC issue diagnosed.

The problem is in the module. The new module will cost Rs. 18000/- plus labour charges.
18K is too much for a dated system. These days even small hatchbacks like i10 have full android auto / apple car play support. You can try getting the quote for the Sync3 system they have in platinum edition of ecosport. Or you can try aftermarket units from Caska and other manufacturers.
Some cheap options in aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...din-radio.html
You can hook the volume and track change keys to these units i believe. The voice control of sync is garbage anyway as it expects you to remember certain phrases.
Old 26th October 2017, 09:32   #11518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Now what other options can I have?
Can i change the system all together. If yes than will the steering controls work?
How long do you plan on keeping the car? If at least a few years, why don't you upgrade to a better infotainment system.

You can check if the facelift's ICE can be retrofitted into your car; else, there are a few other solutions: aftermarket and Ford-approved that you'll find at A.S.S. itself.
Old 30th October 2017, 09:44   #11519
BHPian

I have a May 2015 Ecoboost. Till date I was using Windows phone. (Yes, I like to live on the edge ) . When I used the Windows maps for navigation, the navigation directions used my car's speakers. So even if Sync is on the USB, CD or radio mode, the music stopped, the navigation prompts came through the car speakers, after which the music resumed. Yesterday I got an Android phone with Nougat (because even Bill Gates has given up on Windows mobile and switched to Android). Now I cant seem to get Google Maps navigation prompts through the speakers unless the Sync is on the BT Audio mode. Would like to know about other Android users, how they use Google Maps over Sync.
Old 1st November 2017, 00:48   #11520
BHPian

I have been watching this thread where some of the BHPians trying to customize the ICE/addons for Ecosport, even i wanted some new gismo's as ecosport did lack few basics like GPS and i finally found one, i wanted something like a addon instead of replacing the existing unit for the sake of warranty.

Being new car, i didn't want to remove the existing system and more over the Microsoft SYNC was doing good for me, initially my requirement was just GPS and Navigation, but after few searches on the internet i found Junsun E29 pro DVR which comes with Front and back dual DVR, GPS and Navigation, SIM Supporting 4G LTE, Reverse parking camera, It also has Lane departure warning and Front collision warning, It runs on android and you can install any android app and play even videos from youtube on the go.

I have been using since past couple of months and its running fine with no issues, even though it says 32GB max, i have managed to insert 64GB and its able to consider this card, the best is the Front Camera, it covers everything and has superior clarity, you can make out the number plates of moving vehicle easily, check out the pics below I had one of the ford guy install this without cutting the main wires, he also did install this Red switch for me which makes it look cool with no wires running on the dashboard.

Aliexpress link: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...825137350.html
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20171013_122358.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20171013_122500.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20171013_122520.jpg  

Last edited by johnruben : 1st November 2017 at 00:49. Reason: Forgot the Aliexpress link
johnruben is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks