Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2014, 17:56   #6841
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
Hi Roy,
Glad that you could resolve the niggles. I have noticed fuel quality affects my mileage quite a bit. With shell petrol, I get 11km consistently in the city and 15km on highway. If I go for IOC, it falls by a km or more.
My car is done 800 km mileage is still at 8.8 Avg AC all the time ,fuel is shell hi-grade .Will this increase after a service ?
Petrol MT
Old 7th April 2014, 22:57   #6842

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
FE Update: Worst - 7.98 kmpl (Average Speed of 18 kmph over a fill-up of 40 litres) Best - 14.91 kmpl (Average Speed of 46 kmph over a fill-up of 40 litres) Average Running cost - Rs. 7.73/- per km.
Beat this......

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image3152456485.jpg
harshBLR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 08:20   #6843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
My car is done 800 km mileage is still at 8.8 Avg AC all the time ,fuel is shell hi-grade .Will this increase after a service ?
Petrol MT
Shiv im not sure at what average speed you drive the car but I have been getting 11kmpl on my 1.5AT since almost 2 months since I got the car. This is mostly in city conditions apart from a 400km trip. we have driven it approximately 2500km and the 1st service is due shortly. The petrol is normal type mostly from bp. I think you are probably not driving the car optimally. Put on the instant mileage mode on the screen and watch it for some time and train yourself how to use the gears effectively. You will notice a marked increase in mileage.You can get an almost similar speed at different rpms on different gears thus affecting mileage dramatically. It takes a while but you will adjust to a new better mode of driving which not only conserves fuel but is also good for the environment and results in safer driving and is good for the engine and life of the car. Good luck with the driving.
sunny1974 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 10:43   #6844
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshBLR View Post
Beat this......

Attachment 1227768
Hey this is for sure while coasting and throttle fully released :-) :-)
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 11:33   #6845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Petrol MT
Hi Shivkumar, I too have AT version and mileage has not changed much post first service. Being a manual, I think it would boil down to your driving style. You can change gears between 2500-3000RPM - try getting the car to 3rd as fast as possible and then drive with a light foot. Avoid sudden acceleration. Your mileage should improve. DCT being a dual clutch box can change gears faster than a human can and that may explain the consistency of AT figures.
Anuraj Ennai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 12:44   #6846
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shivkumar, I too have AT version and mileage has not changed much post first service. Being a manual, I think it would boil down to your driving style. You can change gears between 2500-3000RPM - try getting the car to 3rd as fast as possible and then drive with a light foot. Avoid sudden acceleration. Your mileage should improve. DCT being a dual clutch box can change gears faster than a human can and that may explain the consistency of AT figures.
I do not think that the shifting speed affects mileage. An AT is more idiot proof than a manual since the computer does the thinking for you and hence might get you a better mileage. If somebody is getting a bad mileage in a MT, the problem should be with the driver and not the transmission.

Having said that, the whole talk about driving below 3000rpm gets my goat. The 1.5P on the ecosport has no life in it below 3000rpm. The difference between a 11kmpl and 9kmpl is only slight, so I'd say, have some fun with the car than constantly worrying about the mileage.
Old 8th April 2014, 14:01   #6847
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Roy,
Glad that you could resolve the niggles. I have noticed fuel quality affects my mileage quite a bit. With shell petrol, I get 11km consistently in the city and 15km on highway. If I go for IOC, it falls by a km or more.
Exactly my observations for my AT. Shell fuel defintely makes a difference. Would rate Shell , HP and IOC in that order based on the fuel economy i have got. Currently getting around 10.5 through crowded bangalore roads and near to 15 over highways.

Cheers.
Unbranded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 18:00   #6848
Senior - BHPian

Just Finished 10k service.
Serivce Summary:
1. The car had completed 9670 KM without any serious issues.

2.I was charged 3160 for the service. This includes Alignment and balancing. The actual service cost is 1770 excluding vat and alignment and balancing.

3. I had driven a lot in Shiradi ghat when it was in pathetic shape. This had resulted in rattle in rear hatch door. The rattle is 85% fixed. It still rattles in very bad road. As per SA, whenever there is dust settling around latches the rattle appears. I feel in incline it will rattle more as weight gets transferred to rear tire.

4.The car was serviced at Elite Ford and i would rate 4.5/5. Been going to different Ford centre's in Karnataka since 2000 and they been one the most professional and best when compared to VW,Toyota,Maruthi, Chevy,Hyundai. Still wondering why some people keep complaining about Ford service.

5. The car was thoroughly cleaned inside/outside and well polished.

Car Summary:
1. Did i enjoy 10k of drive?? Boy i loved it. The car has butch look for the price, infact the bonet stands taller than that of Duster and looks mean. Every weekend when i give the car a wash and polish people stare even after over 40K ecosports on road. Somebody said "why should a design look cheap?" and Ecosport is the perfect example of how a design can make the product look premium/lifestyle product.

2.FE is acceptable or good and is consistent. However i noticed FE drops significantly with increase in speed in Highway. I get anywhere between 11-15 in city and 17-20 in highway.

3. Steering response could not have got any better. Pure bliss to drive.

4.I wish the Ecosport TDCi had little more power! Particularly after driving Vento TDi, i feel why the heck is Ecosport slow!

5. Damn the government rules. I wish the Ecosport was little longer, this would have made it complete. I am saying this not because it would be more practical but just for the looks. The car actually is of perfect size for a family of 4-5.

6. From resale perspective it is good to see lot of Ecosport on road but i dont want to lose the exclusivity.

7. Ok now this is something i have completely forgot- under body scrap. The Ecosport beats even our Innova here. A 4 wheel drive will definitely make Ecosport a go anywhere vehicle.

This news is for some one who wants to own new Ecosport fast,really fast .

The SA told me that the Delear in Hosur(Akashs Ford) has a lot of stock and delivers Ecosport within 10-15 days. Only problem is one has to get temporary registration done, if you want to register it in Bangalore. However i am not 100% sure about the authenticity.
P.S: This is new dealer opened up in Hosur.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 21:33   #6849

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Hey this is for sure while coasting and throttle fully released :-) :-)
well you are mostly right. I reset the reading as I started back to Bangalore from Coorg. Without any gear I clocked some good number of kilometers and the Average rating went upto 55 KMs / Litre.

I was very disappointed in the beginning when i picked up ES EcoBoost in last Aug since the FE never went more than 8. After first service thankfully it has gone upto 12 while I maintain the RPM below 2.5k. Usually in city with AC I get 9.5-10 Avg. Trying to analyze the FE under 2k RPM, hopefully it will get better than 12 after 2nd service.
Old 8th April 2014, 21:46   #6850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshBLR View Post
Beat this...55kmpl.

Attachment 1227768
Coasting speeds on a down hill with give fortuner 99kmpl .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbranded View Post
Shell fuel defintely makes a difference. Would rate Shell , HP and IOC in that order based on the fuel economy i have got.

Cheers.
What do you think the reason is?
Quality or quantity fo fuel?
Old 8th April 2014, 21:59   #6851
Senior - BHPian

I echo Blacksport's comment about driving under 3000 rpm being ridiculous. If you see my previous post, the economy was far better at a higher average speed, which was also achieved with most of the driving on S mode, and certainly at well above 3k.
It's kinda funny though...
Old 9th April 2014, 11:12   #6852
BHPian

Look, what all Europe gets and India doesn't, in an ES manufactured in India.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...cosport/18244/

Jealous, haan?
Old 9th April 2014, 12:35   #6853

I just got my Ecosport booking cancelled and brought home my new i20 - Asta (Ember Grey). Though it tugs my heart for not owning the Ford Ecosport, it did not seem 'Value for Money' anymore as it was advertised when launched.

The current price for the Diesel Titanium is 1102295 INR with a waiting period of 6 months (post Excise Duty offers) and with prices poised to be hiked again soon, the VFM value isn't present anymore. I was also asked to take immediate Delivery on a payment of 70,000/- premium for a Silver Titanium that was available, but I declined.
Vara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 14:26   #6854
Senior - BHPian

^ Congratulations on your i20 Vara, BUT, please pardon me for finding your rationale flawed, with effect to NOT finding an Ecosport Value For Money, as against, especially an i20!
To me, after 6 months of owning the Ecosport AT, it is very well worth it's price tag and two price hikes over and above.

Not saying that the i20 is a bad car though.
Old 9th April 2014, 16:35   #6855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vara View Post
I just got my Ecosport booking cancelled and brought home my new i20 - Asta (Ember Grey). Though it tugs my heart for not owning the Ford Ecosport, it did not seem 'Value for Money' anymore as it was advertised when launched.

The current price for the Diesel Titanium is 1102295 INR with a waiting period of 6 months (post Excise Duty offers) and with prices poised to be hiked again soon, the VFM value isn't present anymore. I was also asked to take immediate Delivery on a payment of 70,000/- premium for a Silver Titanium that was available, but I declined.
I too agree with what roy_libran said above. Flaws notwithstanding, Ecosport is a much superior package than the i20.

But I should salute you for not falling fir the temptation to buy the Ecosport for a 70k premium. What is more important than any worldly pleasure is our integrity.

Of course, no offence meant to people who paid bribes and bought accessories to jump the waiting line.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks