Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 15:10   #6661
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

It hasn't been even one day of ownership of Ford ecosport and I am already experiencing what looks like a troublesome relationship with Ford going forward. I got the car delivered yesterday only with one key and a promise that the other key would be handed over today. After calling they tell me that they have lost the key and I need to leave my car with them so that they can change entire lock set.

After 8 months of wait, and one day of ownership, I am not entirely sure if it is good idea to leave the car with such irresponsible people, so I have decided to take this matter up with Ford authorities.

Guys, can you please share the contact details of people in Ford who would take this more seriously than these dealers?
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 15:36   #6662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
I have decided to take this matter up with Ford authorities.Guys, can you please share the contact details of people in Ford who would take this more seriously than these dealers?
Trust me, that won't fetch you any additional benefit. If you are skeptical about their work, I suggest you to spare a day and get the job done in your presence. In case you still want to contact the higher authorities at Ford here's the link. Hope this helps
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 19:16   #6663
BHPian

Quote:
It hasn't been even one day of ownership of Ford ecosport and I am already experiencing what looks like a troublesome relationship with Ford going forward. I got the car delivered yesterday only with one key and a promise that the other key would be handed over today. After calling they tell me that they have lost the key and I need to leave my car with them so that they can change entire lock set.

After 8 months of wait, and one day of ownership, I am not entirely sure if it is good idea to leave the car with such irresponsible people, so I have decided to take this matter up with Ford authorities.

Guys, can you please share the contact details of people in Ford who would take this more seriously than these dealers?
Shame on them. The sad part is there is no where you can raise your voice in Ford. Ford has no channels apart from the toll free and the email support. There is no place you can escalate an issue. Even I'm suffering badly. I will never buy Ford in my life. Its always good to learn from others - Honda, Suzuki and Toyota are the best - as they care and have excellent consumer redressal mechanisms.

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 8th March 2014 at 19:18. Reason: missed a word.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 19:28   #6664
Senior - BHPian

There was a time when you could write to Mike Boneham and get a redressal to your problem. After he left the Ford Customers are "Ram Bharose".
Old 9th March 2014, 12:31   #6665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
am uploading some pics ,hope you like it .
Been for a small drive to stretch her ,she handles perfectly at high speeds and devours all small potholes which come under her .
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc03731.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc03721.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc03733.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc03720.jpg  

shivkumar19 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 20:48   #6666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Been for a small drive to stretch her ,she handles perfectly at high speeds and devours all small potholes which come under her .
with the handling

Congrats on your black beauty.Like the first picture in the fields.

You encouraged me to post some pictures too.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 17:37   #6667
BHPian

Check this out:

"bizarrely, the bigger 1.5-litre engine has less power (82kW compared with 92kW) and less torque (140Nm compared with 170). Hit the accelerator and very little happens, and when you go round a corner or up a hill the auto struggles to find the right gear. It does have a Sport mode button but press this and the engine whines like my children."

Source: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/mot...ails-to-score/

I drive a manual though, but it seems this guy yells out exactly what I feel while speeding off at traffic lights or going up an incline.
Old 10th March 2014, 17:52   #6668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yikes!!
However, as someone else also suggested, best is to try the polite/patient approach first and hope it works out.
Old 10th March 2014, 18:22   #6669
BANNED

Ford EcoSport : Official Review

You could just use the transponder number and get duplicate keys. It'll come directly from the factory.

Why all this hassle about changing all the locks ?

EDIT:it's the number written on a metal piece (rectangular(generally) ) attached to the key.
Old 10th March 2014, 19:45   #6670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Check this out:

"bizarrely, the bigger 1.5-litre engine has less power (82kW compared with 92kW) and less torque (140Nm compared with 170). Hit the accelerator and very little happens, and when you go round a corner or up a hill the auto struggles to find the right gear. It does have a Sport mode button but press this and the engine whines like my children."

Source: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/mot...ails-to-score/

I drive a manual though, but it seems this guy yells out exactly what I feel while speeding off at traffic lights or going up an incline.
Feels like the reviewer is not much of an expert. Why would the fact that that 1.0 ecoboost produces more power than the 1.5 be bizarre. Even a person casually following the automobile scene would know that the ecoboost is a turbo petrol and the USP of a turbo petrol is big output and diesel like torque from small displacement engines. Also doesn't the ecosport AT come with tiptronic option. At least the Indian spec version does. So I assume the Australian version does too.
Old 10th March 2014, 22:37   #6671

Dear Anuraj,

If you need the stepney, that is !!
I haven't, one because of the cost and two, because it somehow looks more sporty without the stepney. Ford is selling it for rupees 11,000 as last i heard, might as well buy it from the showroom.
manjuhara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 23:16   #6672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Why would the fact that that 1.0 ecoboost produces more power than the 1.5 be bizarre.
I guess the reviewer has just considered the conventional concept "bigger beast better" here and not the technology implied into the engine.
But yes, IMO the 1.5 L Petrol engine under the hood not really feels like a 1.5 L when it struggles (feels under-powered) in normal conditions even with the A/C turned off.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 11:11   #6673
Senior - BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosportbrazilmodifiedrearquarterview.jpg

This is what an EcoSport owner in Brazil has managed to do to his SUV. Brilliant execution IMO.
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/03/f...e-wheel-124660
More details here:
CARDEEP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 12:56   #6674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
You could just use the transponder number and get duplicate keys. It'll come directly from the factory.

Why all this hassle about changing all the locks ?

EDIT:it's the number written on a metal piece (rectangular(generally) ) attached to the key.
The problem would be with the lost key. God knows who may have it. Safer to replace the entire lock.
Old 12th March 2014, 15:35   #6675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
This is what an EcoSport owner in Brazil has managed to do to his SUV.
Very clean finish, must say. Intelligently covered the rear bumper number plate area. Still the raw look of the spare wheel gets a . Ahaan ?
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks