Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2014, 16:40   #7021
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am still having doubts on the turbocharger and its seals working. Can you get that checked by plugging the diagnostic tool and to know what is the boost pressure it develops or if you know any BHPian in your city who had a ELM 327 OBD 2 reader can help you out faster.

When on the move do you sense the spooling up of the turbocharger?

There could be an issue with the EGR valve too.

Anurag.
Hi Anurag, first of all thanks for helping me out there. Unfortunately I do not know anybody who has a OBD connector. But I think it is worth buying one as it just cost around 2K on amazon.

The Ford guys have already tested the car (so many times) with the diagnostic tools and they have found no issues with EGR valves and the Turbo charger.

Whenever on throttle I do not get a immediate thrust, then I realise that the car has an issue. During the day I experience that the car is running heavy in initial gears, when I come to a standstill and then start again from standstill, it again starts giving me the punch. On driving for a few kms the sluggishness is again noticeable.

Whereas on most days, when the car is behaving normally, on throttle the car gives a super punch. There is no lag and the car drives super smooth.

I made a graph to represent my issue.

Do you think I should invest in the OBD Bluetooth connector ?
Attached Images

harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 16:58   #7022
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
But I think it is worth buying one as it just cost around 2K on amazon.
Search in Ebay.in and buy it there as it costs Rs 950.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140501_165329.png
Views: 3242
Size:  203.4 KB

Hope your using an Android mobile where you can buy an App that will help you read data - Torque PRO.

Quote:
Whenever on throttle I do not get a immediate thrust, then I realise that the car has an issue. During the day I experience that the car is running heavy in initial gears, when I come to a standstill and then start again from standstill, it again starts giving me the punch. On driving for a few kms the sluggishness is again noticeable.
This is what is confusing me as the car is good from standstill and goes bad again. Not understating as to what could be happening.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st May 2014 at 17:02.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 00:40   #7023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Ford guys have already tested the car (so many times) with the diagnostic tools and they have found no issues with EGR valves
Hi,
Right at the moment when you think its sorted out and it starts all over again.

I am thinking aloud, but what are the chances that you got a lemon and may be consider getting rid of it
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:57   #7024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi,
Right at the moment when you think its sorted out and it starts all over again.

I am thinking aloud, but what are the chances that you got a lemon and may be consider getting rid of it
Hello Dr. Kumar, I need to give my car to the ASC again next week for their analysis. In case they are unable to still find the root cause, I have no choice but to sell it off and buy some Honda or Suzuki.
So yes that's very much in my mind. As I do not have so much time to follow up with Ford for such issues for all the time I own this car. There are much important things to do in life. I will accept as my destiny and happily take a dent on my pocket for this.

Quote:
Search in Ebay.in and buy it there as it costs Rs 950.

Attachment 1236094

Hope your using an Android mobile where you can buy an App that will help you read data - Torque PRO.

Anurag.
Hi Anurag, I have ordered the OBD2 scanner from ebay for INR840 as I had a discount coupon to cash in. Moreover going forward let be the first Team-BHPIAN to have this around my area so that I can help others on this.

Should be delivered by Monday and then I would generate reports daily and share with you all to show issues, if any.
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:40   #7025
BANNED

Quote:
I need to give my car to the ASC again next week for their analysis. In case they are unable to still find the root cause, I have no choice but to sell it off and buy some Honda or Suzuki.
Ford should answer you first and you need to go and have a STRONG conversation with the service manager, the dealership head along with the TSM (Territory Service Manager) and get the answer for the awkward behaviour of the car.

Either demand for a car replacement or money refunded as such issues if it is a lemon CANNOT be ignored. I know there are other important things in life but spending so much for a car and then getting such vague responses from the ASC isn't acceptable. If things don't go the food way street a task then you better go the legal way to sort off things.

Quote:
I have ordered the OBD2 scanner from ebay for INR840 as I had a discount coupon to cash in
Good that you bought it and also a decent discount on it. You can get enough information at any time you need without the need to visit F.A.S.S.

There is another App called: TestDrive OBD II Data Logger. This will log all the required data you select and keep it stored. IIRC the paid version will convert this very data into excel sheet so that it can be used and read better.

All the best and do keep us posted on the update regarding the car and OBD data.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd May 2014 at 11:41.
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:36   #7026
BHPian

Quick update on my Ecosport experience.

I have the 1.5 Titanium Diesel. Have driven around 4K kms. monthly average of 700 kms.

Below observations:

1. Mileage has improved gradually from 12 to 16-17 without AC in bangalore traffic. However with AC on (pretty hot in bangalore this time around )
the mileage drops to 12.5 km/l. I believe this pretty low and am not sure how this can be improved. I always thought that difference between using AC and not using would show a difference of max 2 km/l but this is huge.
I daily travel on old airport road and the 5 km distance takes me around 25 minutes hence you can assume the traffic conditions.
Any suggestions to improve the mileage are welcome.
2. AC is superb and cools the car flat in 10 seconds at least for the driver.
3. Good Year tyres were initially smooth, however lately I can hear some noise. It could be that the one tyre has been punctured twice by some miscreant. Anyways my upgrade is not going to be another Good Year when the time comes.
4. Acceleration is good but not great. To be honest I had test driven Celerio (was considering it for my wife, finally settled on Grand i10 Asta option petrol), and the acceleration was much better in Celerio as compared to my Ecosport. Grand i10 was on par. However I feel this is due to the weight of the car.
5. Till date 2 cars (Verna and Alto) have banged into mine, and both times I escaped with a small scratch and those 2 got major dents.
6. Headlamps are useless. Need to get them changed asap especially since night driving on highways is a nightmare. Although it does force me to sit absolutely straight to see the road.
7. Parking this car in tight spots is a breeze. I have seen all sedan owners struggling to park it in spots where I had parked my Ecosport.
8. Lastly I have heard so many negative feelers from people who wanted to book Ecosport but could not do it because of the waiting period. I believe situations like these decide the fate of the car and I have a gut feeling that once Maruti, Hyundai and Honda come up with their mini-suvs, it will be tough for Ecosport to survive. As they say make hay while the sun shines unfortunately not in this case.
Anand2712 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:59   #7027
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys with a Ford,

Please recommend a good SA you trust who does a great job and the service center you visit in Bangalore please?
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:16   #7028
BHPian

1st service inputs

Hello,

Should I go to the same dealer for the 1st service or can I go to the nearest one to me? are there any cons for going to another dealer for servicing? Bought the car from Metro Ford but closest and convenient is Lathangi.

any tips or suggestions for the 1st service.

Thanks.
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:18   #7029
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello,

Should I go to the same dealer for the 1st service or can I go to the nearest one to me? are there any cons for going to another dealer for servicing? Bought the car from Metro Ford but closest and convenient is Lathangi.

any tips or suggestions for the 1st service.

Thanks.
No idea how Ford works but there is generally no hard and fast rule that the car must be service where it was bought. Only thing is, it must be an authorised service centre.

Anurag.
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:25   #7030
BHPian

Quote:
No idea how Ford works but there is generally no hard and fast rule that the car must be service where it was bought. Only thing is, it must be an authorised service centre.

Anurag.

Thanks for the reply Anurag.

Yup, any authorized Ford service centre will honour the free service coupon.

But my query is: will another dealer service with the same care and attention with which the one I bought the car would (assuming that they would)?

Last edited by pc1686 : 2nd May 2014 at 13:32.
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:30   #7031
BANNED

Quote:

But my query is: will another dealer service with the same care and attention with which the one I bought the care would?
Ideally they should and why don't you search the T-BHP directory and dealership threads to get information as to which dealership is betterin standards and service quality.

Anurag.
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:48   #7032
Senior - BHPian

When I went to give my car for service, the mechanic mentioned that a lot a Ecosports were getting broken down, mostly due to battery issues. He offers Road Side Assistance and mentioned that he is getting calls from as many Ecosports as all other vehicles combined in the last few weeks. As per him, the battery that Ford gives in Ecosport is not good enough to support a additional accessories unless the car was used daily.

Just curious how bad the situation was in other parts of India. Did any Ecosport owners here face similar issues and if so, did changing to a better battery resolve the issue?

EDIT: Which brand is the Ecosport's OEM battery?

Last edited by zenren : 2nd May 2014 at 13:54.
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:55   #7033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Anurag.

Yup, any authorized Ford service centre will honour the free service coupon.

But my query is: will another dealer service with the same care and attention with which the one I bought the car would (assuming that they would)?
The service centre takes the counter foil off your manual and sends it to Ford.
They get paid too for a free service, so I dont see any reason for lack of care and attention to detail.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:01   #7034
Senior - BHPian

First thing I would suggest you to do is, send a nasty email to custmail@ford.com with all the details of the work done by the dealer. Insist on getting someone from Ford diagnostics to look at the car and not the dealer.

I also have some questions, not sure if this was discussed before.

1. When do you feel this sluggishness, do you feel it only after the car has run for a long time in traffic?

2. At what speed vs gears do you feel this sluggishness?

3. It could be bad fuel too, have you got the fuel filter checked?

4. Is there excessive black smoke when you give more throttle during this sluggishness?

Quote:
After the clutch bleed and the right engine oil quantity the car has become much agile to drive, but still with AC sometimes the car becomes super sluggish in gears 1-2-3. Very disappointing. My only issue is that the same car drives so light and zippy and someday it does not drive the same quick and light. This intermittent behavior basically is really making me feel something is really wrong. Don't know if this a common feature will all diesel cars and particularly with Ecosport.
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:10   #7035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
When I went to give my car for service, the mechanic mentioned that a lot a Ecosports were getting broken down, mostly due to battery issues. He offers Road Side Assistance and mentioned that he is getting calls from as many Ecosports as all other vehicles combined in the last few weeks. As per him, the battery that Ford gives in Ecosport is not good enough to support a additional accessories unless the car was used daily.
EDIT: Which brand is the Ecosport's OEM battery?
I will share my personal experience
I've had two occasions where I couldnt start the car for 15 to 20 days but didnt face any trouble.

We regularly keep the car in one hour audio mode, while cleaning the car.

But you are right, I've heard battery complaints from Mody Ford, hyderabad too.
Which varient is your Ecosport? .

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd May 2014 at 14:11.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks