Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2015, 23:39   #8596
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Its in the boot, beneath the boot mat. The following pictures are from page 1:
Thanks Arunphilip. I already have these, the jack and the reflectors, just wanted to know if this is it or was there a seperate toolkit provided in a pouch. If this is just it, I guess I am happy I didn't loose anything.
Old 10th February 2015, 09:12   #8597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
I already have these, the jack and the reflectors, just wanted to know if this is it or was there a seperate toolkit provided in a pouch.
This is what you'd need to change a tire. Apart from that, there's a small pouch that has the first aid kit, and some replacement bulbs & fuses. That's pretty much it. I think all manufacturers now expect us to use roadside assistance
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 14:20   #8598
BHPian

2nd free service

Hello friends,

Right now I am at the service centre for my second free service. And the service guy has given me an estimate of around 1800 rs. Engine oil, wiper fluid, etc.

Please advice what all is mandatory so that I don't end up getting done something unnecessarily. For example, he said we do wax treatment on the doors to prevent corrosion in the 2nd service. I politely denied it.

Please advice guys as the servicing has just started.

Thanks.
Old 10th February 2015, 14:47   #8599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post

Thanks.
Just opt for oil and oil filter change, that is all you require at second service. Politely decline to stupid things like door corroion etc, also opt out of wheel alignment/balancing. You can get it done outside at half the cost and they will do a better job than service center.
coolboy007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 14:52   #8600
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2nd free service

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello friends,

Right now I am at the service centre for my second free service. And the service guy has given me an estimate of around 1800 rs. Engine oil, wiper fluid, etc.

Please advice what all is mandatory so that I don't end up getting done something unnecessarily. For example, he said we do wax treatment on the doors to prevent corrosion in the 2nd service. I politely denied it.

Thanks.
Check my 10k service report here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3431321

Even if you plan to do wheel alignment at the service station, you can get it done (although it's useless) as it's free.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 17:38   #8601
BHPian

Spotted this Ecosport without the alloy mounted on the boot.

I'm not sure if this is an option at the dealers while buying one.

It looks like the provision for mounting the spare on the boot is still very much there. Maybe the owner has gotten it removed (or asked Ford to not install in the first place )?

We can see the two indentations which have been masked and have 'Ecosport' and 'Titanium' monograms on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20150208_150602.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20150208_150701.jpg  

97_Octane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 18:02   #8602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Spotted this Ecosport without the alloy mounted on the boot. We can see the two indentations which have been masked and have 'Ecosport' and 'Titanium' monograms on them.
Interesting, and looks well executed. IMHO, the excess of chrome looks bad, however.

I also notice that the owner has replaced the standard (read: ugly) looking rear wiper with a classier looking version.
Old 11th February 2015, 07:05   #8603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also notice that the owner has replaced the standard (read: ugly) looking rear wiper with a classier looking version.
If you look closely you will notice it's the same old wiper with a chrome cover.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 07:34   #8604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also notice that the owner has replaced the standard rear wiper with a classier looking version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If you look closely you will notice it's the same old wiper with a chrome cover.
Yes true. It is part of the chrome kit, available as a Ford accessory.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1249107529087.jpeg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 11th February 2015 at 07:37.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 11:36   #8605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Yes true. It is part of the chrome kit, available as a Ford accessory.
Well spotted. So what I thought was the one classy fitment on that car turned out to be more tacky chrome. Aargh!

The initial post does make me wonder how the owner manages without a spare - does he keep it in the boot, or just runs on 4 tires and uses some manner of concierge service (on a credit card, or insurance, for instance) in case of a puncture?
Old 11th February 2015, 18:02   #8606
BHPian

Quote:
Well spotted. So what I thought was the one classy fitment on that car turned out to be more tacky chrome. Aargh!

The initial post does make me wonder how the owner manages without a spare - does he keep it in the boot, or just runs on 4 tires and uses some manner of concierge service (on a credit card, or insurance, for instance) in case of a puncture?
You know there are some people who have never had a puncture and if they ever had one, they were near some service center or garage. Some folks actually do not worry about it.

I for one in my 8 years of driving (around 75000 kms - guessing), have never had a tyre puncture serious enough that the tyre had to be removed. I generally drive for 2-3 kms more to the nearest place and get it rectified. Of course I am mainly a city driver and rarely venture out. For a person driving on the highways, I feel it is mandatory.

P.S. - I still have my tyre on the rear door as it looks cool.
Anand2712 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 18:12   #8607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The initial post does make me wonder how the owner manages without a spare - for instance in case of a puncture?
Yes, without a spare wheel, sometimes things will go awry; the services of mobile puncture attending personnel, notwithstanding.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2015, 10:07   #8608

Hello everyone,
I have a 1.5L TDCI titanium O, manufactured November 2013. Bought it in December 2013. This last December it finished its one year with about 7600 Kms drive only. But as soon as It finished a year, in January its front car charging port breathed its last. I am a pretty gentle person, and love my car. I don't remember being otherwise especially with my car. I haven't had the time to get it fixed but I was wondering has anybody else also had the same issue ?
I don't use the rear charging port much, maybe only thrice so far. And that's why it is still working. The car keys battery also went low in January, but that's still understandable.

Also, if anybody has come to know of stories of EcoSport breaking down on their way to some hill station, kindly share. I am planning to do my first road trip to hills soon. I have heard something to that effect but don't have the precise details.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 15th February 2015, 15:05   #8609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjuhara View Post
I have a 1.5L TDCI titanium O, manufactured November 2013. its front car charging port breathed its last. I haven't had the time to get it fixed but I was wondering has anybody else also had the same issue ?
There have been some reports of the USB port failing, though not the charging socket.

Since yours is a Titanium (O), it will be subject to the recall for side/curtain airbag harness rewiring, see here. The RCM that needs rewiring sits beneath the handbrake/gear lever console.

Your next step will be one of these:
  1. If you've already done the fix for the recall, ask them to check the wiring, they might have failed to reconnect the wire to the charging socket.
  2. If you've not already taken your car in for the recall, then, when you do so, ask them to check it.

In the earlier report where the USB port had failed, the owner mentioned that when he asked Ford's service center about fixing this, they quoted a large sum to replace a portion of the wiring harness.

Since your charging socket is a pure electrical part (and it doesn't even seem to tie in to the ignition - see here), you should not need such a complex or expensive remedy. So be adamant if Ford insist on an expensive replacement, and ask the to identify the issue, so you can get it fixed outside too, if you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjuhara View Post
Also, if anybody has come to know of stories of EcoSport breaking down on their way to some hill station, kindly share. I am planning to do my first road trip to hills soon. I have heard something to that effect but don't have the precise details.
I don't recall seeing anything about EcoSports breaking down while going to a hill station... or breaking down at all. If you do have any concrete/first-hand information, please do share it here for the benefit of all.

My Dad bought a diesel EcoSport in Dec 2014, and has driven up from Coimbatore to the Nilgiris 3-4 times until now (that's a southern hill station with an elevation of ~2000 MSL) - no concerns whatsoever. He's happy with the linear power delivery of the diesel engine. And there are multiple EcoSports running in various hill stations.

Don't worry, and have fun
Old 15th February 2015, 16:07   #8610
BHPian

For those who are interested how the EcoBoost engine works under their hoods!

For animated gifs head to the below URL

http://jacoboneal.com/portfolio/ford-ecoboost/

Copyright belongs to the creator Mr Jacob O Neal & Ford motor Company.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1ecoboostturbo.gif  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2ecoboostdi.gif  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-3ecoboosthorsepower.gif  

Last edited by johannskaria : 15th February 2015 at 16:08.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks