Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2016, 17:21   #9961
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

As you all are aware of various centers giving varying tyre pressures for your cars, I am requesting your help in sorting this nagging issue I have been having for some time.

In cochin, about some 6 months back the roads were pretty bad and my nearest tire shop guy advised me to stay on 36 PSI on the tyres, where I used to keep them on 32. SA said 30 though.

Now 6 months later, the roads are all good and barely any patchy roads in my regular travel list, I have now got back to 30 PSI on my tires to ensure that there is maximum comfort for the passengers. On all 2 rows.

Though I could still feel a lot of difference in the way my car takes small patches and bumps, I still suspect the way the 4 tyres carry the car on uneven roads.

Not until recently that I realized my rear RHS wheel has worn out more than other tyres especially on the outer side.

Today when I went to the service center to change my rear wipers, the SA told me that it could not be alignment issues (which was my prime suspect). He suggested me to check the air pressure.

I drove into another Tyre shop and I had both the wheels on the LHS on 31 and Both on RHS on 27 and 29 respectively.

I am a bit confused on the suspect here, and could you suggest the best way to correct this. Also, what would be the ideal Tyre pressure in this scenario. Which could be the best place for regular tire monitoring.
Old 19th April 2016, 02:54   #9962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
As you all are aware of various centers giving varying tyre pressures for your cars, I am requesting your help in sorting this nagging issue I have been having for some time.
I am a bit confused on the suspect here, and could you suggest the best way to correct this. Also, what would be the ideal Tyre pressure in this scenario. Which could be the best place for regular tire monitoring.
I usually have a portable tyre guage and always use it to keep the desired pressure.
I prefer 32 to 36 depending on load.

Inflate to 38psi and drive by reducing one psi per day till you find your comfort within the recommended range(which is on a yellow sticker as soon as you open the driver's door)

Please do give your feedback for the benefit of others
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:21   #9963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I usually have a portable tyre guage and always use it to keep the desired pressure.
I've been keeping a constant 32. Worked for me thus far.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 20:09   #9964
BHPian

Same here, I drive at 32 psi and it works fine. Anything more than 35 is evident on speed breakers. Drive becomes jerkie

With 32psi car glides on bad patches and speed breakers.
Jose.solorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 11:45   #9965
BHPian

Quote:
Inflate to 38psi and drive by reducing one psi per day till you find your comfort within the recommended range(which is on a yellow sticker as soon as you open the driver's door)
If I remember I used to keep them on 32. But not since I have been having slight changes in the way car handled.

I think my challenge was not because of inadequate trye pressure, this looks more with the wheel balancing.

Thanks ecosport rules

Quote:
Not until recently that I realized my rear RHS wheel has worn out more than other tyres especially on the outer side.
I took it to the nearby Tyre shop and he asked me to check with the Service Center for Balancing of the Discs/Suspension etc as he does not see anything with Air Pressure.
I have booked an appointment with the Service Center for tomorrow to get this checked.

My tyre will most likely become the spare wheel and will have to pull back my old spare wheel for duty here.
Old 20th April 2016, 20:13   #9966
BHPian

I happen to came across the new picture of Ecosports.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20160420_201239.jpg  

Jose.solorider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 20:50   #9967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose.solorider View Post
This is certainly not this gen Ecosport (or facelift in that case). The side profile, the C-pillars are completely different from what I can make out at a glance.
Old 20th April 2016, 22:40   #9968
oss
BHPian

This is 2017 Ford Escape. It's a much larger SUV (4.5m), but EcoSport and Escape share similar design languages. We can expect EcoSport facelift to look lot like 2017 Escape.
oss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 23:44   #9969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I've been keeping a constant 32. Worked for me thus far.
Ford recommended tyre pressure is 30 for normal load and 35/40 for full load. Attaching the section from owners manual. I also keep 32 all around and mostly travel single or with a co passenger in front.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-11.jpg

Does any one know the fuel tank capacity for diesel model ? On Ford website under specifications they mentioned it to be 52L for all models. However when i do full tank i can fill mostly 47.xx L. I noticed in manual also its mentioned 47, which is lower than petrol model. I guess Ford need to correct the specifications page of their website

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-12.jpg

After service cost calculator, Ford has made a great move by introducing parts cost calculator. It will really help customers finding out Ford recommended pricing for spare parts.

http://partscalculator.fordind.com:8080/Fill_Field

Example: ORVM cost for Ecosport
http://partscalculator.fordind.com:8..._search_result
Samfromindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 02:31   #9970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose.solorider View Post
Definitely not the 2017 Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Does any one know the fuel tank capacity for diesel model ? On Ford website under specifications they mentioned it to be 52L for all models. However when i do full tank i can fill mostly 47.xx L. I noticed in manual also its mentioned 47, which is lower than petrol model. I guess Ford need to correct the specifications page of their website

After service cost calculator, Ford has made a great move by introducing parts cost calculator. It will really help customers finding out Ford recommended pricing for spare parts.
]
Fuel tank takes around 47 litres.

Parts calculator is a fantastic move by Ford.
Looks like they are putting in a lot of effort to prove that Ford vehicles are not expensive to maintain

Last edited by ecosport rules : 21st April 2016 at 02:33.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 10:35   #9971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1) Just to confirm - Did this wear out happen after this tyre was move to that position ?

2) Does the ES require rear wheel adjustment ? If no, then SA may be right.

3) Go to a good Wheel alignment centre outside and get it checked
Old 21st April 2016, 13:24   #9972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
1) Just to confirm -

Did this wear out happen after this tyre was move to that position ?
Yes, I had rotated my wheels some 7K back.

Quote:
2) Does the ES require rear wheel adjustment ? If no, then SA may be right.
The car does not require rear wheel adjustment.

Quote:
3) Go to a good Wheel alignment centre outside and get it checked
I had gone to my regular wheel alignment center and they got the air pressure checked and had the wheels looked into. He asked me to take it to Ford Service and get their opinion.

Quote:
I have dropped my car at Ford Service.

After lifting the car to have a better look at the tyres we have noticed a few things.

1. Like the RHS outer, the LHS inner also has the thread worn of on almost similar depth.

2. The SM explained to me that since the rear suspension is not independent the cases of a mis alignment is very low.

3. He also told me that the pattern does not lead to varying air pressures. The MRF on Ecosport tends to show similar signs on regular twists and turns (That too on a step by step manner), but he said he never had any Good Year customers complaining of the same.

What he is gonna do is, refix the rear wheel assembly by loosening all the bolts > setting the car to the ground in its normal position > then lift the car to tighten the screws/bolts/nuts. He said this should help in handling the misalignment issues, broken bushes etc if any.

Do you know any other reason for this pattern of tyre wear.

Regards
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 16:18   #9973
BHPian

Re: Ford Top Management e-mail id

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi,

I want to contact Ford Top management for something very urgent, when customer service is just handling it in a very indifferent manner.

Please share avenues where I can connect to the MD etc. Do they respond?

I am clueless. Thanks.
I am having serious problems with the Chennai Ford Dealer who has charged Rs. 4,697/- me for replacing 8 wheel nuts even though I am in the warranty period.

Can anyone on Team BHP share the email IDs of the MD of Ford India - Nigel Harris or the ED - Marketing & Sales - Anurag Mehrotra or the Head of Customer Service, since the dealer is not taking this seriously
Old 21st April 2016, 16:52   #9974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Hi guys, need some expert opinion for two issues that I'm facing with the Ecosport Ecoboost variant. Some three weeks back when I checked under the car, I noticed some oil stains on the gearbox housing and immediately sent it for inspection. The service adviser said it is probably due to the under torquing of the bolts for the housing and the bolts were re-torqued. After a day of driving, the issue still did not get resolved and I sent the car again for checking only to end up having the bolts tightened again. To my frustration the issue still did not get solved and along with it I also happened to find coolant fluid dripping onto the ground and thankfully the leak was not huge enough to reduce the coolant level too much as the level was still within the required limit when I found the issue. As you can see the from the picture below, the coolant dripping seems to start from somewhere near the water pump and drips near the timing belt.

Attachment 1496213

Now, this issue seemed to be more serious than a trace of oil over one specific area on the gearbox housing. The car was sent to the service center and after days of inspection, I was told that the coolant leak is from the water pump O ring and that this ring has to be replaced to stop it. As for the gearbox leakage, they are now currently saying that ford has approved for the removal of gearbox housing to check for the leak and fix it.

The thing is, the car was purchased on January 2015 but it has run only 3700Kms approximately and I'm extremely concerned with respect to the repair works being done. How complex is it for carrying out the above mentioned repairs especially with the gearbox housing and will it have any impact over the longer run due to the work done? I'm worried whether ford service center technicians can make sure that the parts disassembled are fitted with factory level precision since the car has run only 3700Kms.
So here is the update after almost 20 days of the car being in the service center. All the inspection and repair works has been carried out by two technicians from Ford India rather than the dealer themselves since the car has run less than 4000 kms. For the coolant leak, water pump O ring was replaced. As far as the gearbox oil seepage is concerned, I'm not quite sure what they have done to fix it. They said that it is now fixed and there won't be any more leaks. I told them very clearly to let me know whether they are completely disassembling the gearbox to fix this issue. Now, they say that gearbox hasn't been removed but instead only the gearbox housing has been removed to put a new sealant in one place. The new sealant is placed and reassembled in the car now but how can one just remove the gearbox housing alone without disassembling the gearbox itself to fix this? Should I be concerned with this now? Will such a repair cause any reliability issues in the longer run due to the repair work done?
Old 21st April 2016, 18:36   #9975
BHPian

Quote:
Can you suggest which tyre gauge you are using. I am looking out for a reliable tyre inflater but could'nt make up my mind. Feedback for most of them is that their gauge is not accurate. Went through TBHP's forum also which discuses tyre inflaters.
I don't trust the roadside tyre shop's machine. I had filled up 32 in my car a month back, today I went to another shop, he started releasing air saying it was at 45 . I immediately stopped him.
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks