Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2014, 10:54   #6631
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My uncle's Ecosport's (Diesel) 10k service was done recently. Total bill came to 4.6k which includes general service (oil replacement, changed air filter as he mentioned the FE wasnt good) and also replaced one ORVM which was broken.
What's the price of the ORVM? Is that also included in the 4.6K ?
Old 4th March 2014, 10:58   #6632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Good Morning Guys,
Huge fan of Ecosport and have been following this page and Ownership reviews for months .
Here the story goes....Walked into one of the Ford showroom in Bangalore to check on the status of the all new 2014 fiesta as there was no bookings for ecosport,SA had no idea of the fiesta and while chatting i casually queried when the next bookings might open for the ecosport and got the same ans as no Idea Saar!!!. But he checked with me what was i looking for and my instant reply was Automatic .here comes the shocker .....Sir we don't have an automatic but a titanium petrol and a trend petrol is available with white ,silver and black and can be delivered by end of this month and all 2014 models.
well I booked the black 1.5 titanium with 50 k and loan docs in process , if that is cleared delivery by next week Wednesday or max Friday.
Now the cost
on road price inclusive insurance ,warranty,stnd fitments etc....1020037.
now the catch ....1 lakh of accessories should be purchased from the dealer itself....well i was one in hurry so got it down to 40 k of accessories that is MapymyIndia ,Rear spoilers and Spare wheel cover.

VIN- MAJAXXMRKAEL17546 ( please help me on this ,what year and month ?)

There is 2 more cars available ,inbox me for details on the dealer and SA.
In continuation of the message , took the delivery of the same on Feb 21st , it is very comfortable to drive its just the mileage is below 8 that is worrying me maybe after a service can see some improvement .A/c is excellent, cools the car v fast .Music system is good but it needs a tweeter .Having a problem while calling out a name to for an out going call for eg if i want to call preeti it dials dipti or keerthi and i have to disconnect the call through mobile as the operation from the steering wheel switch is very slow.

Any suggestion on the Sync or how to increase the mileage .
Also i would like to install the DRL only inside my headlamps can you guide a good mechanic/technician ,will the turbo whistle sound the same on a petrol engine too ?
Old 4th March 2014, 11:36   #6633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What's the price of the ORVM? Is that also included in the 4.6K ?
Yes. ORVM was about 1.6k. Oil was around 2.3k or 2.5k.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 11:48   #6634
BHPian

Quote:
will the turbo whistle sound the same on a petrol engine too ?
Check the youtube videos of the fake turbo whistles and then decide. I will never fit them based on the sound I heard in those videos.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 12:12   #6635
BHPian

Quote:
In continuation of the message , took the delivery of the same on Feb 21st , it is very comfortable to drive its just the mileage is below 8 that is worrying me maybe after a service can see some improvement .A/c is excellent, cools the car v fast .Music system is good but it needs a tweeter .Having a problem while calling out a name to for an out going call for eg if i want to call preeti it dials dipti or keerthi and i have to disconnect the call through mobile as the operation from the steering wheel switch is very slow.

Also i would like to install the DRL only inside my headlamps can you guide a good mechanic/technician ,will the turbo whistle sound the same on a petrol engine too ?
am uploading some pics ,hope you like it .
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-31.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-8.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-10.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-9.jpg  

shivkumar19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 12:46   #6636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Reverse park sensors is not something to be omitted:
Well, I got them installed from the dealer, the Brand name is 3T (Nice Try)lol, and out of the 4 sensors the 2 in the middle are not working already. No beeps if anything comes right in the middle of the rear bumper, however, the reverse camera helps at that moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes. ORVM was about 1.6k.
1.6k sounds quite less if we are talking about Ford's Spare Parts. If its right, I'm feeling lucky.

Note From T-BHP Support: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT and MULTI QUOTE functions within 30 minutes of posting instead. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th March 2014 at 15:51.
Old 4th March 2014, 21:27   #6637
BHPian

Quote:
its just the mileage is below 8 that is worrying me maybe after a service can see some improvement .
Just reset the mileage and check again with a long drive. In Bangalore traffic nowadays I get 15kmpl (per the MID) with 4000kms on the ODO. Feel that by 10K it would inch up to 16, that would be really good in city conditions.

Last edited by sansvk : 4th March 2014 at 21:31. Reason: edit
Old 4th March 2014, 21:39   #6638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
No beeps if anything comes right in the middle of the rear bumper, however, the reverse camera helps at that moment.
Well, if you're planning on a new system, buy the one from Autocop or JPM. They truly are durable and quite accurate in their functioning aspect.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 22:26   #6639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Message:"engine oil change due"service required on the MID,Plus a spanner with engine oil can glows in orange colour on the instrument cluster(see the first picture)
Hi,

I got my car serviced last week and went for a 600 kms drive over the weekend. Came back and my car crossed 10k while coming back from work today. I suddenly, saw the above message flashing at a little over 10k. How do I make sure its not a problem. I pulled over and checked the engine oil level but as the engine was hot, I'll check it again tomorrow morning.

If its harmless, how do I get rid of it?
Old 5th March 2014, 02:20   #6640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Hi,

I got my car serviced last week and went for a 600 kms drive over the weekend. Came back and my car crossed 10k while coming back from work today. I suddenly, saw the above message flashing at a little over 10k. How do I make sure its not a problem. I pulled over and checked the engine oil level but as the engine was hot, I'll check it again tomorrow morning.

If its harmless, how do I get rid of it?
Hi,

1)What I understand is that you got your second servicing done at around 9400km.

2) The Ford guys forgot to reset your service interval alarm at 9400km hence it went off around 10000km.

3) What does the message on the MID day. (Service and change engine oil? )

4) Go back to the workshop and reset the service due reminder.

Please update us after it is done
Old 5th March 2014, 05:40   #6641
BHPian

Hello all
Does anybody from the team can provide me a contact of a top shot in Ford. My car still has pickup issues and the Ford dealers do nothing as ECU report says nothing. I'm really fed up and now take some legal route to get this fixed. Cannot take this suffering anymore.
So please send me any contact details of any body top shot in Ford and I will be really grateful.
Thanks
Harpreet
Old 5th March 2014, 09:29   #6642
BHPian

Quote:

shiv congrats on the new buy. I have an automatic too. Been more than a month now. The mileage is 11.1 now. City mileage is around 10.8. You need to adjust your driving style for an automatic. You can actually upshift gears by using the accelerator and feel it happening through the rpm.
when you drive properly with a light foot and correct rpm the mileage will increase a lot. This plus the service will definitely increase it.
in any case it will go up after around 5-700 km as the engine smoothens itself and the ecu understands your driving style.
my mileage was 9 initially and went upto 10.8 in the city as my wife learnt the driving style for an automatic vehicle. We have another autogear a X1 bmw which is a diesel with a much higher torque etc and I learnt while driving it that you can get the same speed with a mileage difference of upto 2-3 kmpl just by changing your driving style.But this car will also respond in a similar way. If you are too worried about mileage just goto sports mode and use the triptronic just like a manual and see if it makes any difference.
Try to upshift as soon as it allows. If the rpm is not enough it will downshift automatically. So you just need to keep upshifting and you should get a better mileage. I don't do that as I feel I have already learnt that driving style and the computer calculates and gives me a healthy mileage.
Sometimes on an flyover or incline you might feel it is underpowered but just shift to the sports mode and you will get the power.
Your car already has the tweeter I think.
Old 5th March 2014, 11:19   #6643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
shiv congrats on the new buy. I have an automatic too. Been more than a month now. The mileage is 11.1 now. City mileage is around 10.8. You need to adjust your driving style for an automatic. You can actually upshift gears by using the accelerator and feel it happening through the rpm.
when you drive properly with a light foot and correct rpm the mileage will increase a lot. This plus the service will definitely increase it.
in any case it will go up after around 5-700 km as the engine smoothens itself and the ecu understands your driving style.
my mileage was 9 initially and went upto 10.8 in the city as my wife learnt the driving style for an automatic vehicle. We have another autogear a X1 bmw which is a diesel with a much higher torque etc and I learnt while driving it that you can get the same speed with a mileage difference of upto 2-3 kmpl just by changing your driving style.But this car will also respond in a similar way. If you are too worried about mileage just goto sports mode and use the triptronic just like a manual and see if it makes any difference.
Try to upshift as soon as it allows. If the rpm is not enough it will downshift automatically. So you just need to keep upshifting and you should get a better mileage. I don't do that as I feel I have already learnt that driving style and the computer calculates and gives me a healthy mileage.
Sometimes on an flyover or incline you might feel it is underpowered but just shift to the sports mode and you will get the power.
Your car already has the tweeter I think.
Thanks for the input , but sorry mine is a Manual Transmission .Guys one more query .Its reg walk/guide me home lights ,spoke to the manager from the showroom i picked up according to him he says it only works if i keep the headlamps knob turned on then switch off the car and after i lock it it glows for few 10 -15 secs ,i tried this but as soon as i open the door its starts beeping that the parking light in on ....any suggestion here....will help.
Mine is Titanium (p) MT .
Old 5th March 2014, 11:21   #6644
BHPian

While trying to open the bonnet by mistake my hand hit the small rubber insert on the edge and fell of instantly . I was not able to put it back, have to take it to the dealer to get it fixed.

See the highlighted part of the picture. That's were it was originally and now missing. You can notice the similar rubber insert on the opposite side.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc01225.jpg  

Last edited by Apple : 5th March 2014 at 11:23.
Old 5th March 2014, 11:37   #6645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
While trying to open the bonnet by mistake my hand hit the small rubber insert on the edge and fell of instantly . I was not able to put it back, have to take it to the dealer to get it fixed.

See the highlighted part of the picture. That's were it was originally and now missing. You can notice the similar rubber insert on the opposite side.
I'll need to check this physically, but from the way this looks, can't you just try and push it in firmly, while twisting it at the same time? This takes a bit of practice, but you should be able to do it.
I'll also go back home, take it off, and try doing it myself.
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks