Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 23:48   #9286
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

After driving about 30K kms, I have started to feel that the clutch is really hard and is a pain in bumper to bumper traffic especially in gurgaon. Is anybody else facing same issues ?
Old 25th August 2015, 07:16   #9287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
After driving about 30K kms, I have started to feel that the clutch is really hard and is a pain in bumper to bumper traffic especially in gurgaon. Is anybody else facing same issues ?
I also feel the same in city traffic. Highways are manageable. Mine is a tdci at 46k.
Old 25th August 2015, 09:56   #9288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I also feel the same in city traffic. Highways are manageable. Mine is a tdci at 46k.
I have covered 31K and the clutch is working fine for me. I would suggest you to get the clutch plates checked. Though 46K is too early for clutch plate replacement, there might be one odd case.
Old 25th August 2015, 10:34   #9289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
1. To my untrained eye everything looked ok except the exhaust pipe mid section that seems to be hanging/dangling too low close to the ground. Is this normal? The other standing TDCI variants seemed to not have this so low (although pipe did seem to dangle for those too). Attaching a few snaps of the same. Does this mean the GC for the AT variant is lesser as compared to the other variants.
Can the existing AT owners please weigh in if this is normal.
I noticed that in my Ecosport AT during it's first service when it was on the ramp, and pointed it out to the service guys. They assured me it is normal. Its 21 months since then and no problems so far.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 11:48   #9290
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I get it. Thanks anyway for your prompt reply. I'm not exactly a boy-racer but I like to make quick getaways at traffic lights to prevent autorickshaws and other slow moving vehicles from overtaking me to come and glue to my front bumper. I had an A-Star AT for 4 years which I just sold. If Ecosport AT is not much of a move-up on A-Star (in performance), then I don't think it will excite me. Now it is a toss up between Creta AT and Scorpio AT, for me. Still asking, in absolute terms, let us say you floor in D mode, then does it hit 100 in 11-12 seconds?
EcoSport a completely different animal to the A-Star AT, (which I have driven, but a little). Don't go by "metrics" alone. Ride the car. Its a couple of generations more evolved to the A-Star AT. Its refined, comfortable and has class-leading safety features. Hell, the stiff body shell itself feels like a cocoon.

Its NOT a "racer" though. I doubt, at this price range, anything other than the Polo GT TSI can be called that (if at all). Do drive the Polo GT TSI as well. I did not consider that due to poor lumbar support and uncertainties of the gearbox, but it may work for you. Its a hoot to drive, and very well built as well.

Coming to your other choices (Creta AT and Scorpio AT), I have test driven the former and driven (for maybe a 100 Km) the later. Both are old-school torque-converter gearboxes. Please, please drive them, and over a reasonable distance to make sure you have made the right choice. I don't think they satisfy your need for a "quick gate away" from standstill any more than the Ecosport. Only the Polo meets that need. But its a traditional hatchback.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 25th August 2015 at 11:52.
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 13:18   #9291
Senior - BHPian

Anyone else hearing 'loose aux belt' type of noise at cold starts? It is a sort of mild bird tweeting type.

This is a 15k done Ecosport diesel.
Old 25th August 2015, 16:39   #9292
Senior - BHPian

What rating Jumper cable is needed for Ecosport TDCi? 300 amps one is easily available online, however I am not quite sure if that would suffice.
Old 26th August 2015, 10:02   #9293
Senior - BHPian

Did my 10000 kms service yesterday (actual odo reading 9532).
Just the oil and filter change - the bill was Rs.1513.
The service guys made a slight error by recording the odo reading as 9332 - sent them a text later in the evening asking them to correct it.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 20:33   #9294
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Did my 10000 kms service yesterday (actual odo reading 9532).
Just the oil and filter change - the bill was Rs.1513.
The service guys made a slight error by recording the odo reading as 9332 - sent them a text later in the evening asking them to correct it.
What tyre pressure do you maintain? The plate on the driver's side door frame gives a range (based on load)- but I would love to have yours (and others') inputs on what is commonly used. My drives are either solo, or with wife+kid.
Old 26th August 2015, 20:49   #9295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
What tyre pressure do you maintain? The plate on the driver's side door frame gives a range (based on load)- but I would love to have yours (and others') inputs on what is commonly used. My drives are either solo, or with wife+kid.
I fill nitrogen and maintain 32 psi in all four. My latest Ford service report shows an even tread depth (and wear).
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 08:32   #9296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
What rating Jumper cable is needed for Ecosport TDCi? 300 amps one is easily available online, however I am not quite sure if that would suffice.
Not sure about the amps, but having a flat battery on middle of a highway or night journey has always haunted me. I have this compact jump starter bought from AE and it works like a charm. It comes with good quality insulated starter cables.
Once I helped a person stranded near my apartment as he forgot to switch off parking lights and resulted in battery discharge. Since then news spread so wide and quick, I have helped several bringing up their batteries from coma!

Device has muti-functions with USB and connectors for every possible kind of phone and laptop ever made. I always carry it around in my tool kit. Recharges from any AC outlet or car 12v socket. May be a have a look.
Old 27th August 2015, 10:53   #9297
BHPian

Finally took the test drive of the Creta, and it was ruled out, I could not achieve proper comfortable driving position, even after making all sorts of adjustments, little/no lower back support, whereas when i test drove the Ecosport, I was quickly able to find my appropriate driving position. I am 6 ft and a problematic lower back. So it is more likely to be an Ecosport tdci Titanium O.
One question that how long the leather seats of the Ecosport last, as no seat covers are permitted due to the airbags inside, and if they get damaged, how are they repaired, is the oem leather available. And how much does it cost?
Thanks.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:07   #9298
BHPian

I was offered leather seat covers as an accessory for my Ecosport AT. I was told its OK to install and will not have any issues with the airbags.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:45   #9299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
I was offered leather seat covers as an accessory for my Ecosport AT. I was told its OK to install and will not have any issues with the airbags.
The Ford website doesn't show any specific seat covers for Ecosport seats with an Airbag. Though I would suggest you to check with the dealer if there is any marking for SRS AIRBAG in the seat cover - else please restrain from opting one.
Old 27th August 2015, 12:46   #9300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
One question that how long the leather seats of the Ecosport last, as no seat covers are permitted due to the airbags inside, and if they get damaged, how are they repaired, is the oem leather available. And how much does it cost?
Thanks.
You get seat covers made for seats with airbags. The stiching around the airbag deployment area is weaker to allow for proper deployment. Few owners in this thread have had seat covers fitted on their cars. A search should get you the details.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks