Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 22:07   #7156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
I booked my ecosport yesterday (12th may). I have been promised a delivery time of less than 2 months for titanium option diesel in red.

I presume your dealer is Rajshree Ford. The Sales Adviser told me that their dealership has 'good relationship' with Ford, so they manage quicker deliveries.
Old 13th May 2014, 23:45   #7157
BHPian

A small update on my EcoSport. Completed 1st highway trip (out of the numerous planned in future) Blore-Pune-Blore.

Total Kms done - 2200 Kms (1800KMs Highway)
Mileage = 14 KM/L ( a 6th gear would have increased the mileage)
Blore to Kolhapur roads are amazing.

Handling on highway is good. It does feel out of breath ( maybe coming from a I20 CRDI is the reason). I felt the need of a 6th Gear at times.

Overall I am enjoying Urban SUV. 6500 KMs done till now & many more to come.
Old 14th May 2014, 09:45   #7158
BHPian

Quote:
congrats on your booking.
I booked my ecosport yesterday (12th may). I have been promised a delivery time of less than 2 months for titanium option diesel in red.
i heard from the SA that the waiting times are considerably reduced. do check with another dealer in your area regarding waiting times before mounting the pressure on your SA. BTW which model are you going for?
I had enquired on phone, re. delivery periods for the AT model, with the 2 dealers in Pune. One indicated 1 to 1.5 years and the other commited 4 months.
I feel that Ford asks the dealers to commit/book cars in advance, independant of actual customer bookings. Delivery schedules from Ford to the dealer must be according to such bookings & the customer actually gets delivery from the dealer's bookings. Each dealer seems to be utilising different stratergies based on their financial positions. That is possibly the only explanation for such large variations in promised delivery dates between 2 dealers.
Old 14th May 2014, 09:50   #7159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
congrats on your booking.
i heard from the SA that the waiting times are considerably reduced. do check with another dealer in your area regarding waiting times before mounting the pressure on your SA. BTW which model are you going for?
Friend - you are lucky. The Cochin dealers (Kairali Ford & Malayalam Ford) are not accepting bookings for the AT version inspite of all the newspaper reports. They are taking bookings for all other variants though.
Old 14th May 2014, 11:24   #7160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
I just recently booked my EcoSport and the dealer has promised delivery within 4 months. I need suggestions regarding strategy for following-up with the dealer. Should I be too aggressive and give my SA a call every two weeks or should I start pestering him after 1 or 2 months? Also, any other tips on how to ensure timely delivery of the vehicle?
Not pester but connect would help for sure, at least in my case periodic connect paid off and i had my car delivered in net 40 days from booking(in Sept 13)

Quote:
1) I see a lot of EcoSports with bumper guards. There are obvious advantages like additional protection and sporty look, but is there any downside also?
If you are referring to metallic guards, i would advise installing them as they defeat the basic purpose of having bumpers - which is to absorb the impact in case of a crash. Also it may impact the functioning of airbags

Quote:
3) My dealer is offering a rear-parking camera from 3T brand for 22k. I tested it and seemed to work fine. Is it worth putting in another 3k and go for Ford's stock rear-parking camera?
There are better aftermarket options and 22K is way too high a price to pay for rear cameras. I ordered a set of 2 (front and rear) along with a switch from aliexpress for about 33$ and have connected the output to a Gen 1 nexus7 (which does a lot more than acting as a display for cams) using iOnroad app. Even with all of this - the total spent is <12K

Quote:
4) My dealer is charging 30k for insurance but I checked that ICICI Lombard and HDFC Ergo are providing 0 dep insurance for about 20k. But, I don't know if they have cashless agreement with Ford. Any suggestions?
HDFC Ergo is good, they do provide cashless claims for Ford(atleast mine was) and the service is pretty good
Rajiv0909 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 14:53   #7161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
A small update on my EcoSport. Completed 1st highway trip (out of the numerous planned in future) Blore-Pune-Blore.
Total Kms done - 2200 Kms (1800KMs Highway)
Blore to Kolhapur roads are amazing.
Handling on highway is good. It does feel out of breath ( maybe coming from a I20 CRDI is the reason). I felt the need of a 6th Gear at times.
Overall I am enjoying Urban SUV. 6500 KMs done till now & many more to come.

with you on the 6th gear but only for a mileage increase point of view.
Performance is fantastic even now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Friend - you are lucky. The Cochin dealers (Kairali Ford & Malayalam Ford) are not accepting bookings for the AT version inspite of all the newspaper reports. They are taking bookings for all other variants though.
Try booking from a metro city to get faster deliveries for automatics.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 15:13   #7162
BHPian

[quote=ecosport rules;3433887] with you on the 6th gear but only for a mileage increase point of view.
Performance is fantastic even now.

Ecosport Rules the Performance is fantastic i agree, I got the feeling for an additional gear was because of being spoiled by driving an I20 CRDI. The speeds i could maintain at 2300 RPM on an I20 require me to be at almost 3000 RPM on an Ecosport. However i must the handling, the driving position & the comfort is in a different league as compared to I20.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:17   #7163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post

I felt the need of a 6th Gear at times.
+1, I feel the same in my Swift too.

But if the car is equipped with a 6-speed transmission then city traffic will kill you as you'll have to work frequently on the gearbox to keep in motion.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 15:35   #7164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Try booking from a metro city to get faster deliveries for automatics.
Thanks - but I require to run it here and I do not think they would transfer a booking made in a metro to another town.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 15:48   #7165
BHPian

Just wondering, is anyone buying EcoBoost at all?
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 16:07   #7166
Senior - BHPian

An observation after driving the Ecosport over dusty roads: the engine bay doesn't get as dirty as Ford's predecessors.

Perhaps this correlates with the excellent sound deadening.

Any other bhpian observed the same?

Another point is that the tdci unit is not packed that much tightly in the bay; mechanics will have no reason to grumble.
Old 14th May 2014, 17:25   #7167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I think it also depends on the internal design - in the EcoSport, I feel that there is a lot of space at/around the door (where the armrest is), which means that it is not usable for passenger seating. I've not seen a Honda City to compare them, however.

Possibly it has to do with an international safety design which incorporated side airbags. Any car with side airbags will always have a gap between the passenger sitting and the door as a safety feature. The optional and AT versions have airbags hence probably this design.
its always a good thing to have space. Having thin tinny doors and a seating which is touching those is a recipe for disaster during accidents. Any car with decent safety features will have a lot of space between the door and the seat. Look at any BMW, Merc or Audi and you will appreciate that.
sunny1974 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 17:45   #7168
BHPian

10 K service done last week.
Noticed for last 3 days as soon as I start the car every morning, I get a message- engine oil pressure low stop safely. It comes and goes away immediately. Does not come again unless the car has rested for about 4 hours. Took it to service where unfortunately even after one hour the message did not come. Oil levels were found to be ok. I discussed reg putting 4.6 L vs 3.8 L. They were categoric that it is 4.6 L for diesel. They stated that the oil level was correct on the dipstick so it canmot be 3.8 L.
If the message continues I will be leaving the car with them for the day.
Old 14th May 2014, 18:02   #7169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Just wondering, is anyone buying EcoBoost at all?
People are ready to buy but company is not ready to sell in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
An observation after driving the Ecosport over dusty roads: the engine bay doesn't get as dirty as Ford's predecessors.
Perhaps this correlates with the excellent sound deadening.
Any other bhpian observed the same?
Another point is that the tdci unit is not packed that much tightly in the bay; mechanics will have no reason to grumble.
with you, the engine bay is sealed quite well and the motor is not tightly packed(lots of space around).
I love to keep it clean hence installed a Hydraulic strut to the bonnet (to help open much higher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
10 K service done last week.
Noticed for last 3 days as soon as I start the car every morning, I get a message- engine oil pressure low stop safely. It comes and goes away immediately. Does not come again unless the car has rested for about 4 hours. Took it to service where unfortunately even after one hour the message did not come. Oil levels were found to be ok. I discussed reg putting 4.6 L vs 3.8 L. They were categoric that it is 4.6 L for diesel. They stated that the oil level was correct on the dipstick so it canmot be 3.8 L.
If the message continues I will be leaving the car with them for the day.
Your oil pressure switch is faulty, get it checked and replaced under warranty
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 18:12   #7170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+1, I feel the same in my Swift too.

But if the car is equipped with a 6-speed transmission then city traffic will kill you as you'll have to work frequently on the gearbox to keep in motion.

Anurag.
Completely agree Anurag, that is the reason why i don't feel the need of a 6th gear while driving in the city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks